• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Shadows of the Setting Sun (OOC)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Hmm. I had Makuro flee in a different direction from Tyree, essentially splitting them up, though they could certainly link up with each other again. I feel that once he was sure he'd gotten away and his Anima had gone back down to Dim from Glowing (something that would take 30 minutes), he'd double back and return to the ridge.

In any case, if he saw another member of the Circle fighting, he'd fly over to see what's going on.

Same. I am glowing as bright as can be, and will have to take some time to dim down before hunting for the rest of the Circle.

I'm wondering if we can play the small scene out of Toun and Zoya reacting to this plan. are you up for that scene?
Yeah, that sounds good. Also gives me a reason to remember that I have Truth-Rendering Gaze so that I can use it on the Clockwork bird... But using it on the Tower might be helpful to Sigrdrifa's plan.

As she reared in a fearsome stance. He forehead blazed with the same intense anticipation that she felt now. Their weapons striking her like reeds across the hull of a river boat, her movements keeping them from finding any purchase.

Now they shall feel the bite of her own.

With a spin, she made a low backward swing of her halberd. Ducking under speartips meant for her head... waiting until she was in their midst to swing for maximum effect. Her target being the legs of the undead steed. Using her strength to their bones and send falling and the horse to collide in a cruel pileup.

CHARM
Falling Scythe Flash
Cost: 5m; Mins: Martial Arts 3, Essence 1;
Type: Supplemental
Keywords: Dual
Duration: Instant
Prerequisite Charms: None

After taking a moment to icily judge the optimal point to apply force to an opponent, the White Reaper strikes without restraint. When used with a withering attack, Falling Scythe Slash doubles the martial artist’s Strength rating for calculating its raw damage.

Alternatively, on a decisive attack against an enemy with lower Initiative, it adds the martial artist’s (Strength/2, round up) to raw damage.

With the MA form active, the armies drill counts as 1 lower when they are to calculate their defense.

Withering Attack
5mt Excellency

5dx+5ma+1sp+1acc+5exc+Stunt

23 attack die

11 sux

WlfSamurai WlfSamurai
So, just making sure I'm doing this right. They have Defense 6 right now since you're using your form, which is awesome. 11 successes - 6 defense = 5 threshold successes. Their soak is 10, but you get Strength x 2 to add to your raw damage, right? So, with that in mind, go ahead and roll it.

Yeah, that sounds good. Also gives me a reason to remember that I have Truth-Rendering Gaze so that I can use it on the Clockwork bird... But using it on the Tower might be helpful to Sigrdrifa's plan.
Awesome! Do it!

Hmm. I had Makuro flee in a different direction from Tyree, essentially splitting them up, though they could certainly link up with each other again. I feel that once he was sure he'd gotten away and his Anima had gone back down to Dim from Glowing (something that would take 30 minutes), he'd double back and return to the ridge.

In any case, if he saw another member of the Circle fighting, he'd fly over to see what's going on.
Same. I am glowing as bright as can be, and will have to take some time to dim down before hunting for the rest of the Circle.
Do you guys want to meet up at a long distance and have a scene while your anima's die down?

So, just making sure I'm doing this right. They have Defense 6 right now since you're using your form, which is awesome. 11 successes - 6 defense = 5 threshold successes. Their soak is 10, but you get Strength x 2 to add to your raw damage, right? So, with that in mind, go ahead and roll it.

Alrighty....

5 threshold
8 strength
14 weapon damage

27 raw

17 post soak.

Damage: 9 damage

Is the Tower visible from where we are? Sorry, it's been an OOC while since we had the description of where we're at.
If it isn't, nothing important is between us and somewhere we can see it (like where we started), so you can just declare we walk there first.

Is the Tower visible from where we are? Sorry, it's been an OOC while since we had the description of where we're at.
If it isn't, nothing important is between us and somewhere we can see it (like where we started), so you can just declare we walk there first.
Yes to both!

If Sherwood Sherwood doesn't mind, I'm up for it. What would we be doing, though? Getting to know each other better, or something else?
I don't mind doing that, unless our illustrious storyteller had other plans.
No plans. Just seeing the interaction.

Zoya reaches out and puts her hand on Sigrdrifa's shoulder, asking the other to pause for a moment. "That is no mere tower," she says with concern in her voice, "it is a Manse - the product of necrotic geomancy. It will be stronger than it has any right to be and might have magical traps for the unwary. However, that also means that it is a greater threat than merely the dwelling of a monster. It amplifies the power of necromancy around it - perhaps it would even be impossible to raise an army like this without it - and it spreads the wound in Creation that is this Shadowland ever outwards. Its center of power will be the Hearthroom through which all the nearby Essence flows."

OOC: Can I tell where the Hearthroom will be? Maybe int+occ?
No need to roll. With your skill/knowledge/Charm you just used/previous roll, you can tell by structure and shape that the Hearthroom will be buried in the depths of the ground. Judging by what you've seen and what you just gleaned, the most likely reason is to tap into the tragedy of the Marama’s Fell and perhaps whatever is under this area in the Underworld.

With one swing she had decimated their numbers, and with her backswing she would finish them! A silvery white halo appeared at her back. Floating like an ominous sign of things to come.

She planted her feet and put both muscle and her weight into it. Holding the haft of the halberd at the pommel to reach out wide, cleavage halberd through whatever was unfortunate enough to still be within its reach, namely those who were still charging forward having not the time to react to their brethren having just fallen. They shall all fall like wheat to the scythe.

Decisive Attack
5dx+5ma+1sp+2stunt
5mt Excellency

Charm
Falling Scythe Flash 5mts (+2 to raw damage)

Form charm: Battlegroup is -1 Defense

Successes: 4
Oh yeah, you hit. Roll dat damage.

[I know, but Zoya is too truthful to claim to speak for the spirits. WlfSamurai WlfSamurai WlfSamurai WlfSamurai can I Introduce a Fact that there are some particular vulnerabilities that Sigrdrifa can exploit? Perhaps som cackling gargoyles on the battlements that if destroyed will disrupt internal defences?]
That sounds helpful!

I defer to WlfSamurai WlfSamurai on the subject of the destructibility of Manses. It seems to vary quite a lot. Sometimes they're nigh-indestructible fortresses and sometimes they're delicate and easily disrupted. Sigrdrífa's basically planning to just walk up to it, smash her arm through the stone, and walk in a circle around it, cutting through the hopefully load bearing outer wall in the process until the tower gives way. If it's reinforced with Soulsteel beams, or something equally strong, I'm honestly not sure if she could do that. If she goes all out, I think she could probably go toe to toe with the Unconquered Sun in a feat of strength, and he halted a charging Isidoros. She's an E5 Solar at the peak of their power as far as 'being strong' goes, but the game is pretty nebulous about what exactly that entails. I don't think magical materials are meant to be completely indestructible, just very tough, and 40+ successes on a feat of infinite strength might be enough to break them.

Sorry I was down and out a few days. Got my booster and flu shot together a few days ago and it has been kicking my butt, strangely.

Should have something for you all soon...

Sorry I was down and out a few days. Got my booster and flu shot together a few days ago and it has been kicking my butt, strangely.

Should have something for you all soon...
Oh trust me, I feel your pain. After I got my booster, I was pretty much out for the rest of that day.

My biggest complaint of the shot series was that it made my arm hurt for days.

Yeah, this was the only one that hurt for days after. And it had migrated down into my arm pit and just sat there forever it was super weird.

That sounds helpful!

I defer to WlfSamurai WlfSamurai on the subject of the destructibility of Manses. It seems to vary quite a lot. Sometimes they're nigh-indestructible fortresses and sometimes they're delicate and easily disrupted. Sigrdrífa's basically planning to just walk up to it, smash her arm through the stone, and walk in a circle around it, cutting through the hopefully load bearing outer wall in the process until the tower gives way. If it's reinforced with Soulsteel beams, or something equally strong, I'm honestly not sure if she could do that. If she goes all out, I think she could probably go toe to toe with the Unconquered Sun in a feat of strength, and he halted a charging Isidoros. She's an E5 Solar at the peak of their power as far as 'being strong' goes, but the game is pretty nebulous about what exactly that entails. I don't think magical materials are meant to be completely indestructible, just very tough, and 40+ successes on a feat of infinite strength might be enough to break them.
Yes, there is Soulsteel involved in its construction for sure. If she takes guidance from Zoya, she can destroy it as a Manse by disrupting the flow of Essence. Maybe even done right, it could reverse the flow and overload in a Essence explosion.

But the Soulsteel skeleton would survive for sure.

Decisive damage

31 Initiative
Double 10s on decisive (White reaper form)
+2 from falling scuthe flash

33 die.

18 success
You’re basically going to wipe them out and end the battle. Do you want to leave any of them “mostly” intact for questioning?

You’re basically going to wipe them out and end the battle. Do you want to leave any of them “mostly” intact for questioning?

Afureru would be more than happy to keep as many as she can. If I could get away with converting any to my own army, I certainly would. Got to grow my army somewhere! And Affy isn't so picky as to disallow ghosts.

But if I can wrench answers out of some. That would be just as well.

Afureru would be more than happy to keep as many as she can. If I could get away with converting any to my own army, I certainly would. Got to grow my army somewhere! And Affy isn't so picky as to disallow ghosts.

But if I can wrench answers out of some. That would be just as well.
They’d fright to the…final…death? So, I’m planning on giving you half of one still un-living that can still speak, etc.

[I know, but Zoya is too truthful to claim to speak for the spirits. WlfSamurai WlfSamurai can I Introduce a Fact that there are some particular vulnerabilities that Sigrdrifa can exploit? Perhaps som cackling gargoyles on the battlements that if destroyed will disrupt internal defences?]
I don’t think I ever answered this! The answer is a YES for sure. I love that. Let’s do it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back