• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Shadows of the Setting Sun (OOC)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Yes for sure. You know right off the bat it’s orichalcum.

Roll either intelligence + lore or intelligence + occult, difficulty 4. If you…
  • Succeed, you’ll know what it is. I’ll tell you about it and you can tell us how you know.
  • Fail, you wont know what it is, but you’ll know it’s First Age for sure.
Obviously, I get 3 sux.

Tyree feels torn; the monster is close to being destroyed, but the mass of soldiers are nearly upon them. I can't take on the whole army, no matter how good I think I am. Time to go! She calls out to Makuro, saying, "I think we have done all we can here! Time to get the hell out of dodge!" With that, she shifts her Essence into her body, shifting her form into that of a raven and exploding upwards in a desperate attempt to get away, feeling intensely angry that she was only able to kill the spellcaster and not the monster she had summoned.
Going for a Disengage attempt, hoping that the -4 to the monster's dice pools will make it possible to get away. Adding a point of Willpower in to get the extra success.

Edited.
Total of 4 successes to get away, unless I can get some stunt dice from my post?

-0 [ ] (+[ ] Only in DBT Form)
-1 [ ][ ]
-2 [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] - [ ][ ][ ]
-4 [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] - [ ][ ]
I [ ]

Essence: 1
Personal: 16 / 0
Peripheral: 38 / 24 / 6
Committed: 14
Willpower: 7 / 4

Parry DV: 6
Dodge DV: 3
Resolve: 4
Guile: 1

Join Battle: 8 + 3i - +5i from Sinuous Striking Grace (3m)

Soak: 5
Armor: +11
Shapeshifted: +5 from Unusual Skin, +5 from DBT
Total Soak: 16 human / 26 DBT
Armor Hardness: 10

Weapons
Zelator
Type: Heavy (+1 ACC, +14 DMG, +0 DEF, OVW 5)
Tags: Lethal, Melee, Piercing, Reaching;
Two-Handed when on foot
The spear makes baneful attacks against sorcerers, sorcerous constructs, sorcerously transformed opponents, and summoned spirits. Its decisive attacks against such foes add one bonus die to the damage roll and deal aggravated damage. If the target is a sorcerer who has gathered sorcerous motes, three of the gathered motes are dispersed and lost.
Definitely get a 1-point stunt out of that for sure.

You got WAAAAY closer than I thought you would. So bravo there. Impressive.

Just to let everyone know, I'm going to tidy up D. Rex D. Rex 's little engagement and then we can discuss our next scene(s). During that time, if you'd like to keep the Zoya/Sigrdrifa/Toun interaction going, that'd be cool. Of if Tyree/Makuro would like to meet up with them, we could do that, too.

Esbilon Esbilon Rykon Rykon Sherwood Sherwood D. Rex D. Rex Random Word Random Word jaydude jaydude

I don't think that we would know where the other are, and Tyree at least will be evading the army for a while until her anima banner fades down and she can return to the campsite without leading the army right to the rest of the group.

I don't think that we would know where the other are, and Tyree at least will be evading the army for a while until her anima banner fades down and she can return to the campsite without leading the army right to the rest of the group.
Yeah, Makuro would be inclined to do the same. He likes Zoya, wants to keep Lunars alive, and besides Embrace, the rest of the circle are no use to him dead.

Dodge DV: 6

Minus any penalty you want given that Afureru is still holding Embrace.

Given that they are now in close range, I would like to reflexively activate White Reaper Style Form for 8 motes.
Sounds good on activating White Reaper. And, for now, I'm going with no penalty for Embrace. I'm enjoying the scene.

Okay, so just a quick little recap:

Sherwood Sherwood and jaydude jaydude , you're headed west-ish? Away from the ridge and the rest of the group? Flying to opposite so the enemy doesn't head up the ridge where the others are, right?

And Random Word Random Word , Esbilon Esbilon , and Rykon Rykon now that you burned the underground torture chamber/laboratory/tomb, where're you thinking you want to go? Did you want to try and find D. Rex D. Rex / Afureru?

Ah, let's see. Sigrdrifa had to check in with the ghosts about whether they were satisfied, then she was off to kill Achiba in its tower.

Can someone please remind me who Achiba is? I haven't exactly been following the story outside of what my character's doing.

So, a couple things about this whole sitch, as just a recap. You now know a few things and I'll add a few things:
  • You now know there is a horde here, amassing
  • They have several troop types and are experimenting on more
  • There was an Abyssal involved (who is now dead, good work Tyree!)
  • There is a offing abomination down there as well as all the crazy massed forces
Now, to add, some conclusions you draw:
  • This horde isn't QUITE ready, though they're farther along than anyone could have guessed
  • Based on the current size and readiness, those with war 3 know they're about 6 months out from being in any kind of ready state
Okay, and things you DON'T know or are not sure of:
  • Who REALLY is in charge here
  • Who's damn tower that is
  • If Achiba is here or not
  • If Aaki and Haze made it back to Whitewall (I don't think it's been enough time anyway)
Anyway, I want to confirm, Team Kill Achiba, that you want to wade into the hordes out there, bust into the unknown tower, fight whatever is in there, all while dealing with the giant abomination thing Tyree and Makuro fought? And without knowing if Achiba is in there or not?

Not truly discouraging, just making sure we all have the right expectations and know the situation. :)

Esbilon Esbilon Rykon Rykon Sherwood Sherwood D. Rex D. Rex Random Word Random Word jaydude jaydude

Sigrdrifa is very (over)confident in her ability to disengage at will. She doesn't think the enemy can stop her from leaving if things go wrong. She is therefore willing to risk attacking, but she intends it to be a surgical strike. She's been told Achiba is up in that tower, and whether it is or not, she will try to tear the tower from its foundation and topple it such that it falls on whatever she judges to be most important/liable to break if a tower falls on it. If Achiba isn't in the tower, presumably that's the sort of thing that will get its attention.

She may well discover the tower is magically impervious to even the might of the Unconquered Sun (maybe the whole thing is made of magical materials, or is held together by sorcery, or who knows what), in which case she will fall back on scaling the tower to find out what's at the top, because obviously if you build a tower and put something important in it, it's either going to be at the top or in the basement. If she doesn't find anything, or can't topple or break into the tower, she'll give up, withdraw, and come up with a new plan.

Obviously this whole endeavour is absurdly dangerous, and since she's likely to be doing it alone it shouldn't be a long scene. She definitely doesn't intend to get into combat. If Achiba survives the collapse of its tower, unless it seems vulnerable to a finishing strike, she'll withdraw to strike again later. If you'd like you can just narrate whether she succeeds or fails, and what if anything she learns.

Sigrdrifa is very (over)confident in her ability to disengage at will. She doesn't think the enemy can stop her from leaving if things go wrong. She is therefore willing to risk attacking, but she intends it to be a surgical strike. She's been told Achiba is up in that tower, and whether it is or not, she will try to tear the tower from its foundation and topple it such that it falls on whatever she judges to be most important/liable to break if a tower falls on it. If Achiba isn't in the tower, presumably that's the sort of thing that will get its attention.

She may well discover the tower is magically impervious to even the might of the Unconquered Sun (maybe the whole thing is made of magical materials, or is held together by sorcery, or who knows what), in which case she will fall back on scaling the tower to find out what's at the top, because obviously if you build a tower and put something important in it, it's either going to be at the top or in the basement. If she doesn't find anything, or can't topple or break into the tower, she'll give up, withdraw, and come up with a new plan.

Obviously this whole endeavour is absurdly dangerous, and since she's likely to be doing it alone it shouldn't be a long scene. She definitely doesn't intend to get into combat. If Achiba survives the collapse of its tower, unless it seems vulnerable to a finishing strike, she'll withdraw to strike again later. If you'd like you can just narrate whether she succeeds or fails, and what if anything she learns.
Excellent. I love it. That will definitely be a scene/set of scenes.

I'm wondering if we can play the small scene out of Toun and Zoya reacting to this plan. Esbilon Esbilon and Rykon Rykon , are you up for that scene?

My plan is to wrap up most of this shadowland expedition and move to the next story-beat—whatever that is. I figured it'd be you guys back at Whitewall.

jaydude jaydude and Sherwood Sherwood , about how long would you bide your time making sure you weren't going to lead the enemy to the rest of the group? And then, where do you think you'll head after?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back