• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Shadows of the Setting Sun (OOC)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
No worries. I know the feeling, and it's only fair I show you patience while you're extending me the same courtesy.

Now optimized for the upcoming fight, Tyree has a savage grin on her face as she steps forward to get within striking distance of the monstrosity. This is what she lived for; facing off against foes that would unnerve a weaker being with steel in her own spine and a snarl on her lips.
Spending 2m on Divine Predator Strike and 5m on my Strength Excellency

6 successes to hit. With is DV of 4, I'll go ahead and roll damage.

Health Levels
-0 [ ] (+[ ] Only in DBT Form)
-1 [ ][ ]
-2 [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] - [ ][ ][ ]
-4 [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] - [ ][ ]
I [ ]

Essence: 1
Personal: 16 / 0
Peripheral: 38 / 24 / 11
Committed: 14
Willpower: 7 / 5

Parry DV: 6
Dodge DV: 3
Resolve: 4
Guile: 1

Join Battle: 8 + 3i - +5i from Sinuous Striking Grace (3m)

Soak: 5
Armor: +11
Shapeshifted: +5 from Unusual Skin, +5 from DBT
Total Soak: 16 human / 26 DBT
Armor Hardness: 10

Weapons
Zelator
Type: Heavy (+1 ACC, +14 DMG, +0 DEF, OVW 5)
Tags: Lethal, Melee, Piercing, Reaching;
Two-Handed when on foot
The spear makes baneful attacks against sorcerers, sorcerous constructs, sorcerously transformed opponents, and summoned spirits. Its decisive attacks against such foes add one bonus die to the damage roll and deal aggravated damage. If the target is a sorcerer who has gathered sorcerous motes, three of the gathered motes are dispersed and lost.
Sorry, I'm really slow this evening. Can you walk me through the rolls a bit more? Just want to see how the numbers all worked out.

The to-hit roll netted 6 successes to hit, so I scored a hit.

Damage roll works out with 10 Str (5 base, +5 from Str Excellency), +Str to Withering attacks from DBT, +14 from spear damage. -22 from its soak gives me 15 dice to roll, getting 5 successes for +6i to Tyree and -5 to the monster.

Thinking of trying to use a decisive attack here; if I land one on an enemy suffering a -2 or greater onslaught penalty, I'm able to reflexively enter Centipede Form. I know that Tyree's used her Strength Excellency on both of her last two attacks against the Abomination, but do these count as "magically inflicted onslaught penalties", seeing as they're the only ones that can affect Legendary Size things?

Disregard my last post. With only 7 initiative, I'm not going to beat the Abomination's Hardness. I'll just go with a Withering Attack instead.

Using an excellency on an attack doesn't make its onslaught penalties magically inflicted. Magically inflicted onslaught penalties happen when a charm specifically says it creates an onslaught penalty (solar brawl, dragonblooded war combo, etc).

Using an excellency on an attack doesn't make its onslaught penalties magically inflicted. Magically inflicted onslaught penalties happen when a charm specifically says it creates an onslaught penalty (solar brawl, dragonblooded war combo, etc).
Thank you, sir! That helps.

Welcome back! Are you in a spot where you're good to jump back in?

In a day or two once I resume my normal schedule, yes I can jump right back into the action! I'm at least back in contact.

But you also had that interesting idea of Affy, Embrace, and the army just disappearing.

In a day or two once I resume my normal schedule, yes I can jump right back into the action! I'm at least back in contact.

But you also had that interesting idea of Affy, Embrace, and the army just disappearing.
Yes, but only until you returned. None of that has happened yet. We've processed like another 5-10 minutes of in-game time. LOL.

Yes, but only until you returned. None of that has happened yet. We've processed like another 5-10 minutes of in-game time. LOL.
Very true! But that doesn't mean it's without value of speculation! Especially considering she will be waiting up top for a while during the parties tomb raiding.

However! That does give me some time to try and see about recruiting my own undead army. Put the fear of the sun into the ghosts and see if their spirits are able to fight for a more noble cause.

Now then! Onto posting.

I do not think I have anything that will let me attack dematerialized spirits.

But I think, that they can't attack me either while they are dematerialized?

If thats the case. The best course of action would be to hold my action until the tick of their attack and see if I can initiate a clash, if possible.

Of course that depends. How far away are they? They might be a turn or two away.

You're in luck. You're in a Shadowland. Spirits are material at night here, and in fact cannot dematerialize. In a Shadowland this potent, Spirits are material any time they aren't in direct sunlight, even during the day.

Hilariously Sigrdrifa can dematerialize here, which makes her more ghostly than the ghosts at night. She can walk through them and they can't touch or perceive her, except when they're in direct sunlight.

Very true! But that doesn't mean it's without value of speculation! Especially considering she will be waiting up top for a while during the parties tomb raiding.

However! That does give me some time to try and see about recruiting my own undead army. Put the fear of the sun into the ghosts and see if their spirits are able to fight for a more noble cause.

Now then! Onto posting.

I do not think I have anything that will let me attack dematerialized spirits.

But I think, that they can't attack me either while they are dematerialized?

If thats the case. The best course of action would be to hold my action until the tick of their attack and see if I can initiate a clash, if possible.

Of course that depends. How far away are they? They might be a turn or two away.
The are at long range at the moment.

You're in luck. You're in a Shadowland. Spirits are material at night here, and in fact cannot dematerialize. In a Shadowland this potent, Spirits are material any time they aren't in direct sunlight, even during the day.

Hilariously Sigrdrifa can dematerialize here, which makes her more ghostly than the ghosts at night. She can walk through them and they can't touch or perceive her, except when they're in direct sunlight.

Oh such beautiful luck!

The are at long range at the moment.

Alright! Then advance it shall be! A turn or two should give me some time to build up some essence back and throw a few taunts their way to see if I can inspire either fear or disloyalty.

Though I doubt recruiting ghosts in the middle of a shadowland would be as easy as "join me or die".

Oh such beautiful luck!

Alright! Then advance it shall be! A turn or two should give me some time to build up some essence back and throw a few taunts their way to see if I can inspire either fear or disloyalty.

Though I doubt recruiting ghosts in the middle of a shadowland would be as easy as "join me or die".
The Essence from the bout with Embrace should all be back, FYI. That was a few days ago in-game time.

WlfSamurai WlfSamurai I have a few questions: 1) just how many corpses are in the room? 2) Will my Zenith power put them to rest so long after their deahts? As written, it seems intended to be used shortly after death. 3) Can I make a super-charged version rather than touching each of them in turn? (not sure this is what I want, but I think it could be a cool visual).

WlfSamurai WlfSamurai I have a few questions: 1) just how many corpses are in the room? 2) Will my Zenith power put them to rest so long after their deahts? As written, it seems intended to be used shortly after death. 3) Can I make a super-charged version rather than touching each of them in turn? (not sure this is what I want, but I think it could be a cool visual).
I was thinking something similar, actually! We're going off-book, obviously. So, I'm in for whatever idea you have or what you think makes sense.

What do you think?

Well, mostly just throwing 15 peripheral motes into the wind and going straight to Iconic to have all the corpses reduced to nothingness and all the souls move on.

Well, mostly just throwing 15 peripheral motes into the wind and going straight to Iconic to have all the corpses reduced to nothingness and all the souls move on.
That sounds good. I also think building a pyre could do the same, but would take a lot longer. And I haven't thought out the area's wood resources.

I would like to delay my turn to go on the same tick as the battlegroup. To make a movement into them as they get closer and force a Clash attack. If I may.
I don't think you can Clash battlegroups. That's a single target only thing, like Defend Other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back