• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Shadows of the Setting Sun (OOC)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Hmm, perhaps he'd still notice from Toun procuring a cart to haul back a mammoth carcass? Generally supplies, carts, wagons and such would be handled by the staff in Afureru's company I'd think.
Maybe. Though on second thoughts I'm probably just gonna have him stay in his own conversation with Ranna, Zoya and Tyree. The muse I was discussing has left me, and I don't see Makuro as the kind of guy who'd interrupt a couple's sweet moment.

God I love it. Thank you guys for continuing to play while work steals my soul this week. These posts are great.

One thing! Random Word Random Word , does the crafting cost Essence? I was seeing something about 2m can reduce, but what is the cost?

You could definitely make the case that she had a few projects going there, so she'd have to spend 12 or 18m, but she's about to sleep so I'm not too worried about that. If we're attacked before she's had two hours of sleep I'll mark her down as missing some motes.

FYI, I'll be a little scarce for awhile, I'm preparing to move this weekend amidst the usual chaos.

"I don't think your contempt is as much of a deterrent as you seem to," Zoya says softly after Sigrdrifa has left.
Who was Zoya addressing there? Sigrdrifa's super hearing probably means she heard it, but I'm not sure what it means - is she just saying Sigrdrifa throwing a tantrum and storming off isn't going to stop her from practicing her art (Understandably)?

Also, if Sigrdrifa's cultural mistrust of sorcery is ever obnoxious, tell me and I'll tone it down. Any of the Lunars can tell her to shut up and stop harassing Zoya and she'll listen. I just figure most people in Creation have a pretty strong mistrust of sorcery unless it's counterbalanced by the sorcerer being something revered (Dragonblooded, etc), some cultural veneration of sorcery itself like Ysr, or first hand positive experiences. Without that, Sigrdrifa sees the worst in all the sorcery Zoya does.

I for one, am loving the drama. Play your character, let things develop how they may, it’s incredibly gripping and I’m loving how things are going!

I am just glad that everyone is able to split personal feelings from their characters. I hate to see interparty fighting tearing a game apart when players can't do that.

It would be weird if a group this large that also just started traveling together within the last few days didn’t have some friction.

I’d be more inclined to jump in, but the opportune time seems to have passed. I might throw in something to engage with the others while Zoya and Sigrdrifa reach an understanding. I’ll see if I can come up with something to contribute soon.

Sorry, drama moves fast. I would have waited if I'd know you wanted to get a word in edgewise.

Ah, I've figured it out. Zoya was referencing Makuro saying, "And if this is how we fall apart, I promise you that no-one will have as much contempt about it as me."

Thank you. I don‘t know when my wife and I got to that point in life where our parents are old and have tons of health issues...

I mean that as me the ST. You guys RP well all the time. But, maybe giving you the breathing room with the scene encouraged it?

Sorry to hear about your family's woes, Wlf, and glad to hear you're enjoying the little drama here :)

Like I wrote in the main thread: Zoya wants to figure out if it means a lot personally/culturally to Sigrdrifa to be able to do penance for her own perceived wrong. I'm not sure if that's a Lore or a Read Intentions roll, or if it could equally well be handled by either. Let me know which works better and I'll roll.

I have no idea where Aeliana’s philosophy is coming from or where it’s going but I’ll give it a big general oof as is. I’m hoping to lock it down and give her a less chaotic vibe, it’s a strange set of rules and beliefs but it’s still gotta have its own internal logic. Sort of a Might makes right, anti-inaction, enjoy life as it comes mantra.

Is she offering to do a penance for Zoya's sake or her own? So, she takes a moment to study Sigrdrifa's expression and think back to what she knows of Icewalker customs.
Like I wrote in the main thread: Zoya wants to figure out if it means a lot personally/culturally to Sigrdrifa to be able to do penance for her own perceived wrong.
I'm not sure if the ban on social influence rolls against players extends to Read Intentions, but it doesn't matter. Sigrdrífa's Guile is 1 and her modified Resolve against Zoya's Appearance is also 1. Zoya can be assumed to automatically read Sigrdrífa's intentions in all cases, and her instill/persuade attempts can be assumed to always succeed unless Sigrdrífa is so opposed she spends WP. Even against a Defining Intimacy Zoya's odds of failing are very low. 10 pool + stunt 2 + HPM 3 is already ~66% chance to succeed against Resolve 1 + Defining 4. Toss in Listener Swaying Argument or something for 3m and it becomes 88%.

Zoya can tell that it's personally and culturally important to Sigrdrífa she does not dishonour the memory of the woman who lost her soul - memory is all that's left of her - by unjustly accusing the person who attempted to save it of performing such a vile act. As far as Sigrdrífa's concerned, it's for the dead woman's sake, not Zoya's or her own, but it's really for Sigrdrífa's sake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back