• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Shadows of the Setting Sun (OOC)

Main
Here
Characters
Here

WlfSamurai

Maelstrom Engineer
To plan and philosophize. Oh yeah, and chat.

For reference and character help, Charm trees:
MadLetter's Charm Cascades - Lunar, Solar, Dragon-Blooded

How we handle stunts:
  • One-point stunts
    • By the nature of play-by-post, always assume you have been awarded a 1-point stunt.
  • Two and three-point stunts
    • If you're post is a 2-point stunt, I will mark it with the "well-written" reaction: WellWritten.png. You then can go in and edit your post to reflect that fact. I'll probably call it out to let you know, as well.
    • If your post is a 3-point stunt, I will mark it with the "great scene" reaction: greatscene.png.

Craft:
This is the Craft rewrite we are using for this game: Craft Rewrite - Exalted 3e

Just keeping the list of you players here for safe-keeping.
Esbilon Esbilon , Epiphany Epiphany , Rykon Rykon , Sherwood Sherwood , D. Rex D. Rex , Random Word Random Word , Teh Frixz Teh Frixz , jaydude jaydude

Last edited:
I've said it before. Exalted is what brought me to this site.

I had just finished up revising the BB code version of the character sheet when WlfSamurai put up the threads.

I've said it before. Exalted is what brought me to this site.

I had just finished up revising the BB code version of the character sheet when WlfSamurai put up the threads.
Same. All those years ago seeing the myriad of games on Pattern Spider. It was just what I was looking for at the time.

It has been a long time since the Pattern Spider days. Good times.

I don't think I was around for the Pattern Spider stuff.

While we're still preparing the group as a whole though, let me know what sort of connections anyone is interested in between characters.

I think Tyree and Toun were going to share a grudge with a particular tribe that ambushed his patrol and burned his village. In my old write up I had it down as the "Stag" tribe, but let me know if you have any ideas.

I also still have old Gerd Marrow-Eater, founder of the Haslanti (assuming that's still canon), as his Mentor.

I have planned on doing some editing of my backstory to better fit yours as soon as we can put our heads together and make it work.

BTW, is there any plan for Tyree and Toun to have their Solar Bonds in the party?

Toun wants to be a god, and have a story focused on finding a place for his people, right? That sounds like fun, so I want to be a god too. Prickly arrogant self-righteous Twilight sorceress raised in a monastic cult that identifies children as divine Dalai Lama style, worships them, then when they come of age delivers them to The Temple for ascension. The ancient artifact inside is broken and usually kills any who enter, but she Exalted helping it repair itself and awakening to Sorcery in the process. Now she's the first divine child to walk back out of The Temple in her culture's memory, and as such is convinced she's a bodhisattva, a life & fertility goddess who deferred enlightenment to save everyone in the North by making the ice bloom.

With 7 players I figure I should hyper-specialize, and I've never played with the absurdity that is Ephemeral Induction Technique at character creation. I want a pet War Goddess, because someday an Essence 5 War God with Survival Charms on top is going to be unreasonably entertaining.

It would be fun to get into a fight with Toun about who the real god is, and eventually be forced into a power sharing agreement/forming a pantheon.

Sounds like a perfect fit. I'm a bit curious how the spirit familiar(s) will play into cultivating the territory, the rivalry, and overall plot once we get started. Depending on the relationship between the two, I can see her building out a lower court to handle all the tasks or oversight neither wants to personally tend to. Like finances.

If you want to focus really heavily on the spirit familiar angle with some sorcery to boost your growing stand, I might look at expediting some defense charms to help cover in a pinch. Not like they weren't already on my shopping list.

Any thoughts on how the characters would meet?

She's going to conceive of herself like a Yozi (Not that she knows what a Yozi is), as per the tenets of the religion in which she was raised. She and the gods she creates are all emanations of some higher being. Or maybe they're all emanations of her? Undecided.

Side note, Sorcerous Workings are really crazy. Like probably way too strong crazy. At Terrestrial Circle you can do workings of up to Solar Circle Ambition 2. Only Solar Circle Ambition 3 is off limits. You hike the difficulty way up, but that's not that scary, especially if you don't care about Finesse. And everyone knows Finesse is for cowards. Even Int 4 + Occult 4 + Specialty exceptional mortal Sorcerers can create Essence 5 Gods and Demons (Celestial Circle Ambition 3) with high probability with enough support infrastructure to give them Means. Why do I know this? That's not important. For Solars? It's basically effortless to do Solar Circle workings at character creation (So long as you've got a few years to kill).

I imagine they meet because my people have way more food than they could ever eat and yours are hungry and very scary. History suggests that combination has a way of bringing people together. WlfSamurai may also drive your people towards mine with some terrible foe.

I'm by default going to invest a lot in a single location with the assumption problems will come to me, but if the campaign is going to be all about moving around to make our own problems then I can adapt.

Last edited:
I’m still in flexible mode where I don’t want to influence anything just yet. I want to see what shakes out. So far, this is super interesting.

We may all need to adjust when all characters are added. But for now, this direction is really cool.

I briefly considered going with a rhino build as a living tank and getting the mutation of Carapace, and that doubles the soak provided by the Unusual Hide mutation, to give me a +10 to my soak before adding in my Stamina and the extra provided by the Charm of Deadly Beastman Transformation. Add to that a set of heavy platemail and I'd be able to wade through armies and not get hurt.

I briefly considered going with a rhino build as a living tank and getting the mutation of Carapace, and that doubles the soak provided by the Unusual Hide mutation, to give me a +10 to my soak before adding in my Stamina and the extra provided by the Charm of Deadly Beastman Transformation. Add to that a set of heavy platemail and I'd be able to wade through armies and not get hurt.
Can you only get mutations based on that animal?

I mean... a carapace on a bear could look pretty cool.

chunyu-lin-.jpg

As a side note, I think between you and me, we will destroy any army we come across.

Don't tempt me to get it. I'm trying to not kill off the rest of the party with the opponents that WlfSamurai would have to throw our way to hurt me. As it is, I have a huge amount of damage absorption, and I'm even considering dropping one of my Ox-Body Techniques to get something else in its place.

Don't tempt me to get it. I'm trying to not kill off the rest of the party with the opponents that WlfSamurai would have to throw our way to hurt me. As it is, I have a huge amount of damage absorption, and I'm even considering dropping one of my Ox-Body Techniques to get something else in its place.
It might not be that bad. So far we seem to be having a pretty kill-heavy party.

Brutey tank, giant warlord, infamous warrior, an assassin, and a mad sorceress.

So far it looks like our party is designed to draw blood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back