• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Shadows of the Setting Sun (OOC)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
She's an Exalt, you can't search her for weapons. Every Exalt ever stores their weapons Elsewhere :P If they don't store them Elsewhere, they can probably conceal a Daiklave while naked.

She's an Exalt, you can't search her for weapons. Every Exalt ever stores their weapons Elsewhere :P If they don't store them Elsewhere, they can probably conceal a Daiklave while naked.
Unless you're deliberately setting me up by not specifically saying that they could conceal the thing on their person, I don't even wanna know how that's possible.

*shrugs* Charms. How do they work? Nobody knows. Naked Thief Style is a thing. Asuna could conceal a Daiklave naked and someone would have to beat her Larceny + Intelligence/Dexterity with an Awareness + Perception to spot it.

This was what I was going with originally. I mean the Elsewhere part, not the naked part.

But, then I figured I'd ask what you envisioned her using when you had that battle in the snow with her in your backstory.

And, I read the sexual tension between Áleifr and Sigrdrífa in that fight right? It was there, wasn't it?

With Sigrdrífa brawl abilities, making her a martial artist would be cool, too.

Last edited:
Won't stop me from trying!

Nothing like a good frisk to see if I spot a pommel of a greatsword sticking out of someone's naked behind.

How much space is there around this woman? If I shift forms, would I be able to perform a surprise Decisive attack on her before anyone can act against her?
Not if you take your war form - that's a Simple Charm so it takes your whole turn - but if you do it in your regular form and you beat everyone's awareness with a Stealth test, and beat everyone's Join Battle result, then you can make an ambush Decisive before anyone else can react.

I was looking at the Deadly Beastman Charm, and the bonuses it provides to me at this moment would only be the soak I get, since my Strength doesn't add any extra damage to a Decisive attack. So, I'll just use my Wits Excellency along with my Dex Charm to boost my initiative as high as possible, toss in a Willpower point to get the extra success, and do some Aggravated damage to the spellcaster with my spear.

Just, y'know, be aware that you'll then immediately be dogpiled by 300 000 ghosts and other horrors, and you have a disengage pool of Dex 2 + Dodge 3, and no Dex excellency, so your odds of flying away afterwards are, as we say in the business, not great. We will probably have to come save you. Your Dex 2 + Stealth 3 might beat the Abyssal Sorcerer's Awareness + Perception if she isn't very observant (and she does seem quite distracted at the moment, which should help a lot). The consequences of failing the stealth check aren't that bad - that just means her DV isn't 0, and you can probably hit her DV with a decisive attack anyway if she isn't a strong personal combatant. The risk is a bodyguard spirit of some kind with a reflexive defend other ability to take the hit for her.

I don't want to suggest you shouldn't do this - it's an awesome idea - I just want to make sure that you know that Tyree probably knows this is a one way trip. She's committing to fighting the whole army if she doesn't get extremely lucky. The odds this army has nothing in it that can fly to keep contesting your disengages even if you succeed at the first one are not high. Her best bet might be to go Legendary Size and physically try to push her way through the army while ignoring their piddly little ghost attacks, but if they have serious combatants in there that won't hold up.

Thanks for the input. I'll probably end up doing it anyways, and if Tyree can't get away, well, I'll deal with the consequences of my actions.

Thanks for the input. I'll probably end up doing it anyways, and if Tyree can't get away, well, I'll deal with the consequences of my actions.
You're certainly a lot more willing to take such high-risk actions than me. Then again, I pretty much had to be flawless and faultless growing up, and old habits die hard.

I’m so excited you’re going to do this. I’m all giddy inside.

This is the shit that makes for great table stories. :blowkiss:

Random Word Random Word ’s breakdown is spot on. But, I don’t think it matters. You have a golden opportunity here. :D

OOC How much space is there around this woman? If I shift forms, would I be able to perform a surprise Decisive attack on her before anyone can act against her?
To actually answer your question, there is no one else around her. And she’s at the edge to a drop into the depths below. Around her there is a ton of space.

As grim a scene as it had been from afar, it was even worse up close, Makuro thought to himself. At least half the Silver Pact would consider this barbaric if they heard of it, and subsequently be all for opposing the Abyssal Exalted and their ilk. Embrace would probably have a lot to answer for, if this was the kind of thing her master did to Creation's people.

He glided down towards the well-dressed ghost and landed upon a long table, next to a corpse who looked to have recently been eviscerated alive. Trying to ignore the sight and smell of the dead man, the Lunar observed the ghost in the hopes of seeing what exactly his role was here. Was he in charge of this particular part of the camp? Or was he higher up on the totem pole, observing this area for the fun of it?
Perception+Occult roll, good sir. Difficulty 4.

To actually answer your question, there is no one else around her. And she’s at the edge to a drop into the depths below. Around her there is a ton of space.
So, should I hold off on a Join Battle roll until you have a chance to post IC?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back