• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Shadows of the Setting Sun (OOC)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
I think both here and in the main thread I’m going to stop tagging everyone on everything. We’re into the game now and you know if you want to be here and keep up at this point, most likely. 😜

Last edited:
Oh this should be fun. 😈

Afureru is going for the bridge. I’m going to let it breath if anyone wants to do anything As she approaches it on her mount.

There will be two reactions for sure coming up:
  1. The icewalkers‘ reacting to Afureru’s Caste mark
  2. The icewalkers’ reaction to Afureru heading for the bridge
Well if they were smart, they would just be quiet and shuffle out of the way :p

Random Word Random Word , I am literally dying. That post hit my email and I’ve been giggling since. OMG. Thank you for that.

That with the ridiculousness of it happening along side a tyrant lizard striding across is just fantastic.

What is even happening right now?

I missed a lot of the previous comments concerning everyone's actions regarding the plague victims, otherwise I would have added my own voice to what was happening.

The impression I've gotten so far is that Makuro, Tyree and Zoya are being all sensible and discrete, while Afureru, Aeliana, Sigrdrífa and Toun all swagger towards the river with their sexy dramatic bits hanging out.

I missed a lot of the previous comments concerning everyone's actions regarding the plague victims, otherwise I would have added my own voice to what was happening.

The impression I've gotten so far is that Makuro, Tyree and Zoya are being all sensible and discrete, while Afureru, Aeliana, Sigrdrífa and Toun all swagger towards the river with their sexy dramatic bits hanging out.
That sounds about right.

Love the posts and looking forward to responding. I can’t promise it will be tonight as I have something going on this evening. If I don’t get it in, it will be tomorrow for sure.

Love the posts and looking forward to responding. I can’t promise it will be tonight as I have something going on this evening. If I don’t get it in, it will be tomorrow for sure.
Whatever's happening, good luck.

WlfSamurai WlfSamurai

Two questions!

1. Whats a plague walker? We about to.figut some zombies?

2. Is the river showing some sort of intelligence/awareness?

Also! If a tyrant lizard is legendary sized, as is the karkinos. And sigfrida said she made a tyrant lizard sized raftshield. Would it not also be able to cover a godzilla sized crab if it was made for a godzilla sized godzilla?

1. Whats a plague walker? We about to.figut some zombies?
You don’t know yet. It’s some made up name these icewalkers have made for something.

2. Is the river showing some sort of intelligence/awareness?
Yes, for sure. 100%. It basically sized you up before striking.

Also! If a tyrant lizard is legendary sized, as is the karkinos. And sigfrida said she made a tyrant lizard sized raftshield. Would it not also be able to cover a godzilla sized crab if it was made for a godzilla sized godzilla?
Yes, you’re probably right.

In addition, Rykon Rykon reminded me of hardness and how it plays into decisive attacks. So, technically, Godzilla-crab guy wouldn’t take damage anyway as his hardness is 7.

Last edited:
You don’t know yet. It’s some made up name these icewalkers have made for something.

Yes, for sure. 100%. It basically sized you up before striking.

Yes, you’re probably right.

In addition, Rykon Rykon reminded me of hardness and how it plays into decisive attacks. So, technically, Godzilla-crab guy wouldn’t take damage anyway as his hardness is 7.

I say we scare the crap out of it.

Hardness does not apply to Environmental Hazards. I'm assuming the river is creating an Environmental Hazard and not launching a Decisive Attack, as we haven't rolled Join Battle yet and ordinarily you can't launch attacks of any kind until that's done and everyone has an Initiative.

Can I consider resisting the hazard a Feat of Strength? Sigrdrífa gets approximately a billion times better at anything if those words apply. Difficulty 6 is a challenge for her Parry pool of Dex 2 + Brawl 5, but she can nap through it if it's a Feat of Strength.

Last edited:
According to the reference on environmental hazards, an "attack" of this scale is as intense as standing in Lava and more difficult to resist. I'll keep that in mind when considering how much deadly force to apply in turn.

Anyhow, I'd assume for a minor spirit this isn't something it can sustain or repeat for very long unless it's some sort of working or the god has a much higher station than I interpreted from the description of this area.

This is definitely the time for 'Go big or go home' from the river god. We're obviously bad news at a casual glance, and Aeliana flared her anima. I'm impressed the spirit was brave enough/suicidally enraged enough to even contest our passage, but it probably realizes it has to hit us as hard as it can or not at all. It can always Hurry Home if things go poorly for it and hope we don't care enough to spend a long time hunting down its sanctum, or run away upriver faster than we can probably chase it and hope we get tired and peel off.

Sigrdrífa is planning to just ignore it and complete her task unless it's stupid enough to get within punching distance. The river may be throwing a tantrum, but she isn't going to let that stop her from crossing. If Afureru or Toun scare some respect into it, all the better.

I was thinking the same thing. Tank it. Amd show the river that the worst it can do barely tickles. And just makes us even angrier.

Hardness does not apply to Environmental Hazards. I'm assuming the river is creating an Environmental Hazard and not launching a Decisive Attack, as we haven't rolled Join Battle yet and ordinarily you can't launch attacks of any kind until that's done and everyone has an Initiative.

Can I consider resisting the hazard a Feat of Strength? Sigrdrífa gets approximately a billion times better at anything if those words apply. Difficulty 6 is a challenge for her Parry pool of Dex 2 + Brawl 5, but she can nap through it if it's a Feat of Strength.
Oh yeah! I DID read that right! Okay. Right on. Right on.

And yeah, resisting could be a Feat of Strength if stunted right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back