• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Shadows of the Setting Sun (OOC)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Would you say you find them.... unbearable?
One might say, such grizzly tidings may give him paws to reconsider agreeing to such a claws in the contract of our adventure. I wouldn't want to polarize the party any further. Might we consider an Addendum? Or should we hibernate on this one before making any hasty changes?

Okay. That was pretty creative.

I'm kinda wishing I hadn't said anything now.

I felt compelled to do it in honor of RettieSetGo, the Relentless Punishment Combo champion. I'll give it a rest, for now.

I'm a dad, too, and it is in the Dad Rule Book that we must make bad puns and inflict the pain of our silly wit on our kids. Everyone else is just collateral damage . . . and it brings lots of joy to hear the groans of pain from our punning.

Teh Frixz Teh Frixz I've realized Sigrdrífa has no idea what an arena is. She would never have had any opportunity to see one, and I can't see why anyone would ever have mentioned one. I feel like asking Aeliana what an arena is is a way more interesting prompt so I've edited my last post.

A few notes on the song Zoya chose. It's an old Danish folk song called Ramund den unge (Ramund the young). Generally, people only sing a handful of verses (the linked version has 4), but it has like 30+ and some of them are utterly ridiculous. The 11th, for instance, details just how many clothes our hero has made for his journey, but that the tailor makes them too tight and he is unable to walk properly.

You can watch a (somewhat less evocative) performance of the full version here

And if your Danish is up to snuff (or you trust google translate), the lyrics are here: 1. Sange

Oh, that makes much more sense. I thought they might have to sing it in shifts if it took an hour and 41 minutes to sing the whole thing.

jaydude jaydude

It was actually mostly the grinning. Had to think of something on the fly and for some reason my mind went to the story of Davy Crockett grinning down a bear.

"We do not have arenas like the ones Aeliana refers to in Whitewall, but I have heard tell of them. While I am happy for you that you thrive in them," she says to the Evervictor, "many who go into them do not do so of their own free will. It is a place where human and animal suffering are made a spectacle for the enjoyment of the crowds. Men and women forced there by threat of violence or by poverty, animals driven by the lash of the whip or the prod of a spear - starved to make them hungry for the blood of innocents," she explains with obvious disgust. "I do not object to building something like that for a series of friendly bouts, but you should know the legacy you invoke before doing so."

#ShotsFired

Users who are viewing this thread

Back