• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Shadows of the Setting Sun (OOC)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Rather ironic for the site to resurrect on the third day.

Looks like the rollback cost us a couple of IC posts. I was in the process of posting a response when the server farm RPN's primary host is on lost power from the fire, but I still have it saved.

How would everyone like to proceed?

Looks like the rollback cost us a couple of IC posts. I was in the process of posting a response when the server farm RPN's primary host is on lost power from the fire, but I still have it saved.

Strange when they kept saying hour backups. I don't think all those were done in the span of an hour. But, oh well. Glad to have it back. Beggars can't be choosers, I guess. Or something.

Strange when they kept saying hour backups. I don't think all those were done in the span of an hour. But, oh well. Glad to have it back. Beggars can't be choosers, I guess. Or something.
I know, the communication blackout of it all was disorienting. I'm on the RPN Discord again, so anyone that wants to, feel free to reach out through Discord.

I wouldn't be surprised if there is a minor disruption later in the week to transition off of the temporary host onto a primary one when everything is straightened out.

I'm just glad to have the site back up.
Likewise.

I say go ahead and post, if you want.

My last post, which was lost in the fire, was little more than Makuro watching Sigrdrífa stretch and calling Toun a lucky man for being with her, and then asking her if she was referring to the "corruption" within the city when she described the Syndics as being "too weak to keep their tribe in order". And also claiming the second amulet for himself, unless of course somebody else wants it.

I’d love to see Zoya’s response to Toni’s little “civilization” lecture. 😁

Likewise. I'm working on my own response, though still a bit unsure about it. I generally don't take sides in these sorts of things, because the way I see it, everything has its drawbacks and merits. Plus, I don't know how much Rykon Rykon is trying to write Toun as being "correct" here.

Sorry about the delay. The server's downtime was really inconvenient as Monday was the day I was gonna take my time going over the backlog and formulating a proper resonse. Now there's that pesky working for a living that interferes with quality rp-time.

Likewise. I'm working on my own response, though still a bit unsure about it. I generally don't take sides in these sorts of things, because the way I see it, everything has its drawbacks and merits. Plus, I don't know how much Rykon Rykon is trying to write Toun as being "correct" here.
Ah, it wasn't about him being correct. I just enjoyed the opportunity to explore his perspective. I tried not to get too detailed on it as well. The character hasn't had a lot of time to observe life outside of the tribes.

Ah, it wasn't about him being correct. I just enjoyed the opportunity to explore his perspective. I tried not to get too detailed on it as well. The character hasn't had a lot of time to observe life outside of the tribes.
I mean, yeah, I agree that "civilized" folk generally don't have to be able to fight in order to survive. But they also don't necessarily have it easy in Creation. Many need to work in some form in order to put food on the table, others have to steal or turn to other crimes, and as you move up through the levels of society, you'll find more and more people who scheme against each other for things such as money, power, revenge and the like. One could probably argue that, in essence, the "civilized" world is no less dangerous than the one Toun and Sigrdrifa inhabit.

Sorry about the delay. The server's downtime was really inconvenient as Monday was the day I was gonna take my time going over the backlog and formulating a proper resonse. Now there's that pesky working for a living that interferes with quality rp-time.
How dare you! 😜

I mean, yeah, I agree that "civilized" folk generally don't have to be able to fight in order to survive. But they also don't necessarily have it easy in Creation. Many need to work in some form in order to put food on the table, others have to steal or turn to other crimes, and as you move up through the levels of society, you'll find more and more people who scheme against each other for things such as money, power, revenge and the like. One could probably argue that, in essence, the "civilized" world is no less dangerous than the one Toun and Sigrdrifa inhabit.
To me it's like comparing ancient Sparta with Athens, or Mongolia with China. At least in terms of the people each society produced.

In Athens and China, mental and social prowess were held in higher regard than places like Sparta or Mongolia that valued raw strength of arms as a simplistic example.

I wouldn't say any was better or worse than others merely that different recipes make different results. Nothing wrong with that.

For Toun, I see this as a chance for him to study this dynamic and what he might want to achieve with his own effort to change the way the world is ordered. Obviously he will hold higher respect for his own way of life. One where he earned respect and authority for power and victory in combat over scholarly achievement or adept diplomacy.

Last edited:
I’d love to see Zoya’s response to Toni’s little “civilization” lecture. 😁
She begs to differ ;)

To me it's like comparing ancient Sparta with Athens, or Mongolia with the China. At least in terms of the people each society produced.

In Athens and China, mental and social prowess were held in higher regard than places like Sparta or Mongolia that valued raw strength of arms as a simplistic example.

I wouldn't say any was better or worse than others merely that different recipes make different results. Nothing wrong with that.
It is notable when mentioning those nations, that after conquering China, the Mongols basically adopted Chineese ways, and that Sparta was largely irrelevant politically and militarily by the time Philip of Macedon came around. And that it was an Athenian who said that "the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."

Rykon Rykon
Just a very minor thing, but Makuro didn't actually speak the phrase "she's got you there", only insinuated it through his shrug. I did specifically type "as if to say".

Ah my mistake. My eyes play tricks on me at times. Sometimes horrible sometimes hilarious. I'll edit it out here in a bit.

Hey, continue the conversation, by all means. I was super interested. I just didn’t want the NPCs to seem not human. They have their own baggage and such. And Haze—despite being a mortal—seems to think you have to prove yourselves to her. She’s a woman of “action”. And she hasn’t seen any yet from you. ;)

You can stay and keep the conversation rolling. Or keep it going as you ride/walk.

Esbilon Esbilon , Epiphany Epiphany , Rykon Rykon , Sherwood Sherwood , D. Rex D. Rex , Random Word Random Word , Teh Frixz Teh Frixz , jaydude jaydude

Hey, continue the conversation, by all means. I was super interested. I just didn’t want the NPCs to seem not human. They have their own baggage and such. And Haze—despite being a mortal—seems to think you have to prove yourselves to her. She’s a woman of “action”. And she hasn’t seen any yet from you. ;)

You can stay and keep the conversation rolling. Or keep it going as you ride/walk.

It's all good. I like having NPC interactions.

You guys post quick! I love it! I’m working but I’ll get something going soon
Yeah, I tend to get fixated at times.

Esbilon Esbilon , Epiphany Epiphany , Rykon Rykon , Sherwood Sherwood , D. Rex D. Rex , Random Word Random Word , Teh Frixz Teh Frixz , jaydude jaydude
Soon. Soon they will understand that THEY are the ones that need to prove themselves to US.

There was a weird freeze in post updates that threw me off a bit. I'll give a bit to settle and see if I can make things work a little better on my end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back