• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Shadows of the Setting Sun (Main)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Toun glanced to Aaki with barely restrained murder lurking in the darkness of his pupils, "If either of you can't hold long enough for me to reconcile the death of an old friend and the genocide of my tribe for five minutes, then what I do to you will make what we found here look like a respectful burial before I leave. What part of 'this is none of your business' don't you understand?" His attention returned to the detained vessel of Aleifr leaving what would be a snow angel if not for the refrigerated sanguine gore mingling in the compacted slush. "Alright Embrace, you have a final chance to make this right. I want answers." The fox god growled. After a moment of silence he took a step forward and threw his full weight into a kick toward Embrace's stomach, impacting with a heavy wet thud. "Better talk fast! This crowd can't seem to wait!" Toun glared at Aaki then Haze to punctuate his demand. "I know you're so proud of your death now, but don't forget to breathe."

[Not a lot invested in presence sadly, so full Charima+Strength excellency behind the demand for 9m. 16 dice total. 1wp also for a free success. 11 successes.]

It was kind of silly how Embrace of the Blackened Soul was so offended by the name Aleifr. So ridiculous that a name should matter that much. Yet the words out of the woman's mouth made Afureru's hide prickle as much as it did Embrace when her living name was uttered. More so even, that the two words drove themselves into her brain like a spike.

The dawn didn't even recognize that the haft of her halberd had slipped from her hand. Her ears rang like bells with ever heartbeat, silencing everything for the moment save for echoes of those two words by many voices. Her vision was awash not with memories of static or blackness, but thick clouds of deathly viridian miasma and flashes of serrated daggers. Faces of--

"That is not my name!" She shouted angrily at Embrace of the Blackened Soul. Though Afureru may have interrupted her own uncomfortable memories, there was a distinct constriction in her chest from a sudden boit of crushing anxiety, as well a strong inclination to know why her mind was failing her so badly right now. The look of recognition on the woman's face was unmistakable. She knew. She knew things. Afureru didn't know what, but her gut was telling her that she could not allow the information to return to the masters of the shadowland. It also told her that it was inevitable.

Afureru kicked up her halberd and drug it over to where Tuon and Sigfrida were manhandling the captive. She hated to think about hearing that name again but she wanted, needed, to hear more. If Tuon did not make his point already about convincing her to talk. She was ready and willing to really drive home a reason to fear.

To say that Hyrrel was dumbfounded was untrue, as it suggested that he was not aware that his company had in its presence a handful of mad titans. Anxious, yes, but not dumbfounded. This was only slightly more concerning than the norm.

Seargent Hyrrel never considered himself the brightest of men, but he was seasoned enough with this madness to know that one rationalize the way the mortal mind might. You sort of had to just embrace it and hope for the best, like hanging on to an enraged yeddim so it doesn't squash you. Maybe if you were lucky you could do some damage control.

"Nermal! Set your jaw right and get the Grand Ones!" He shouted at a scrawny young man with a mouth open wide enough to gather flies, who didn't look like he even should be part of an army of this... repute. Normal set off at breakneck speed to do just that. Perhaps in hopes that he wouldn't get to be picked to join in the fighting.

"Lady Evervictor, Aeliana! A fine arena it is! The grandest! But would we not be doing it a disservice? We can not very well start a show with so little audience. Amphitheatrum Victoriam Perpetuum deserves its stands to be full to bursting. And without a hyped crowd singing for blood, how would we draw out the spirit of glory in the Arena?"

Hyrrel didn't exactly have a plan other than stall in hoping the wiser heads would calm Aeliana down. He loved a good and bloody show as much as anybody, but they were in enemy territory and the Commander might rightly have their heads if they broke formation now.

"And look yonder, Lady Evervictor!" He said pointing at the golden beacon of light boiling over the other side of the army. "The Commander's bloodlust is on display. You know how she gets. She would be very disappointed if she missed seeing even a single drop of blood spilled. And Lady Sigfrida would want that she be the first into the ring. And with Lord Tuon being the Champion of the last bout in his conquest of the Lady Sigfrida, it would do his victory a dishonor if he were not here to see to this fights opening."

Teh Frixz Teh Frixz

Last edited:
Aeliana, The Evervictor

Light plays off the copper colored rooftops, a dazzling corona of light that was just…perfect. If the others were displaying such a spectacle that it was visible from here, the parade to the arena must be absolutely stunning. She stood, transfixed, for just a moment. Watching the non existent colors of her approaching Circle. It was difficult to break her eyes away but when she did, she realized the correctness of the mortal.

What was just a packed arena melted away to a pittance of observers. It was a disgrace! A new, grand arena such as this with so few actually in attendance? Pathetic.

“Your words are true and your observations astute! We cannot allow a proper Show to begin as of yet, not with the Arena this empty.” She glances back to the procession heading their way then down to the men she’d just set against each other to engage in mortal combat.

“Can these men sing Hyrrel? I’ll accompany them as they sing of their homes, their lives before truth takes hold. It will be a perfect introduction for the Circle to enter.”

She throws the spear down between the men, following suit and leaping down to face them each, sizing them up.

“Start singing for me. We must give the audience a show.” Her words laced with the harsh edge of implied ultraviolence, grinning at nothing while starting to limber up. Hopefully there would be some beasts to release alongside the men consigned to battle. Now that would be a show.

Sergeant Hyrrel let out a held breath as he seemed to be successfully wranging the Evervictors "enthusiasm" without getting the sharp point of point of steel. Good. That was a good start.

"Of course they can sing! And a grand idea. Even if it does not fill the seats right away it will make for great practice in the Arena for when they have have a crowd to please!" He said, trying to plant the seed in her head as if it were her suggestion. Just in case she decided to start killing early because they didn't draw crowds fast enough.

"These two happen to be the best singers in the army, aren't you boys? They are just a bit shy. Isn't that right?" He gave a form glare at the two men, who were exchanging nervous and shocked glances.

"Isn't it?"

The spear that was thrown landing in between them broke them out of their stupor for fear of the consequences. "Yes, yes of course!" One of them croaked. "Never the better singers had been seen!" Said the other hurriedly.

The two shared another look. Its general wisdom that one should never judge a book by its cover... but this wasn't one of those cases. The taller and leaner of the men, Jaster, was a frog-faced dark skinned southern man with a mane that looked like he cut his own hair with a pair of dull sheers. The other was a squat amd wide toad faced man, Horce, fair of skin of the native North, short enough that his stocky physique looked ridiculous. Well, the toad faced man had a voice like a frog, and the frog faced man croaked like a toad. And neither was particularly confident that they weren't about to be immediately beheaded by even trying to sing. What the heck did they know about singing when sober?

Though Aeliana's spurring was enough to get them started.

Horce was the one that started them off, "Oooohhhhh!" He sang, drawing out a long note to give himself time to thing of something to say.

"I hail from river whose banks were mud, and on it was a shack or two..." Horce began, his words failing him as he tried to think of a way to continue that rhymed.

Thankfully Jaster cut in to continue, trying to carry the same tune. Unsuccessfully but trying just the same. "...and on its pier a was a woman dear, of who I tried to woo." Falling into the same problem as his compatriot, he looked over at Horce for help.

Horce quickly jumped in, "But my wife found out and took a.... trout? And said that I would soon be dead!"

Horce looked quite proud of his improv skills, but Jaster was quite sure that it was one of the stupid things he had heard before. Not that he had anything better. Trout did rhyme with out, after all.

"But I ducked a weaved for she aimed for my head, I knew I couldn't let her harm me!" Jaster added.

"I said ciao and left that cow, and that's how I joined this army!" Horce finished raising his hands out in a way too proud flourish to indicate he finished his "song".

There was a long pause, and Hyrrels glare told both them that they were not done.

They both swallowed, and it was Jaster that started things off this time. "Ooooohhhhh!"

And so the pair would continue. Bobbing up and down to try and keep rhythm as they tried to make up songs back and forth. This really wasn't something they should be doing without being fully lit up by hard spirits. Singing was hard.

Teh Frixz Teh Frixz

Having thought they had both—separately—kept their voices low enough so only Tyree and Makuro could hear them, respectively, Haze and Aaki freeze in their tracks. Aaki, feeling a mixture of embarrassment, idiocy, and fear blanches upon being called out. He stays well behind Makuro, not wanting to push his luck or add difficulty to the situation.

Haze only seethes. Her anger and hatred are plain. She grits her teeth and grips her dagger tighter. For a long moment, you can see on her face she considers taking the risk of losing her life to end this abomination's existence. Hearing your words, Toun, she drops her arms to her sides and looks away, trying to regain some composure out of respect and fear.

Embrace of the Blackened Soul growls and struggles in vain against Sigrdrifa's hold. Despair washes over her face as the internal battle rages, a fight her Abyssal nature is winning.

Your command and threats, however, shatter her resolve. Any fight she has left at the moment has dissolved. Sigrdrifa, your physical dominance coupled with your presence and your words, Toun, are an unstoppable force. And in the end, she does choose her words carefully.

"The one you named," the Abyssal says through clenched teeth, "I won't speak of. They are my Patron. My Master. To say Their name is to invoke Them. They are tied to each and every one of you Beastfuckers and Forsaken Unclean Sun fucktwits. They are the answer to both your questions, my beloved Toun. Is that what you wanted to hear? Are those the answers you so desperately need? Kill me. It doesn't matter. I came here out of what the three of us once had. Respect. Honor. But, I was forfeit as soon as I stepped from that Shadowland. You're doing me a favor."

Esbilon Esbilon Rykon Rykon Sherwood Sherwood D. Rex D. Rex Random Word Random Word jaydude jaydude

Last edited:
The fox god gave a bright fanged grin caught in the light filtering through the dead foliage overhead. "Hmm... No. I think the best way to spite your boss is to take you back from him. Assuming you can mend fences with Sigi that is. That said, yes, knowing a woman I care for, and one of my last surviving friends from my life before, was not the mastermind that I need to slaughter is far beyond a relief. Even if you felt forced to do their bidding." Toun cast a glance upward at the circle at large as well as their extended entourage. "There's also the matter of the murderous instinct you bring out of others. Were it not threatening to become an obstacle to my ultimate objective here I might find it entertaining. Alas, we'd have to either find a way to make peace or break off entirely. It'd be rude to leave Zoya, Makuro, and the Syndics holding the bag when they've done nothing wrong though."

Wood creaked under his weight when Toun took a seat on a rotten, fallen log. He leaned closer to speak. "Also... Beastfucker? If you really think that little of yourself I can see why you'd ask to die, beloved Embrace." He taunted her again with a more relaxed expression, raising a hand to her chin. "Sigi, what do you think? After what you and Zoya claimed that corruption plague did to that tribe... Are you willing to let that potentially happen again with this much of a grip on her? I'm not inclined to. If she can lead us to the source we can kick its carcass to the wayside and be done with this mess."

For her part, Tyree is in the middle of a glowering pout. She looks over at the Exalt from the Underworld with a poisonous glare, then drops her gaze to an idle rock that she kicks away from her as she stomps away from the main group. Right now, she is feeling pretty upset, and is almost wishing that there was some monster or other Exalt that would be dumb enough to cross her.

She looks around and finally plunks herself down on a larger rock, cradling her spear in her hands. Damnit, that woman is dangerous! Why can't they see that? Yes, she may have the face of someone that they once knew, but now, she is a monster, and every fiber of my being is screaming for me to kill that abomination. Tyree looks over her shoulder at the group of Exalts and people around Embrace and snorts. Shit. If she is going to be staying with us over my objections, I'm going to be spending a lot of time watching her every move. She puts one toenail out of line and I'll bury Zelator's shiny tip deep into her black heart.

Tyree has a sudden urge to go perform a Sacred Hunt. She looks around, wondering what animals might be in the area to add to her shape library.

Sigrdrífa's grip relaxes slightly and the cold feeling welling up inside her begins to subside as Embrace makes her request to die. Suddenly her behaviour is so much easier to rationalize. Stupid, but understandable. She looks at Toun, puzzled, "Can dead people catch plagues? Maybe... Zoya can fix it. Or... do that white fire thing," she makes an expression of distaste.

She looks back down at Embrace. "Idiot," she mutters, "If you wanted us to send you on, why didn't you just say so instead of being so stupid about it? Whatever. Do you have a soul plague?"

With the circle's internal struggles over for the moment, Zoya approaches Sigrdrifa and the captured Deathknight carefully, but without hesitation. At the moment, she trusts the tribesfolk to handle the situation without her interference, but she remains alert to anything that might change that state of affairs.

The slight change in your pressure, Sigrdrifa, allows Embrace to take a relaxed breath. She closes her eyes, centers herself, and then fixes her gaze on you.

“I don’t want to die,” she admits. “But if I have to, you should be the one to do it. Or Toun. I came up here…for you, Sigrdrifa. I don’t know why. I should have tried to ambush you all. Gutted everyone I could. Fallen back. Tried again. Instead…this.” She’s silent for a long moment.

”I came here for you,” she repeats.

Tyree, you stalk off into the wild, looking for quarry. Despite the proximity of the shadowland, you find many animals roaming the frosted plain.

[OOC: I assume you’re after the sabertooth I mentioned. Give me a perception + survival roll, difficulty 3 to find your prey.]

Tyree moves silently through the trees, feeling the excitement of the hunt building up inside of her. It is not often that her quarry finds itself being the hunted, but tonight, there will be blood spilt by the Lunar, with each step a new prayer in the Sacred Hunt to her blessed Goddess, Luna. Pausing for a moment to check the surroundings for signs of tracks, she spots a trace of a trail. With a smile, Tyree moves forward on the nearly invisible path, moving with confidence.

4 successes

Tyree, with your skill, cunning, and experience, you have no trouble tracking down a sabertooth tiger. At first, you find the smallest hints: a snagged couple of hairs here, a partial print there. But, as you move through the plain and draw down into a nearby ravine, you find tracks and well-used trail the sabertooth has been using. At last, after tracking back up through the ravine and into some woods, you find your quarry.

A male sabertooth tiger is laying on a boulder past the forest edge, bathing in the waning evening sun. He's beautiful. His orange and white fur are well-groomed. And his teeth are the perfect size and shape in proportion to his head. He opens his massive maw to yawn as he stares off into the distance to your left.

He hasn't seen you yet.

Toun reaches down to lift Sigrdrifa and Aleifr to their feet despite the hold and pulls them close. "What's done is done and over now. What matters is if you're going to continue on the path of death or chose to fight it." He took a solemn, sobering pause to consider the situation as the warmth from the living clashed from the cold of death. "You two are the only ones, my only friends, left from my life before. If you truly want your suffering to be over I will respect it but not on that wretched maggot of a master's terms."

Makuro let out a breath as he watched the moment unfold. Then he called out to Toun.

"I don't entirely know the history between the two of you. And for what it's worth, I'm willing to give her a chance if you are." he said. "Still, that doesn't mean I'm going to just blindly trust her. Do you consider that fair?"

Essence: 1
Personal Essence: 13/16
Peripheral Essence: 27/38

Committed Essence: 5 (Hundred Rings)

Willpower: 6
Join Battle: 7
Health Levels:
-0: [_]
-1: [_], [_]
-2: [_], [_], [_], [_], [_], [_]
-4: [_], [_], [_]
Resolve 4, Guile 4

Attacks
Hundred Rings (13 Withering, 10 Decisive, 14 Damage, Overwhelming 4)
Unarmed (14 Withering, 10 Decisive, 9 Damage, Overwhelming 1)

Actions
Rush: 7 dice
Disengage: 10 dice

Evasion 5, Parry 6
Soak/Hardness: 6/0 (Buff Jacket, +3 Soak)

Toun nodded. "That much patience is more than generous friend. That's all I can ask."

Toun nodded. "That much patience is more than generous friend. That's all I can ask."

The Changing Moon replied with a nod of his own, and approached the other man so that he could speak without having to raise his voice.

"I'll try and talk to Tyree. As a fellow Lunar, I believe we owe her that much." he said, remembering the woman's previous attitude towards Embrace. He then glanced towards the Abyssal. "But as a group, where do we go from here? Your friend claims that the ghosts of this Shadowland are preparing for war, as are some very powerful beings from the Underworld, and my instinct is to try and confirm such things with my own eyes. Not to mention the little matter of that plague from earlier..."

( Esbilon Esbilon )
He looked over at Zoya, wondering if she'd care to give her thoughts on the subject.

Health Levels:
Resolve 4, Guile 4

Attacks

Actions

Evasion 5, Parry 6

Aeliana, The Evervictor

As the first notes of the duos ballad drifted over to Aeliana’s ear on currents of the cold Arctic air, she was at first pleased at their seemingly eager cooperation. Music was part of who she was. Her entrances into the arena often marked with vivid displays of song and dance. Aeliana in costume and performing before thousands before entering pitched combat. It was a thing of legend. There were reasons why people of all nations flocked to her cult. The benefits were numerous despite Aeliana’s insistence that eventually all members would have their day in the martial truth of the Arena.

But as the song slipped from tales of home and into comedic dirge, Aeliana erupted in what was likely their first display of a Solars deranged anger.

“THAT IS YOUR SONG?! YOUR BALLAD ON THE VERY EVE OF ABSOLUTE DESTRUCTION AND YOU CHOOSE TO SING A SONG OF PALTRY HUMOR?”

Aeliana screams in anger, flaring her anima skyward as she advanced on the duo. Stopping just inches away.

“WE MUST DO BETTER. IMAGINE YOUR DEATH AND WHAT IT SHALL BE, YOU WISH TO BE REMEMBERED AS THE DIRT OF THIS ARENA?”

Aeliana throws her hands skyward in frustration, turning on her heel and stamping off a few paces. The arena was crumbling around her, the show failing and the two caterwauling mortals were mocking her with such a wasteful and disrespectful tune. She grabs at her hair, walking in a small circle.

“They are ruining it all. They don’t understand it. They don’t deserve it. Have they even felt the power of Sol? Have they no understanding by what means lay their salvation? They must not know, they couldn’t. But how could they not? They’ve seen me, they’ve seen Zoya. They know of resplendent glory and they still disrespect the FABRIC of what it stands for. What if I’m to blame? Did I cause this reaction? Is this the missed step I was warned of? The reaction of falling stone that leaves me without glory or destiny or comfort? I won’t go back. I’d rather DIE and DIE AND DIE THAN BE FORGOTTEN AND TRODDEN UPON AGAIN! MY ERRANDS ARE NOT IN VAIN I WAS NOT WRONG!”

She roars again, wheeling back on the pair. Standing silent as she pumps motes of essence through her body, fuming in place.

“Tell me I’ll win. That I can lead my cult to conquer and settle these lands. I must hear it from someone besides the mocking sound of an empty Arena”

The crowds had vanished, the decrepit remains of the once glorious arena stood in silence, judging her meltdown with contempt not felt since she told her Cult leader she wished to spread the word of the Evervictor north.

Tyree, with your skill, cunning, and experience, you have no trouble tracking down a sabertooth tiger. At first, you find the smallest hints: a snagged couple of hairs here, a partial print there. But, as you move through the plain and draw down into a nearby ravine, you find tracks and well-used trail the sabertooth has been using. At last, after tracking back up through the ravine and into some woods, you find your quarry.

A male sabertooth tiger is laying on a boulder past the forest edge, bathing in the waning evening sun. He's beautiful. His orange and white fur are well-groomed. And his teeth are the perfect size and shape in proportion to his head. He opens his massive maw to yawn as he stares off into the distance to your left.

He hasn't seen you yet.
She spends a few moments just admiring the beauty of the animal, soaking it in, watching how he moves, learning every tuft of hair. When the time is right, Tyree stalks closer, knowing that her prey is not going to be expecting to be the target of a hunt, not when it is one of the top hunters. Normal, sensible animals will go far out of their way to avoid him, all the while Tyree is moving in closer.

When she is as close as she thinks she can get without being spotted, the Lunar leaps forward, spear raised and at the ready. She will savor his heartsblood and save his essence in her for the rest of her long life.

Afureru held up a hand in a gesture telling them to wait. "Hold up. Tuon. Sig. I caved in to not killing her. Fine. And I would go as far to say that I agree that taking her with us can have its advantages. But that is as a prisoner, not as a friend."

The dawn looked over abyssal with an ever hardening frown, "It wasn't but seconds ago that her intentions were made clear. And her views of us laid out in the sun. Even if you share a past, it would be pretty stupid to just ignore it. She could just as easily be playing those feelings like a harp to get you to let your guard down."

"While I'm sure that both of you know this. I would at least feel more comfortable doing something about it. Strip her down and bind her. Trust can come later, if at all. "

Afureru held up a hand in a gesture telling them to wait. "Hold up. Tuon. Sig. I caved in to not killing her. Fine. And I would go as far to say that I agree that taking her with us can have its advantages. But that is as a prisoner, not as a friend."

The dawn looked over abyssal with an ever hardening frown, "It wasn't but seconds ago that her intentions were made clear. And her views of us laid out in the sun. Even if you share a past, it would be pretty stupid to just ignore it. She could just as easily be playing those feelings like a harp to get you to let your guard down."

"While I'm sure that both of you know this. I would at least feel more comfortable doing something about it. Strip her down and bind her. Trust can come later, if at all. "

Makuro looked at Toun and Sigrdrífa. "She does have a point about disarming and restraining a potentially dangerous individual." he said. "Still, if she really is an Exalt, there's probably only so much we can do in that regard."

Health Levels:
Resolve 4, Guile 4

Attacks

Actions

Evasion 5, Parry 6

Aeliana, The Evervictor

As the first notes of the duos ballad drifted over to Aeliana’s ear on currents of the cold Arctic air, she was at first pleased at their seemingly eager cooperation. Music was part of who she was. Her entrances into the arena often marked with vivid displays of song and dance. Aeliana in costume and performing before thousands before entering pitched combat. It was a thing of legend. There were reasons why people of all nations flocked to her cult. The benefits were numerous despite Aeliana’s insistence that eventually all members would have their day in the martial truth of the Arena.

But as the song slipped from tales of home and into comedic dirge, Aeliana erupted in what was likely their first display of a Solars deranged anger.

“THAT IS YOUR SONG?! YOUR BALLAD ON THE VERY EVE OF ABSOLUTE DESTRUCTION AND YOU CHOOSE TO SING A SONG OF PALTRY HUMOR?”

Aeliana screams in anger, flaring her anima skyward as she advanced on the duo. Stopping just inches away.

“WE MUST DO BETTER. IMAGINE YOUR DEATH AND WHAT IT SHALL BE, YOU WISH TO BE REMEMBERED AS THE DIRT OF THIS ARENA?”

Aeliana throws her hands skyward in frustration, turning on her heel and stamping off a few paces. The arena was crumbling around her, the show failing and the two caterwauling mortals were mocking her with such a wasteful and disrespectful tune. She grabs at her hair, walking in a small circle.

“They are ruining it all. They don’t understand it. They don’t deserve it. Have they even felt the power of Sol? Have they no understanding by what means lay their salvation? They must not know, they couldn’t. But how could they not? They’ve seen me, they’ve seen Zoya. They know of resplendent glory and they still disrespect the FABRIC of what it stands for. What if I’m to blame? Did I cause this reaction? Is this the missed step I was warned of? The reaction of falling stone that leaves me without glory or destiny or comfort? I won’t go back. I’d rather DIE and DIE AND DIE THAN BE FORGOTTEN AND TRODDEN UPON AGAIN! MY ERRANDS ARE NOT IN VAIN I WAS NOT WRONG!”

She roars again, wheeling back on the pair. Standing silent as she pumps motes of essence through her body, fuming in place.

“Tell me I’ll win. That I can lead my cult to conquer and settle these lands. I must hear it from someone besides the mocking sound of an empty Arena”

The crowds had vanished, the decrepit remains of the once glorious arena stood in silence, judging her meltdown with contempt not felt since she told her Cult leader she wished to spread the word of the Evervictor north.

The two singing men, Jaster and Horce, who were finally starting to find their stride. Getting more into their singing with perhaps more gusto than should, went dead silent as the exalts fury began to boil over. The blood drained from their faces and they fell on their knees as the Evervictors anima began to swirl around her dangerously.

"Please great Evervictor, we don't be mocking, honest!" Said the squat man. The other shaking his head fervently, causing his wild hair to swing about liek a dust mop. "We imbeciles mum! We don't mean to be ruining nothing!" Clearly both rather afraid for their lives. More so now than they were before they were pitted to kill each other. "We'll do better. We promise!" They cried together.

Hyrrel however sighed. Such was madness. But nobody died yet, so that was a win. But yet again he saw he needed to step in. Very gently. As if putting his hand on an angry viper. He approached Aeliana and put his hand on her shoulder.

As he did, Jaster drew. His sword and held it out in both hands for Aeliana to inspect, "Look miss! I polished it, see? I made it nice and shiny. Many of the men do. We do it in hopes that your brilliance will reflect off our steel and lead us to victory."

Horce didn't have a sword, instead he withdrew his two flame pieces, he didn't want to be shown up by Jaster. "I be no artist, ma'am, I etched you on each, see? You win! We do this so we can win too!" And sure enough, there was a crude carving on its wooden handle depicting a stick figure holding a sword with little stick figures laying dead around it.

"Greatest Evervictor." Hyrrel spoke up,, "Please do not be so hard them. Please do not be so hard on yourself. You say we are like dirt, and you are not wrong."

"To put this in a way you might understand. We are the slaves and prisoners sent out before the real fights start to be eaten by the lions. Many of us dont know anything about true glory or honor. We are misfits. Failures. The scum and outcasts. Mercenaries, highwaymen, brigands, murders, thieves. With the most noble among us being meer farmhamds and stable boys. We filthy, uncultured, dishonorable, and unworthy. The Commander brought us together. She gave us all an undeserved second chance to do some good with our lives. To put our dubious talents to a good use for a change. We don't know anything about glory or honor because up until recently we had only fought for own selves."

"But when you joined us, Evervictor, you lit a fire under us. To many of us, your words and actions became an inspiration. The light that you shown off was what we needed. We were but lost men, and the Sun has been illuminating our path. They look up to you, ever victorious and ever proud, a beacon of what we want to aspire to be. Forgive us, for we fail. A lot. We are but learning. And we need you more than ever to be that example so that we can be the mortal instruments of the gods. We be but dirt now, but you inspire us to be more. To become stone and then gold."

Hyrrel shot the groveling pair a look, "As for the songs. Well miss, we are soldiers. Crude and ugly. You won't find a single one of us who came from the disciplined Legion. We do not fear death because you are with us. No. We laugh in the face of it. Our hearts sing of the joys of life, and we all wish to be remembered for our common goal. To protect Creation and kill all who threaten it. An each of us who die, why sing laments when we should sing their praises? We are an Army of the Sun, Lady Evervictor, we would be doing you wrong if we let our hearts be covered in shade. You and the others have helped us see this."

"You're victory is never in question." He concluded,"It is not a matter of if but when. Your name alone is testament to that. And woe be it to any who doubt you."

Teh Frixz Teh Frixz

Tyree, the heart’s blood is warm and its coppery salt taste fills your mouth and belly. It rolls down you chin and stains your hands. You feel its power surging within you. You feel the now-familiar shape of this sabertooth in your bones, muscles, and mind. Your bodies are now one.

You have communed with the beast and it has bestowed its gift. Its secrets.

Having consumed what you came for, what do you do next?
Sherwood Sherwood

Back at the road with the rest of the circle, Embrace, still within Sigrdrífa’s hold, grits her teeth. She is torn between two worlds. Motivated by love, friendship, fear. And hatred.

“I…” Embrace tries to form the words. “I can’t… I can’t…” She stops and tries a different way to explain. “I want to stay with you. I don’t want to fight you. But, I know They will not let me go. If I stay with you I will end up hurting you. Or those around you. I want two things. My mind is a storm. Churning chaos. I can’t sort it out. I only have so much will in this. What I want is not the whole story.”

She stops and looks at all of you, Toun, Sigrdrífa, Makuro, and Afureru. Then, she gives you a deep look, Zoya. “Help me. Please.”

[OOC: Is she telling the truth? Is it an act? Reading her intentions is difficulty 3.]

Esbilon Esbilon Rykon Rykon D. Rex D. Rex Random Word Random Word jaydude jaydude

Makuro would observe Embrace carefully as she spoke, looking for kernels of honesty in her tone and body language. At the same time, he used his own skills as an accomplished liar to try and identify the key signs of another.

[Rolling Perception + Socialize (5 base dice), and claiming one-point stunt to offset my -2 penalty. Also going to spend 4m Peripheral Essence on my Perception Excellency, adding my Manipulation rating to boost my dice limit via the stunt.

4 successes. As good an investment of Essence as any, I feel.]

Peripheral Essence: 23/38

Health Levels:
Resolve 4, Guile 4

Attacks

Actions

Evasion 5, Parry 6

Tyree, the heart’s blood is warm and its coppery salt taste fills your mouth and belly. It rolls down you chin and stains your hands. You feel its power surging within you. You feel the now-familiar shape of this sabertooth in your bones, muscles, and mind. Your bodies are now one.

You have communed with the beast and it has bestowed its gift. Its secrets.

Having consumed what you came for, what do you do next?
Now that she has fulfilled her Sacred Hunt, Tyree is feeling much calmer, and is ready to return to the other Exalts to face the darkness that has taken over the one person that was once a friend to some of her companions. Shaking her head, she tries to put that thought out of her mind to keep from getting angry once more and ruining the peace she has found after her hunt.

Running across the countryside in her new form, Tyree shifts back to human before advancing upon the camp. No need to startle everyone with the sudden appearance of a sabertooth.

She walks up and finds a place to sit, then asks of the group, "So, what has been decided about Embrace? Is she a prisoner, ally, sent away, or has she been killed?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back