What's new
  • This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

    Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Shadows of the Setting Sun (Main)

Dice System
Exalted 3e
OOC
Here
Characters
Here

jaydude

Three Thousand Club
Makuro gave a little smile, glad to see that calm and sanity had been reestablished here. "I am Makuro Tehraihn, one of Luna's Chosen." he said. "This is Zoya of Whitewall, one of the Sun's Princesses, as you describe them. And this is Tyree, another of Lunar's Chosen."

Once he had done the introductions, he decided to take another look at the camp, to see if there were any details he'd missed from the sky.

[Rolling Perception + Awareness. Six successes, and my supply of good luck used up for the next few days.]
 

WlfSamurai

Maelstrom Engineer
Makuro, even from this distance, you're keen eye can see what this plague is truly doing. It easy to see the coughing and wheezing among the sick. But, there are those who are bandaged or wrapped up. In between the wrappings, you can see blackened, bulbous, or bloated skin. There are many who can't move at all on their own.

"I am Ranna of the White Elk tribe," the scarred woman says staying on her knees with her head bowed. "This is what's left of us, I think. We're not sure. We can't go any further with our sick and dying. And we assume we all, at this point, have whatever curse this is." She looks up at all of you still by the tribe. "Why . . . Why are you all here? Why have you come?"

Toun, movement catches your eye. You look over and see the shape of the un-materialized river god moving like a bullet through the water toward the bridge.
 

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
Makuro, even from this distance, you're keen eye can see what this plague is truly doing. It easy to see the coughing and wheezing among the sick. But, there are those who are bandaged or wrapped up. In between the wrappings, you can see blackened, bulbous, or bloated skin. There are many who can't move at all on their own.

"I am Ranna of the White Elk tribe," the scarred woman says staying on her knees with her head bowed. "This is what's left of us, I think. We're not sure. We can't go any further with our sick and dying. And we assume we all, at this point, have whatever curse this is." She looks up at all of you still by the tribe. "Why . . . Why are you all here? Why have you come?"

Toun, movement catches your eye. You look over and see the shape of the un-materialized river god moving like a bullet through the water toward the bridge.
Tyree looks at Ranna and says, "Well, our first goal was to see what can be done about the growing threat from the shadowland, but this is also important. Can you tell me where you got sick, and how? Was it a plague that hit your people? Or is it a curse of some sort, from an angry god?"
 

Rykon

Four Thousand Club
Toun, movement catches your eye. You look over and see the shape of the un-materialized river god moving like a bullet through the water toward the bridge.
There was no time to question the motives of an already troublesome and vicious diety in a sudden rush towards the bridge. Toun dropped what he was doing that instant, bolting to the bridge while shifting into his war form. His shape blurred as vulpine features manifested and began to overtake his human ones. He still stood as tall as he always was, yet at this moment he was clad in a dense white coat of fur, bounding on all fours with a gleaming silver daiklave gripped in his teeth and his tail riding the wind behind him.
 

WlfSamurai

Maelstrom Engineer
Ranna stands and takes a deep breath. “No. I call us cursed, but we weren’t cursed. I don’t know what this is other than a plague. One that we don’t know how to treat. We were . . . raiding another tribe. But . . . they weren’t people. They were plague-walkers. It was almost like it was a setup. Made to look like a tribe moving across the plains. We attacked them and then it was chaos.” She clenches her fists.

“We lost a lot of people right then. These things ripped and tore apart our warriors. When we figured out what was going on we ran. As hard and as fast as we could. Made it back to the tribe. Grabbed everyone we could. They were right on our heels. When we made it to the trees, they scattered us. This little group held together for days until we made it to the bridge and decided to make a stand. Too many were sick and couldn’t go on.” She looks to the bridge. “We fought them there. And then the river itself swept them and many of our people away. We tried to get back across, but the river wouldn’t let us. It didn’t matter at that point anyway. Too many we too sick. Dying, really.”

She looks back to you all. “It only takes one person bit or scratched by those things to catch this. And then it spreads like wildfire. I’ve never seen anything like it. Worse yet, they bloat and explode if you ‘kill’ them. They’re walking nightmares.”


water_goddess_by_kaizoku_hime_d8wzvpt-fullview.jpgJust then, the river spirit explodes out of the water, materializing as it does. It lands on the bridge in a shower of rain. This small god takes the shape of a young woman with yellow eyes. She has a mocking smile and water pouring from her mouth. Her hair flows down and around her like thousands of rivers. The water forms into the shape of a loose kimono with the sleeves almost touching the ground and the bottom spreading out like a new puddle.

But there is something wrong. Looking deep enough, you can see the shape of a black, inky substance in one half of her translucent body. Like a corruption of half her form. That side of her body sags and looses shape, having to reform every few moments.

The river goddess cocks her head so far it looks unnatural. She stands silent, her mocking smile unmoving. Then her mouth moves up and down in a static way, not fitting the words that she speaks. “Who dares defile my river!? Who brings this contagion to me and curses me to the end of my days!?”

Toun, you’re there on the bridge and she is seemingly looking through you. Like she doesn’t perceive you.
 
Last edited:

Random Word

Two Thousand Club
"I'm not saying it's your strongest form, but a Totem is more than just a strong warrior. If you're a Totem, you're a symbol now. All I'm saying is -" Sigrdrífa is distracted by the great splash as Aeliana hurls her rock into the river. "Don't extend your cult to the south. Apparently they pelt their Spirits with rocks. What was I - right, all I'm saying is it sends a message when you don't stride into battle as a fox - Yes! Like that, exactly! Where are you - Oh."

Sigrdrífa tosses the last of the bodies on the pyre and solemnly intones, "White Elk take these souls into your care," then lights the fire and quietly mutters, "And maybe take that River Spirit, too, since it seems so intent on dying." She tends to the fire absently while she watches events unfold on the bridge and listens to the sounds of the forest for any sign of these 'plague walkers'.
 

Esbilon

Seven Thousand Club
Zoya's face is overcome with emotion. Compassion for these poor people, even if their misery came as a result of them attacking those they thought weaker than themselves, but more with worry about these 'plauge-walkers'. "Where did you encounter them? And do you know if any of them manage to flee the river's wrath?"
 

Rykon

Four Thousand Club
This wasn't the first time a god claimed to be under a curse to the ascended Icewalker. His gaze locked on the whirling ink and the constant reforming shape. Toun stood back up on two legs and took his daiklave in hand with a firm grip and a low stance. As he examined the contaminant filter through her aqueous form his mind began to overlay the memory of the late Whitefang. Though gods didn't quite bleed the same as a man, Toun remembered the strike that ended his predecessor's suffering. That part of him seemed distorted, wrong and even that which bled from him reflected it.

There wasn't much time to weigh the evidence between what he saw now and what recollection presented. Were he sure this was the same toxin, he began to focus for an impending cut. A brutal yet surgical attempt to destroy only what blight poisoned this goddess.

[stunting the perception roll to add Perception + Wits for 8m. Total pool is 13. Toun will also take an aim action as he examines the deity. 6 successes]
 

Teh Frixz

That lady robot
Aeliana, The Evervictor

From her perch up on the implanted bridge, Aeliana watched from above as The others went about their business. The southerner sitting down and kicking her legs over the edge.

She’d only turned her head for a second to watch the plagued mortals meander this way and that, ebbing and flowing in fear and uncertainty over the odds of survival in running off into the wild versus staying near their entourage. But a second was seemingly all it took for the river being to swim on up and take form.

Digging her fingers into the bark of the tree, Aeliana slipped over the edge and let her body fall to the ground below, grip stripping a long bit of wood from the former bridge before finally snapping off and depositing Aeliana neatly on the ground below.

Dusting herself off and bowing at nobody in particular, Aeliana proceeds to walk on up towards the God and the assembled group.
 

WlfSamurai

Maelstrom Engineer
Toun, you "see" beyond what you should, into some deeper "self" that doesn't fit you. You aren't shown what you need to be sure, but you feel it in your gut. And then you hear one last whispered word in your mind from something even farther beyond this other self, but still connected to your Essence: "Contagion . . ."

The goddess on the bridge shifts forward, as if taking a step. She growls low and pained, water still pouring from her smirking mouth and head cocked. The inky black inside swirls once and the goddess' form bloats and expands. She now stands two men tall. Her features and shape are less defined like she's merging into a larger mass. The water from her mouth turns black. Her voice is strained and low. "De—file! De—file!"

Back on the river bank, Ranna ignores Zoya's question and points at the goddess on the bridge. "What is THAT!?"

(Edit: posted before I was finished! Oops!)
 

Rykon

Four Thousand Club
The connection, the whisper, and escalating corruption was more than he needed to act even were it not for the war form's relentless drive to fight. With a silvery flash, he draws his daiklave to strike at the bloating goddess. Better to ease her suffering sooner rather than later.

[I guess I'm rolling Join Battle. Starting Initiative is 9.]
 

jaydude

Three Thousand Club
Makuro had been keeping his distance from the plague victims upon seeing their condition. At the sight of the river's goddess emerging from the bridge, he too turned and looked at it.

"At a guess, I'd say we're seeing the source of the river's anger. Or rather, the *part* of it that's angry." he said.

He then looked at Zoya and Tyree. "You two seem to have matters here well enough in hand. I'm going to see if Toun needs any help." he said, before transforming into his owl form and flying towards the male Full Moon and the spirit. In truth, he largely just wanted an excuse to get away from the plague victims, and he'd rather not travel through their camp to get onto the bridge.

Rolling Join Battle, to assist Toun in handling the spirit as needed. 7 Base dice, plus 2 from stunt. 5 successes, giving me 8 starting initiative.
Essence: 1
Personal Essence: 16/16
Peripheral Essence: 29/38

Committed Essence: 9 (Hundred Rings + Shapeshifting)

Willpower: 6
Join Battle: 7
Health Levels: -0, -1, -1, -2, -2, -2, -2, -2, -2, -4, -4, -4, Inc.
Resolve 4, Guile 4

Attacks
Hundred Rings (13 Withering, 10 Decisive, 14 Damage, Overwhelming 4)
Unarmed (14 Withering, 10 Decisive, 9 Damage, Overwhelming 1)

Actions
Rush: 7 dice
Disengage: 10 dice

Evasion 5, Parry 6
Soak/Hardness: 6/0 (Buff Jacket, +3 Soak)
 

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
As the corrupted river spirit rises up, Tyree spins around to face it, placing herself between the spirit and the sick refugees, her spear in hand and ready to defend the mortals behind her.

Join Battle roll totals 7i
Health Levels
-0 [ ] (+[ ] Only in DBT Form)
-1 [ ][ ]
-2 [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] - [ ][ ][ ]
-4 [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] - [ ][ ]
I [ ]

Essence: 1
Personal: 16
Peripheral: 38 / 24
Committed: 14
Willpower: 7

Parry DV: 6
Dodge DV: 3
Resolve: 4
Guile: 1

Join Battle: 8 + 3i - +5i from Sinuous Striking Grace (3m)

Soak: 5
Armor: +11
Shapeshifted: +5 from Unusual Skin, +5 from DBT
Total Soak: 16 human / 26 DBT
Armor Hardness: 10

Weapons
Zelator
Type: Heavy (+1 ACC, +14 DMG, +0 DEF, OVW 5)
Tags: Lethal, Melee, Piercing, Reaching;
Two-Handed when on foot
The spear makes baneful attacks against sorcerers, sorcerous constructs, sorcerously transformed opponents, and summoned spirits. Its decisive attacks against such foes add one bonus die to the damage roll and deal aggravated damage. If the target is a sorcerer who has gathered sorcerous motes, three of the gathered motes are dispersed and lost.
 

D. Rex

Magic Eight Ball
The insolence of spirits and gods. If she survives, Afureru would see there be proper restitution. As the electricity of aggression began to fill the air, the normally violent exalt patted her mount as it began to grow excited.

"No, beast. No. That thing would only make you sick." She chided. Scrunching up her nose at the bloating divinity. Disgusting.


Her lips then drew back in a sneer, "I'll leave this one to you, Toun, Makuro and Tyree. I trust she will be no match to the three of you. And I would hate to deny you at least some challenge." That goddess stood no chance. At least this way, Toun and Tyree could milk some fun from the confrontation.

"I'll be right here if she proves too much." She shifted to sit side saddle to watch over the fight. Getting comfortable as she crossed her legs.




She then looked the crazed deity dead in the eye as her own narrowed. "You are holding up the progress of the Unconquered Sun's children. I take offense to that... if I have to step in... I will dam you at your source, and the only thing you will then have left to channel between your banks is the blood of my enemies."

Her smile took on a dark glee as she though of that, "Or... you can submit and be cleansed. The sooner the better. As I am not sure if Toun here is less or more forgiving than I am."


( WlfSamurai WlfSamurai I will not be joining battle. But may I make an attempt at Intimidation?)
 

WlfSamurai

Maelstrom Engineer
The inky substance inside the godoess continues to swirl and expand.

Battlefield zones:
===West bank===
Tyree. Icewalker camp
Makuro

===West side of the bridge===
Afureru
Aeliana
Toun
River Goddess

===Middle of the bridge===


===East side of the bridge===


===East bank===


Round 1 initiative
9 Toun
8 Makuro
7 Tyree
5 Aeliana, River Goddess

The insolence of spirits and gods. If she survives, Afureru would see there be proper restitution. As the electricity of aggression began to fill the air, the normally violent exalt patted her mount as it began to grow excited.

"No, beast. No. That thing would only make you sick." She chided. Scrunching up her nose at the bloating divinity. Disgusting.


Her lips then drew back in a sneer, "I'll leave this one to you, Toun, Makuro and Tyree. I trust she will be no match to the three of you. And I would hate to deny you at least some challenge." That goddess stood no chance. At least this way, Toun and Tyree could milk some fun from the confrontation.

"I'll be right here if she proves too much." She shifted to sit side saddle to watch over the fight. Getting comfortable as she crossed her legs.




She then looked the crazed deity dead in the eye as her own narrowed. "You are holding up the progress of the Unconquered Sun's children. I take offense to that... if I have to step in... I will dam you at your source, and the only thing you will then have left to channel between your banks is the blood of my enemies."

Her smile took on a dark glee as she though of that, "Or... you can submit and be cleansed. The sooner the better. As I am not sure if Toun here is less or more forgiving than I am."


( WlfSamurai WlfSamurai I will not be joining battle. But may I make an attempt at Intimidation?)
Responding to it here so you can just put a roll into your post. Yes, go ahead and do so. For this, her resolve will be 7 for this.
Essence: 2; Willpower: 6; Join Battle: 6
Resolve: 4
Guile: 2

Health Levels:
-0 [_]
-1 [_][_]
-2 [_][_]
-4 [_]
Inc. [_]

Combat:
Evasion 4, Parry 2
Soak/Hardness: 10/2
 
Last edited:

Teh Frixz

That lady robot
Aeliana, The Evervictor

Taking the long splinter she had wrenched from off of the great tree, now palisade, formerly bridge, Aeliana jams it into the wet ground, impaling the earth with the pole.

“And they say I’m the mad one...”

Gripping the embedded pole, Aeliana hoists herself up, hooking her legs around it, she spins, laughing and turning to face the threat while making sure to draw as much attention as possible to the situation.

Okay! So 5 dice base, I’d say 1 for the stunt and since she’s performing on the impromptu pole, I’ll apply the masterful performance exercise charm.

editing for learning things:

That makes initiative 5!
 
Last edited:

D. Rex

Magic Eight Ball
Roll for Threaten/Intimidation (Presence)

Non-Charm Dice
Base:
8+1
Stunt: +2
Caste: +1
The Dawn Caste inspires terror in her foes. She adds half her Essence score (round up) in dice to all intimidating social influence. She may also intimidate targets who do not feel fear, such as automatons, golems, and certain undead.


Charm Dice
Dread Tiger Symmetry: +1 (reroll 3 failures)

Excellency: 7 for 7mts


Total: 20
Anima Lvl 2

7 success
 

WlfSamurai

Maelstrom Engineer
Afureru, your words carry the weight of the Chosen. The goddess freezes. The inky substance calms and the black water pouring from her mouth ceases.

There is a long moment when it almost seems as if she is paralyzed by what you said.

Then, there is a bone-chilling shriek and the black substance shoots out of the goddess’ body in all directions to become a dozen or more inky tendrils. The black inside her presses through her mouth and her head splits away leaving a new head to form. The head opens and there are three sets of white razor teeth in a gruesome mouth. A black tongue lashes out and tastes the air of Creation hungrily.

Finally, eleven red eyes open on the top of the black head, all different shapes and sizes.

Toun, you’re first! What do you do?

[Congrats! You pushed her to form two without fighting! That was awesome. Of course, this changes her stats...]

Battlefield zones:
===West bank===
Tyree. Icewalker camp
Makuro

===West side of the bridge===
Afureru
Aeliana
Toun
River Goddess

===Middle of the bridge===


===East side of the bridge===


===East bank===


Round 1 initiative
9 Toun
8 Makuro
7 Tyree
5 Aeliana, River Goddess
Essence: 2; Willpower: 6; Join Battle: 6
Personal motes: 70 (was 35 after materialization, now surged by new form)
Resolve: 4
Guile: 2

Health Levels:
-0 [_]
-1 [_][_]
-2 [_][_]
-4 [_]
Inc. [_]

Combat:
Evasion 2, Parry 5
Soak/Hardness: 15/5
 

Rykon

Four Thousand Club
Dark ichors of contagion spray toward Toun only for him to swat aside the erupting toxic blood with his Daiklave. He exhaled white mist, frigid eyes glaring down the malice behind the eleven eyes alight with malice. "I was hoping to cut away the source, but it's too late. Not even death will give its release to this soul. Only true destruction brings relief." He stepped forward and entered a flash of motion, pressing back against the tainted beast with a gleaming silver blade. Each strike and cut aimed to force the shifting creature against the edge of the bridge and pin it down and accelerate the end.

[Withering attack pool base+aim+stunt=17, adding a Strength Excellency for increased damage.

11 attack successes, 6 Threshold
22Base+6Threshold+5Excellency - 15Soak = 18 Withering Damage

7 Initiative damage. That's a crash
Toun's new initiative is 22 (1 from a hit, 7 from the damage, 5 for the crash bonus and obviously the 9 to start.]
 

D. Rex

Magic Eight Ball
Afureru tapped her leg as she watched the goddess warp. My goodness. What sort of infection could make a deity fall that far? What sort of affliction could have that power? And was it a defilement of the river itself or her very being?

"It was too late for her even then, Tuon. There was more of that in her than the goddess herself. And strong enough to override her duty to her domain and care only for its own self preservation."

"But we of divine blood are of sturdy stock. You can still purge her of this parasite. And it has given you the courtesy of baring its throat to your fangs. If the goddess is of strong enough will, she will survive. Maybe."
 

jaydude

Three Thousand Club
Even after he watched the spirit change into its new, monstrous form, Makuro kept flying to where she was fighting with Toun and the others. Or rather, was currently being beaten back by the male Full Moon. Opting to take advantage of Toun's attack, he flew upwards a handful of meters, as if aiming to fly over the goddess.

He slowed himself and then shifted back into his human form with a flash of silver light, the momentum he retained from when he was flying causing him to hang in the air above the bridge for at least a second. Almost immediately after this transformation, he flung out his right arm, the gesture causing the moonsilver bracelet around that wrist to loosen, before it lengthened and thickened into a dire-chain with the speed of a biting cobra. He immediately seized the handle of the weapon as it trailed out behind him, then with a yell and a swing of his right arm, sent the other end of the weapon flying straight towards the head of the goddess.

Once the attack hit, gravity would catch up to him, and he would land in a crouch on the bridge. He wasted little time standing back up and yanking his dire chain towards himself with a sweep of his arm, ready to attack or defend as necessary.

Moving into Close Range of the River Goddess, shifting back into human form and using Serpent Ornament Embrace to ready the Hundred Rings for 1m Peripheral Essence. All of these are reflexive actions.

Using a Decisive attack against the River Goddess. 10 base dice for the attack roll, plus three from the free aim action, and claiming a two-point stunt for two bonus dice and an automatic success.

With the goddess's Defense reduced by one due to the onslaught penalty, the attack roll succeeds with one success (two if the automatic success counts).

Five successes on the damage roll.
Essence: 1
Personal Essence: 16/16
Peripheral Essence: 32/38

Committed Essence: 5 (Hundred Rings)

Willpower: 6
Join Battle: 7
Health Levels: -0, -1, -1, -2, -2, -2, -2, -2, -2, -4, -4, -4, Inc.
Resolve 4, Guile 4

Attacks
Hundred Rings (13 Withering, 10 Decisive, 14 Damage, Overwhelming 4)
Unarmed (14 Withering, 10 Decisive, 9 Damage, Overwhelming 1)

Actions
Rush: 7 dice
Disengage: 10 dice

Evasion 5, Parry 6
Soak/Hardness: 6/0 (Buff Jacket, +3 Soak)
 
Last edited:

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
With the tremendous pummeling that the twisted spirit is getting, Tyree is fairly confident that the fight will be over very quickly, so she continues to maneuver herself between the spirit and the refugees, planning on using her own body to protect them from an attack if at all possible.

OOC Going with a full on Defend Others action.
 

WlfSamurai

Maelstrom Engineer
Toun, you hammer the corrupted goddess back with your daiklave and into the side of the bridge. Her form desperately attempts to flow around you and your blows, but you're too fast. She just barely parries and blocks each of your strikes. By the time you're done with the onslaught, her form has lost shape and she is mostly a pile of black mush trying to reform.

UNTIL...

Makuro, you take advantage of Toun's opening and rocket down to the bridge. Your dire chain whips and snaps taught, cutting through a massive portion of the undulating blob that once was the goddess. It splits almost completely in two with black ichor spraying out of it like lifeblood. She lets out a blood-curdling shriek from somewhere in her formless black pile.

Teh Frixz Teh Frixz
Aeliana, you're up...

Battlefield zones:
===West bank===
Tyree. Icewalker camp
Makuro

===West side of the bridge===
Afureru
Aeliana
Toun
River Goddess

===Middle of the bridge===


===East side of the bridge===


===East bank===


Round 1 initiative
22 Toun
3 Makuro
6 Tyree

5 Aeliana,
-2 River Goddess

Essence: 2; Willpower: 6; Join Battle: 6
Personal motes: 70 (was 35 after materialization, now surged by new form)
Resolve: 4
Guile: 2

Health Levels:
[X] -0
[X][X] -1
[X][X] -2
[_] -4
[_] Inc.

Combat:
Evasion 4, Parry 2
Soak/Hardness: 15/5 (0 because of crashed status)
 

Teh Frixz

That lady robot
Aeliana, The Evervictor

A hefty sigh nearly interrupted Aeliana's performance on the embedded pole. Her enjoyment in what she thought was to be a spirited bout vanished into the ether as what remained of the River Goddess was reduced into a slick oily smear on the ground. Something that would accumulate in the corner of a dungeon over the course of a few decades, not quite solid, not quite liquid. Disgusting but interesting. Almost as interesting as what the Evervictor just noticed while hanging by her legs. The blob of a god was split in two, shrieking all the while. While her pitch was terrible and enough of a crime to be tossed into the Arena like a common noxii, something about the origin of the shriek managed to catch her attention.

Leaping from the pole and into the fray all the while grinning like a mad woman with her fingers outstretched, Aeliana goes for the voice. Tearing her fingers into the blob, attempting to rip chunks free at lighting speed. "Somethings screaming in here! Let's see if we can find a mouth behind all this bile!"

Attempting a decisive attack (Dex + Brawl ) 5 + 3 + excellency + 2 stunt if a fail goes to 3 inactive, still higher than goddess 11 Dice, 6 success!

Leaping into melee combat, unarmed. Rush combat action? (Dex + Athletic) 5 + 3 + excellency + Lightning speed charm (1 auto pass and rerolling 5's and 6's until failure to appear ) 9 Dice 5 success!

Grappling to possibly grab the "core" or center of the Goddess? (Strength + Brawl) 3 + 3 + excellency + 2 stunt 9 Dice 4 success!

initiative roll! 2 successes!
 
Last edited:

WlfSamurai

Maelstrom Engineer
Aeliana, you rip and tear, pulling globs of muck and corruption away. It's working, but the feeling is as if you were reaching into a cold void and gripping nothing. The deep dread and feeling of meaninglessness and despair begins to lace up your arms. The utter consuming fear of nothingness, the end all of existence, is a reality your mind touches for an instant—like a toe into untouched waters. It is consuming and inescapable. And effecting.

And then, your fingers wrap around it at the bottom of it all: a river stone. It's simple, about fist-sized and gray. Perfectly oval shaped by eons of existence in by the changing waters it had been in. When you touch it, you hear her—the real Goddess. This is her core existence. What her Essence and Spark are tied to. "Yes, Sun-child. I am here. Remove me, for it draws its power from my well of Essence. And thank you. I am saved from millennia of bondage and torture."

You rip the stone free and the corruption screams the blood-cuddling screech of trauma. It rolls away and begins to reform, birthing the shape of the hungry Void. This monstrosity is a living nightmare and as it reforms to a nine-foot height, it lashes out at you, Aeliana, swinging a razor claw down at you.

Teh Frixz Teh Frixz
[5 successes withering attack. Do you want to defend with a Charm?]

I took a little liberty as we weren’t using a true grapple in the fiction. And I had you pull the stone free. I hope you don’t mind.

If you’re up for playing up the fact that you went digging around in the Corruption and you mind touched the Void, I’m not sure how we capture that mechanically. I’m open to ideas. I was wondering if maybe we give you a minor intimacy: Void-touched.

Battlefield zones:
===West bank===
Tyree Icewalker camp
Makuro

===West side of the bridge===
Afureru
Aeliana
Toun
Corruption

===Middle of the bridge===


===East side of the bridge===


===East bank===


Round 1 initiative
22 Toun
3 Makuro
6 Tyree
5 Aeliana

-2 Corruption

Essence: 2; Willpower: 6; Join Battle: 6
Personal motes: 15
Resolve: 4
Guile: 2

Health Levels:
[X] -0
[X][X] -1
[X][X] -2
[_] -4
[_] Inc.

Combat:
Evasion 4, Parry 2
Soak/Hardness: 15/5 (0 because of crashed status)
 
Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top