• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Shadows of Esteren check.

Airagog

And all at once, the universe groaned.
The year is 907. Unrest brews throughout the peninsula of Tri-Kazel from the southern shores to the cliffs of no return. King Kailleach Anweal sits upon his throne, his brow furrowed, his once youthful splendor dulled, his hair beginning to gray. His eyes losing that sparkle they once had. Beside him his queen Gwynevere III sits, calm and collected on the outside as she must always be. She has always been at his side, his love, his spymaster, and his head assassin. She is the keeper of order for her husband. She is the one the subjects fear. Yet even she, in her vast networks, cannot solve everything that ails her husband. The only comfort she may take is knowing that they are not alone in their troubles. In the far north in the country of Gwidre many villages have been beset by feondas and rising threats from otherworldly creatures. To the far east Reizh sits perhaps the best and the worst out of all three, it having gone through an industrial revolution that helped bring it power but bring its people to their knees. She knows that it might be mighty now for its science and industry, but there will soon be revolts spreading throughout it. She will make sure of it. In the center of the peninsula sits a town of great stone walls and of rivers that pass through it, Aelwyd Saogh. It is here the three nations trade, it is here that the story begins, and it is here that is most safe from the feondas and their terrible might.

Esteren_Cartography_Tri-Kazel800.jpg

This is a more open fantasy rpg since the entire world is mapped out and events are already scheduled to take place. I will leave it up to those who are interested in joining to decide if they want to use the dice and progression system or not. The world is low-magic similar to that of The Witcher with dangerous eldritch abominations known as the Feondas lurking in the world. No matter where your story takes you, you're bound to find intrigue. The only question is, will you survive the peninsula?

If I get like 4 people interested I'll make it and let them decide if they want to do a dice system or not.

Okay, I'll bite. But I'm going to need more details than this. I guess I'll say that I'm partially interested.

A quick rundown of the dice system:

You have certain attributes that make up your character. these are known as "ways" they are: Combativeness, Empathy, Creativity, Reason, and Conviction. They go from 1-5.

Each discipline has several skills associated with it. These skills are what determine how good your character is at a task. These go up to 5 in the general skill and then you can specialize in a subset of said skill up to 15.

For Example: I can have 5 in perception but if I am trying to do a specific task (reading people) which I am super trained in, I can add 8 instead of 5.

How you roll is you first look at the skill you want. Then you look at what way it uses. You add your skill total plus your way total. You then take that number, if it is not higher than the difficulty of the task you are trying to preform, you roll a d10. You then take that number and add it to your total. If it is higher than the difficulty or the same, you succeed.

THIS MEANS YOUR CHARACTER CANNOT FAIL CERTAIN TASKS THEY ARE ADEPT AT. For example, if you are a blacksmith and you are trying to make a basic sword, that's difficulty 11. Say you have a 5 in craft and a 5 in creativity. You literally cannot fail that and you do not need to roll. However, that does mean certain tasks are impossible for you to do. You are not superhuman.

Here is an example character sheet. This is just to give you an idea for how the stats and skills are mapped out to give you character ideas.

Attachments

• Haedr_Edrin__original1_en.jpg
    Haedr_Edrin__original1_en.jpg
    421.4 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Personally and in all honesty, I don't like a stats system in an RP and I wouldn't want it here. It's a bit too arbitrary and inflexible.

Personally and in all honesty, I don't like a stats system in an RP and I wouldn't want it here. It's a bit too arbitrary and inflexible.

3 for and 1 against thus far. Also they stop a super important thing in rp: godmodding and powerplaying. If I have a system that clearly says what you can and can't do then there are no arguments. Also it gives a clear progression system that your character can follow so you don't just have one match and suddenly you're super good.

3 for and 1 against thus far. Also they stop a super important thing in rp: godmodding and powerplaying. If I have a system that clearly says what you can and can't do then there are no arguments. Also it gives a clear progression system that your character can follow so you don't just have one match and suddenly you're super good.
I don't know, I would have thought that you're the system against godmodding and powerplaying. Way I see it, GM's all we need to stop that, with good roleplayers backing him up of course. :)

But it's your RP. If the decision is for dice-rolling... I'm afraid I'm feeling iffy about that and I'd have to withdraw my interest, nothing personal. At first I feel that I might just give it a go, but I can't help feeling claustrophobic. Sorry... I just feel that I should leave sooner rather than later while the RP is still an interest check, if I have that intention.

XD I've never been in a dice before but more than happy to give it a go!! :3

I don't know, I would have thought that you're the system against godmodding and powerplaying. Way I see it, GM's all we need to stop that, with good roleplayers backing him up of course. :)

But it's your RP. If the decision is for dice-rolling... I'm afraid I'm feeling iffy about that and I'd have to withdraw my interest, nothing personal. At first I feel that I might just give it a go, but I can't help feeling claustrophobic. Sorry... I just feel that I should leave sooner rather than later while the RP is still an interest check, if I have that intention.

That's fine. And I am, but I'd rather stop the argument for what a character can and can't do before it happens. Why let an argument ensue that would totally disrupt the RP whenever you can just have a system that says "Hey here's what you can and can't do. Enjoy."

XD I've never been in a dice before but more than happy to give it a go!! :3

The dice is only if you're trying to do something pretty impressive. The system that shadows uses makes it to where if it's routine to your character you don't roll, you auto get it.

I prefer having no dice
That's fine. And I am, but I'd rather stop the argument for what a character can and can't do before it happens. Why let an argument ensue that would totally disrupt the RP whenever you can just have a system that says "Hey here's what you can and can't do. Enjoy."

Which is where the 'good roleplayers' bit comes in. There won't be arguments if we have RP'ers who can settle things properly with the GM mediating only where necessary.

Anyway, good luck :) I hope things will be fine for you :)

I prefer having no dice

Which is where the 'good roleplayers' bit comes in. There won't be arguments if we have RP'ers who can settle things properly with the GM mediating only where necessary.

Anyway, good luck :) I hope things will be fine for you :)
You know good thing that comes from rolling dice? Suprice critical success.

Dude wants to pass. Let the guy pass. :)

No worries. We're all good people here. It's all down to preference. It's better this way, that I leave now, rather than filling a spot that a person who likes a dice system can't get, or to only quit when my character becomes prominent enough to have an important role in the plot.

Again, I wish you guys all the best. Have a good, long and complete RP. Lord knows, rpnation needs plenty of successful roleplays.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back