• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Shadowrun: Pillars of Salt

MrThe

Mystery Man
Roleplay Type(s)
Salt Lake City has gone through a lot in the past few years. Suffering first through the political upheaval and negotiations regarding their situation after the PCC absorbed the Ute Nation. Then shortly afterward experiencing the shock of a terrifying blood rain that flooded much of the Wasatch Valley, made twice as terrifying because the clearly magical weather happened even in the middle of Salt Lake City which has a Magical Deadzone that cancels all magic except Mormon Theurgy covering most of Downtown. Salt Lake City was shaken by these occurrences but not spent and the takeover of the Ute by the much more Anglo Friendly PCC did much to help them weather the blood rain. Trading Independence for Autonomy did a lot for Salt Lake City. The Shadowrunners are no different, facing the new challenges and also opportunities with a can do attitude. You will be playing as a group of Shadowrunners based in my version of Salt Lake City.

Last edited:
This sounds interesting, but you say that it is YOUR version of Salt Lake City, so does that mean it's based off something? Also, what are Shadowrunners, or is that something that goes along with the original content that this MAY be based off of?

This sounds interesting, but you say that it is YOUR version of Salt Lake City, so does that mean it's based off something? Also, what are Shadowrunners, or is that something that goes along with the original content that this MAY be based off of?
It's based off of the Shadowrun rpg but I put my own spin on Salt Lake City because I'm a local. Shadowrunners are a type of mercenary that gets hired for all sorts of things from beating up nerdy teenagers to saving the world. It's very much tied up with the original RPG.

Would I have to have played the RPG to be in the roleplay, or is it alright that I haven't played it? Because it does sound really interesting, I just don’t have much experience with the game.

Would I have to have played the RPG to be in the roleplay, or is it alright that I haven't played it? Because it does sound really interesting, I just don’t have much experience with the game.
You don't need to have played the RPG. Lol if I haven't why would you?

I'm a bit rusty but certainly interested. Do you have a bit of plot you'd be willing to share? What will we be doing in Salt Lake City?

I'm a bit rusty but certainly interested. Do you have a bit of plot you'd be willing to share? What will we be doing in Salt Lake City?
Well I was thinking of just doing small runs until I get a decent plot together. As for why you are in Salt Lake City it's up to your character. I wasn't really thinking of having a cohesive plot so much as doing an almost slice of life type thing. More of a character focused with reoccurring NPCs. I'll probably have a few major or minor plotlines with the missions you do but there won't be a main story per se. Does that appeal to you?

Well I was thinking of just doing small runs until I get a decent plot together. As for why you are in Salt Lake City it's up to your character. I wasn't really thinking of having a cohesive plot so much as doing an almost slice of life type thing. More of a character focused with reoccurring NPCs. I'll probably have a few major or minor plotlines with the missions you do but there won't be a main story per se. Does that appeal to you?
Sure I was just curious of what we were getting ourselves into :D
Looking forward to seeing what kind of team is about to run around the shadows of SLC.

Sorry I have been very busy lately I'm just glad there is still interest after so long.

I'm at work right now so I can't respond much. But when I get home In a few hours I'll be more available.

Yuu Vee Rays Yuu Vee Rays Fenris Fenris Erreul Erreul You guys have probably moved on, but I've finally got the time to start this up since the Lockdown has let up somewhat. If you are still interested that is.
Oddly enough, I just happen to have some spare time this upcoming week and got a alert for posts in this thread :D
If the shadows of salt lake are deep enough for another player, I'm game.

That's great to hear, I'm just putting up the Character Sheet page right now and making your Fixer at the same time. You're going to love him, he's super cool and based off of one of my favorite Boy Scout Leaders when I was active in The Order of the Arrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back