• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Shadowrun: Pillars of Salt

Yuu Vee Rays Yuu Vee Rays In Shadowrun there's no such thing as a half elf or a half orc. Someone with a human father and a metahuman mother or vice versa will be either human or metahuman. Otherwise it seems pretty good, I just did a quick once over and I'll look a bit deeper sometime later.

Yuu Vee Rays Yuu Vee Rays So I did a second more detailed look at your character and the backstory is still good. I'm just having some trouble with understanding a couple things. How did he get so proficient at infiltration so quickly? It's only been 4 years since he got into Shadowrunning and he had literally no job experience before. As for the work at the Doctors office did he not go to high school? It appears he came from a well to do family. And far more importantly, How exactly does his poison work? Does it give them Amnesia? Turn them into a vegetable? Something else? You didn't explain what you meant by "kills the person they used to be"

Last edited:
Yuu Vee Rays Yuu Vee Rays haha, just noticed we have 2 Alexander's... would you like me to change the name? Also thats some amazing detail inn the bio :D
Great Character sheet man. Will you be explaining how you escaped Berlin in more detail at a later date in the RP?

Great Character sheet man. Will you be explaining how you escaped Berlin in more detail at a later date in the RP?
Thank you! I was hoping to develop the character some more during the RP and the escape from Berlin could really do with added details; so I'll work on it. Figured Spark can be a combat focused Rigger, he's mainly there to get people around and provide surveillance/intel via some drones; but when things get messy he knows his way around a brawl and his cyber-arm has a few tricks up its chromed sleeve. Obviously neither his upbringing nor his appearance make him a natural crowd pleaser or overly subtle so he'd better leave the smooth talk to Sweet Toxin.

Last edited:
Yuu Vee Rays Yuu Vee Rays So I did a second more detailed look at your character and the backstory is still good. I'm just having some trouble with understanding a couple things. How did he get so proficient at infiltration so quickly? It's only been 4 years since he got into Shadowrunning and he had literally no job experience before. As for the work at the Doctors office did he not go to high school? It appears he came from a well to do family. And far more importantly, How exactly does his poison work? Does it give them Amnesia? Turn them into a vegetable? Something else? You didn't explain what you meant by "kills the person they used to be"
This isn't my lane but I could totally see him being an adept of sorts, someone who naturally/unknowingly uses magic to boost their abilities. Thus creating especially potent toxins or moving with an unnatural grace that allows for easier infiltration. Making up for experience and training with latent magical potential.

This isn't my lane but I could totally see him being an adept of sorts, someone who naturally/unknowingly uses magic to boost their abilities. Thus creating especially potent toxins or moving with an unnatural grace that allows for easier infiltration. Making up for experience and training with latent magical potential.
It doesn't really work there either because you actually need to be trained in the use of Magic. Shadowrun is actually very much a setting where you need a teacher or someplace you learned your skills. For example, hackers and technomancers have their forums and websites, Street Samurai have either the mean streats or a sensei (often both), Mages and Adepts have their own schools, Riggers and the like have their Trade Schools and Apprenticeships, you kind of need a place you got your skills. Especially if you are to be learning stuff at a rapid pace. You CAN learn stuff on your own, but it's unusual and rings of Mary Sue to me. It doesn't need to be official training, but you typically have a sort of mentor character.

Hmm wondering if its too late or if should modify my character a bit since I was also planning to use a Rigger but more of the drones aspect.

It doesn't really work there either because you actually need to be trained in the use of Magic. Shadowrun is actually very much a setting where you need a teacher or someplace you learned your skills. For example, hackers and technomancers have their forums and websites, Street Samurai have either the mean streats or a sensei (often both), Mages and Adepts have their own schools, Riggers and the like have their Trade Schools and Apprenticeships, you kind of need a place you got your skills. Especially if you are to be learning stuff at a rapid pace. You CAN learn stuff on your own, but it's unusual and rings of Mary Sue to me. It doesn't need to be official training, but you typically have a sort of mentor character.

It is kinda like that, though. He's so good at infiltration because he had to sneak about quite a bit while on his journey. The area around where he lived wasn't very accepting of trans people. So he got very good about it. And since he had been hiding it from everyone around him before he came out, blending in is basically like second nature to him. And I was going along the lines of magic but not realizing it, because one of the things I meant to add (sorry that I didn't, I was in a rush) was that his mother had Earth magic, which is why she helped with the garden. He was also more homeschooled than going to the actual building since he had a parent from different races, which where he lived is seen as a big no-no. So he had up to a high school education since he learned at his father's pace, which was faster than the schools. (Again, thought I added that. My bad.) As for the toxins, each one does something different, as it does in nature. So, depending on what he uses, it can be any one of what you listed. That's the beauty of poisons: They can have a numerous amount of effects depending on what you use and how much of it. I can try to compile a list of the more common ones he has on his person at all times, but that could take longer than we might have.

This was also why I basically did bullet points of the important stuff. I don't know too much about the world this is set in, so I went into this blind.

Hmm wondering if its too late or if should modify my character a bit since I was also planning to use a Rigger but more of the drones aspect.
I can edit some stuff and just go full StreetSamurai if that will help round out the Team a bit!

No worries, I though I should run this by first before putting in a bio.
Since this is a new role play, I might try being a Rigger / Medic.

It is kinda like that, though. He's so good at infiltration because he had to sneak about quite a bit while on his journey. The area around where he lived wasn't very accepting of trans people. So he got very good about it. And since he had been hiding it from everyone around him before he came out, blending in is basically like second nature to him. And I was going along the lines of magic but not realizing it, because one of the things I meant to add (sorry that I didn't, I was in a rush) was that his mother had Earth magic, which is why she helped with the garden. He was also more homeschooled than going to the actual building since he had a parent from different races, which where he lived is seen as a big no-no. So he had up to a high school education since he learned at his father's pace, which was faster than the schools. (Again, thought I added that. My bad.) As for the toxins, each one does something different, as it does in nature. So, depending on what he uses, it can be any one of what you listed. That's the beauty of poisons: They can have a numerous amount of effects depending on what you use and how much of it. I can try to compile a list of the more common ones he has on his person at all times, but that could take longer than we might have.

This was also why I basically did bullet points of the important stuff. I don't know too much about the world this is set in, so I went into this blind.
Oh ok no problem! Just clarifying some stuff.

Oh ok no problem! Just clarifying some stuff.

Yep. So, since things have been looked over and it's been discussed, I'll get to writing up the actual bio. Might add a few extra things into the character sheet too, if that's alright?

Yep. So, since things have been looked over and it's been discussed, I'll get to writing up the actual bio. Might add a few extra things into the character sheet too, if that's alright?
Yeah but I'd hold off on adding magic since it kind of needs a bit more experience with the universe to get right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back