Shadowrun character help

Steel Accord

One Thousand Club
So I have a general concept for two characters but one of them needs a little more fleshing out than the other. Specifically, where he comes from. Now the general idea is that he's an Awakened who ends up becoming a mage. (Leaning towards the Shamanistic line of things but wait a moment for specifics.) He got a job working for a Corporation that could employ his magical talents. He also though has a fascination with world religions and how they interact with magic. So he starts taking jobs on the side or going on personal vacations to places such as Angkor Wat, the Hagia Sophia, or the Vortexes of the Yavapai people in Arizona. (Now part of the Pueblo Corporate Council technically.) Now, whether his employers tolerate these extracurriculars or not can be shaken out by the GM but whether he remains formally employed or not, digging into the intricacies of magic and organized religion is bound to pull someone into the Shadows one way or the other. This person is also not an instigator. Not an anarchist or particularly angry or vengeful. Maybe not exactly a crusader but someone more or less agreeable with polite society who just has a fascination with all things mystical and is willing to cross borders both political and metaphysical to find it.

I had an idea that such a someone could be from Tir Tairngire. Would that make sense though? From what I've read thus far, they appear to be pretty isolated so maybe an Awakened of their citizens would be formally employed by one of their local businesses or the actual government? Maybe they chafe under Tir law and want to see what the rest of the world is like and that's why they're a Shadowrunner? Having to escape from their own homeland or draconic (no pun intended) professional ties? Is emigration from Tir Tairngire even that hard for born citizens?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back