• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Shadow People - OOC Discussion

Sorry guys it has been a hectic week. Finally have a day off tomorrow and Monday (wooooo long weekend). I will have the opening post up between now and Monday evening. Keep dat hype train going.

So I had a thought while working on the IC, would you guys be interested in a scrapbook page? Basically a thread where you can throw up musings, inspirations, journal entries, flashbacks, whatever for your characters. If it doesn't violate any rules (I'll need to do a little reading), I was thinking of creating two extra pages, one for library or thread info and another for a scrapbook. I know we haven't started yet so this might be a bit ambitious, but I figured I'd throw it out there now anyways for you guys to mull over.

... alright... I guess I'll go back and work on the opener...

So I had a thought while working on the IC, would you guys be interested in a scrapbook page? Basically a thread where you can throw up musings, inspirations, journal entries, flashbacks, whatever for your characters. If it doesn't violate any rules (I'll need to do a little reading), I was thinking of creating two extra pages, one for library or thread info and another for a scrapbook. I know we haven't started yet so this might be a bit ambitious, but I figured I'd throw it out there now anyways for you guys to mull over.

That would be interesting.

I like that idea!

I'm down with this right here.:)

I might not participate much in this, as I have a feeling a lot of code will be involved in something like a scrapbook. I don't do well with code... reading through it, I mean. I can write it just fine; the language doesn't bother me. It's the result that bothers me... all the strange colors, background images, menus and buttons, etc... so I avoid it as much as possible.

WordArtist WordArtist I wouldn't worry about the coding part too much. I'm garbage at it myself. It's meant to be a scrapbook so you can just post musings or even Drifter accounts not related to the main storyline. It is whatever you want it to be. While people wait for their turn to post, it will keep them interested and invested in the story through a side project. It will help to also fill in the lore and cement the story foundation. That being said, it's not mandatory, but an option should you choose to do so.

WordArtist WordArtist I wouldn't worry about the coding part too much. I'm garbage at it myself. It's meant to be a scrapbook so you can just post musings or even Drifter accounts not related to the main storyline. It is whatever you want it to be. While people wait for their turn to post, it will keep them interested and invested in the story through a side project. It will help to also fill in the lore and cement the story foundation. That being said, it's not mandatory, but an option should you choose to do so.

Oh, I think it's probably a really good idea. I just perceive a scrapbook being full of everyone's creativity... which usually means trying to read around tons of code.

Edit: It sounds like you're kind of wanting to do an aside to give people an outlet for unique ideas without cluttering up the main thread, which I think is an excellent idea. With your description, I'm kind of wondering if Journal might be a better title for it? When I think about a scrapbook, I think photos and memories more than musings and side interactions, but a journal is exactly that... musings and side interactions. Just a thought!

Last edited:
WordArtist WordArtist - There are some pretty talented people in this RP that I'm sure would help you out if you wanted something coded for you, but if it isn't your cup of tea than no sweat. No obligation to participate.

I wanted to give you all the heads up that I will be offline from May 26th to June 4th. I may or may not be able to check in for OOC stuff, but if I am unavailable Mage_Clawhammer Mage_Clawhammer will be available to answer any lore related questions and Kennedy Kennedy will help to provide any direction if you are unsure where to head. I don't think we will get passed opening posts in that span, so we should be fine until I am back on native soil.

WordArtist WordArtist - There are some pretty talented people in this RP that I'm sure would help you out if you wanted something coded for you, but if it isn't your cup of tea than no sweat. No obligation to participate.

I guess I'm not very clear on this lol. Writing code isn't hard. It's extremely simple. I understand the language very well. I could easily write my own code. What bothers me are the results. I can't -read- what's written on code.

I struggle with severe ADHD, so when I see something written on a coded page - something with dropdowns, scrollbars, fancy backgrounds or borders, etc - I get distracted by one of the above, lose my place in what I'm reading, forget everything I've read up to that point, and have to start all over.

Imagine that happening over and over and over again. Frustrating, right? That's my life with code. Font changes and colored fonts, I can sometimes work around, depending on how minimally it's done. Anything more than that, and I am too distracted by the flourish to read the words.

I hope that clarifies what I'm talking about. I think, maybe, that I'm not very good at explaining myself despite being a writer. Talk about ironic.

Last edited:
WordArtist WordArtist If I myself ever post anything in our journal scrapbook thingy, I won't use code to make it easier om you. I can't speak for the others, but I won't use it.

(I suck at it anyway:))

WordArtist WordArtist I am studying in programming and coding so don't mind me as I stumble around and flail about with this weird BB code stuff, but I can go without doing it too ^-^

I envy you! I love the language. It's oddly satisfying, actually, because (unlike English...) it's very systematic and easy to understand.

I envy you! I love the language. It's oddly satisfying, actually, because (unlike English...) it's very systematic and easy to understand.
One of the reasons why I got into coding, made more sense to me, haha!
I still don't get those column spans o-o only thing that doesn't make sense to me half the time.

One of the reasons why I got into coding, made more sense to me, haha!
I still don't get those column spans o-o only thing that doesn't make sense to me half the time.

I really want to get into it myself, honestly. I'm just a chicken when it comes to spending money, so I haven't had the guts to go back to school. I'd really love to, though. I feel the same way about networking and IT, because the languages are so... simple... by comparison to what I consider normal (that being English).

I really want to get into it myself, honestly. I'm just a chicken when it comes to spending money, so I haven't had the guts to go back to school. I'd really love to, though. I feel the same way about networking and IT, because the languages are so... simple... by comparison to what I consider normal (that being English).
To learn more or to get a degree in it?

To learn more or to get a degree in it?

Just to learn it. I don't think I'd want to do programming as a profession, but it would be a fun hobby. IT, though... I'd like to get a degree in that. I think I could enjoy doing that professionally.

WordArtist WordArtist Kennedy Kennedy Mage_Clawhammer Mage_Clawhammer WolfSol WolfSol KingofAesir KingofAesir Coyote Hart Coyote Hart StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

Alright team, IC is up.

I've updated all the hyperlinks for the other pages.

I've also updated the first post of the cast page to have hyperlinks for all the relationships and also added a second part for NPCs for anyone who wants to create a character sheet for a NPC they would like to keep track of. Between now and Friday I will attempt to get the library and scrapbook up.

I figure once everyone gets their opening post up we can get at the meat of our story.

3eo8bQl.gif

WordArtist WordArtist Kennedy Kennedy Mage_Clawhammer Mage_Clawhammer WolfSol WolfSol KingofAesir KingofAesir Coyote Hart Coyote Hart StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

Alright team, IC is up.

I've updated all the hyperlinks for the other pages.

I've also updated the first post of the cast page to have hyperlinks for all the relationships and also added a second part for NPCs for anyone who wants to create a character sheet for a NPC they would like to keep track of. Between now and Friday I will attempt to get the library and scrapbook up.

I figure once everyone gets their opening post up we can get at the meat of our story.

3eo8bQl.gif
Alright, time to figure out how to start x3

Endgame Endgame Once a human dies and they become a drifter... how does this change occur? Is it waking up in the exact location of their death? Somewhere else entirely? Does time pass before this happens or is it instant? Are they conscious of it or is it simply dying and then waking without any memory of what happened?

Sorry for all the questions >_<

Users who are viewing this thread

Back