• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Shadow of the Leaf - Naruto RP - Accepting!

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
It was plainly clear that Kotone was not in any condition to listen to Yasu as the other girl desperately tried to explain the situation and come to an understanding that would help both of them in the long run. The kunoichi continued wriggling and writhing, probably staining more of her loose kimono with the muck below them, certainly not helping her peer in just untangling themselves in a sensible fashion. Kotone continued wiggling around as tears continued to stain her face, while keeping the crestfallen expression. However, this more emotional display of despair would soon change as through the course of both parties, something happened.

”Eeep...” squeaked out Kotone as, oh dear

The kunoichi just stared blankly at Yasu, with her mouth agape. There were no tears present now just a set of eyes with incredibly widened pupils and a mouth which quivered far more than it did before, alongside an even redder face than before. As Yasu managed to untangle the scarf from her and fall back, Kotone used her arms to push backwards while keeping an intense and unnerved stare.

”I-I-I-” stuttered Kotone as she tried to find the words, while Yasu explained both to her and Naoko. The many direct comments about the situation caused to react with an incredible gasp before plunging back down to the muck of the forest floor.

Here the kunoichi, who was at this point somewhat wishing she had stuck to the ways of a courtier but more right now wishing she didn’t listen to the beating heart, remained laying down shocked of the events that had occurred. And she had to deal with the outcome as there were two, for now, witnesses to the affair. Yasu was already rather direct, there was no doubt in Kotone’s mind that eventually she’d let it slip. As for the turquoise-haired Kunoichi, Kotone did not know what to expect from her but she was not thinking it’d be good news. The girl was mulling deeply about the horrors this situation would cause.

She knew none of this would be acceptable to her suitors! What would they say about her? What would they think about her!? Could it be this very action would doom her to a life of a bachelorette with no prospects of marriage? Then what was the entire point of ever becoming a kunoichi in the first place!?

But maybe, Kotone had an out at least for now. Eventually she would have to drag the matter up again and find a way for them to never-ever-ever reference it again and of course find a way to make herself forget. Through much of her training she heard that sake helped in the matter of forgetting so that would be an option.

”O-oh, y-yes what about those miscreants? Are they still engaged in conducting their brawls against our forces?” she turned to glance at Naoko asking that question. Kotone reached up to brush some of her hair out of the way, but stopped and shivered noticing that it also was caught among the muck. ”If those activities are still going on at this present state, I will humbly offer my assistance in aid regarding the dissolution of their continued assault. But, erhm, if, if, please just hear me out on this thing I humbly will request, if it is unnecessary that my services are needed could-could-could I just, just be left alone for awhile?” Kotone said sniffling, while gazing off into the distance partially to check for any bandits but mostly because she dared not feel like looking at either Yasu or Naoko.

clarinetti clarinetti KnightOfNight KnightOfNight

Kotori Yamata
1539767633662.png
Mood: Highly Irritated
Interaction: Scion Scion clarinetti clarinetti KnightOfNight KnightOfNight

"Those motherfuckers are so lucky they are elders, how dare they. How dare they even suggest an arranged marriage, I'm perfectly capable of leading the clan by myself. I swear those pieces of shit are getting bolder and bolder by the day. Look at me now, running my fucking ass to catch up with my team because they kept me back to listen to their bitching and moaning" Kotori ranted to himself as he jumped from branch to branch at high speed, his long jet black hair billowing behind him as he moved at high speed to try and catch up with his teammates. After being informed of his mission, he had returned his home to pack only to be cornered by the clan elders. With Kotori getting older and his father beginning to experience health issues, the clan elders were becoming very eager for Kotori to become to the new leader which confused and frustrated Kotori to no end. He wasn't stupid, he heard the whispering amongst his clanmates, about how it should have been his sister leading them and about how unfit he was for the role. The Yamata Clan were prideful and arrogant, even Kotori could admit that because. Known for their beauty and combat, they were a formidable bunch but that infamy has led to the member's becoming overconfident. From the moment he had become the heir, he was pressured to be the best and when he couldn't meet those expectations they judged him. His clansmen doubt him, he knew that but he never expected they would go so far as to insinuate that he needed a spouse to help him lead. The moment it was suggested, Kotori angrily ranted and stormed off leaving his father to try and calm the angry elders.

Now he was, running through the forest, seething and glaring ahead. After a few minutes, he came across his teammates who had just seemed to finish fighting judging by the knocked out men on the floor. He stood on the tree branch, observing them for a moment before jumping down into the clearing where he landed near Yasu and Naoki.

"What did I miss." He asked, voice steady and his pretty face devoid of any emotion as he looked at the three women. Despite his neutral face, his piercing eyes the color of melted gold revealed the annoyance he was feeling that he was too lazy to fully conceal.

eNq61fp.png
There was a brief delay after the quaking finished, Suba and her oversized slug supposedly being ripped from the ground with a painful cry as they slumped onto the ground near Kakashi with heavy bruising. Moments later, however, four pair of hands erupted from the mud-ridden ground underneath the leading chunin. They'd intend to firmly clutch onto the chunin's ankles before pulling downward with a united might in attempt to drag the leading chunin's body a foot underground in order to lock him into place. It was by this time the injured Suba, and slug positioned near Kakashi suddenly poofed with a mocking grin on their faces. Clones meant for diversion.

. . .Flashback ( During the Earth-style: Earthquake Jutsu )
"Waaah!" Cried the small kunoichi, eyes in a complete swirl as her summoned slug was aggressively tossed this, and that way by churning earth. "Maakee it ssttoo-" Her eyes widen, cheeks filled with a face suddenly turned an unsettling green. Shortly after resisting the urge to barf, Suba began poking at the insides of her summoning. "Sh-. .Shirudo! Are you-" -- "Ooohoohoo~ Ladies please~ I'm only one slug~" He chimed. "Wh-. .Shirudo! What are you-" -- "Shirruddo~ The greatest slug alive~ Yeess, that's mee~ Oohuu~" Continued chanting the slug, seemingly day-dreaming within his dazed state. "Laaazzy eeyyee!" Called Suba in reminder, the slug suddenly snapping out of his dazed state to look backwards to see a young Suba's head sticking out of his body. Staring at him with a twitching brow. Returning to his senses, a drop of sweat rolled down his long, eye extension. "Lets just....forget that ever-..." -- " ...Yeah." Shortly after, Suba created two clones. One transformed into Shirudo, and the second clone slinking within its body. With the final step being Shirudo being henge'd into becoming a replica of Suba, the two pairs began burrowing upward, breaking off in two different directions. The clones toward Kakashi. The original toward the leading chunin.

. . .Now
Should the chunin, with any luck, be successfully rooted into place, Suba's clone positioned behind the villainous chunin would suddenly raise to the surface of the mobile rock, reaching from both sides around the chunin's body before firmly clasping the arms he intended to use for jutsu. There'd follow a heavy sizzling sound as the clone seemed to be made of a lethal saliva designed to melt even metal. It's arms and hands collapsed into a collection of the previously mentioned saliva and onto the chunin's arms and hands, aiming to completely remove them from the game. It was by then Suba had made efforts of rooting the enemy in place, and secondly dis..arming the opponent to allow either Kakashi, or Shizuka the window they needed to deliver the finishing blow. Both the miniature slugs on Shizuka's, and Kakashi's shoulders were prepped and ready to feed additional chakra into their finishing blows.

Target: High-Level Chunin
Uncultured Uncultured Kloudy Kloudy

Neru moved through the wilderness as swiftly and stealthily as possible. His eyes watered, but not from the speed drying his eyes out, or allergies, or anything mundane. The answer was food. A large red fried chicken thigh was being firmly clamped down with his teeth, and boy was it spicy! From the hot fresh crispy surface to the juicy meat everything radiated the powerful burn of chilies. However he mustn't slow down and eat as it could wait. He was running rather late and needed to get there in time. All he could really do is taste the hot oily juices while his teeth continued clamping down on the bone.

Eventually, as he continued moving on through the forest he detected a commotion. It was easy to figure out this was the group he was about rendezvous with . He finally took a bit of the chicken savoring the crunchy coating and juicy interior before clamping down again. Spear firmly in hand he rocketed into the sky with a perfect eagle eye view of the situation. Form what he could rapidly surmise it seems there was a violent altercation that seemed to be ending with his would-be allies looking victorious. Perfect. It would make his job of reporting in and getting on with this assignment a lot easier to do, as quite frankly he didn't care to put in a whole lot of work right now.

To those who weren't paying the utmost attention to surroundings Nerus arrival was sudden but stylishly dramatic. He had picked poor slob and down he went pinning him with a strong slam into the earth with the butt of his spear. When the dust settled a nonchalant Neru stepped over the mook and introduced himself with chicken in hand and spear already unequipped, "Kept you waiting huh? The name''s Neru Chubu, don't wear it out. Been assigned to help out with my unique capabilities. Now where to boss?" He then proceeded to finish up the chicken leaving a only a very clean set of bones. "Nailed it..." was what he thought to himself after he finished the introduction.

Interactions
Uncultured Uncultured KSMI KSMI Kloudy Kloudy

A blood curdling roar shot through the night. A scream of escrutiating pain and rage, as acid decomposed flesh and bone, sinking deep into the arms of Koren, destroying his seals, crippling him physically and othwise. Weak now, and without options he chuckled, knowing his defeat was at hand. For not only had he been doused with strong acid, his feet were anchored firm in the mud, trapping him where he stood, he could not attack, he could not run. He had lost, but he would not be taken alive.

"Heh... You... You think this it it huh?"

He growled, jaw tight as shipmates knot, his pain absolute, blood dripping profusely from arteries not cauterized by the clone.

"That this is... Is all I got?"

He continued through labored breath, and pained pauses, falling to a knee, reaching to his black Flak vest, unzipping it with the strength of a child, his muscles dissolved.

Chest bare, he revealed further seals, arranged in a spiral pattern with his heart the center. Each one marked with the same ominous symbol, Kanji, standing for "Implosion".

Suffice it to say, it would serve the ninja of the platoon if they stopped the attack before its start, a final blow would have to be delivered. Before his chakra unlocked the power of his final, suicidal attack.

Kloudy Kloudy
KSMI KSMI

————————

The earth cracked around Yuuma's head, his body went limp and his limbs sagged as the lights turned off, rendered lame by the suplex.

Despite such trauma, Yuuma had a gift, a skull thicker than normal, giving him the benefit of increased protection at the cost of a smaller brain, a brain that sparked, sputtered and reignited.

Discouraging him from resisting further was what he first heard after returning from his short nap. It was the screaming of his boss, Koren, who was stronger than Yuuma by a fair margin.

Big Yu was an idiot for sure, but he was not suicidal, deciding it best to play the part of the defeated enemy, shutting his eyes, leaving his body limp, hoping to avoid the same final end that, from the sound of it, his boss was soon to face.

Im response to the defeat of the officer, the surrounding fighters muttered to each other in fear, turning slowly from Riki, deciding it best for life and limb to retreat from the physically dominant fighter who had defeated their superior.

That being said, many enemies still roamed the field, but this subtraction of enemy power would certainly be felt if the fight continued.

Zerohex Zerohex

Last edited:
Shizuka Shinrai
(Konohagakure - East Gate)

870c5db76031979f9964b207378a4080.jpg

"Heh, that's more like it."

Having successfully landed his kick, Shizuka flipped backwards and landed lightly on his feet, just in time to watch as his teammate Suba root their opponent into the ground and gruesomely melt his arms off. Even Shizuka had to internally wince at the thought of having the flesh from his own arms painfully stripped off by the gloopy slime. He suspiciously glanced to the mini-Shirudo on his shoulder with uncertain squint.

"You'd better not melt me, or I'll find some salt at the next sushi shop for you."

But he did not have time to converse any further. The enemy chuunin had sunk to a knee and, despite the excruciating pain he must be in, was apparently still undefeated. A few taunts were followed by the vengeful activation of a jutsu seal hidden on the man's chest: Shizuka guessed that it was highly dangerous just from observing the man's expression. Wasting no more time, the young Shinrai ninja perform several hand seals with even faster speed than before and activated his own jutsu in less than two seconds: [Sairentokatto].

"Assassin Technique: Silent Cut."

Finishing his hand seals by grabbing his right arm with his left in similar manner to how Kakashi had, Shizuka began closing the short distance with his excellent speed. A dull grey chakra had begun to throb in his arm, collecting in his hand and entering an altered state towards his fingers. Quickly, the chakra imbued within his arm took on a sharp effect and started vibrating as he ran. His target, as well as other onlookers, would begin to have troubles perceiving this right arm with the particularly perceptive also noticing the low humming sound that now accompanied the young leaf ninja. Without pausing, Shizuka thrust his arm forward with his fingers pointed straight - directly at his target's chest.

Shizuka pierced the man's chest, carving through the jutsu seal itself and penetrating his heart, killing the ex-chuunin instantly. Shizuka's arm had struck straight through the man's chest with the ease of greatly enhanced penetrative power, his arm actually elbow deep and his hand protruding out the otherside. Grimacing from the gruesome deed he had just forced himself to commit, Shizuka withdrew his arm tentatively. The blood from the wound he'd caused shed off from the vibrating arm and the vibrations consequently stopped as the chakra dispersed with the jutsu having been completed. He turned around to face Kakashi, a determined yet slightly queasy expression on his face.

KSMI KSMI Uncultured Uncultured

The boss of the gang dies spectacularly, death scream cut short, concousness lost to shock and lack of oxygen before death took the man, his body simping, then dropping to the ground at the edge of the cliff. What enemies remain on the field look in horror, before dispersing into the forest, dissuaded from further conflict at the loss of their leader, a man who had gained their loyalty through fear, not love or respect.

The platoon of Chunin, now safe, accumulate at the top of the mobile core around Kakashi, taking inventory of their wounds, along with a much needed breather as, for the first time in twenty minutes, there is no need for worry.

The couple, still down on the road, hiding in a bush, wave at the group from below, shouting their gratitude, eliciting responses from some of the more animated members of the platoon who shout back various forms of "you're welcome", "No problem" or "You owe me one" in one or two cases. They then melt off into the distance, returning home with their possessions, life and honor in tact.

"We don't have much time to waste"

"Rest up while you can"

Drones Kakashi, wandering to the edge of the cliff, watching the last few enemies dissappear, making sure that the group was safe from the attacks of any stragglers.

———

OOC

So yeah, any last actions from the fight before the enemy retreat, any closing thoughts, observations, words between new friends, victory speeches etc. Feel free to write whatever you'd like. I'll be advancing everything tomorrow at 5pm eastern US time.

While Katsuyoshi may have felt absent for a moment, he had actually severed his mind link with the other ninja on his team. That way, he only had the other missing nin they were fighting on his radar. Using his mind link, Katsuyoshi was capable of detecting where others were hiding by reading their thoughts, thus revealing their presence to him. While he was hidden, Katsuyoshi was preparing all the special hand signs he needed to use a special genjutsu on himself and consequently using them on the other ninja. He had noticed that the fight had all but been won, and this was simply crowd control.

Under the genjutsu, the scattered ninja must have seen the bodies of Katsuyoshi's team mates fallen at the hands of Big Yu and the boys. To them, it must have been like waking up to a bad dream, seeing their allies die in front of them only to return to the battlefield in a scenario in which they had won. In this illusion, the boss had a big smile on his face, congratulating the men as they looted the bodies of the ninja.

They all walked to the center of the forest where, Katsuyoshi, slightly aware of the genjutsu, tied a rope around the men while they were still in the trance before finally breaking it. At that point, Katsuyoshi revealed himself to the rest of the group, the bundle of missing nin dragged by a rope.

"i figured we could interrogate them." Katsuyoshi shrugged.

The drizzle, combined with the placidly warm weather made the atmosphere thicker than usual but still soft on the skin as the breeze passed. Two weary souls, assume their freedom, misjudge the distance between themselves and their fear of capture; or worse. Talking, quietly as if they believed their voices to be smothered by the pitter-patter of tiny droplets around them. Perhaps their glee of breaking away allowed them reprieve and ignorance, despite the unusual fog that slowly rolled in around them; preoccupied with silent celebration, the peculiar direction the mist took to envelop them going unnoticed. A shadow in the mist formed before them, blatantly revealing its presence as humanoid in stature; unimposing in height.

One of the two send out a guttural, croak of a ”Wh-Who’s there?” His voice catching in his throat when a deadpan gaze from left to right reveal there isn’t a lone figure escaping absolute recognition; seconds pass, one by one more shadows form. Carbon copies of the first. The color drains from both of their faces, a shiver takes them and their knees shake due to an uncertain future. It took one blink, then darkness overcame one of the duo; the other, who was left for a split second to witness this feat of speed and accuracy, heard a choke and a groan. A thud followed these noises, at his feet was a seemingly dead comrade; then his world too, went dark.

Thankfully, death had not beset them; instead, a lone Nin stand over them. Furious, dirty blonde hair a stark contrast to the dreary fog around him; a soft sigh leaving his chapped lips as he sheathes his blade, a hiss as metal met hard leather, drawn out until his hilt clapped against the brim of the sword’s resting place. The blonde, surely in his late teens, retrieved two sets of bindings; thick rope used to tie wrist to wrist, ankle to ankle. He took some time to remove any weapons and tools that they might be able to use to free themselves of captivity. Then, with minimal effort, hoists one of the unconscious stragglers over left his shoulder, and cradles the remainder under his right arm.

It would take him a few minutes, but eventually he would return to the mobile core, showing no worry when revealing himself to fellow Nin. He lightly sets the, still, incapacitated culprits down with the lot. His lavender hues absorb the situation, carefully; he looks over to Katsuyoshi, as well as the bundle of stragglers he had rounded up. His voice came out, sturdy but still showing hints of his younger age, “I believe this to be the last of the suspects,” his assessment awaiting affirmation from their operation leader or any Nin that had more certainty than himself, really.

Duwang Duwang

Uncultured Uncultured

Text Color Key:
Tama - Purple
Other - Red

Naoko Aoki
If the turquoise-haired woman hoped that her presence might bring a level of calm and rationality to the situation, she was sorely mistaken. Though she dared not look behind her, she heard the squeal from what was presumably the delicate lady from earlier, as well as the blonde's efforts to calm her down. In the midst of this fumbling and rather conspicuous display, both kunoichi's eventually regained a a degree of dignity and requested an update on the fight's progress, which had continued without them. “The battle is done. As for whether everyone’s ok, that is yet to be determined.” She responded, a dark gleam in her eye when she finally did risk turning back to look at the women in question, the bulk of her apprehension directed towards the somewhat more familiar short-haired woman. Had it been the chunk exams where they'd encountered each other, perhaps? There had been so many competitors, it was difficult to keep track of them all, but the leaf-din suspected this was why this one's face struck a chord in her mind. Turning back to observe the last of the hooligan's departing as their head honcho fell, she mulled over her words a moment before continuing.

“Lady Kotone, was it? Of course you can take a moment to, well, freshen yourself up so to speak. But I must ask…Are you certain that you are alright? Has our associate been completely forthright in what transpired?” Naoko asked as delicately as possible, wanting to ensure that the ingenue was truly ok without outright questioning the other woman's testimony. Of course, if it did in fact happen as the blonde said, it would be no doubt a tad embarrassing to both of them (and would explain their behaviour), but the kunoichi would be nothing less than thorough when it came to the well-being of her peers, even if it that entailed some discomfort and initial awkwardness. Before either of them had the chance to speak however, there was a rustling in the trees not far from them which quickly took precedence. Stepping to the side to better face the potential threat, the swords-woman's expression was grim even as the source of the sound proved to be a shinobi wearing the leaf-village band drew close. In most instances she'd welcome the additional company, if only so that she had someone to share this problematic dilemma with. But she could recognize those amber eyes and somewhat effeminate frame from a mile away, and it took a great deal of willpower to hold back the exasperated sigh she yearned to release.

Out of all the people to show up onto the scene, it had to be one of Konoha’s worst philanderer’s.

She had the unfortunate honour of knowing the heir to the Yamata clan since the Academy days, when he’d been in the year above her. Back then he’d just been a stubborn kid with a mouth, a bit aloof but otherwise unremarkable. Since then however, he had grown up to be a scornful prick. One who, from her observation, seemed to enjoy wasting women’s time by schmoozing up to them only to break their hearts because his fragile masculinity rendered him incapable of vulnerability and genuine connection… well, that was her hypothesis at least. Of course, plenty of people cut him slack because he lost his mom at a young age and supposedly had a difficult time dealing with the rest of his clan. It’s a great burden to carry, being the future head of a prominent shinobi family. Give him a few years, and he’ll straighten out one way or another, they’d say. But those excuses just didn’t cut it for her- everyone had a tough time at some point in their lives, even before the Nine-Tails attacked the village. That was life- you worked with the cards dealt to you and make the most of things. You certainly didn’t see every single person who ever had a rough go of things behaving like pouty children. On the occasions that Naoko and Kotori crossed paths she strived to be as genial with him as she was with her other fellow shinobi. But if his blunt demeanour was anything to go by, she got the sense he didn’t care much for her either. At least he was civil enough, usually.

Personal opinion’s aside, it was in this instance his lecherous reputation which gave the kunoichi cause for concern. Though she had not experienced being on a team with him before, she was uncertain whether he was capable of subduing his more unsavoury traits in the name of professionalism- she had her doubts. And while Naoko was barely acquainted with her female colleagues yet (And still was suspicious regarding the dark haired kunoichi's intentions), she would not allow either of them to suffer the antics of this aspiring Casanova. Least of all whilst they dealt with a compromising scenario such as this.

“You’re late, Yamata.” Naoko commented, subtly shifting her frame to block the man’s view of whatever was going on behind her. Glancing him over, she noted that he looked to be in a fouler mood than usual, but there were an infinitesimal number of reasons why he'd be cantankerous. Regardless of the reasoning, it was a hassle to have to walk eggshells around the man-child, but she knew that it would make the current predicament less troublesome to avoid his ire. “We found these thugs harrassing some civilians and were forced to intervene, but it appears that things have wrapped up. We’ve been given a moment of reprieve before we proceed to the springs, so perhaps it would be wise to inform our team leader of your arrival.” The woman continued, trying to keep the reproach she yearned to dole out of her tone. One couldn’t know whether the additional manpower would’ve made a meaningful impact on how things proceeded, but had this been a dire situation, his tardiness could have had lasting consequences. That wasn’t something she could simply blow off with nary a word, and she would find an opportune moment to get that message across. Unfortunately, that would have to wait though until this first matter was handled.

Scion Scion
KnightOfNight KnightOfNight
rennuelaw rennuelaw

Last edited:
Kotone slowly got up as she listened to the words of her fellow peer, well peers. The kunoichi slowly stood up as she took a moment to pull her kimono back into a more reasonable place, and removing some of the muck that got caught in her locks via many fanning gestures with the palms of her hands. She glanced towards the, well not as masculine but still sorta masculine, man and gave a brief nod of the head. "Yes, if I had to input my judgment here that would be the wise course of action. Nor would I particularly tarry about, as it is an issue of importance." Of course that statement did not reflect her nature of just, really wanting to be alone to clean up and not have to truly deal with things right now. Right now the courtier-minded wished for a moment to collect her thoughts truly and accurately and devise the best course of action for this situation. But that was probably not a thing she would be able to get to soon as she needed to address the questionings of her peer.

"Y-yes, it is Kotone if we wish to not utilize formalities. But by the indication of lady, I apologize if wrong, you might wish to be em more formal about it. If that is the case, Lady Shihashi would suffice. R-regarding the ehm, circumstances of my condition I can safely say I probably have bruises of some description given that I tend to well, my body does not take impacts all that well. On the matter of explanations, I, cannot state anything apart from an impact occurring after I had explained my situation to you before, as I do not have recollections of what had transpired apart from recent events which I very much wish not to discuss. I hope this is to your satisfaction."

clarinetti clarinetti rennuelaw rennuelaw KnightOfNight KnightOfNight

Users who are viewing this thread

Back