• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Shadow of the Empire - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

KilljoyJayy

Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
uaqJf9g.jpg

It is the year 3145. Humanity has spread across the galaxy and has colonized hundreds of systems and thousands of planets. While this spread was not always done in times of peace, the skies have not seen a massive war in over a century. Many now believe that war is a thing of the past, that we as a species broke free of the violence coded within our DNA. Many fewer believe that anyone can oppose the Vexx empire even if they wanted to.

Whilst humanity has blossomed under the rule of the empire, and most have benefited from the advancements made within, not everyone has benefited equally.

In the outer reaches of the empire, far away from Earth, crime and corruption run rampant. The empire soldiers are, at best, willfully ignorant of the countless planet mobs and gangs and at worst willfully complicit in their schemes. The further away one finds themselves from the core worlds the more these planets feel cut off from the empire’s presence. Most systems owe their loyalty to their system and keep up a façade of support for the emperor. While people born in these systems have the same opportunities as those born in the core worlds, this is often on paper only. Growing up here meant never knowing peace and tranquility, all they have ever known was backstabbing and bloodshed.

It's about to get so much worse for these systems.

The Empire has grown tired of crime and corruption spilling out of the outer realm. Their fleets are now enroute, carrying millions of soldiers to squash any resistance to the way of the empire, to burn out the decay that has beset these planets, and to rule with an iron fist. This mandate, and the ramifications to follow, have the people talking about open revolt and tensions remain high across the galaxy.

Amidst the backdrop of looming war, a glimmer of hope can be found. In the case of you, you will be stationed on board the USS Traveler, an older generation hyperdrive capable frigate. You will be one of the first vessels to use its hyperdrive for humanitarian missions. Your first mission will soon depart. Medical supplies are needed urgently on a new colony on the far edge of the Outer Arm of the galaxy. Will your presence on these remote worlds help stem the tide of the coming war? Or will your actions be lost amidst the bloodshed to come?

- - - - -

Hey! This will be the OOC thread of the story itself! Please keep all OOC conversations here and out of the IC thread :)

Last edited:
I don't have a specific character in mind yet, gotta surf around for some concepts and ideas.

Kusuri is under serious construction rn but I’ll let you know when she’s done

Questions for character-building purposes!
- Since the Traveler is one of the first ships sent on humanitarian missions, what's the context around its deployment? IE, is this something widely publicized and used in PR, or is it fairly under the radar? Have other humanitarian deployments gone well?
- Are the crew mostly volunteers, or is this the kind of assignment one might end up on as punishment/retaliation by a superior?

Gathering ideas for character motivation, so if there's anything else we/our characters would know about this mission, I'd be curious!

Questions for character-building purposes!
- Since the Traveler is one of the first ships sent on humanitarian missions, what's the context around its deployment? IE, is this something widely publicized and used in PR, or is it fairly under the radar? Have other humanitarian deployments gone well?
- Are the crew mostly volunteers, or is this the kind of assignment one might end up on as punishment/retaliation by a superior?

Gathering ideas for character motivation, so if there's anything else we/our characters would know about this mission, I'd be curious!
To the first part -

She is the first hyperdrive capable ship sent on these missions. The empire had long used these kind of missions as propaganda. They were not good missions, as these kind of missions were perfect targets for the various pirate factions. It’s still pr for the empire in the “we try to help but these pirates are stopping us” kinda deal. Our mission, and our ship, will be visibly, and frequently, used for the empires propaganda.

To the second point-

There could be a wide range of factors. They could be volunteers, they can be assigned, and they can end up here on the ship as a form of punishment. There may not be any visible reason for the arrangement of the crew .

I am liking the CS's thus far! I will work to get my own finished, lore and tech finished, and then I will look over them again :)

I’m not entirely satisfied with my char’s personality and bio section, will retract it for some rework for the time being.

Either personality or bio will go up today. On vacation so most of my work is being done at night or in the morning.

To the first part -

She is the first hyperdrive capable ship sent on these missions. The empire had long used these kind of missions as propaganda. They were not good missions, as these kind of missions were perfect targets for the various pirate factions. It’s still pr for the empire in the “we try to help but these pirates are stopping us” kinda deal. Our mission, and our ship, will be visibly, and frequently, used for the empires propaganda.

To the second point-

There could be a wide range of factors. They could be volunteers, they can be assigned, and they can end up here on the ship as a form of punishment. There may not be any visible reason for the arrangement of the crew .
Thank you! This gives me plenty to mull over while I'm supposed to be focused on work today.

Thank you! This gives me plenty to mull over while I'm supposed to be focused on work today.
Awesome!!

I am also working on finishing he lore and information today! I will be added the information to the WIP sections, will adjust my own CS, and I will then start work on the first IC post!!

Once everyone is finished with there CS please ping me so I can look it over and approve them!

My CS. Is finished. My character is more of a side-character/extra, but I'm happy to be here.

My CS. Is finished. My character is more of a side-character/extra, but I'm happy to be here.
I like it all the same. Your character is accepted with one minor alteration! In universe, mag boots are the tech (still need to add that into the lore section for tech). They function in a similar fashion, but mag boots are what we'll use on and around the ship.

Alright, I’ve finished working on my CS.

Same as above, accepted with minor alterations!

The only other peace of tech that I would add for both characters is the PCS device (portal communication and scan device) It is a small, rectangular piece of technology that is used to both communicate with the crew and help the crew when off ship by being able to scan objects, interpret air quality, etc. Again, this will go into the tech section once I have that finished!

Three day weekend means I will be working very hard to get everything translated and finished!!

Which planet is the agriculture/medicine planet?? It says Vellum, but I wanted to double check

Hey, I just wanted to pop in and say hello. I'll be making a marine character!

Question about medical personnel. Is Kusuri going to be the ONLY medically trained person on board, or will there be nurses and such and she’s just the head of the medical department.

Question about medical personnel. Is Kusuri going to be the ONLY medically trained person on board, or will there be nurses and such and she’s just the head of the medical department.
She would be the head of the medical team on the ship, however, the crew will be short staffed. If this was a full crew, she’d have 3-4 medics and 2 doctors under her wing. On our ship there may be only a singular medic, and marines with bandages.

In many aspects our crew will feel incredibly empty. Dangerously so!

Kusuri is officially done. Will add the mag boots in just a minute but other than that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back