• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Shadow King (MxF)

Mitheral

"Growf!"
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
This is a Beauty and the Beast type story.

THEN
HIM
HE was a giant in stature and intellect. He was the odd one. Jealous, his fellow student ridiculed him, bullied him. They did their best to make him feel small. It never really worked. He sullenly ignored their taunts. But all the abuse ate away at his soul slowly.

When graduation day came he took his diploma and departed for parts unknown. He sought higher education, an education in Things Man Was Not Meant to Know.

HER
SHE was the one who was ignored for the most part, the shy, invisible one. At least she wished she could be. On a good day she could move through the halls of their school unnoticed. On bad days the popular kids had their fun picking on her for her oddness. She was plain, average.

At graduation they actually forgot to call her name. She had taken all her classes. She eventually got the matter straightened out. But there were no apologies. She had no money to speak of. (I leave the rest of the details to you.) I am thinking she might be a goth or something.

TIME
In the past several years the town’s economy has suffered greatly. It is as though the town has fallen under a curse. (There should be enough of a time lapse to finish a college degree, maybe even an advanced degree. Ten years?) But people still maintain their illusions of beauty and perfection. But those are lies.

NOW
HE has returned. And with his coming a shadow has fallen over the town. The weather has become miserable, cold and wet. People’s lives have begun to break down. Some believe that HE has brought down a terrible curse on them. But he has returned wealthy and begun to buy up parts of the town. For one thing, he owns the bank - literally.

SHE - I leave details to you. But I am thinking that she lives a life of invisibility - literally if she so chooses. But she has also flowered. Gone is the plain girl.

Requirements
Literate, able to write in 3rd person, past tense
(Please don’t ask me how long a post should be. A multi page post can be as bad as a one liner. I typically manage a page+.)
You WILL need a decent CS complete with a pic or face claim.
Apply via PM. (I will be deleting any responses here.)

NOTE: I have intentionally left some of this vague. This will require some discussion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back