• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Shadow and Mephiles The Dark Brothers

Cosmo’s jaw dropped upon hearing Shadow’s description. “Can others of your species do the same!?” His explanation hadn’t done much to calm her nerves. Rather frankly, it had quite the exact opposite affect. If even with all of those powers Shadow was unable to go against the might of the Black Arms by himself, what did that mean for them? Worse than that, what could they do if there were others of his kind which could accomplish the same? She shuddered at the thought of an army of Shadows on their way to Mobius to rain destruction upon the tiny planet. What could they possibly do if that was the case then? Would there be not the slightest chance of victory in their futures?

No, Cosmo couldn’t afford to just simply give up, there was too much at risk. Even if it was an uneven battle, she’d keep on fighting against the odds. It was her duty as the last of the Seedrians to see it through that they be avenged. Even besides that, there were people still in the world of the living that she had to fight for. Cream and Vanilla had shown Cosmo great kindness In taking her in, she had to repay that in some manner. Upon remembering the two, her head suddenly jerked up in realization. What about Vanilla and Cream!? In just a day they’d be dragged into an intergalactic war of ginormous proportions, she couldn’t just let them be caught in the crossfire. Cosmo had seen enough bloodshed of her friends and family, she couldn’t bear to see such violence upon them any further. The girl looked over to Shadow as she pleaded, “Is there anyway we can ensure Vanilla’s, Cream’s, and Gemerl’s protection!? Where is the comet projected to land, do we have any means of defense or evacuation!?” As long as the two could be ensured to be away from the action then Cosmo could focus on the issue of the planet egg’s protection. Until then, the safety of her friends took top priority above all else.

"None from what I know and I don't know the landing spot. No. The others merely have simple mind control due to the lack of training and hell I recived." His voice was calm. Surprisingly calm.

Upon hearing Shadow’s reply Cosmo could only gave a hesitant nod in indication of her understanding. Unfortunately she wouldn’t be relived of all her worries as, while they thankfully wouldn’t soon be facing a whole army of metaphorical Shadow’s, her fears concerning the lack of information concerning the Comet wouldn’t be quelled. They had such little time to plan yet the consequences would truly be dire if they failed. How could a group as small as them even have the hopes of being able to stop an entire invasion?

Too caught up in her own stresses, Cosmo hadn’t even noticed the black hedgehog’s relaxed tone as she continued to fret. Seeing as Smoketrail hadn’t responded concerning the location of the Planet Egg, Cosmo could only hope that during the little time that Shadow had spent here, he’d just so happened to have stumbled across the item in question. The chances of such an event occurring were likely little to none but she was desperate. “Shadow, do you know where Mobius’ Planet Egg is!? It’s a large crystalline object with a galaxy-esque design in the middle. It’s imperative that neither the Black Arms or the Metarex find it before us!”

A wave of relief washed over the girl as soon as the confirmation left Shadow’s lips. Excited, Cosmo would give an equally small reply, blurting out, “Where!?” She was ready to search high and low for the gemstone as soon as she could. All Cosmo now needed was a set of directions and they could all be off.

Cosmo let out a gasp in shock. Immediately and without any sort of explanation she then threw herself to the ground, ear pointed right at the dirt. Closing her eyes, Cosmo crouched there quietly yet incredibly focused, the gentle breeze and chatter of animal life in the nearby forest the only sound that broke the silence between them. Suddenly her eyes popped out of her head as whatever she was doing had bore a response. Far below Shadow and Cosmo’s feet the latter could sense a gentle hum from the earth. It was the same hum that reminded her fondly of mother’s room and the power source she’d been attached to. Yet, it’s ring held a more natural sounding tone…if that made any sense. It was the song of flora and plant life of all manners that Cosmo had grown familiar with. As a Seedrian, it was a sound that only she had the gift of being able to hear. But, just from the quiet hum Cosmo was able to immediately tell what it was specifically. In a one and a million chance they were standing right atop the source of all of Mobius’ life. She almost couldn’t believe it. Pulling herself from the floor, Cosmo looked up towards Shadow “You’re right!” Her eyes sparkled with something that hadn’t previously been there. They sparkled with hope.

“I’ll ask Cream if she has any shovels!” The little seedrian quickly ran off back to the cottage, not even picking up on Shadow’s peculiar reaction. The black hedgehog would be left alone for a few minutes before he’d eventually catch sight of Cosmo once more with Cream following close behind, struggling to keep up with the shovels in her gloved hands. With a swift movement of her arms, Cosmo took the tools out of the little rabbit’s hands, giving one to Shadow and taking one for her self. Once Cream’s load was lightened, an expression of slight confusion graced her face as she looked for whatever it was they were supposed to be digging for. It seemed that Cosmo hadn’t remembered to actually explain what was going on to the young rabbit or even what they were digging up in the first place. Noticing the rabbit’s confusion, Cosmo went to draw a circle in the dirt with her foot, visualizing the location where she’d been able to hear the buried item . “The Planet Egg should be right under here, hopefully it isn’t too deep underground” Sinking the shovel into the Earth, Cosmo quickly went to digging, with Cream quickly joining her.​

As Cosmo continued digging through the Earth Cream would be the only one to notice Shadow walking away. Looking over to the focused alien, she’d quickly excuse herself to check up on the hedgehog. “I’ll be right back!” Scurrying over to the river side, she’d hesitantly inquire, “Are you alright Mister Shadow?”

Joining Shadow, Cream delicately sat on the grass beside him, taking a small glance back to where Cosmo continued to dig in search of…whatever the Planet Egg was. She hadn’t gotten much context as to what was truly going on so Cream simply had no other choice but to go with the flow of everything and hope for the best. Maybe after Cosmo dug up the Egg Cream would get the opportunity to properly investigate. That however would have to be saved for later as she looked back to the black hedgehog. Curious, she’d inquire, “What are you thinking about?”

Shadow sighed. "I...I don't like saying this often nor do I like using my black arm self but...my black arm half is killing my mobian self...for every ten minutes I use my black arm self I lose ten years of life...in other words i'm going to die in this fight..."

Smoketrail sat up and pulled her hoodie on before stepping outside. She looked at her phone, then to Shadow and Cosmo. She was hurt, Sonic said he'd call her and didn't. "Why do I have such a neglectful and distant brother..."

Smoketrail sighed, her palms glowed red and, although sonic made her promise not to. she burned narrow lines into her forearms, singeing the quills and toasting the skin beneath. Her father had always been the one to care for her when he was alive, but he'd died and left her with an ungrateful and neglecting brother.

Cream wouldn’t have any time to contemplate the grievous information that Shadow had given as he’d leave soon after, leaving the young girl in his dust. “Mister Shadow, wait!-“ Hurriedly, she’d rush after him, passing by Smoketrail on her path. It took a bit but eventually she’d be able to catch up with him, as she’d frantically block his path with her arms. “Don’t say that! I don’t want you to d-d-d“ She sniffed, salty tears already pooling in the corners of her eyes. But before she could say anymore, Shadow had already turned around and begun running back towards Smoketrail, having caught on to what the other Hedgehog was doing.

After digging, Cosmo would finally pull out a large gemstone. “This-this is the planet egg!” However, her excitement quickly vanished unpin smelling the scent of burned flesh. Looking around for the source, her eyes fell onto Smoketrail who appeared to be doing…something? Concerned, the seedrian made her way over as well.

Smoketrail repeated the same phrases over and over as she burned herself, "I hate myself" "Why doesn't my brother love me?" "I'll never be good enough" "This is all my power is good for" "Please just kill me"

Cosmo tightly grabbed hold of Smoketrail’s arms in an attempt to prevent further self harm, though burning her own hands in the process. Panicked, she could only blurt out “Please don’t say things like that!” As she held onto the pink Hedgehog.

Focused on keeping her hold on Smoketrail, she wouldn’t answer the young hedgehog. Instead, she’d slowly get onto the ground and In case her within a tight hug in order to further prevent Smoketrail from harming herself. Looking to where Cream was still left standing, the seedrian hurriedly ordered the girl to grab a first aid kit from inside. After a few minutes Cream rushed back with said object, pulling out bandages, petroleum jelly and cold water upon seeing the injury in question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back