• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Shadow and Mephiles The Dark Brothers

Cosmo stood there scratching her chin as she tried to imagine what sort of category of fighting she’d best fit into. None seemed to be all that truly appealing to the type of person she was. Cosmo mumbled below her breath, “I’m too clumsy to be a melee fighter…I’d just trip over my own two feet” Not to mention, the last session was clear cut proof she wasn’t naturally good at that sort of thing. But then what about energy? No, that couldn’t work, she didn’t have any sort of ability that’d allow for her to utilize energy in any manner that Shadow had described. “I guess I’m also not a support type then either…” What did that leave then? If Cosmo wasn’t any of those those types then she wouldn’t be some mix of them like Shadow either. Nothing seemed to be a good fit! Stumped, Cosmo gave a reluctant shrug, self conscious over being unable to answer even the simplest of questions.

Shadow looked back at Cosmo. "There is one more catgoery though it's not very comon. Spies. People who inflitrate enemy bases in disguises and gather intel and trust. They must be light on their feet and a good actor. Your light on your feet but what about acting?"

Shadow was rather right about her being quite light footed, maybe being a spy was the best option after all. She’d be able to avoid most forms of conflict while still being able to be of some form of use to Shadow in the fight against the enemies. Though concerning the other trait of a spy, Cosmo wasn’t all that sure. “Acting? I don’t think I’ve ever tried…” Would the Black Arms and Metarex even be fooled? The former race of aliens didn’t seem to have all that intelligent of an army, from what she’d seen they’d always been more of an ‘attack first, don’t ask any questions’ type of species. She couldn’t exactly act her way out of being torn to shreds. As for the Metarex? They likely already knew of Cosmo’s existence, considering she was the last survivor of her species. They’d likely quickly catch on to what was going on if she were spotted. Though, Cosmo reminded herself that would be the purpose of the disguise. But, that still brought about the question of whether she’d have the skills to act when in disguise.

"To act like a black arm just stay silent and walk around black slumped and head up. Then follow any and all orders given. That is for the low class ones high class such as myself are more inteillgent and harder to act like." He says.

“L-like this?” Cosmo worsened her posture to a deep slump, then extended her neck up and out. For some usually so stiff, forcing her body to appear naturally slack was surprising quite the struggle. But, she’d be able to manage, holding herself in the manner of a brainless zombie. Sure, without a disguise she’d be immediately spotted but with a good costume Cosmo supposed that she might be able to more or less blend in with the lower class Black Arms. She reverted back to her natural posture as she asked “How do the higher class Black Arms behave?”

"All behave differently. You had some like me who behaved like War Commandars. Always bossing the lower ones around and making sure they did their work and if not freezing them for 24 hours before dethawing them. Then you have some like Mephiles who are nicer to the lower class but still complete jerks to them Every once and a while helps them with a job. Then you have some who act like my dad which is the head of the place...I was heir to lead but my betrayal is gonna ruin that." He says.

“Mm…” Cosmo meticulously took in the information. “I would have to be more focused on the individual traits of the person I would be trying to imitate then”

The sudden explosion seemed to have scared Cosmo pretty badly, as on instinct she’d quickly crouch to the floor and cover her ears, curled up in a tight ball. Her body visibly shook in fear as she let out staggered shaky breaths.

Cosmo immediately stiffed from the sudden touch, nearly tearing herself out of Shadow’s arms as if she’d been grabbed by a total stranger. The girl was completely out of it, her eyes wide yet completely unfocused on what was going on around her. Even as Shadow placed Cosmo down on the porch, away from where she’d heard the explosion the young girl continued to curl in on herself and shield her ears, making her body take up as little space as possible. “Cosmo?” Cream would hesitantly reach her hand towards Cosmo but would bring it back to herself upon seeing the alien flinch away from her touch. Worried but still being respectful of Cosmo’s comfort, Cream could do nothing but sit by her, waiting for whenever Cosmo’s fit would pass.

After a while Cosmo began to relax, letting her hands fall away from her ears and she slowly untucked herself out of the tight ball she’d been in. Still, the girl held her head on her knees. She felt heavy, like it’d been filled with weights and dropped into the ocean. She felt sick, bile resting in her throat. She felt terrible, the worst she’d even could ever feel. She felt awful, just simply the worst. Why’d she have to overreact so horribly to something as meaningless as a loud noise? It hadn’t even been that loud, Shadow and herself were quite the distance away from it’s source so it shouldn’t have scared her so terribly. But it had done just that. No, Cosmo didn’t think ‘scared’ was strong enough to describe what she felt in that moment, there wasn’t anything that could. In that moment Cosmo had honestly and full heartedly believed that she was going to die. All the more reason for the pooling guilt inside of her, drowning the young girl in nothing but shame. Cosmo wanted nothing more but to stuff herself into the deepest hole in the universe and bury herself in it, letting dirt be thrown over her until her lungs became filled with nothing but soil and worms, and the weight of each shovelful of earth crushed her frame flat, all to hide Cosmo from the utter humiliation that infected her consciousness like a deeply rooted parasite.

She’d caused nothing but trouble for her friends. Smoketrail had been so looking forward to finally getting to train with Shadow and Cosmo had ruined it for them. But, it wasn’t too late. She could still salvage this. Against Cream’s protests Cosmo staggered back to her feet, swaying as if the wind could simply blow her away with a strong gust. But, she was up nonetheless. Step by step Cosmo eventually dragged herself back to Shadow and Smoketrail. Unable to look them in the eyes, she apologized, “I-I’m sorry, I won’t overreact again. I can still train”

"We're done for today. Seems the commet is closer than I thought...it was suppossed to arrive in 3 days but...it's ariving tomorrow." He said. The worry in his own voice obvious.

“The com-“ Cosmo’s eyes widened upon her realization. In absolute horror, she could only echo out Shadow’s words “We have less than a day before the Black Arms invade Mobius” She’d only been on this planet for two nights and already they had been following close behind. What could they even do in the little time they had left to prepare? This planet had no interstellar forces, no protection against intergalactic invaders. Even she would be of little help once they did arrive. No strength, no training, and no fighting prowess. She was about as useless as one could get. Because of her own weaknesses, many people were going to die once the dawn of tomorrow comes. With this bombshell of news dropped upon her, Cosmo could only spend the time left doing her best to aide in the aide of the planet’s protection.

With the utmost seriousness, Cosmo turned to the only local of the planet out of the three of them there. She’d likely know the most about this world than any of the rest of them. “Smoketrail, is the Planet Egg of Mobius protected? It’s of the utmost importance that the Black Arms don’t obtain it!” During her youth she’d learnt a little about the species before they invaded the colony, including that they typically conquered other planets for use as livestock. As little as the collection of the planet egg would align with the specie’s goals, they still nevertheless were partnered with the Metarex. So, even if the latter wouldn’t be invading the planet right alongside the Black Arms, it was entirely possible that the deal between the two of them included the Black Arms collecting the Planet Egg and giving it to the Metarex. Thus, Cosmo couldn’t take any chances when it came to the matter of it’s protection.

Upon hearing Shadow’s mention of his power that come from being apart of the Black Arms, Cosmo couldn’t help but feel curiosity bloom within herself even with as dire of a situation as they were in. And, she couldn’t help but feel a slight twinge of jealousy right alongside it. It was awful, she knew it was, but still the girl imagined what it would have been like if she had even an ounce of the power that the black hedgehog claimed to wield. Maybe with that power she would have had the strength to protect her loved ones, preventing the grisly fate which was now set into stone. Snapping out of that wishful thinking, she asked Shadow for further elaboration while waiting for Smoketrail’s answer regarding the status of the Planet Egg. “What is your “Black Arms Power”? What is it able to do?” As strong as it may be, Cosmo doubted that any sort of enhanced ability could stop an entire invasion all on it’s own.

Shadow looked at Cosmo his smile fading. "Well my appearnce changes slightly. My eye white only turns black but power wise I am able to copy other's ablites and use them 3 times, drain energy from others and add it to my own, and even regenrate lost limbs."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back