• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern severed ties

pasta

gogo dancer
chilled
Forced to face the truth
RULES

Scroll
3+ paragraphs
002 If you can't reply at least once a week, I wouldn't recommend joining because you’re going to hold us back. If you ghost for a week or longer, you’ll get kicked. PLEASE let me know if you’re leaving or busy because if you don’t, there’s a chance you’ll ruin the rp.
003 Read everyone’s post; it’s really obvious when you don’t
004 OOC is important as well as hcing/planning
005 NOT GHOST FRIENDLY
006 Realistic FCs
007 Not first come first serve

Plot

The friend group was tight-knit in primary and secondary school, only unraveling a few years after the group went off to different colleges. Their friendship was viewed as cultish by most of their classmates as they were often seen as secretive and mysterious. They had no real friends outside of their cult and spent most time hanging out at the dusty library.

There was a rumor that they had killed a classmate, Kim Myungsoo, during a winter vacation in their 11th year. Kim Myungsoo's body was thrown off a mountain pass during a winter storm; the body was covered by a thick blanket of snow turned to ice, and had only been found after the season started to thaw to spring. To this day no one has ever been convicted for his unfortunate death.

But what if the group had killed Myungsoo in cold blood as their classmates say? On a chilled, winter night, they took away the life of another classmate. The Academic, to be more specific, had pushed their classmate off the cliff, but the group was all present and had all taken part in it.

Myungsoo had wandering hands, often targeting the women in the friend group, and for some reason, no matter how many times they reported him, he never had any repercussions. So, they decided to take matters into their own hands -- murder. Of course, it wasn’t their first plan; they originally just wanted to “teach” him a lesson through excessive force. But, it didn’t go as planned when Myungsoo started screaming, calling them crazy, suggesting the idea that he may get them arrested. The Academic, panicked and shoved him. The roads were slippery and he fell back more than he should’ve, and he tipped over the edge. Myungsoo did not go down with ease, he fought the weight of gravity. His hands grasped at roots and dirt while a struggling noise emitted from the back of his throat before eventually falling to his death.

Min Hana, the weakest link of the group, couldn’t forget it. She took the events harder than anyone else. The only thing keeping her together was the bond between her and all her friends, so when college began, she started to wilt away. She was the only one who stayed in their province of Gangwon-do, while everyone else dispersed throughout the country. Most went to cities on the larger scale to follow their dreams or maybe to just get away from their haunting past.

Years passed and she was just a shell of her former self. She was more reserved than ever, and the charming twinkle in her eye had dulled. She hardly left her home, never spoke to anyone except the children she taught piano to. Her neighbors described her as reserved, but kind.

After a few days of not hearing from her and Hana missing their weekly family dinner, her mother grew worried. It was a horrible scene. For three days, Hana had been laying against the cold linoleum of her kitchen, dead. She had been murdered in the night days before her discovery. Unfortunately, no one has been convicted of the crime and her death remains a mystery. Though, the members of the old friend group believe her death may have to do with Myungsoo.

All of the old friend group has been contacted and asked to attend their dear friend's funeral.

So what happens when they have to confront their past as well as accept their friend's fate?

OOC

Hi! This rp will handle darker themes, and if you're not comfortable with that, I would respectfully ask you not to join. This is a detailed rp, and requires a lot of ooc and planning, so be sure to join the discord when it is made and stay active. I based this plot off of the books The Secret History by Donna Tart and Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki by Haruki Murakami -- it's a combination of the two (since i love both books dearly).

My best friend narancia narancia and I will be co-modding this rp together!

Below, you will find the roles! There are currently fives roles, 4 available. They're just quick descriptions to follow, so feel free to make them your own. Reminder that these descriptions are based off of how they were in school, so over the years they have may have changed and matured.

I do plan on adding more roles relating to Myungsoo !

Roles

The Academic - Smart, high standard, always had a distaste for “hippies/rebels” but was never one to express this outwardly, instead kept it on the downlow with a disapproving gaze, academics, rich, laid back, very loyal and truthful to his friend ground - male - pasta pasta

The Star Athlete - Natural born leader, athletic, cheery demeanor, great memory, always has a gum chewing grin, generally stuck to his close friend, The Academic (they were childhood friends), a bit of a moocher, loves honing in on people’s mistakes and faults - male

(STATUS DECEASED - NOT PLAYABLE) MIN HANA - Quiet, virtuous, beautiful/doll-like features, had a knack for teaching kids, has nervous hands, but those seems disappear when she’s playing piano, as the years went on and the group separated, she “whittled” away - female

The Charmer - Charming, gentlemen, kind, seen as like “the good boy of the group that all the mom’s liked”, has a specific interest that now relates to his job, Always feels like he needs to fit in, always finds himself comparing himself to others - male - narancia narancia

Thing 1 - Him and his twin sister were usually described as angelic in their appearance, Spontaneous and often doesn’t think about the outcome, he’s quick witted and sarcastic, but his humor is refreshing, doesn’t care what people think - male

Thing 2 - She is like her twin in the fact that they are both very alluring, however, she has a confidence that is sometimes mistaken for selfishness, she’s upfront and doesn’t old back, her and her brother were basically conjoined at the hip throughout school, but they’ve grew apart since then - female

The Hoiden - Cousins of The Star Athlete, The Hoiden, was the tomboy of the group; characterized by a boyish style, a shaggy pixie cut, a spot of dirt on her sunkissed nose bridge. She was probably the most positive and boisterous of the group, even after the murder. When away from the group, she could often be found in her backyard, trying to repair a motorcycle. She never ended up finishing that frustrating piece of work. Though she was rather tomboyish, from time to time, she enjoyed getting dolled up by the other women of the group. - female

PLOT
The friend group was tight-knit in primary and secondary school, only unraveling a few years after the group went off to different colleges. Their friendship was viewed as cultish by most of their classmates as they were often seen as secretive and mysterious. They had no real friends outside of their cult and spent most time hanging out at the dusty library.

There was a rumor that they had killed a classmate, Kim Myungsoo, during a winter vacation in their 11th year. Kim Myungsoo's body was thrown off a mountain pass during a winter storm; the body was covered by a thick blanket of snow turned to ice, and had only been found after the season started to thaw to spring. To this day no one has ever been convicted for his unfortunate death.

But what if the group had killed Myungsoo in cold blood as their classmates say? On a chilled, winter night, they took away the life of another classmate. The Academic, to be more specific, had pushed their classmate off the cliff, but the group was all present and had all taken part in it.

Myungsoo had wandering hands, often targeting the women in the friend group, and for some reason, no matter how many times they reported him, he never had any repercussions. So, they decided to take matters into their own hands -- murder. Of course, it wasn’t their first plan; they originally just wanted to “teach” him a lesson through excessive force. But, it didn’t go as planned when Myungsoo started screaming, calling them crazy, suggesting the idea that he may get them arrested. The Academic, panicked and shoved him. The roads were slippery and he fell back more than he should’ve, and he tipped over the edge. Myungsoo did not go down with ease, he fought the weight of gravity. His hands grasped at roots and dirt while a struggling noise emitted from the back of his throat before eventually falling to his death.

Min Hana, the weakest link of the group, couldn’t forget it. She took the events harder than anyone else. The only thing keeping her together was the bond between her and all her friends, so when college began, she started to wilt away. She was the only one who stayed in their province of Gangwon-do, while everyone else dispersed throughout the country. Most went to cities on the larger scale to follow their dreams or maybe to just get away from their haunting past.

Years passed and she was just a shell of her former self. She was more reserved than ever, and the charming twinkle in her eye had dulled. She hardly left her home, never spoke to anyone except the children she taught piano to. Her neighbors described her as reserved, but kind.

After a few days of not hearing from her and Hana missing their weekly family dinner, her mother grew worried. It was a horrible scene. For three days, Hana had been laying against the cold linoleum of her kitchen, dead. She had been murdered in the night days before her discovery. Unfortunately, no one has been convicted of the crime and her death remains a mystery. Though, the members of the old friend group believe her death may have to do with Myungsoo.

All of the old friend group has been contacted and asked to attend their dear friend's funeral.

So what happens when they have to confront their past as well as accept their friend's fate?

OOC
Hi! This rp will handle darker themes, and if you're not comfortable with that, I would respectfully ask you not to join. This is a detailed rp, and requires a lot of ooc and planning, so be sure to join the discord when it is made and stay active. I based this plot off of the books The Secret History by Donna Tart and Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki by Haruki Murakami -- it's a combination of the two (since i love both books dearly).

My best friend narancia narancia and I will be co-modding this rp together!

Below, you will find the roles! There are currently fives roles, 4 available. They're just quick descriptions to follow, so feel free to make them your own. Reminder that these descriptions are based off of how they were in school, so over the years they have may have changed and matured.

I do plan on adding more roles relating to Myungsoo !

ROLES

The Academic
- Smart, high standard, always had a distaste for “hippies/rebels” but was never one to express this outwardly, instead kept it on the downlow with a disapproving gaze, academics, rich, laid back, very loyal and truthful to his friend ground - male - pasta pasta

The Star Athlete - Natural born leader, athletic, cheery demeanor, great memory, always has a gum chewing grin, generally stuck to his close friend, The Academic (they were childhood friends), a bit of a moocher, loves honing in on people’s mistakes and faults - male

(STATUS DECEASED - NOT PLAYABLE) MIN HANA - Quiet, virtuous, beautiful/doll-like features, had a knack for teaching kids, has nervous hands, but those seems disappear when she’s playing piano, as the years went on and the group separated, she “whittled” away - female

The Charmer - Charming, gentlemen, kind, seen as like “the good boy of the group that all the mom’s liked”, has a specific interest that now relates to his job, Always feels like he needs to fit in, always finds himself comparing himself to others - male - narancia narancia

Thing 1 - Him and his twin sister were usually described as angelic in their appearance, Spontaneous and often doesn’t think about the outcome, he’s quick witted and sarcastic, but his humor is refreshing, doesn’t care what people think - male

Thing 2 - She is like her twin in the fact that they are both very alluring, however, she has a confidence that is sometimes mistaken for selfishness, she’s upfront and doesn’t old back, her and her brother were basically conjoined at the hip throughout school, but they’ve grew apart since then - female

The Hoiden - Cousins of The Star Athlete, The Hoiden, was the tomboy of the group; characterized by a boyish style, a shaggy pixie cut, a spot of dirt on her sunkissed nose bridge. She was probably the most positive and boisterous of the group, even after the murder. When away from the group, she could often be found in her backyard, trying to repair a motorcycle. She never ended up finishing that frustrating piece of work. Though she was rather tomboyish, from time to time, she enjoyed getting dolled up by the other women of the group. - female

RULES
001 3+ paragraphs
002 If you can't reply at least once a week, I wouldn't recommend joining because you’re going to hold us back. If you ghost for a week or longer, you’ll get kicked. PLEASE let me know if you’re leaving because if you don’t, there’s a chance you’ll ruin the rp.
003 Read everyone’s post; it’s really obvious when you don’t
004 OOC is important as well as hcing/planning
005 NOT GHOST FRIENDLY
006 Realistic FCs
007 Not first come first serve

Last edited:
Love the concept. Would love to play Thing 1. Already have a character idea ^_^

I'm so excited for this to take off :33::bishiesparklesl:
👀 Am interested
i......am 👁👁 interested...
Interested!! < 3
Love the concept. Would love to play Thing 1. Already have a character idea ^_^
LET ME INNN
ooc + cs
the discord will be made once the roles are finalized -- i think maybe idk, so chat amongst in the ooc !!!

We're still in need of the role "The Star Athlete" !
Extended time to complete the character will be given tt

would it be alright to suggest the thread to outsiders? I’m not sure if anyone would take me up on it since I’m only in one other thread currently, but I’d be happy to bring it up!!

I've been having internet connection issues for most of the day that's making it difficult to finish Areum's backstory. I will add it ASAP tomorrow (:

Hey, I’m new to this app so I’m not exactly sure how this all works, but this looks interesting if there are still roles available :)

Hey, I’m new to this app so I’m not exactly sure how this all works, but this looks interesting if there are still roles available :)
We have the star athlete open! Just make sure to read the rules before joining and if you have any questions feel free to ask in the ooc ^_^

i would love to be the star athlete! if its still free ofcourse!and if the other person doesn’t want it! :)

i would love to be the star athlete! if its still free ofcourse!and if the other person doesn’t want it! :)
This rp isnt first come first serve so you can apply for the role! Pasta and I will be going through the cs's and approving them! Just make sure to read the rules in the original post in this thread before joining :closed eyes open smile:

This rp isnt first come first serve so you can apply for the role! Pasta and I will be going through the cs's and approving them! Just make sure to read the rules in the original post in this thread before joining :closed eyes open smile:
yes!! awesome, i think i have the perfect fc for him too :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back