• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern severed ties ooc

Characters
Here
i feel like i'm writing a novella with this backstory i am so sorry y'all (ノД`)
this is a CHORE to read and write through i hate that i'm making it this long. willing 2 write a tl;dr for anyone who can't be bothered to read jahfkjdshj

this is a CHORE to read and write through i hate that i'm making it this long. willing 2 write a tl;dr for anyone who can't be bothered to read jahfkjdshj
Excited to read 🤩

I am!! I recently had surgery & am trying to recover, so I don't know if it's very possible for me, but I will still be aiming to get a character up before the deadline!! < 3
Oh I hope your recovering well! <3 I appreciate you still checking in! If you can't get your cs in by the deadline, I'd be willing to extend the date for you but I would just have to talk to pasta about it. ^_^

I understand! A lot can happen in 26 - 27 years especially considering the plot lmao
Also it's hard not to write a long ass bio cuz there's a lot you can get into/talk about. You don't have to make a tldr if you don't want to. If you need help shortening it, I can give you some advice? :kissopeneyes: Btw if you don't mind me asking, how long is it so far?

I understand! A lot can happen in 26 - 27 years especially considering the plot lmao
Also it's hard not to write a long ass bio cuz there's a lot you can get into/talk about. You don't have to make a tldr if you don't want to. If you need help shortening it, I can give you some advice? :kissopeneyes: Btw if you don't mind me asking, how long is it so far?

oh no i'm super willing to write a tldr if anyone wants one!!!! (*^^*)
if i get accepted i'll probably do it just to save everyone the trouble,, since i just got carried away going into her thoughts to try and characterise her better! honestly more worried that it's tedious to read than anything, so if you have any opinions on that that would be lovely (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)

whatever is up is whatever i've done, and it's nearing 3000 words atm 🥲 hate myself for writing that much even when myungsoo hasn't been MENTIONED so i might really just keep a bunch of this for my own notes on her rather than leave it in (/ _ ; ) would it be better for me to focus on her time in school instead !

oh no i'm super willing to write a tldr if anyone wants one!!!! (*^^*)
if i get accepted i'll probably do it just to save everyone the trouble,, since i just got carried away going into her thoughts to try and characterise her better! honestly more worried that it's tedious to read than anything, so if you have any opinions on that that would be lovely (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)

whatever is up is whatever i've done, and it's nearing 3000 words atm 🥲 hate myself for writing that much even when myungsoo hasn't been MENTIONED so i might really just keep a bunch of this for my own notes on her rather than leave it in (/ _ ; ) would it be better for me to focus on her time in school instead !
Damn 3000?? :o
Yea I think it would be best to shorten that somehow and save the original in notes or something. It can be hard to read/ remember when you're given too much info ya know? Lmk if I'm wrong about this but just don't get caught up in the small details. I think it's best to just stick to a few major events, like a Wikipedia article describing their life.

My bio is 785 words with a couple paragraphs talking about how he developed his personality and the Myungsoo event. Also remember that we can learn a lot of info from your character through rping in the ic thread! Not everything needs to be packed into the bio, especially considering the size of your cs

Damn 3000?? :o
Yea I think it would be best to shorten that somehow and save the original in notes or something. It can be hard to read/ remember when you're given too much info ya know? Lmk if I'm wrong about this but just don't get caught up in the small details. I think it's best to just stick to a few major events, like a Wikipedia article describing their life.

My bio is 785 words with a couple paragraphs talking about how he developed his personality and the Myungsoo event. Also remember that we can learn a lot of info from your character through rping in the ic thread! Not everything needs to be packed into the bio, especially considering the size of your cs

yeah i see what you mean (/ _ ; ) i'm just way too used to writing lengthy bios i guess aaaa

will probably do some heavy cutting tonight while finishing up everything related to myungsoo, and hopefully it'll be a shorter read by then ٩( 'ω' )و thanks for the advice!

i just want to let everyone know that myungsoo was never a friend of the group. he was just a dude who was known around the school for being scummy. he probably had some interest in the group since it’s so tight knit and probably bothered them. i don’t think the group would try to kill one of their friends ever, they probably would’ve exiled them and that be it.

yeah i see what you mean (/ _ ; ) i'm just way too used to writing lengthy bios i guess aaaa

will probably do some heavy cutting tonight while finishing up everything related to myungsoo, and hopefully it'll be a shorter read by then ٩( 'ω' )و thanks for the advice!
Np, and good luck!

3,000 is for when I get absolutely absorbed into my writing for like a huge scene or something xD

i don’t know if we’ll have all the roles filled by the deadline :/ may need to extend it and bump the thread

i don’t know if we’ll have all the roles filled by the deadline :/ may need to extend it and bump the thread
I'm planning on making a cs for the Hoiden, since I believe that's the one role missing!! I'm hoping to get her done soon & was gonna put up a place holder since I finally found a fc I liked!! (: < 3

update
update: may need to bump the thread and extend due date (for the role specifically) bc it looks like the star athlete role may not be filled 😢

I'm planning on making a cs for the Hoiden, since I believe that's the one role missing!! I'm hoping to get her done soon & was gonna put up a place holder since I finally found a fc I liked!! (: < 3
im really looking forward to seeing how she turns out 💙💙💙💙

Tysm for that! Can't wait to see her ^_^

I know the feeling ;-;
Writing and coding are fun but can both be a pain. When I first started writing Nam-ji's personality I couldn't think of anything!! I had to take a break so my brain wouldn't explode :closedeyescryingfrown: Coding is a little bit easier cuz I can sketch out what I want to make but doing trial and error to see if it works can be annoying too :deadopenmouth: It makes the payoff alot more satisfying though! :closed eyes open smile:

Writing and coding are fun but can both be a pain. When I first started writing Nam-ji's personality I couldn't think of anything!! I had to take a break so my brain wouldn't explode :closedeyescryingfrown: Coding is a little bit easier cuz I can sketch out what I want to make but doing trial and error to see if it works can be annoying too :deadopenmouth: It makes the payoff alot more satisfying though! :closed eyes open smile:
Yeah totally, I had a much peppier version of Seulbin in mind but then I spent (way too long) working on the CS's aesthetics and started going feminine gothy vibes and so then I had to work her backstory to match and then her personality @_@ etc etc

Yeah totally, I had a much peppier version of Seulbin in mind but then I spent (way too long) working on the CS's aesthetics and started going feminine gothy vibes and so then I had to work her backstory to match and then her personality @_@ etc etc
ugh that's rough
I used to do that all the time and it made the process a lot longer than it should have been :-_-lines:
It took me writing nam-ji to realize that getting the writing done before the code is a lot easier for me. Aesthetics wise with coding, I usually have an idea in my head or I base it off of the images I have of my fc.
At least we both have our characters done now, so we don't have to worry about that for a bit ^_^

1090 word bio babyyy
i still have personality stuff to do but i might wait until tomorrow to completely finish that

reminder: CS sheets are due by the end of tomorrow !

update: may need to bump the thread and extend due date (for the role specifically) bc it looks like the star athlete role may not be filled 😢
you could and then give that person an extension to the deadline.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back