• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Setting Summer Dawn

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
29adc72533771e23cb0099077ba81e03.png

Mentions: Feyre Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow , Everyone in the room (not by name) LazyDaze LazyDaze Zazz Zazz Goonfire Goonfire mothspit mothspit Flutterby Flutterby
Interactions: Marillene SilverFlight SilverFlight
full

Spotted. It was all over. After all the effort of getting this close to the mansion's window, a mere moment of distraction on his part had allowed himself to be spotted. His delayed reaction more than ample time for Feyre to notice his movements. As it presently stood, Azael's stealthy approach to the mansion had all been for naught; a fruitless endeavour as his presence was exposed to the woman standing guard; her icy blue eyes locking with his own Emeralds. Just like a deer caught in headlights, Azael's body had begun to tense up at the realisation of his troubles.

In this regard, Azael was his own worst enemy; the assumption that the worst possible outcome would occur had always seemed to cross his mind. Would the Cyndaran woman reveal his presence here to the group inside? Would they then react by chasing him out? Would they kill him for overhearing about the bell?. To expect otherwise was indeed quite difficult, after all a group of free Cyndarans was not a common sight in Summenna, it was entirely possible that these individuals were of the 'seedier' nature and perhaps wanted criminals. It would explain how they were not bound in chains.
A slight rustle from further down had caused Azael to panic, the sound of a blade slicing through the flowers being whispered among the sound of chatter coming from the inside. Guard raised, Azael quickly turned to face the sound of the blade; his world shattering as he saw the form of a young troll girl working her way through the flowerbed, large scissors in hand as she trimmed her way towards him. Had she been told of his presence here? Was that why she was in the garden? No.. it couldn't be. It was simply too quick a coincidence for the troll girl to have been told, likewise considering how she looked and what she held, she had been in the garden for an entirely different reason.. though regardless of what it was it still posed him problems...

... Hang on a minute... this was not an obstacle.. no, rather this was an opportunity. An opportunity so fortunate that it had to have been the gods themselves that had created it. Heart beating faster, Azael instead of running at the arrival of the troll girl had instead remained planted to the spot, mind drawn towards his current predicament and how best to proceed. Naturally, his first thoughts were about the fortuitous circumstances he now found himself in.

Was it lord Summrbrynde who had shown mercy towards the feline creeping in the flowerbed, the god of light blessing Azael with good fortune and a second chance ,or was it perhaps Cyndabrynde intruding upon Sumenna; the goddess showing her love and favor towards one born in the darkness of her creation. Whichever deity it was that had blessed Azael, the skin changer knew only that he was grateful for their interference, the arrival of the young troll girl bringing with her opportunity beyond what Azael could have potentially conjured himself. She was the opening he needed, the free access towards the treasures hidden within Gideon's mansion. Azael had to play this right, he had to nail the performance in order to progress further towards his goal. Inwardly, he sighed. Azael never really enjoyed playing the part of the innocent cat conman; his pride never fully able to accept it. Alas, you had to do what you had to do and the prize of the Dragon Bell at the end of this arduous task was more than enough to convince him to commit to the role. He was a professional after all.

Like the actor before the show, Azael mentally prepared himself for the performance; the feline taking a few steps backwards to both buy the time to prepare, as well as appear to be reacting naturally to the sudden appearance of the troll girl now standing between himself and the window. Eyes never tearing away from Marillene, Azael fully committed to the 'cat character', the boy slowly easing his way forwards to the outstretched hands; the strong scent of flowers radiating from each palm. Closer and closer he slowly approached, all the while appearing to be innocently inquisitive of the troll girl, front shoulders lowered as the fur on his back rose ever slightly; neck elongated forward as he continued to sniff the air; eyes still locked onto those of Marillene's."Mreow" he noised softly, continuing to commit to this facade. If he was to gain entry into the mansion, he'd need to convince her to bring him inside. Goal firmly established, Azael took a couple more steps forward; his slow and easy advance still allowing him time and space to run if needed though he hoped he did not need to.

If all went according to plan, she'd be his route into the mansion.

Iolas could not help but laugh when Desrick and Crispin responded to his jokes, for they were both right. He mererly answered both of them with a vague "Indeed." In the meantime he was happy that Ora, who still seemed a bit perturbed was making an effort to climb out of her previous state. As she thought, she was a smart woman and the conversation between them needed few words. Iolas was fully dedicated to Everreach at some point in his life. Those are his origins, and those run deeper than anything else. Despite the drastic phases of his life his appearance is enough to foster resentment. Even now, it was this new woman, Feyre, who looked at him like an outsider, a murderer. It was the same look he received from Desrick, Ora, and the others. The only thing worse than that was that he deserved their scorn. He had killed so many people, held prejudices, and hated their kind at some point in his life, and only the gods knew who met their end at his blade during the time of his blinding rage. Every now and then he could see their faces, frozen in death. Those images flashing at the most inopportune moments. However, just as he had instructed Ora, he knew it was important to fight through these things. Maybe they knew it, maybe they didn't, but the reason he always smiled was because he never wanted to.

Flutterby Flutterby SilverFlight SilverFlight (Mention Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow Sparrow)

Iolas raised an eyebrow when Crow cut in to announce a discovery. Knowing Crow, it would exceed expectations. He always seemed to be dabbling in something. Admittedly, Iolas did not think much of him at first, but he had become quite dependable and entertaining. As they entered the solarium Iolas maintained his composure. He could sense that many were uneasy, or antsy at the very least. He chuckled at Crispin's comment only because he was about to say the exact same thing. Their interactions were brief, but Iolas was already fond of him. That was when he saw the first light. He couldn't control the initial thought of being in the afterlife...the mind was a peculiar thing after all. It was reminiscent of the lantern like bugs that would often surround him in Cyndara. It was strange, but he often found himself missing Cyndara just as much as he had missed Sumenna. Then his eyes adjusted. It was a glowing plant...but it was Sumennan was it not? Pyrrhus confirmed his thoughts as the solarium became filled with plants that took on the Cyndaran nature.

Iolas didn't say a word, instead he watched the reactions of everyone else. He glanced at Feyre again. He didn't forget the threat, or warning, she made earlier. Actually...he thought it was amusing. Magic was always troublesome, but her display of shadow magic at the very least removed the element of surprise. However, he decided not to linger on her for too long, not while they were in a room encased in darkness. You never know, she could have the temperament of Azaria and behead him here...but challenging her was a little tempting to say the least. During this event Iolas couldn't help but be reminded of the crystal that sucked all of the light out of the ballroom. There was no direct link here, but the two events seemed to be connected somehow. Nevertheless, Iolas turned theories over in his head while everyone else took it all in. He snapped out of his trance when Ora spoke since he remembered the trip to the library as well as the playwright. He was surprised about their being similar works in both countries, but after giving it some thought it was obvious, given that Pyrrhus' and Iolas' shared interests in the arts. It was as if someone was pulling a curtain to reveal the sunlight...or more appropriately...starlight?

Iolas held back a sarcastic comment when Feyre decided to leave. If they were going to be traveling together then he would have ample opportunity to earn her ire; however, he looked toward Crow with a devious smirk once they were given permission to do whatever they wanted. "Mr. Rooster, Iolas started purposely as he often did. Come with me, I want to go on a shopping trip, and I need a favor."

Flutterby Flutterby SilverFlight SilverFlight Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow Goonfire Goonfire

The others wore expressions most appropriate for the occasion: those of shock and awe. Adding onto the revelation, Crow decided to share a certain theory that was in the works. “Given the perpetual sunlight on this side of the continent, it doesn’t surprise me that nobody noticed the similarities among the flora.” He approached the Drin’Astara once more, running a finger along a thin, low-hanging branch. “That leads me to wonder why the flora adapts to the darkness. There must have been a need, at some point in time, which makes me consider the possibility of a light-and-dark cycle that ceased before we kept written records. What caused it, though? A disagreement between the gods, perhaps?”
SilverFlight SilverFlight Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow Zazz Zazz mothspit mothspit LazyDaze LazyDaze Phayne Phayne Flutterby Flutterby

Had Iolas not interrupted him, the inquisitor likely would have devolved into rambling off every possible theory for and against the existence of a day-night cycle. Luckily, that wasn’t the case, and he turned to face the high elf with narrowed eyes and raised eyebrows. “A shopping trip? Only if you’re paying for it,” he dryly joked. “Now, what sort of favor requires this rooster’s expertise?”
LazyDaze LazyDaze

Gideon lead the way from the solarium.
"It looks like I have my work cut out for me. I will take my leave, Desrick, I will need you later. You know the most about the orcs I will be relying on what you can tell me."

"Gideon! Gideon!" Marillene suddenly came bouncing up to them. Azael still bundled in her arms like a baby. "I can keep this cat can't I?"
Gideon and Desrick both looked down at the black and white creature. Desrick furrowed his brow, but ultimately, the cat looked like a cat, and nothing more.
"I suppose you may, as long as he cares to linger, just make sure he doesn't belong to anyone else. Tell the cook I sent you, get him a bit of ham from the pantry."
Phayne Phayne

"Well! I could use some sparring practice." Crispin announced happily. "If there are going to be orcs in Dwerstand, it's a sure thing we'll not leave without having to fight someone. Anyone interested?" @ anyone who wants

Pyrrhus went to find Crow after their unusual demonstration. He found the inquisitor just in time to hear Iolas ask him into town.
"Well, have fun then you two." Pyrrhus said almost a little regretfully. "But, not too much fun." He added with a sly smile.
"I suppose I'll amuse myself about the gardens."
"You could help me get some food for Sir Paddy Paws!" Mari chimed in.
"Oh, is that what we're calling him?" Pyrrhus asked with a smile.
"Or Mr. Socks. I can't decide!"

Zazz Zazz mothspit mothspit Phayne Phayne Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow Flutterby Flutterby LazyDaze LazyDaze Goonfire Goonfire

29adc72533771e23cb0099077ba81e03.png

Mentions: Everyone in the room (not by name) Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow LazyDaze LazyDaze Zazz Zazz Goonfire Goonfire mothspit mothspit Flutterby Flutterby
Interactions: Marillene SilverFlight SilverFlight
full

Azael watched the halls of the mansion pass by him like a blur, the skinchanger presently bundled up in the arms of the young troll girl; her grip somewhat tight around his body, yet not so much so that he couldn't wriggle free when the time came. The infiltration however had been a resounding success, this young member of the household providing him with a free pass to the inner sanctum of this potential treasure trove of nick knacks. Now nobody could question his presence here when he begins his pilfering.

"Gideon! Gideon! I can keep this cat can't I?"

Azael turned to face Gideon, the man of the mansion occampanied closely by an Orc, his presence somewhat unsettling for Azael; though that was the same feeling he always had whenever he came this close to an Orc. Say Yes.. Say yes and watch your valuables slowly become mine taunted the inner voice of Azael, eyes returning to Gideon; as he purred. Aside from Desrick, Azael took note of everyone else still in the room, his main concern being the Centaur; whom he knew for a fact he'd be unable to outrun. The elves, on simple face value; Azael was overconfident that he could outrun them, when the time came to flee.

"I suppose you may, as long as he cares to linger, just make sure he doesn't belong to anyone else. Tell the cook I sent you, get him a bit of ham from the pantry."

Success. Now Azael just needed to find a chance to break free from Marillene's clutches; though there was no real rush. All things considering, if there was free food to be had; he was by no means going to shun the hospitality offered, so instead of wriggling free, he merely allowed himself to be babied, watching as the other unsuspecting individuals began to do their own things. A mistake he'd soon regret.

"You could help me get some food for Sir Paddy Paws!" Mari chimed in.

Azael's ears suddenly twitched, his current carer putting an end towards any notions of being able to freely escape her grasp as she brought him food. She just had to invite the Centaur. That however was not the reason for the twitching, no.. it was something for more mortifying that had caused his heart to freeze and his world to momentarily pause. 'Sir Paddy Paws?!... shouted Azael internally,'Sir Paddy Paws?!?!?! his face remaining neutral as he battled with every fibre in his body to remain in character. The internal struggle was real and stronger then ever with this performance, the level of patience and resolve demanded to succeed in his endeavour pushing him towards his upper limits. A limits that this young troll girl was at risk of breaking through. Keep calm Azael... its just a name.. your doing this for the dragon bell.. he told himself. To little success...

"Oh, is that what we're calling him?" Pyrrhus asked with a smile

'No! No! No! This is most definitely NOT what we are calling me! replied Azael to the Centaur, though it was only in his head, a soft 'mreow' escaping his mouth instead. As before, Azael's expression remained indifferent to the suggestion; though he did tilt his head to the side, his gaze shifting over towards Pyrrhus. Facial expression aside, Azael could not hide the displeasure lingering in his eyes, two emerald gems staring straight at the Centaur as if to say, "Don't you dare encourage her!". If looks could kill...

"Or Mr. Socks. I can't decide!"

Oh Goddess Cyndabrynde.. have mercy..this girl will be the death of me... Quite literally every inch of Azael wanted to scream out in defiance, to silence the young troll girl before any of these names had the chance to stick; thoughts towards what the denizens of the 'NightReach' would think if they ever caught wind of this. He'd never be able to live with the embarrassment and humiliation; the notorious Azael Furpaw of the NightReach reduced to 'Sir Paddy Paws' or Mr. Socks.. '. Sir Paddy Paws of the NightReach. Oh the shame. If it wasn't for the potential of acquiring the Dragon Bell for himself as well as additional souvenirs laying about courtesy of Mr Gideon, then Azael would have called it quits. He'd have scampered straight outta here, never to be seen again. Alas the allure of this dragon bell was far too great. He'd have to persevere.

Do it for the bell.. do it for the bell.. Azael began his mantra...

Lohrithe was awestruck by the light of the plants in the solarium. It was just like home. He couldn't help but reach for Desrick's hand. "It's... it's amazing," he breathed, dark eyes wide. He listened to Crow's theories and nodded along. There had to be something bigger, something that had happened long ago. Where did their crystals come from, anyway? And know that they had seen both kinds... Were the light crystals in Cyndara really a gift from Cyndabrynde, or were they from Summerbrynde? Why must their worlds be so separated?

He was still in a thoughtful daze when they left the solarium and Mari came along with what seemed to be a cat. "Sumenna has... murrpauen, as well," he observed, forgetting the common word for cat. He came forward to meet the creature, black as night, and give his ears a gentle scratch. "Hello, murrpau."

Iolas was somewhat pleased with himself after Crow agreed to come with him. Not because he was met with little resistance but because he too realized he had saved the entire mansion from a rambling so intense that storms would be jealous. "You will see when we get there," Iolas said jovially as he held in a chuckle when Crow mentioned payment. The truth was, there wasn't just a single reason Iolas felt the need to speak with him. Like Iolas, this little venture had many layers as to its actual purpose and It would just be easier to fulfill that purpose as opposed to explaining it. Pyrrhus came up to the strange duo and wished them well. Iolas studied Pyrrhus to see if he held in resentment toward him. To be honest, Iolas was still a bit uneasy around him after the events that took place at the ball. Pyrrhus was a forgiving creature, but that just made things worse. Putting that aside Iolas could tell Pyrrhus wanted to go; however, Iolas would have to leave him behind on this "special" mission.

"Silly centaur, we are as straight-laced as they come," Iolas said as he flashed a mischievous smile before turning to Crow once again. "Come now Mr. Rooster, while the day is still young."

Iolas' smile faded when he noticed the cat however...suddenly happy that he decided to leave when he did. "And not a moment too soon," Iolas whispered to himself before leaving the mansion.

(Will continue in firelight!)

Goonfire Goonfire SilverFlight SilverFlight Phayne Phayne

Trileon took in everyone's respective input in regards to the plantlife of the solarium. If anyone here knew anything about them, it was she, acclaimed Forest Mother with her herbs and potions. She worked with plants like this, and even if most of the flora and fauna in Summenna was foreign to her, she knew enough. Enough to decipher each plants unique properties and how to combine them. Having left Azaria's side, she ran her fingers over the glowing petals, her mind slipping into a deep thought. The plants had the same origins? But how was that possible? She looked to Crow with a furrowed brow, his comment about the Gods striking her. From her perspective, that's.. how things happened. Cyndabrynde was a caring, loving goddess, and her brother crude and jealous. From the way they tell it, it's her brother who is the false god, and Summennans seem to believe the contrary.

"I believe.. you might be partially correct," She explained to Crow, "We Cyndarans.. that is what we believe. The Summer King, fueled by jealousy and rage, scorched his sister with his light until she was forced into the darkness."

She spoke thoughtfully, mulling over the implications of the tale while rubbing the glowing leaf of a flower, "..But.. for what reason? For what reason did he have to be so cruel?"

SilverFlight SilverFlight Zazz Zazz Goonfire Goonfire

Last edited:
"I don't know if we will ever puzzle out the decisions of the heavens," Ora said to Trileon. "But, you should know the Sumennans speak of Summrbrynde as a gracious creator, carving a place for his people out of the darkness that the mystlands sprung from. You won't find tales of his cruelty here. I'm sure that there is truth there somewhere, in both tales, but.. how to find it, we may never know." The dwarf looked a little sad at this, but the spell had been broken as light flooded in.
mothspit mothspit

Ora watched their newest companion leave with a smirk and a somewhat lame excuse, trying not to be bothered by it. She didn't miss the brief stop by Lohr, but ultimately decided it wasn't worth worrying about when it seemed to be friendly enough.
She wasn't sure what to do next, and watched quietly as Gideon began to lead the way out. It sounded like Iolas was inviting someone out- it took a moment to register that it was another bird joke. She didn't feel much like public, and it seemed to be a private outing anyway.

Ora turned in time to see precious Mari approaching with a new friend. Ora stifled a chuckle- she wasn't much for animals without purpose, but the happiness on the troll's face made her feel warm inside. She stepped forward shortly after Lohr, and peered down at the creature with small smirk.
"The word you're looking for is cat, Lohr," She said softly. The dwarf didn't reach out a hand to touch it- she didn't particularly like the way the cat looked over at Pyrrhus. "He may want to be back on his four paws soon, Mari," She said kindly, before moving along.

She approached Crispin, greeting him with a smile.
"I've still got work to do. Someone in our party has requested a gift to be made, and I want to get it finished before.. before we leave for Dwerstand. But.. I'll find you later, okay?" Ora reached out and gave his hand a small squeeze, before turning to head back to the forge. She had more notes to make, and a gift to start on.
SilverFlight SilverFlight Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow Zazz Zazz Phayne Phayne LazyDaze LazyDaze Goonfire Goonfire

Last edited:
The days passed quickly in the safety of Gideon's house. They had ample time to rest and once Pyrrhus was healed he made sure his powers were used on everyone that needed them. The centaur played his lute every day, pouring his magic through it, bolstering happiness and speeding recovery.
Gideon had horses brought especially, and packed supplies on each.
"Faster than a caravan, and the road to Dwerstand is empty enough that a cloak will hide our more exotic friends."
Pyrrhus had asked for imitation cuffs. After the events at the ball, hehe did not wish to use the authentic ones again. Gideon couldn't blame him for it. Therr were still things that needed to be said about it, but it wasn't Gideon's place to interfere.

The horses milled about the stable yard now, saddled and itching to get on the way. For Oralia Gideon has purchased the finest halflinger pony, with a honey-coloured coat and a white-gold mane.
Desrick was given a towering Percheron, limbs like young trees and a girth that would rival the riding boars back in his clan. The beast was a dappled grey and gentle as a lamb. The orc stroked the gelding's nose comfortingly as he waited for the others.

Pyrrhus had his own bags. He had made them himself, of thick linen, strapped with leather and covered in oiled canvas to keep them dry in the rain. Contained were the remainder of the sweets Crow and Iolas had bought them, his paper, quills and ink, and a brand new copy of "The Complete works of Akiamore". His brand new jacket he wore, beaming proudly.

"Are we all set then?" He asked them brightly.

Flutterby Flutterby Zazz Zazz LazyDaze LazyDaze Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow Goonfire Goonfire mothspit mothspit Phayne Phayne

Ora enjoyed the rest of the time at Gideon's. She had never stayed with him for such a long stretch before; this time she was able to get to know the woman who was her maid, and show a few things to the smiths in his employment. Not too many things, she wanted to keep his business, but enough for them to admire her and forgive her for kicking them out of the forge. She spent time with Crispin when she wasn't working, but that wasn't much. By the end of the week, she had completed what Gideon had asked for, plus a few other items she needed before Dwerstand.

Ora woke early, a few marks before their departure, with a creeping anxiety at the back of her mind. She tried to roll over and sleep again, but the stillness gave the worry and dread space to grow. So instead she bathed, slipped down to the kitchen for a cup of tea and a pastry, and then out into the gardens. When she became aware of movement near the stable, she went that way and helped prepare the horses, grooming and saddling with a practiced hand.
Ora doted worriedly over Luta for a while- the brown pony had come up lame only two days before. Gideon had assured her Luta would be well cared for and sent home as soon as she was sound again, but it felt like a bad omen to her. Ora had to make a conscience effort to not pout about the whole situation. The beautiful pony that Gideon had brought made that a lot easier, especially with its significantly sweeter temperament.
She took a short break to go inside and get some water, washing the dirt from her hands and sneaking a snack of bread and cheese before returning to the stable yard.

Desrick was there now, getting acquainted with his own mount. Ora gave the orc a small nod in greeting, but didn't say anything as she went to her own and checked the girth. She gave Pyrrhus an uncomfortable smile, trying her best to keep her face at least neutral. While a part of her was happy about the possibility of returning to the familiar, most of her was being eaten away at by worry.
"Ready as we'll ever be," Ora said, trying to sound happy like Pyrrhus. She only failed a little bit.
SilverFlight SilverFlight Zazz Zazz LazyDaze LazyDaze Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow Goonfire Goonfire mothspit mothspit Phayne Phayne

Last edited:
Meera hadn't flown so far for so long in such a long time, if ever. In fact, she had lost track of time almost entirely; she knew for certain that she was in Sumenna, and had been for at least... Meera drew a blank. The shape-shifter hadn't stopped to check the time in... well, she wasn't certain. Initially, this was because she was worried she would be spotted by some form of patrol, but now she was travelling to see if she could find any form of sentient life whatsoever. So far this had turned out be a disastrous trade mission, and a growing sense of dread had been wriggling its way to prominence. It had been a blight on her mind, and it had only been exacerbated by her exhaustion.
When she eventually found a road, she had been gliding, riding the gentle currents of the wind. It was as if in but a single moment all of the negativity that had settled in her mind was suddenly dislodged, dissolved, and lost down a stream of positivity and optimism. Roads meant settlements, and settlements meant people, and people could trade with her. Of course she would struggle to convince the Troupe that ranging so far was a good thing for the prosperity of the family, but such a struggle could wait. At this exact moment, Meera wasn't certain she could have felt any more joyous. She was proven wrong; in the distance, she could see a small collection of buildings which the shape-shifter assumed must have been some form of village. A giddy excitement gripped her suddenly. She was nervous, certainly, for the inhabitants were bound to be Sumennans and their reputations preceded them, but she hoped she could at least pass herself off as some form of citizen of the country with little effort. Perhaps she could even join them if some of them were heading towards a larger town or city.

Wandering along the roadside, Meera snacked on some berries, running through her head how she would greet the settlement's inhabitants. Should they prove hostile, she would simply change form and she could be out of harm's reach in but a flash. But she was hopeful that they would not be dangerous, in fact she was counting on it. Doubt lingered in her mind, telling her that she would not be able to fly back to Cyndara without collapsing from exhaustion. Whatever boost of energy she had was surely only temporary.
As she entered into the estate, a few individuals came into sight. Waving, she called out an energetic, "Good day!" She presumed this was a standard Sumennan greeting.
It did not take long for the shape-shifter to drop character, if there was any semblance of a facade in the first place. There were Cyndaran's here, or at least that's what she thought. She couldn't recall hearing anything about orcs or centaurs in Sumenna. Perhaps they were servants, or slaves? But Meera saw no chains binding them. All caution was thrown to the wind, and she took a couple of steps forward.

"Well... I... I thought I might have been the first to come across here. Not that I'm complaining at all!" She assured them quickly. A broad, beaming smile sprung to her face, "This is wonderful, in fact. Just wonderful!"
She paused for but a second, briefly assessing how much information she could reveal, before she continued, "Name's Meera! Trader for The Troupe! I could ask a million questions but I fear I might just pass out before I can ask just a handful of them." Another pause and the smile began to slowly fade, "One pressing one, do any of you have the date and/or the time? Because I was flying for... quite a while. And I would like to know... quite how long it was for... And perhaps how close the nearest bed is."
As she took in the preparations that the party were apparently going through, a thought passed through her mind and she continued, "Unless you're heading somewhere. Then I might tag along? I wouldn't be much of a burden!"
SilverFlight SilverFlight Flutterby Flutterby Zazz Zazz LazyDaze LazyDaze Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow Goonfire Goonfire mothspit mothspit Phayne Phayne

Trileon, along with Pyrrhus, spent most of her time helping those that needed healing. With Gideon's permission, she used some of the plants within the solarium to craft various potions and salves to aid with pain; Taking along spares with her for the journey ahead. She checked in with Azaria, giving her a special potion similar to the one used at the Ball-- "Just to remind you that killing isn't always necessary," She said with a small smile and tiny chuckle. It was all in good fun, but a part of her meant it, too. The Gods willing, some of Trileon's tendencies might just rub off. When it was time to rest, the beastwoman slept among the plants and flowers, curled and wrapped in a set of wings. Anyone else attempting to sleep nearby would be unfortunately graced with her faint snoring.. The day it was time to head out, she dawned the robe from earlier that protected her from the sun, cutting small holes that allowed her horns to poke through the hood. She mounted one of many horses-- A tall, black stallion-- Carrying with her her bow, a quiver of arrows, and a bag filled with various remedies. She directed the horse next to Pyrrhus, an excited, albeit nervous look on her face, "May the Gods watch over us."

Meanwhile, Nova found the horse she arrived with, shaking off the light alcohol-induced buzz of an early morning drink. She kept silent for most of the day left alone for some silent reflection. At some point, she wrote a letter for her father detailing the groups endeavors. Nova sealed the letter in an envelope with a wax seal before passing it off to a servant to be delivered. Even though she and her father had a rocky relationship, Nova couldn't live with herself if something happened and he never knew why. She joined the other shortly thereafter, quietly running her hands through the mane of her horse. The hood of her feathered cape is flipped up, and she begrudgingly saddles up with the others. On the way to either kill a dragon, or steal a bell. Gods watch over them, indeed.

"Just so everyone knows, if that dragon wakes up, I'm using you all as bait." She grunted, the tone of her voice deadpan. That was clearly meant as a joke.. right?"

The days flew by, though Crow couldn’t say he was idle for most of that time. He was studying the bioluminescent properties of the foliage from the solarium, exposing them to various levels of light to determine exactly how dark it needed to be for the plants to glow. In addition, he took turns with Trileon, treating Pyrrhus’ wounds until he was in excellent shape. These moments felt especially surreal to the ‘apprentice’ healer, as he never thought he would find himself fulfilling his dreams while also accomplishing the assignment given by his adoptive father.

Speaking of the High Inquisitor... A cleric had delivered a message three days ago, stating Crow could return to Eskaro when ready; the party had found conclusive proof of Evereach’s scheme, though the proud Stenmann attributed the success to ‘his best rookie’, and was raising his expectations of the other graduates of the Inquisition’s academy. However, Crow opted to send word back; he was not leaving until the entire plot had been foiled. He even requested the paladins and other inquisitors not be dispatched yet, as a House Cautura kill squad would only complicate matters.

And so, the day arrived for Crow to join his friends on their next mission. A brown horse was pacing towards the others, though it likely took a moment for the others to notice Crow was riding it—or, more accurately, clinging to it for dear life. He was especially uncomfortable and was having trouble steering the mount, given his awkward position.

SilverFlight SilverFlight LazyDaze LazyDaze Zazz Zazz mothspit mothspit Flutterby Flutterby Phayne Phayne Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow Baconhands Baconhands

Iolas woke up to an empty room. There was no trace of Azaria...no trace that anyone had been there outside of himself. As he rose up out of bed he wondered if he had become completely infatuated and merely dreamed up the entire scenario. Fortunately for him, the numbness in his arm did well to remind him that it was not a dream. As he flexed it a bit he chuckled to himself as he hung on to Pyrrhus' wisdom as he often did. "I never took the easy path in life, why start now?"

He took his time getting ready. The worse that could happen is they leave without him, or become slightly agitated. However, they probably had other things to think about outside of a lazy elf. Once he finally showered and was dressed he made his way outside with everyone else. He himself packed lightly. Having too many things on a trip was actually pretty annoying and he preferred to rely on himself more than anything. He walked along side his horse proudly although it appeared to be as lazy as him. It was pure white Andalusian horse with a silvery white mane. To his surprise he wasn't late, or at least he wasn't as late as he thought he was. He was just in time to see that a new person, with a bit too much energy, was joining their midst. He gave a friendly wave as he glanced in Desricks direction. He would leave the decision up to the others even though he was certain how it would turn out. He then heard Nova's remarks about bait...and Crow well he was doing his best. Iolas was a bit disappointed that Azaria had not yet made it, but it couldn't be helped.

Officially joining everyone, Iolas gave Nova a friendly nudge as he pointed in Crow's direction. "If we all have to escape on horseback I do believe the bait will take care of itself."

mothspit mothspit Goonfire Goonfire Baconhands Baconhands Zazz Zazz SilverFlight SilverFlight

Azaria had left Iolas alone in his bed early in the morning. She didn't sleep much, but for the little she did, she didn't move; for once, her mind was at ease, her body able to relax just a little. She left him and took to the quiet house, aiming to wash up before their long journey to the eastern mountains.

By the time the others had begun waking up, Azaria had washed and prepped for their journey, eaten breakfast, and was quietly grooming the horse she would be riding to Dwerstand. The assassin spent a good amount of time with the black mare, feeding her treats and brushing her long mane. Checking her shoes and finally strapping her into the saddle around when Ora came around. At last, Azaria and the mare joined the others, just in time to see the Inquisitor clinging to a brown horse. The assassin shook her head with a small smirk. She handed off her reins to Iolas for the moment and went to help Crow.

"Whoa, easy, easy," she said in a steady, calming voice as she approached the brown horse. The assassin managed to take hold of the horse's reins and guide it to a gentle halt. "You've never ridden a horse before, have you." It was more of a statement than a question. She patted Crow's lower back so he'd scoot forward in the saddle, then swung up behind him. Azaria adjusted his position so he wasn't cowering on the steed and took the reins in her own hands on either side of him.

In regards to the enthusiastic newcomer, she jerked her head in the direction of her mare. "She can take my horse, if she's tagging along." At this point, Azaria hardly cared.

Crispin had been eager to spend as much time with Ora as she was willing to give him. It hadn't taken Desrick long to note the change in his brother.
Now the elf sat atop a brown and white pied mare and had reigned her around to stand beside Ora's pony.
"Well, they're not our surefooted elk, but they've a beauty to them certainly." The mare snorted, which made him jump.
Crispin leapt nimbly out of the saddle and offered to help Ora into hers. Going to one knee by the pony's shoulder.
"It will be fine." He reassured her gently. "And I'll be right there with you...we all will."
Pyrrhus nodded. "That's right. You won't have to do anything alone Ora my dear. You have us now."
Catching sight of Crow, doing his best with the horse he'd been given Pyrrhus couldn't hide a chuckle.
"Oh, but you may have to pardon me for a moment, I should see to him."
Flutterby Flutterby

Azaria was already helping him when Pyrrhus came up from behind on light feet. He snuck close enough, while Crow was concentrated, and leaned in to a plant a kiss sweetly on the inquisitor's cheek.
"Oh my, you've got your hands full haven't you Eishar?" Pyrrhus said brightly. He turned to Azaria. "I can take over here if you don't mind," and then to Crow; "will you let me lead your horse?"
Goonfire Goonfire Zazz Zazz

Desrick was more than a little surprised when a young woman wandered in through the gate. They had been just about to leave and so it had been opened.
He exchanged looks with other members of the party before going over to stand in her way.
"You're Cyndaran." He stated, more than a little surprised.
"What?" Crispin called from his place by the pony.
Gideon looked just as surprised as Desrick, so the orc assumed this was not one of his friends summoned to help them.
She had mentioned flying. "You're a shapeshifter too." The orc's hand went to the back of his neck, somewhat undecided about what to do.
"We can't leave her here." He said finally.
"You can't seriously be thinking of taking her with us?" Crispin interjected. "We're not exactly going to the Moon Fair are we? Dwerstand will be dangerous. Cyndarans still aren't welcome in any part of Sumenna."
"She doesn't look Cyndaran, and as long as she doesn't shift in front of anyone, we can keep her safe. Gideon has harboured enough of us for far too long."
Pyrrhus looked back at Crow with concern. It was a hard choice, but Desrick seemed to have made it. At length he spoke. "Meera was it? If your animal form is small enough, you can rest in my bag while we travel."
The centaur opened the flap to one of the bags slung across his back. There was a small blanket tucked into it which would make a half decent place to sleep.

*~*~*

Once everything had been settled they rode out. One hour from Brynson there was a small dirt track that broke from the main, paved road. It would be easier for the horses, and much less-traveled. The plains rolled on for miles ahead of them and they walked at a leisurely pace, trailing the pack horses behind, tetherd to the rear mounts.
Pyrrhus had taken his lute and was playing softly as he walked beside Crow's horse, the lead rope fastened to his body harness.
"Any requests?" He asked cheerfully.
Flutterby Flutterby Zazz Zazz LazyDaze LazyDaze Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow Goonfire Goonfire mothspit mothspit Phayne Phayne Baconhands Baconhands

Desrick had slowed his horse to ride beside Lohr, since the drow had suffered so greatly getting to Brynson, he was worried the journey might cause him harm, even with the sun balm and a thick cloak.
He slipped into orcish and spoke softly: "How are you? Is the sun going to be too much?"
A short pause.
"We didn't have much time to spend together over the past week." Desrick sounded regretful. "...I want to change that."
Zazz Zazz

Last edited:
Crow was moderately embarrassed; he couldn’t make eye contact with anyone. “N-no, I haven’t,” he confirmed to Azaria. “I’ve always sat in a carriage or cart, so this is... a bit foreign to me.” Studying her posture in his peripheral vision, he straightened himself shakily, conformed to her position, and grasped the reins as well.

By then, Pyrrhus had strode over to relieve Az of the burden. “Suppose I do,” Crow snorted in mild amusement, releasing the reins with one hand to rest his hand where the sensation of the kiss lingered. “Thanks... both of you. I think I can learn from observation, now that my face isn’t planted in her mane.” Sporting a wry grin, he stared into Pyrrhus’ eyes. “That, and I now know someone will catch me, should I fall.”
SilverFlight SilverFlight Zazz Zazz

This new arrival concerned the inquisitor. “The... Troupe...?” he echoed, struggling to recall such a group. He was unsure what to think, since it was highly doubtful Evereach would send one Cyndaran to sabotage or assassinate a whole team of counterspies and warriors. At least, this ‘Meera’ indicated she was Cyndaran. Assuming she could shapeshift into the form of a winged animal such as a bird or bat, it made Crow question all the stray animals he had seen in his travels, from his years in Eskaro to a few minutes ago. Didn’t Marillene bring in a stray cat from the garden...? Shrugging off the ‘absurd’ idea of a literal cat burglar, he continued up the road with the rest of the group, occasionally ensuring his spear was securely strapped to his back.
Baconhands Baconhands Phayne Phayne

full

A treasure trove of knick knacks, gemstones and other assorted trinkets of sparkly value, Azael whilst maintaining the facade of a mere stray cat had almost free roam of the household throughout the entirety of the week. The friendly yet oblivious Marillene had in her kindness and generosity given him a first hand tour of the majority of the mansions rooms; Azael's eyes falling upon various ornaments that appealed to the inner magpie he harboured within. For the most part, the items he did manage to snag were of little monetary value to their owners; small everyday items that merely seemed to catch his eye. From hand mirrors to kitchen utensils, expensive fabric to freshly scented wash cloths, whatever seemed to appeal to the sticky fingered thief was more then likely snagged during his tenure.

Like a seasoned veteran, Azael had prepared in advance for the potential 'high reward' he had hoped to achieve when first scouting out Gideon's mansion; a small hollow in the oaken tree he had previously used to observe from acting as his temporary 'home base'. His most prized acquisition and nestled safely inside under layers of cloth was a golden pocket watch; stolen from one of the rooms whilst he was passing through. Whilst the gold itself may have been valuable, it was the way his face had been reflected upon its case that had made him want it; the rounded look and discoloration of his face providing a unique yet appealing caricature of himself. For days, the hollow would be filled with his bounty; Azael only visiting it once in his human form. The hollow itself could only contain so much loot before it needed emptying and it was only for this reason that he had risked exposing himself; his opposable thumbs coming in handy with such a venture.

Aside from that one instance Azael had remained firmly in his feline form, loitering around the premises as if he was the king of this castle and everyone in it his loyal subjects. Eavesdropping became a frequent and sometimes unavoidable occurrence; the cat making sure that he was privy to the majority of discussions that had occurred inside whenever possible. Like those who also resided inside Gideon's mansion; Azael too shared the goal of acquiring this fabled dragon bell though his motives unlike the rest were simply for selfish reason's. He simply wanted it because they wanted it and if they wanted it then by the gods above, he was sure as hell gonna make sure that he'd end up with it. Nothing would stroke his pride as a thief more knowing that he owned something that others wanted.

Alas, the day finally arrived when Gideon and his accomplices would finally make their move on Dwerstand; the merchant arriving at his home with horses packed and ready for the journey ahead. Huzzah, this was the answer he was looking for. Since learning that Marillene would not be joining Gideon on his venture, he had been troubled with finding a means of joining the others on their trip to the Dwarven capital. No reason whatsoever would have made any of the party members want to bring a mere cat along with them and the prospect of walking behind their group in secret did not appeal either. This however was no longer the issue; the large bags strapped to several of the pack horses providing him with the means to join them on their mission.

Spying from above the stables roof, Azael waited for his moment to strike; his eyes honed in on a large sack strapped to the side of one of the horses, a large muscular stallion of deep brown coloration and long black hair. Tied to the side of the stable, the horse was an easy target for the agile Azael, the feline quickly leaping from his position once the coast was clear and landing upon the back of the stallion; startling it momentarily. For only the second instance during the week, Azael had shifted forms in secret; quickly emptying the large sack of half its contents. At the sacrifice of several potatoes now stashed underneath a pile of hay, Azael had easily made enough space in the large bag for his smaller feline form to nestle in; a layer of hay acting as a cushion between himself and the spuds beneath. Soon enough, they were on their way; Azael firmly hidden away in the bag; his feline form finding comfort in the darkness that the bag itself provided him.

Whilst nefarious and completely at peace with manipulating others for his own gains, Azael could not deny that he did feel a pang of guilt towards suddenly leaving the young troll girl. For all the unneeded attention that she had given him; she was still the reason all this had been made possible and was also the reason why he was able to freely roam the mansion without an ounce of suspicion. To leave without so much as a 'thank you'.. well that was low even for Azael. He'd have to steal something for Marillene as well, a reward for her loyal generosity and to thank for making the infiltration as easy as it was.

Feeling the horse come to a stop, Azael peeked out from within the bag. There was not a chance they had even come close to reaching Dwerstand thus they must have been given other reason to stop instead and if that meant risking exposure, Azael wanted to be ready to react. Thankfully, it didn't seem to be the case. The arrival of a woman seemed to be the cause for their delay and with that holding little importance to Azael, he merely dipped his head back inside the bag; getting himself comfortable once more.

Last edited:
With the others now appearing and mounting up, Ora left Luta with a small kiss on the nose. The mare pinned her ears as Ora did it, but as soon as the dwarf turned away, her ears flicked forward and she gave a small nicker. Ora rolled her eyes, and returned to the golden pony.
Leading the pony out away from the stable, Ora watched with tented brows as Crow struggled to remain upright. He would learn how to ride plenty well with the amount it would take to reach Dwerstand, but she was worried he might fall and break his neck before they left the yard.

She gave Crispin a small smile, and took the offered help, even though it didn't appear she needed it as she swung into the saddle easily. As she righted herself, she glanced between Pyrrhus and Crispin, and said softly, "Thank you."
Ora gathered her reins primly, barely making contact with the bit. She shifted her seat; this mare had a wider back than Luta, and she had to think more consciously about where her legs should be.
SilverFlight SilverFlight
As they went to leave, a figure appeared in front of them. She looked, frankly, about to drop. The dwarf watched the exchange between the others of the party. When it was decided that she would come along, Ora spoke up with only, "If you came directly from Cyndara, its been at least two round-marks since you reached the Cyndaran edge of the Half-Sun Hills. Even if you're.. flying.. it takes quite a while to get here. And it will be quite a while before we reach Dwerstand. I'd take Pyrrhus up on his offer for a ride, if I were you."
The dwarf looked a little perturbed. She couldn't help but think of the last skin-changer they had run into.
Baconhands Baconhands
Ora rode calmly, occasionally giving her mount extra encouragement to keep up with the larger horses. She was glad when they broke off the main road; they would likely not see another soul until Eskaro now. When Pyrrhus asked for requests, Ora glanced over wistfully.
"Play your favorite from Cyndara."

Zazz Zazz LazyDaze LazyDaze Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow Goonfire Goonfire mothspit mothspit Phayne Phayne

Last edited:
There wasn't exactly a snap decision on the orc's part; she presumed that he must have been the leader, given that the final say was apparently his. She frowned when an elf, another Cyndaran by the looks of things, mentioned that where they were heading might be dangerous. Maybe he wasn't Cyndaran then; he would have known the dangers of the forests if he was, and Meera doubted that the Sumennan's would prove to be a bigger threat than the creatures that resided back home. Before she could ask him about his origins, the centaur offered her a place to rest and she was quick to take it. A quick shift between forms, to that of a raven, and she was comfortably nestled in the open bag. In comparison to where she'd been sleeping before, even when living with The Troupe, this felt luxurious. Perhaps that was a lack of energy speaking; Meera wouldn't complain regardless.

Much to her surprise, Meera had slept easily. The ride was smoother than expected and her sleep, dreamless. When she awoke, the shapeshifter was greeted by the gentle sounds of a lute and the sounds of a party on the move. For a moment, she thought she'd woken up back home. A brief glance out of the bag revealed this wasn't the case: she was surrounded by the Summenan countryside, basking in the light of the sun and surrounded by a mixed bag of Summenans and Cyndarans.

She poked her head out properly, just in time to hear the centaur ask if there were any song requests. "How many do you know?"
Meera hopped out of the bag and fluttered over to the centaur's shoulder, "One that tells a story perhaps?"

Last edited:
Desrick had slowed his horse to ride beside Lohr, since the drow had suffered so greatly getting to Brynson, he was worried the journey might cause him harm, even with the sun balm and a thick cloak.
He slipped into orcish and spoke softly: "How are you? Is the sun going to be too much?"
A short pause.
"We didn't have much time to spend together over the past week." Desrick sounded regretful. "...I want to change that."

Lohrithe, like Desrick, was far more used to riding orcish boars. It was a bit weird to him to now be riding a horse, especially with the centaur in their midst, walking alongside them. The drow was at least more prepared for the journey, wearing a brown cloak to hide from the sun. He wore his hood up, protecting his ears. "Probably," he answered honestly in orcish with a shrug. "But the balm helps quite a bit. Look, I am beginning to... tan, I think is what Marillenne called it." The drow pushed up a sleeve of his cloak and proudly showed off his forearm; he had, indeed, begun to see a slight difference in the greyness of his skin. His eyes still took offense to the light, but the hood helped.

He smiled at Desrick's next words. Riding quite close, Lohrithe reached out and patted the orc's thick thigh. "Every moment spent with you is a lifetime of happiness."

Feyre Yinnelis

56a52f617deb5dfa52ab34cf_589a005a974071be0e615ac6_320.jpg
Feyre had not had the luxury to rest in the little time she had to prepare the the massive journey she was to be set on. She had agents to write, reports to complete, meetings to formulate, and a few other things that had kept her mostly busy, also giving her an excuse to spectate the new company from a distance. Especially the high elf, Iolas she believed it was. Already from their first encounter, she knew he was going to be a problem.

Feyre’s rather large stallion trotted up beside the assembling group, it’s beautiful black coat gleaming in the sunlight. Isto, her stallion, had been gifted to her by Gideon when she first began her work as an agent for him, and had been a treasured companion since. Isto kept his swift pace a fair distance from where Phyrrus walked, sounding his usual cheery self from what Feyre had gathered. She said nothing, her tension evident from her posture, though her features were eased into coolness. Feyre looked quite the ominous sight, adorned in her right but highly durable black leather armor, the black cloak draped around her covering her exotic hair, and shadowing her already dark complexion. Accompanied by her large, dark horse, she looked quite imposinh to say the least.

If Gideon trusted them, she supposed she should to but...she found herself struggling. Gideon had a kind heart, a merciful one, and the more that time passed, the more she was unsure if it was a strength or a weakness, growing more concerned for Gideon’s safety by the day.

If she were to lose him, she’d lose the only person she cared and looked up to. And Feyre wasn’t sure if she’d be able to handle it.

Her thoughts were interrupted upon the entrance of a rather bright woman, who instantly requested to joined them. She was certainly...upfront to say the least. She opened her mouth to object the idea, but the more friendly, or Phyrrus, invited her along, going so far as to offer her a ride. Feyre shot Phyrrus a bemused look from beneath her hood, “I didn’t realize we were running an escorting group,” she said dryly, glancing briefly at the newcomer that seemingly made herself right at home in Phyrrus’s bag. She arched an eyebrow beneath her hood as Phyrrus pulled out his lute, asking them all if they had any requests. Feyre bit her lip, but said nothing. She had a million requests quite frankly, though she didn’t feel quite like showing any of her personal traits, or her fondness for music, to the group she knew so little about. The things people loved could often be turned against you afterall.

Feyre found herself obersving everyone else in the group as they walked along, glancing to and fro as she eavesdropped on particular conversations...

And found herself surrounded by saps.

Feyre glanced between the couples, trying to keep herself from scowling in repulsion. There was the Inquistor and the centaur, where she saw the loving, intimate looks exchanged between them, and the orc and drow, whom exchanged words she did not understand, but were softspoken and paired with longing, affectionate looks, the drow riding fairly close to the orc, saying something with a smile and patting the orc on the thigh. Feyre glanced away, blanching to herself as she pushed Isto farther ahead. Love made her sick. So did large amounts kindness. Or compliments. It was all just so...bleh. It was all just too idealic really, she didn’t know how anyone could afford to risk loving someone in these times.

A few group members offered their inputs on what Phyrrus should play, interrupting her sour thoughts. Feyre patted her stallions neck affectionaly as she glanced back at the centaur, “Perhaps,” She said amusedly, “this can be a debate settled when we rest, no?” Feyre asked lightly, her lips quirking up just the slightest in amusement. She didn’t want any music to draw too much attention to themselves, though it was likely they wouldn’t run into anybody for quite a while, it was always better to be safe.

Last edited:
This trip would already turn out to be much more amusing than the previous one. For one, Iolas did not have to worry about slave cuffs and all the things that they entailed. Moreover; he was starting to understand everyone just a bit more. He looked on, as he often did, observing everyone else. All was well, and even some dynamics he never knew about were forming. He couldn't help but chuckle at Lorithe and Desrick after catching them in the ballrooms armory. It was a crucial time indeed, but that only made the situation more amusing when you looked back on it. He saw Pyrrhus and the bird named man...Iolas could never put his finger on his name, but that was a development he was quite unaware of. Seeing everyone so happy nearly made Iolas want to snatch up Azaria and just carry her away; however, he was also watching the new comers and one did not appear to be too happy with the way things were going although the journey had just begun.

She spoke softly, stating they should decide on matters when they rest. Using this as an opportunity to well, be himself, Iolas put a hand over his mouth as he dramatically gasped before speaking. "Oh? What was that Feyre? You wanted to sing along before we rest," Iolas asked, intentionally being louder than normal so the others could overhear their conversation.

"Pyrrhus, I'm sure you're skilled enough to satisfy the requests and play something we can sing along to," Iolas said with a cheerful smile.

Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow SilverFlight SilverFlight Zazz Zazz Goonfire Goonfire

Desrick's smile could not have been wider, and he leaned over to take the back of Lohr's neck gently in hand and press his forehead to the drow's in a loving gesture. Zazz Zazz

Pyrrhus' delighted grin spread from ear to ear and he have Iolas a roguish wink, catching on to their poking fun at Feyre.
"A Cyndara favourite that tells a story and with a catchy chorus that everyone can sing along to? I know just the one!"
Before their new companion could protest any further Pyrrhus struck the chords on his lute and began to sing:

"Oh the moon shines bright o'er hill and dale
and you've never heard such a funny tale!
It'll go right down in historyyyy

The Ballad of Delphinanny!"

Pyrrhus poured his heart into every verse, always coming back to that same chorus, encouraging the others to join in. The story sang of a young centaur gifted with future sight, but he could only see things just before they happened, and each verse ended in a lighthearted catastrophe. Crispin knew it well and sang along for the entire thing and Pyrrhus pranced back and forth between them all as they walked, having great fun.

*~*~*

It was several days' travel before the reached the gates of Eskaro. Pyrrhus had kept up the mood with music, stories and his cheerful demeanor.
They had entered the forest two days back, and the cool of the trees did much for the Cyndarans.
Pyrrhus had recited the names of each member for Meera as many times she she needed to remember them. They had gotten to talking and Pyrrhus got excited when he had heard where she was from.
"I've run into them several times! What delightful people. I've probably seen you before too! Though I never stayed with them long enough to become well-acquainted."

As they drew nearer to Eskaro the centaur became noticeably nervous. They could see the buildings now, and as they walked, Pyrrhus could not stop fussing with his jacket, or smoothing his hair. This was Crow's home after all, and the last time he had seen Bishop Stenmann, Crow's adoptive father, he had been pretending to be a slave. Things had certainly changed since then and the entire situation was making the centaur fret.

Flutterby Flutterby Zazz Zazz LazyDaze LazyDaze Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow Goonfire Goonfire mothspit mothspit Phayne Phayne Baconhands Baconhands

(( Goonfire Goonfire You can go ahead and lead the group in, describe a bit of the surroundings and introduce us to the npcs there, if you like.))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back