• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Setting Summer Dawn

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Walking along with both Crow and Pyrrhus, Pearl didn't know where to look. The team's little show had made her rather uncomfortable, to say the least; even if she did get involved. She felt as if all eyes were on her, but not in the 'wow, she looks amazing in that dress' kind of way. Act natural, act natural. What would a slave-owning, racist Sumenan do? Shuddering slightly, she held onto the stair banister as they ascended. The end of her dress cascaded down the steps like a waterfall, tricling down to the bottom and then pulling back in to the seam, like a wave returning to the shore. Each step felt like she was getting closer and closer to her death scentence... 1, I have a target on my back, 2, I can't fight to save my life, 3, I'm letting the side down. All of a sudden, Pearl's insecurities came rushing up her body like a tsunami, her breathing becoming more erratic. She began walking up the stairs a little faster until they all reached the top. "Now is not the time, childhood trauma," she whispered, inhaling and exhaling deeply. Getting away from all of those people certainly did help and she quickly swept her emotions under the rug for a better cause. She knew she couldn't turn around and run out the door now.

As the three of them explored the hallway, she took note of the beautiful, intricately designed interior: on the side of each door stood big pillars, delicately entangled with reflective golden leaves and the ceiling was adnorned with similar metalic decorations, each which glistened as the light of the candles hit them. Pearl stood close to Pyrrhus, preparing herself for an ambush. She couldn't let her guard down - there could be spies and assassins waiting to pounce around every corner. With that thought, just as Crow had opened the door to a mysteriously dark room, she stood outside, watching and waiting before entering herself. The fact that she couldn't see what was around her increased her anxiety, so she changed from mouth breathing to nose breathing, in hopes it would be quieter. She kept her eyes on the entire room, swinging her head about to look for any signs of life, which is when the hoarse voice piped up.
Goonfire Goonfire SilverFlight SilverFlight

A small smile touched Ora's lips as Crispin bowed and offered his hand. She usually found that kind of gesture patronizing, but coming from him it did seem truly kind. She took it graciously, with a small tip of her head. The exchange implied that she was above his station, which was no longer true, but old habits died hard.
When they reached Desrick, she could tell he was confused at first. She was worried, for a heartbeat, that he would be angry at her, but mostly he was just as surprised as she had been. Ora winced; the orc's voice was not unnoticeable, even in the crowd.
When Desrick lowered his voice, Ora gave a small nod.
"He took some of the papers, but not all of them, I don't think. The others.. They're with Crow, but I don't know where they got off too." The tiny woman glanced around again, but didn't see the three that had been together. She had also lost track of the other three women- Trileon, Nova, and Azaria were all out of her sight, blending into the crowd. She couldn't really even recall what they were wearing, not with the surprises of the last few minutes clouding her mind. "We should regroup soon, if we can without attracting attention."
With another small nod, Ora turned with Crispin and began to move away again. She leaned toward her companion and said, "Take a drink from this tray," She indicated the approaching one with the angle of her head, "But don't drink more than a few sips." There was a pause, and a small redirection of their path. "Iolas is there." Ora had just caught a glimpse of his moon-themed costume through the crowd. She wasn't sure where he was headed, but they would need to be very attentive to avoid loosing him in the crowd. She wanted to get his attention, so he would know they were behind him, but couldn't think of a way to do so without being obvious.
SilverFlight SilverFlight LazyDaze LazyDaze

Last edited:
Lohrithe sighed at his partner's distrust of their teammate. He hadn't seen what the dark elf had. He could only hope that the others had caught Iolas's meanings. "We will get through this," said the elf to the orc, as Lohrithe leaned in to his partner's chest with a soft smile. "Come, let us be a welcome distraction."

SilverFlight SilverFlight
---

Azaria's blood went cold at the scene between Iolas and Pyrrhus. Pyrrhus was her friend, and Iolas... was something. She didn't know what, yet. But from where she skulked by a pillar on the main floor, she, too, could just make out Iolas's messages. She had already managed to... er... 'lose' her tail in a dark, quiet room's closet. It hadn't taken much; she knew their techniques, their training. She was not the Shadowhand for nothing.

Now, her prize was the slaver, a man supposedly loyal to Brynson. She watched Trileon work her plant magic, and even smirked beneath her mask at her antics as she injected the man. He was none the wiser. She waited, just long enough, stalking her prey, observing her team. On her way to her target, she caught Iolas by the wrist and kissed him, just for a moment, all while slipping him one of the throwing knives hidden in the cuff of her wrist. And then she was gone.

"Sir," she said invitingly to her prey, the slaver. He was a human man of little stature, dressed in what might have resembled a really strange, horned fairy with just too much glitter. It was distasteful, truly. "Do excuse the interruption. Your presence has been requested by Captain Lassard of Everreach. Please, come with me." She would lead him to a secluded room, far away from prying eyes.

Last edited:
"Hey!" The man cried as Trileon brushed past him. He clutched the part of his arm where the needle had pricked him. She was dressed so finely the slave keeper forced his anger down. "Please be more careful my lady."
He turned away as she left, none the wiser to what she had done.
mothspit mothspit

The Lady Lambent smiled as she pulled Nova to the dance floor.
"I may not be head of a very influential house, but when I talk, people tend to listen."
She drew Nova close, clearly enjoying the attention she had won. The raised voice made her jump and she frowned as she watched Iolas yell at his slave.
"Those creatures are magnificent...it is truly a shame Evereach got to them first...Just think, we might have actually had allies against those arrogant high elves. I hear the centaurs are quite fierce in battle. They certainly look that way."
She turned back to Nova slyly. "I hope you don't think my words too dangerous."
Trileon appeared and the Lady Lambent looked rather surprised, but answered Teileon's greeting cooly. "I'm not entirely sure your company is welcome here."
mothspit mothspit

Crispin let himself be pulled away, taking a drink and sipping it at instructed. His eyes were everywhere, trying to pick out the threats he felt.
"How have you been holding up through all this?" The question was grounded more than a little appreciation, but there was concern in it to They made their way slowly to Iolas. Crispin thought that the high elf looked a lot like Lassard. It didn't sit well with him.
"Are you...are you sure we can trust this one?..he doesn't look trustworthy."
Nevertheless they needed his attention.
"If something's up, whoever ruffles Iolas' feathers might recognize you, but they might not have picked up on me yet." He gave her hand a quick squeeze.
"Let's hope I don't get stabbed." He winked at her from under the mask and strode as arrogantly as he could up to Iolas, giving a bow with an extravagant flourish.
"I do not believe we have been formerly introduced." He said in the perfect imitation of a Brynson accent. He gave a false name, but when he stepped in to speak his act dropped slightly.
"I'm Desrick's brother. What's happened?"
Flutterby Flutterby LazyDaze LazyDaze

Desrick relaxed visibly when he felt Lohr against him.
"There should be something we can use as a weapon close by." He led the way carefully away from the dance floor, taking care to avoid being noticed by too many. He pulled Lohr into a small side room.
"I'm sure these weasels have daggers hidden everywhere." He began as he started sifting through the contents of drawers and decorative boxes.
Suddenly the door creaked, ever so slightly and Desrick caught the shadow of someone, trailing the floor against the moonlight. He signaled to Lohr to stay quiet and get behind the door. Someone had been following them.
Out of immediate sight Desrick watched as the assassin crept in, but it would only be seconds before he was spotted. They had to act quickly.
Zazz Zazz

The man turned to Azaria's voice. "Who?" he asked, but he looked green already. Suddenly he slapped a hand to his mouth and bolted, making a beeline for the nearest washroom.
Atteyo had seen and his eyes went wide. He had been watching Trileon as carefully as he could and he'd seen her consort with the halfling.
"What did you do?" His voice was urgent, fearful as he limped to her, his leg still cut and bleeding. "Are you friends with that one that spoke to us before? Please I beg of you, don't do anything to anger Brynson. You don't know what they'll do to us if you're caught..." His voice was barely above a whisper and he kept his head bowed, but it was clear he was now terrified.
Zazz Zazz

Pyrrhus followed Pearl out of the room where Bishop Stenmann had spoken to them. He smiled at the water elf's reassurance, grateful for her thoughtfulness.
"I can get the weapons, now that we know where the armory is." He volunteered, but it was clear he wasn't happy about leaving Crow's side.
"There is another thing...the centaurs. I know it will be difficult, perhaps even impossible...but Pearl, Crow, if there is some way we can rescue them...they may not be from Cyndara, but they are still my people."
Goonfire Goonfire HumbugPie HumbugPie

Last edited:
Iolas managed to suppress the disgust that came with becoming an Everreach grunt again. His eyes darted back and forth, noticing the movements of several pieces. Iolas was pleased to see that his plan seemed to be working. Even if everyone was in danger, they were no longer stagnant pieces waiting for misfortune. Because of these movements he was also able to pick apart some of the assassins. Iolas took a deep breath, realizing that to take down Everreach and get out of this alive, he would have trust in his friends...he couldn't do this alone. Just as he had the thought, someone had managed to sneak up on him. Iolas thought the worse as his body tensed. At this range all he could do was make sure the attack was not lethal and counter, but still it had to be someone of incredible skill to blindside him like this. Iols surmised that in that moment, he was probably dead. However, just as he had calculated the probably scenario he was greeted by a kiss. This presence, this smell, and the feeling in his chest...he knew who it was. It was momentary, but to Iolas it felt as if hours upon hours passed by, but just like the fleeting sun at dusk, she was gone. It was only until after she had left that Iolas noticed the knife she had slipped him. Iolas stared off into the direction she disappeared...a slight smile forming on his lips that not even he could suppress. At that moment he had renewed resolve to protect her, and to protect them. "...Thank you Azaria."

Zazz Zazz

As he turned around he saw a masked man approaching him...in a somewhat arrogant fashion. Normally, Iolas would already be chuckling, but instead he stood tall with a stern expression that displayed how insignificant he thought he was. As Crispin continued his dramatic display of a greeting Iolas could only wonder who this was and why he was here. That's when he stated he was Desrick's brother.

"....And so you are." Iolas said not changing his expression although he was completely blindsided by this revelation. He supposed he shouldn't be surprised that personal information was not revealed to a former Everreach soldier. Iolas glanced around until he relaxed just a bit, happy to have someone else on his side.

"Lassard," Iolas answered his question with one word. If he was Desricks brother than he should at least know who that was. "He knows they are all here, and he knows they plan to hurt Everreach." Iolas wondered if how much information he should tell this stranger who claimed to be Desrick's brother. He then caught a glance of Ora. It reminded him of what he had done and how that might have looked to everyone else who had brought him along as one of their own. For just an instant he flashed the playful smile they knew all so well. He couldn't apologize now, but he definitely would later. He then focused on Crispin again.

"...To keep a long story short, I am going to kill him before he kills you," Iolas said casually, allowing the man to interpret that how he wished.

Flutterby Flutterby SilverFlight SilverFlight

Last edited:
No sooner had they parted ways, had the random man Trileon bumped into darted off across the room. ..Something was happening right under her nose, and Nova didn't like it. Though, in an effort to maintain her heartbroken facade, she despondently rolled her eyes, "Let's not talk about her."

The mercenary woman seemed a tad surprised; For a noble, the Lady was being.. quite handsy. She hung onto every word she spoke, a sympathetic frown spreading across her face at the mention of the slaved centaurs. Nova wasn't one to get involved in the.. personal affairs of diplomats-- Not without a hefty price tag, anyway-- But she conceded that this kind of cruelty was despicable. She nodded thoughtfully, "My father used to tell me fantastical tales of such creatures. A true shame."

Soon, the two were wrapped in an elegant dance, their faces only inches apart. Being this casual with a noble sent a tiny shiver down her spine. In any other setting, and they would never be seen in the same room together.. She wondered if, when the dust settled, someone like Lady Lambent would ever willingly court someone like Nova. A scuff mercenary who took lives for money, had a rampant drinking problem, and most importantly, was half-Cyndaran. Scoffing to herself internally, Nova pushed the thought out of her mind, and returned her sly look, "On the contrary, my Lady," She whispered playfully, "I find them to be.. appropriately dangerous." She turned the Lady in an elegant twirl before bringing her back into her embrace, her chest against the woman's back. She leaned in close to whisper again in her ear, a watchful eye glancing about others in the room, "I don't suppose there's somewhere we can talk a bit more.. privately..?"

Last edited:
Azaria was less than surprised at the fear in the centaur's hushed voice. But, she frowned at the man's leg, cut and bleeding. "Why are you bleeding?" Azaria demanded to know in a hushed tone. Her eyes darted around behind her mask, making sure they were not being watched too closely. "You need to get that cleaned up. Find the woman who spoke to you; she will help you. And if you feel a tug..." said the assassin, eyeing the centaur's cuffs, "Fight it. I know it will hurt, but fight it, and hide it. It will end soon," she promised.

SilverFlight SilverFlight mothspit mothspit

Atteyo stared at her in disbelief. "You're not listening! And I have no reason to trust you." It was clear his leg pained him, he wouldn't be able to run, which was making him even more fearful. He would have to be coaxed, not ordered.
Her concern for his injury was not met kindly: "One of the many shadows in this place decided I needed to be hurt? Why does anyone here do anything?" The bitterness in his voice was apparent. Atteyo and the other centaurs didn't trust anyone that looked like they belonged in this world.
There was a small change in his expression. "What sort of game are you playing anyway? Why drag us into it?"
Zazz Zazz

With Pyrrhus' question, Pearl looked around the hallway for a prop to use to lure the other centaurs to safety. She almost gave up until her eyes came across a half full glass of red wine sat on a side table close to the stairs, which gave her a flash of inspiration. Before walking over to it, she gave a cheeky smile to her friends and raised both of her eyebrows in sync, "I may have an idea," she announced confidently as she waltzed over to the marble top table and picked up the glass of wine, "let's see..." Pearl dipped her finger tip into the drink and lifted up a small portion of the long, ornately decorated carpet runner that ran down the hallway, dotting her wine-covered finger onto the cream carpet underneath. This created a bright stain, "if I gain their attention, as a noble would unto a meer servent," she looked at Pyrrhus in an apologetic way with that statement, knowing it was what the other nobles thought, "and tell them that I accidentally spilt a glass of wine whilst going to the lavatory over there," she pointed down the corridoor to a door that had a toilet sign plastered on it, "because no other noble would question such a thing, especially of a lady. And as the stain is rather large, it will need all of the centaurs' attention, I can then ask them to come and clear up the disasterous mess I accidentally created." Pearl looked at both of her friends, looking to see if they approved of her plan that seemingly came out of nowhere.
SilverFlight SilverFlight Goonfire Goonfire

Atteyo stared at her in disbelief. "You're not listening! And I have no reason to trust you." It was clear his leg pained him, he wouldn't be able to run, which was making him even more fearful. He would have to be coaxed, not ordered.
Her concern for his injury was not met kindly: "One of the many shadows in this place decided I needed to be hurt? Why does anyone here do anything?" The bitterness in his voice was apparent. Atteyo and the other centaurs didn't trust anyone that looked like they belonged in this world.
There was a small change in his expression. "What sort of game are you playing anyway? Why drag us into it?"
Zazz Zazz

Azaria stepped in closer to the centaur. She caught the name inscribed upon the cuffs even as she told him, "This is no game, friend. This is war. These people do not care if you fall from the top of this castle, save for the dent in their pockets. See there, that centaur in the elaborate coat? He is my very best friend, and I will not leave without freeing his people. You." She was beginning to get impatient; Erthos Frederickson of Brynson was indisposed, and she only had a limited amount of time. "You will be safe with us. Find Trileon." With that, she left him, swiftly disappearing into the throng of people.

The door to one of the lavatories opened just enough for the slim Shadowhand to slip through. The man was alone, and positively retching. Sweat slicked back his hair; his mask was thrown aside.The assassin smirked; Trileon had indeed played her part. Well, half of it, anyway. She had to hope - they weren't quite at trust, yet - that Trilein would get the three centaurs to safety.

Azaria moved the skirt of her dress to remove her twin blades from the holsters of her boots, silent as night, eyes holding the man's back hostage. The noise of his retching covered whatever noise she made; she used his position to her advantage. Carefully, she crept up behind her prey, and when the man saw her shadow, she promptly hit him over the head with the butt of her dagger. Faced with a limp body, Azaria shrugged. She could have just stabbed him, been done with it. Instead, she dragged his body with some effort to the pipe that brought the water to the basin. She freed the man of his pants with the help of a dagger after setting the lock on the door. With one pant leg, she tied the man's ankles together. She removed his shoes, tossing them in case they gave him leverage once he woke. She then used the other pant leg to tie his wrists to both his ankles and the pipe, bending him back in an awkward position. The assassin looked around and found a hand towel; she tore it into a good enough strip and used it to gag the slaver.

Finally, she brought her blade to his flesh. Blood spilled, and she coated a throwing knife in red.

Azaria stood and, in front of the mirror, fixed herself into a proper lady again. For good measure, she hit him in the temple once more, just to keep him out longer. And, perhaps, cause some minor brain damage.

She exited the room looking casual and regal as ever, even though she wished to the Gods she had magic to lock the door behind her.

Azaria sought out Trileon and gave her a nod from afar, letting her know that the deed was done. She then made a roundabout route to Pyrrhus. She discreetly passed him the small, bloodsoaked knife and told him, "Get this to Trileon. She will know what to do." And she left to find her dance partner.

Desrick relaxed visibly when he felt Lohr against him.
"There should be something we can use as a weapon close by." He led the way carefully away from the dance floor, taking care to avoid being noticed by too many. He pulled Lohr into a small side room.
"I'm sure these weasels have daggers hidden everywhere." He began as he started sifting through the contents of drawers and decorative boxes.
Suddenly the door creaked, ever so slightly and Desrick caught the shadow of someone, trailing the floor against the moonlight. He signaled to Lohr to stay quiet and get behind the door. Someone had been following them.
Out of immediate sight Desrick watched as the assassin crept in, but it would only be seconds before he was spotted. They had to act quickly.

Lohrithe nodded and glanced around the room. There was nothing here, save for maybe the pokers from the unlit fireplace. It did not look promising.

Suddenly, Desrick had stopped rummaging, and the dark elf followed his gaze to the footsteps under the door. His ears quirked at the sound of the door creaking open. His heart leapt into his throat, but he acted fast; despite Desrick's wishes for him to remain behind the door, the dark elf moved to the orc, removed both their masks and began kissing him passionately. Once he was certain the assassin could see them both, he looked over his shoulder at the person to speak with the most snooty, Everreach accent he could muster. "What- how inconsiderate! Leave, you fool! At once!"

Desrick's full attention was on the door, and Lohirthe was so quiet when he walked he didn't notice until he felt the mask slip from his face. Suddenly Lohr was there, pressed against him. He felt his blood heat instantly.
"What are you--" was all he had time to say before he was pulled roughly into a deep kiss. A jolt shot through him, like a lightning strike. The sense of danger as the assassin crept in was flooded by something very different. His hand came up and held Lohr tightly and he returned the kiss with matching passion until Lohr broke away.
It was an effort not to look as surprised as the assassin, who paused, dumbfounded, but on the tail end of his partner's indignant outburst, Desrick used that moment to act, stepping forward and catching the man by the front of his coat and slamming him bodily into the wall. His head connected with the flowered wallpaper and he slumped to the ground unconscious.
There was a short silence as Desrick stared at the crumpled form and then looked at Lohr with a shrug. "One less of Lassard's dogs in the game."
An armoire had been jostled open by Desrick's swift action and inside it, wrapped in delicate cloth were several bladed weapons. Desrick smiled as he picked them out.
"Let's go find Iolas."
He stepped around the assassin and was about to pull open the door when he paused, leaning in to Lohr gently. "We can finish that later."
Zazz Zazz

Crow looked around, finding the nobles again from his spot on the balcony. He noticed Nova dancing with Lady Lambent below, the latter of whom was likely to be a perfect ally to the cause against Evereach. He glanced back and nodded in approval at Pearl’s plan. “That’s a wonderful idea. While you do that, I’ll work on spreading our knowledge,” he muttered. “Just... be careful, both of you. I wouldn’t be able to continue if something happened to either of you.” He meant that, especially in regards to Pyrrhus.

There was a certain advantage to having a beaked mask. He looked down at Nova, hoping she was perceptive enough, and then turned his head so the beak pointed her in the right direction. It was a long shot, but he prayed she would notice. As he stood near the railing overlooking the dance floor, he couldn’t help noticing in his peripheral vision that his stalker was stealthily drawing near. She would be dealt with momentarily...

mothspit mothspit SilverFlight SilverFlight HumbugPie HumbugPie

As they walked, Ora turned her head this way and that, giving nods to those that caught her gaze as if she knew them. Many of them instinctually returned them, and then continued about their business, forgetting her the minute she left their eyes.
She lifted the glass to her lips and took a sip. Her hand hesitated before lowering; Crispin asked how she was holding up. Her ears flashed hot, but her hand remained steady as she lowered her drink.
"I.. will let myself think about that when things are handled." Now was not the time to admit to kicking everyone out of Gideon's forge for five days straight and the inappropriate amount of sweets consumed in preparation for this night, or the fact that she had a vague sensing of approaching sickness since she exited the carriage.
Ora flinched slightly as Crispin spoke again. Her hand loosened a little in his. His comment about Iolas was hauntingly similar to comments nobles made about her. She cleared her throat softly, and responded with, "I can't be sure about anyone, but.. he was genuine when he was kind to me, and didn't betray us on the ship."
With a frown, she returned the squeeze of his hand and watched him move away. She turned and looked fascinated by a nearby plant, inspecting its leaves and fruit.
Every few moments, she lifted her eyes and glanced about, adding a sigh here or there. She was the picture of practiced, graceful boredom. From where she was, she could now see the trio again, who looked up to something, and Nova who was dancing with Lady Lambent. Azaria had escaped her again, as well as Desrick and Lohr. The last two sent a small shock of panic through her, but it showed only in a small twitch at the corner of her mouth.
On one of the sweeps, Iolas looked directly at her. His face was hard and unreadable, and then he flashed the same smile he had when teasing her and Pyrrhus in the library.
In that moment, she trusted him, however foolish it may be. And as she stood there, she became aware of a figure at the edge of her vision, that had been there since.. since she had walked away from the black crystal. They were running out of time, and someone was already watching her.
With a larger sigh, Ora moved from the plant, back toward Crispin, and lamented, "Darling.. I don't like waiting.."

Crispin's eyes went wide when he heard the name. "You're going to take him on by yourself?" He didn't know whether to be impressed or skeptical.
"How will you do that? Those papers you're carrying, you realize that if he gets them we have absolutely nothing to sway the other houses. What is your plan?"
It was Ora who convinced him finally. She tugged on his arm, pretended to be a bored attaché but Crispin saw through that. Ora trusted him. At length Crispin nodded to Iolas. "I hope you know what you're doing." He whispered in a low voice before saying a bit louder: "Of course my dear!"
He started to guide here away.
"What now?" He asked Ora quietly as they walked.
LazyDaze LazyDaze Flutterby Flutterby
Not far from where they were moving, several nobles were speaking in hushed tones. The word "Dwerstand" reached Crispin's ears and he slowed, signaling to his partner discretely. He stepped closer to listen:
"...I heard they actually found the grand dragon."
"No! It's a legend surely."
"It's true! Dwarvish miners broke into a massive cavern directly below the citadel. It was sleeping there."
"Well it's a good thing it can't be woken."
"Oh but it can. Word is Evereach spies have stolen the dragon bell. The only thing that can wake it."
"They can't mean to wake it! It would lay waste to all of Dwerstand!"
"Hush! Well that might be why Dwerstand is being so compliant sending troops..."
Crispin looked to Ora in mild disbelief. A dragon? Under Dwerstand?
Flutterby Flutterby

Atteyo stilled, listening to the assassin's words. Slowly he was being convinced.
His hand went to the cuff on his opposite wrist as he watched her go.
"Be careful." He said, too quietly to hear.
Zazz Zazz
Azaria was excellent at her work. The slaver did not stand a chance, but as he was being overpowered, bound and gagged, someone was looking for him. The young servant had been everyhwere, becoming increasingly more exhasperated. He had asked the centaur slave but had gotten no helpful answer. Finally he resigned himself to checking the empty hallways and it was there, at one of the doors to the guest lavatories, that he heard something. As Azaria worked the servant had pressed an ear to the door, then, ever so slowly cracked it open and looked. He didn't look long. A glance at the scene told him enough. He vanished as quick as he could, running to inform Lassard of what had happened.
Zazz Zazz

Atteyo scanned the crowd for the strange woman that had seemingly been the start of the trouble. He didn't see how she could help him, or why she would, but something in the halfling's tone had convinced him. Suddenly, there she was. Atteyo tried waving subtly. He limped closer, praying none of the guests would catching him ignoring his duties. He didn't have much time. Suddenly he noticed something: the other two centaurs...they were nowhere to be seen.
mothspit mothspit
The lady Lambent smiled as Nova pulled her close. She lifted her chin, leaning on the strong shoulder.
She chuckled at Nova's proposition.
"Now that would be delightfully scandalous. This isn't my house though, I don't know it. Why don't we go explore?"
mothspit mothspit

The fondness in Pyrrhus' eyes as he looked down at Crow was painfully obvious. "That works both ways Crow." He told him gently.
Pearl had a marvelous idea to get the centaurs away from the central hall.
"Can you do that?" Pyrrhus asked excitedly. "If we can get them away from the ballroom, we might be able to help get them out of the castle!"
He took Pearl's hands, there was hope in his eyes. "It is worth trying. If you can get them away, come and find me. We'll get some of the others to help."
It was time to part ways soon and Pyrrhus watched Crow leave to find the house heads while he turned for the armoury.
Goonfire Goonfire HumbugPie HumbugPie

Azaria didn't take long to appear. Pyrrhus was just opening the door when she appeared behind him, giving him a small fright.
"I wish you would make some noise when you walk!" He said in exasperation. When she handed him the dagger he looked at her with alarm.
"What in Goddess' name did you do?"
Still he took the blade, albeit reluctantly, and watched her go with a frown.
Zazz Zazz

As he pushed the door open he felt someone behind him and sighed.
"I thought I told you not to sneak--" but his words died on his lips when he turned to look. His eyes went wide with shock.
Lassard was watching him with a cold, calculating gaze. He smiled, a joyless, wolfish thing.
"I knew you weren't from our new colony."
He advanced and Pyrrhus backed into the room. There was little light but he could see the walls lined with weapons. He grabbed the first sword he touched and turned it on the elf.
"You will let me pass."
Lassard's smile widened and he stepped aside. "By all means."
Pyrrhus did not go right away but watched him closely.
"Oh, you might want to hurry." Lassard added, examining his nails. "Those other two centaurs. The slaves of Brynson. They might have run into a little trouble. Didn't you know this place is crawling with assassins?"
The bottom dropped from Pyrrhus stomach. He felt sick.
"Where are they?!" He swung the blade with deadly accuracy, stopping it just before the elf's throat. Lassard didn't flinch.
He cursed. They both knew Pyrrhus had no choice.
"The gardens." Lassard's smile never waivered.
Without another word Pyrrhus was away, cantering down the hall. Lassard had played his cards, and if Pyrrhus wanted to save his people, he had to run straight into the trap. The dagger he had been meant to give to Trileon has still in his other hand.
Zazz Zazz mothspit mothspit LazyDaze LazyDaze Goonfire Goonfire Flutterby Flutterby HumbugPie HumbugPie

Last edited:
Trileon silently watched Az follow the slaver from across the room, and anxiously shifted her weight from side to side, taking large gulps of the bubbling alcohol in hand. She didn't have the nerve for this kind of work, but maybe.. maybe it was something she could get used to, if it meant helping those like Atteyo and those enslaved alongside him. The beastwoman waited until Azaria arrived again, passing her a nod across the crowd. She returned it with a small exhale, surprisingly feeling a great sense of gratitude for the assassin. They might actually pull this off, afterall. Taking in a breathe of confidence, she moved to head to the garden. There couldn't be many guards-- And push come to shove, her beast magic proved useful more than once now on this trip. She could overpower them easily.. Right?

Just as she turned to head down the corridor in question, she noticed someone approach her from the corner of her eye-- It was Atteyo himself. She inhaled sharply at the sight of his injured leg; That slaver must have seen them speak earlier, and punished him for it. Trileon grimaced to herself, a sharp twinge of guilt surging down her spine. But whatever he had to speak with her about needed to wait, there was no telling how much time she would have to take out the guards, especially if other guests had found their way there. Still, she met him halfway in stride, speaking in a hushed whisper, "Atteyo.." A sympathetic frown overtook her, "I am sorry this is happening, but please, you mustn't come near me. Not yet."

She softly touched his forearm, leading him closer to a more secluded area of the room, "I promise you, we will free you from this place. I have a plan-- When it is time, I will come find you. Until then, please.." Her eyes flicked down to his injured leg, "..Try to push through. Continue as if nothing is amiss. I will heal you once we are safe from this hellscape. I swear it."

Trileon gently took hold of his hand and kissed the back of it, leaving him with a reassuring squeeze. Soon, she was headed toward the garden, her eyes carefully trained for any guards that might be in her way..

SilverFlight SilverFlight Zazz Zazz

Nova opened her mouth to reply to the Lady's flirtatious comments, but quickly stopped herself when she noticed a familiar bird-face staring her down from the balcony, just above Lady Lambent's head. Talk about creepy. But, the way he was carrying himself seemed.. odd. Was he trying to get her attention..? He turned his head in one particular direction, and Nova's eyes followed him. ..Thank the Gods, someone else must have met a house head. Shooting Crow a grateful wink, Nova delightfully linked her arm with Lady Lambent's and began heading the way Crow had pointed, "Gladly. You mentioned that you have an.. authoritative presence. Perhaps you could enlighten me further."

Goonfire Goonfire SilverFlight SilverFlight

Iolas watched as Crispin took his leave. If he really was Desrick's brother then Ora would be safe with him. He looked around once again, unable to see Lassard...he actually wasn't ready for him just yet so this was a good thing. He doubted the knife he was given by Azaria would be enough to take him on, but It would definitely come in handy should some would be assassin attempts to kill him. Iolas glanced around, happy to see that everyone was moving accordingly and actually starting to communicate and coordinate. If they were to win then they would have to be a high functioning unit. The threat of the assassins were still there; however, it was no longer a looming cloud that seemed abstract. Now that they knew of the threat, movement became more free. The final step of Iolas's plan was to provide the pressure needed for the nobles to turn on Everreach. Iolas had circled back around to the room he had noticed earlier. Hopefully Crow would be there, with the weapons already secure. Enough time had passed, and he had spent time viewing the movements of those who were his allies, he was certain Lassard did the same. Of course it would all be for naught if he was dead, but Iolas was a glass half full kinda guy. When he opened it he was shocked to see Lohrithe and Desrick already inside....actually they were about to head out.

"Sorry... am I interrupting something," Iolas said with a smile as he closed the door behind him. "I was expecting someone else if I am being completely honest. Well, beggars cannot be choosers. I digress, are you ready to turn the tides on my ignorant cousins? If you would, lend me a moment of your time because I am pretty sure I am running out."

SilverFlight SilverFlight Zazz Zazz

As she waited for Crispin to pull away with her, his last few words flying between them, Ora's eyes passed over to Iolas. Her stomach clenched. He was playing the game at a much higher level- assuming he stayed with them, it would be worst for him. They would be dispatched quickly, quietly, by shadowy nobodies. But Lassard was after him personally. Thinking back to the way Lassard had looked at them, standing in the orc camp, she knew that it would not be quick for Iolas. Ora blinked at him.. and then Crispin agreed to leave, and she plastered a grin across her face.
"Oh, do have a good evening, sir!" She chirped, and then she followed Crispin away, and hoped she would see Iolas again.
LazyDaze LazyDaze
As their steps carried them away from the elf, Ora scanned the room again with a smile.
"We have a shadow. Tall man, probably an elf, wearing purple and silver, very square mask. He's been watching me since just before we danced, I think. We need to.. do something.. about that. And then we need to tell the others what Iolas told you."
When he pulled her up, she turned to face him, and fiddled with his clothes, brushing away tiny dust and admiring the details. When she heard what he was listening to, her whole body tensed.
"The Grand Dragon is said to be old as the land itself. The first dragon, the master of fire, and so the first smith, and its hoard is the source of Dwerstand's riches, consumed by the mountains after it fell asleep. There's a story my nursemaid told, about it being cursed by the people of the darklands, darkening it's heart, but.. There are many stories about the Grand Dragon, some newer than others. They're mostly superstition." Ora gave a vague shrug, and shook her head slightly.
"I mean, there are dragons. None of them are friendly. And the Grand Dragon is said to be the most terrible of them, powerful enough to destroy Dwerstand, and beyond, and take back all the riches that have been taken out of the hoard."
She swallowed, and now her hand shook a little, as she reached up and straightened a feather at the edge of his mask.
"Its.. an ancient belief.. there are some places that reasonable dwarves just don't dig. Some go as far as to not touch the very center of any mount." There was a pause, and she added in a whisper, "Fear of the dragon, and what it stood for, is one of the first things I can remember. Fear like that- even when its irrational- can be manipulated. If Evereach took the bell.."
She pursed her lips. "The bell is real, even I've seen it. But Evereach stealing it.. frankly, I don't see how it would be possible. Its massive, the size of a good house. It's been guarded by Dwerstand since before memory begins, how could anyone even move it?"
Ora turned her head, to try and catch a closer look at the nobles gossiping, but what actually caught her eye was Pyrrhus making his way through the ballroom, not as discreetly as he should have been. What is skies name was he doing?
Zazz Zazz mothspit mothspit LazyDaze LazyDaze Goonfire Goonfire HumbugPie HumbugPie

With the approval of her friends, Pearl tipped the wine onto the carpet, creating a sizable mess and laid the glass beside it as though it had been dropped, "I will try my best, Pyrrhus. For you," she moved closer to the centaur and gave him a reassuring hug before wandering off in the direction of Crow. In a calm, yet swift motion, she squeezed his arm and then left to descended the grand stair case, looking around for the enslaved centaurs. Her eyes came across Azaria, speaking with one of them in a hushed way and as Pearl's eyes scanned the room more widely, she spotted Trileon watching the half-dark elf across the room. They must be working togther, she thought. She must make her way to Trileon and figure out what they were planning and if her idea could aid in their arrangement.

Making her way through the crowd was tricky - there were partners dancing and nobles gathering in groups to converse. She had to weave through each congregation with grace, but her patience was beginning to wear thin. It was like trying to find the exit of an elaborate, moving labyrinth. Finally, she reached Trileon. Taking one deep breath and exhaling, she took one of Trileon's hands and turned to the side, speaking to her without looking directly, "I see you have some kind of plan with Azaria," Pearl kept a smile on her lips, looking around as if she was taking in the extravagance of the ball, "I had one myself and have set up the scene. If you can direct me to the three centaurs in need of direction, I can escort them to an area that is unguarded." The water elf finally turned to her accomplice and looked her in the eye, "once they are preoccupied with what I have set out, I will appear on the top of the stairs as though I am admiring the setting. This is when I will need your help to get them out. Does this meet well with what you and Azaria had in mind?" In her head, Pearl was begging that their plans would mesh together. To see Pyrrhus with hope in his eyes had made her desperate to save the poor slaves.
SilverFlight SilverFlight mothspit mothspit Zazz Zazz

Thank Summrbrynde... Nova had read the cryptic clues fairly well. With senses that keen, she would no doubt notice the more of light on the writing room door. Crow was planning to wait for them, until he heard a familiar galloping. None of the other slaves would have reason to run, so this was already cause enough for concern. He glanced over to see Pyrrhus making his way towards the garden. The gleam of a sword caught the inquisitor’s eye; it alarmed him, alerted him of the brewing trouble, and caused his feet to instinctively carry him down the stairs. The whole time, he noted the assassin closing in on him. He needed a weapon immediately, to aide Pyrrhus and save himself. That was when he noticed the curtain rod suspended over the window nearest the door to the garden...

mothspit mothspit SilverFlight SilverFlight

Atteyo drew back from Trileon, a look of hurt on his face. "The other one said you could help me...but now the other two are missing."
The sound of centaur hooves to him was unmistakable and he looked to see if his friends had returned, but he saw the strange centaur instead, and he looked determined...and fearful.
"I think something is wrong." Atteyo told her gravely. "Is that someone you know?"
His eyes fell to the cuffs, as if he had just realized something and a look of utter astomishment crossed his face.
"The slaver's will...it is gone."
That was all he needed. Atteyo dropped the tray he was carrying and started towards the garden door where Pyrrhus had gone.
mothspit mothspit

Lady Lambent laughed airily. "My dear, my house may not be one of the strongest, but we are one of the best informed. People trust our knowledge. Some pay quite a high price for it too...why? Is there something you want to know?" She threw a deviously-coy smile at her new acquaintance as she traced a finger down her arm. "Because it is going to cost you."
mothspit mothspit

"You're not interrupting a thing." Desrick answered a little too quickly. He tossed Iolas the cloth bag and let him have his pick of the weapons contained.
"Has something happened?"
Desrick took a quick look outside. He saw Pyrrhus cantering by.
"I think something has happened." He told them grimly. "Pyrrhus is heading toward the garden and he's not being subtle about it."
Desrick chose his weapon, a thick short sword, and hid it under his jacket. "We need to follow. Whatever Lassard was planning...I think he's making his move."
The orc lead their way, skirting the ballroom and heading for the garden doors.
LazyDaze LazyDaze Zazz Zazz

Crispin couldn't believe what he was hearing. Dragons? But he tore himself away from the impossibility of it and tried to focus on the task at hand.
"Right, deal with our tail, then get to the others. Any ideas?"
He didn't need to think much farther than that because at that moment he caught sight of Desrick, who pointed to the garden door.
"I think I know where we need to go." He told Ora quickly, taking her hand in his and leading the way.
Flutterby Flutterby

Pyrrhus slowed as he picked his way down the wide, marble steps. The garden was massive, half-hidden behind high hedgerows, ornate topiaries and beds with the most exotic flowers he had ever seen. Under different circumstances, Pyrrhus would have loved it here, but the shadow of the assassin that vanished around a corner jolted his heart into a faster beat.
He sped down the gravel path, sliding around the corner and came upon a dire scene:
The two centaurs, freed from the slaver's will had been able to put up a miraculous fight. There were four fallen assassin's and the woman wielded one of their blades with a deadly expertise. The man had been injured, blood running from a long gash in his flank, but it looked like a flesh wound only. For now, they were both alive, but there were eleven more elves crowding the pair, brandishing blades as if they meant to finish them.
Pyrrhus gave a cry and charged.

From a distance Lassard watched. He was hidden from the doorway and told two more of his guards to watch the entrance, surprising the first who walked through. From the intel his men had given him, the centaur had the papers...but he wouldn't for long.
Zazz Zazz Goonfire Goonfire mothspit mothspit Flutterby Flutterby LazyDaze LazyDaze HumbugPie HumbugPie

((Feel free to control any of the assassin people. But not Lassard :3))

Last edited:
Trileon opened her mouth to reply, but never got the chance-- Atteyo realized he was free and took off without another moments notice, leaving her with her mouth agape. This wasn't going the way it was supposed too, and that fact became all the more evident when she witnessed Pyrrhus less-than-gracefully advanced toward the garden, Atteyo trailing behind him. Something happened, though she didn't know what. Things had already begun to collapse, and she didn't have enough time to stop her centaur friend. Additionally, the woman Pearl had apparently gotten wind of what the beastwoman was up too. She spun her head around with a quickness, unable to form a coherent thought in one small moment of panic. A bolt of adrenaline shooting down her spine, she regarded Pearl with only a small nod, "Find Desrick and the others. I believe we've been discovered."

Trileon followed her friend to the garden. "Pyrrhus!" She called after him, picking up the ends of her dress to run across the grass. From the corner of her eye, she noticed a shadow rush to her side-- One of the guards that had watched the entrance-- but it was too late; The butt of a sword making firm contact with the side of her head. With a hard 'oomf,' Trileon collapsed to the ground, the mask she was wearing sent flying across the lawn. The assassin that had taken her down raised a large broadsword high above her head, and she rolled out of the way just before it sank into the earth. She jumped back to her feet and gave her head a good shake; Blood was running down her face from her scalp, but she shook off the pain with a scoff. No time to worry about it now. She quickly bundled the ends of her long dress into one hand and, with a freshly-transformed dragon talon, sliced the excess off, allowing her the proper mobility of her legs. Much better.

The assassin charged her, and after dodging the first swing of his sword, she kicked him hard in the center of his chest. He stumbles and drops his sword, opting to now engage in a fist fight. Trileon danced and moved out of his reach, until she see's her opportunity-- He trips on his on sword, falling to one knee. Trileon snatches it from under him and drives the blade through his calf, pinning him there in the dirt. She gave a large exhale, spit out a mouthful of blood, and continued down the gravel path..

..Only to see a horrific sight. There were the other centaurs, Pyrrhus included, engaged in a heated battle. Trileon joined with a quickness, taking to Pyrrhus' back to defend from one side.

"My friend!" She shouted, narrowly avoiding the blade of an elf, "It seems we had the same idea!"

SilverFlight SilverFlight HumbugPie HumbugPie

Nova gulped. Man, talk about wrong time and place.. Oddly enough, there goes the centaur of their party, and.. Trileon. Huh. Alright, something was up, and Nova had half a mind to find out. She raised her head when they approached the aforementioned writing room, and opened the door for the Lady and herself to both enter. Shutting it behind them, she kept her back pressed to it, crossing both arms over her chest. "Actually, it's me that has something you need to know." She began, taking a deep breathe, "Believe me, I would totally jump at this opportunity, but we don't have a lot of time for that. That Everreach guy? General Lassard? He's been up to some really criminal shit lately; Including slave trading. We have proof."

Nova opened the door and took one step outside before addressing the noble one final time, "And, if I'm totally honest, I get the feeling something really bad is about to happen. He might already know we're here to stop him."

With a cheeky albeit nervous grin, she pulled the Lady into a delicate embrace, and planted a firm kiss on her lips, "..Find your noble friends. The House heads. Bring them here. On the off chance I don't die, we'll talk later."

With that, Nova shut the door behind her, and made her way toward the supposed source of trouble: The garden.

Iolas held in a chuckle behind Desrick's hurried speech as the procured weapons were shoved into him. He noticed that Deserick's attention wavered which in turn made Iolas glance back as well. To his surprise he saw the centaur moving with such fevor that Desrick felt the need to the need to follow him in that very instant. Even though ut was brief, Iolas saw the concern on his face. Of course, Iolas could have stopped him in that instant; however, he was concerned by Pyrrhus’s apparent worry. Was he in danger, was someone else in danger? Assassins and soldiers were still abound, so stopping Pyrrhus would only make him a sitting target and it could possibly end the lives of others if he is indeed rushing in for someone else. Iolas surmised it was likely the latter. Given Pyrrhus's selfless nature, it is only natural that another's predicament would procure such a response. Iolas allowed Desrick to leave as he took a glance at the weapons, repeating Desrick’s words in his head. “Lassard has undoubtably made his move...”

Panicking and cutting corners would only hinder them in the long run; however, time was still of the essence. Iolas was no fortune teller, but he could basically see the webs scattered about them, and it was Lassard who was spinning the thread. Iolas picked out two double edged swords, not unlike the ones he had left at Gideon’s estate. Equal weight, and fairly light but sturdy. It was a small victory, but a victory nonetheless, for without these blades Iolas felt powerless and weak. However, he was no longer a pawn in Lassard's game.

Iolas stood silent, unsure of what to do as he left the storage room. This only made him more anxious as the stakes continued to rise. He could use the opportunity to one up Everreach, or he could waltz into the trap with the others. Iolas could not help but imagine the worse should he leave them to their devices, and he was sure others would rush in as well. He selfishly tried to convince himself that they would stay alive while he informed another house of Everreach’s misdeads, but Iolas chuckled at the thought as he remembered the old Iolas; the Iolas who only cared of the mission success. He had found a new purpose, as abstract as it might have seemed. He was to protect and save everyone…as impossible as it might have been. Plus, he owed Pyrrhus one anyway. Coming to this decision he picked up a small dagger, not wanting to waste Azaria's gift on his next move and left the storage room. "Honestly....they are all reckless," Iolas said shaking his head as he saw multiple bodies moving toward the garden. Iolas took off, but not before throwing the recently procured dagger at the ice scuplted centaur. The small crack grew into several other branches and chasms until it shattered. It was the perfect distraction, but it was also a statement of what was to come. Iolas was angry.

Quickly, he zigged through the ballroom, using his speed and quickness to overtake the others. He was calm, his blades were as feathers and his will was of iron. Bursting through the garden doors, not far behind Trileon, Iolas fears had to come to life. He could easily surmise what the situation had become, but luckily no one was fatally injured. That was when Trileon was blindsided, but before Iolas could render aid he noticed to glint in his peripheral vision. "An ambush...how hopelessly childish..." Without batting an eye, or even glancing in his direction Iolas drew a single blade and dispatched him with a total of only 3 strikes. The first strike parried the initial blow, the second sent his weapon flying, and the last blade pierced the grunt soldier in the abdomen for a non lethal but crippling blow. It was over in less than a second. He stood tall, glaring at him in contempt for such an attempt at his life. "I believe all can be saved, but an angel I am not. Do not tempt me with your lives," Iolas stated with authority before knocking him unconscious with a mighty kick. He looked up to see Trileon was finishing up her battle and did not need his aid. He then drew his second blade as he noticed something that wasn’t there to be noticed. “Where is Lassard!” Iolas stated firmly. Iolas would not be content with the small fry while the main threat loomed over them.

SilverFlight SilverFlight mothspit mothspit

Pearl noticed how distracted Trileon was and hearing Pyrrhus' distant scream, she turned her head swiftly to see what was going on. A large gasp escaped her mouth and she looked back at Trileon in a shocked manner, frozen on the spot as her comrade made a dash toward the captured centaurs. With her heart pounding out of her chest and each breath feeling like a miracle, the water elf made for the exit, stopping just before she reached the end of the crowd inside the ballroom. It took all of her strength to turn back and search for Desrick, but she knew the orc would be able to fight off the guards much more easily than herself. She reached him just as Iolas rushed by, the ice sculpture shattering behind her. Pearl took lots of little breaths, swallowing after every sentence, "we've been discovered," she panted, her breath a sign of how stressed she was feeling, "we need your man power. Pyrrhus is in trouble. We all are." Just as she finished speaking, an assassin came dashing towards them, dagger in hand. He must have spotted her speaking with Trileon. Pearl dogged the man, falling onto her butt and scrambling backwards to get out of his way. Her shoulders met with the leg of a table and she quickly used it to stand back up, grabbing a fork to defend herself, "better than nothing." She held the improvised weapon up and made a stabbing motion at the man close by his abdomen. The assassin made a downward cutting motion just as she pulled her fighting arm back, the tip of his blade slicing through the side of her arm. She made a loud yelp and grabbed onto her wound, blood dripping down her elbow as she elevated her arm and ran towards Desrick. Pearl hid behind him and kneeled on the floor as she pulled a table cloth off of one of the dining tables, ripping it into a tourniquet to stem the bleeding. A large clanking noise brought her attention to a cake knife that had fallen onto the marble floor from the cloth. Pearl grabbed it, gave it to Desrick, peeped her head around his leg and threw the fork at the assassin's face.

SilverFlight SilverFlight mothspit mothspit LazyDaze LazyDaze

"Are you armed?" She said softly, her eyes on Desrick. Pyrrhus had been carrying a sword, and it looked like Desrick might be hiding one too. She had a small dagger hidden inside her dress, but it would be too obvious to reach for it right then. "I think that room has some weapons."
He didn't seem to hear her though, because Desrick pointed to the door, which she knew lead to a beautiful garden, and Crispin didnt wait before starting to move. His hand grasped hers, and he pulled her quickly along. They skirted the edge of the ballroom, opposite of Desrick's path. She lost sight of the orc, just after seeing Pearl head his way.
"Wait!" Ora hissed, "How do we know-"
Her voice cut off, as the room gasped around her. She followed the collective gaze- the centaur ice sculpture. It had shattered, the tiny cubes skittering across the floor and glinting in the moonlight like diamonds. It held her attention in that uncomfortable way for a moment, and then she caught herself. By then, they were at the doorway of the garden. She couldn't see their tail any more, but it was only a matter of time before he found them again.

In front of them, Trileon and Iolas had made short work of two guards. Trileon was already darting away, deeper into the garden, but Iolas stopped to question where their dear friend Lassard was. Ora wiggled her hand free of Crispin's, with only a pinch of regret. The guard that had encountered Trileon had since fainted, sprawled on the ground with the sword still sticking straight into the air. He would not cause them trouble, not with a leg in that state, so Ora pulled the sword up for her own use. She pointed to another loose sword, laying on the ground a few feet away, for Crispin. As she did, she spoke to Iolas.
"Likely nearby, watching until the outcome is certain." She had no clue about the situation, what the possible outcomes could be, or how possible a favorable one even was, but Lassard wouldn't risk himself. He was the mastermind, not the pawn. He would watch them until he had enough information to make his next move. Nearby, she heard Trileon's voice again, and the sounds of a small battle. That was where their focus needed to be. But the thought of the elf in purple made her hesitate.
"We had a tail, elf in purple. Should be catching up soon," She said quietly to Iolas, her grip tightening on the sword as she waited for motion on the other side of the door. She saw his shiny silver mask first. There was a long, skinny blade in his hand that hadn't been there before. He saw her, on the other side of the door, and lunged forward with surprising silence, straight past Iolas and the downed guards. Ora parried, but realized he was much taller than she had thought. She would need help.
mothspit mothspit HumbugPie HumbugPie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back