• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Setting Summer Dawn

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
There was rising applause, and then the party proceeded like any other. Ora was frozen to the spot, staring at the black crystal. There was utter confusion on her face. As she became aware of the murmur of the crowd as they began pleasantries, Ora took a few steps to the side, tracing a small arc around the crystal. It was completely dark from every angle; she knew that it must have facets, grooves, planes.. but they didn't reflect light, they consumed it. It took all of her concentration to see its physical shape. She found herself, almost morbidly, wanting to touch it. But the other guests were not as fascinated, they went about their business as candles helped light the room, and Ora glanced around (for Lassard), hoping she hadn't made her fixation obvious.

She wasn't aware that someone else was fixated on her with the same concentration. The figure flitted from in between others at the edge of the room- if she had noticed, she didn't process the visual quickly enough to recognize it. It wasn't until she had turned from the crystal, set her shoulders, and decided to return to the others, that she saw the mask through the crowd.
The colors were too perfect. There was a lot of imagination in that room, but the mask approaching her was not imagination. It was reality. It was the face of the little bird that had stepped into her arm readily, to keep them (she told herself that Desrick was at least part of the them) connected if needed.
She knew none of their group came dressed that way. Struggling through primal fear and confusion, she tried to place why the movement of the figure was familiar. Her eyes made out the suggestion of red in the hair, but the darkness made it hard to tell. Her throat tightened anyway.
The man stopped in front of her, and now she could clearly make out the color of his eyes. She was instantly embarrassed of the decision to change her own to blue.

Her hand darted up, toward his mask, as if she would rip it off. You cannot make a scene.
The hand stopped, hesitated, and came to rest on his cheek. Ora stared up at him, her face clearly showing her utter bewilderment, unable to puzzle out how he was standing in front of her. I have lost my mind. This is a dream. Or a trap- no, how could it be? No one knows about.. well, there isn't anything to know about. We barely spoke. There's nothing for anyone to know to trick me with.. So it has to be real.
"I would love to." The words came out without her permission; her face flashed true surprise underneath a pink tinge. Was it automatic, the proper response? Or did she mean it? Ora withdrew her hand from his face, blinking rapidly a few times.
How did you get here? How did you get in? Do you know what's happening, how much danger is here? How did you know I was wishing to see you?
She couldn't decide what words to say first, they were all rushing to get out all at once, tumbling over one another in a stampede of questions. To stop any of them, she had to stop all of them. Finally, lamely, she said, "But you- um you should say hello to your- your family first," She cleared her throat, and turned to look for Desrick and Lohr, needing someone to distract him; she couldn't get herself under control when he was looking at her. She had to focus. They were supposed to be working. He is in danger here. Desrick will know what to do. Desrick will send him home.
SilverFlight SilverFlight

Once guests started to dissipate and spread across the room, Trileon's eyes were transfixed to the floating candles above. Her head followed a single candle as it quietly sailed through the air, like a leaf lost from it's branch, and she followed it-- At one point, it dipped low, and she gently caressed it but for a moment before pushing it back into the air, little trails of melted wax chasing after it. Nova watched her from a few feet away, her eyes carefully scanning the room for any suspicious entities. Getting the other house heads alone wouldn't be easy-- In this sea of hidden faces, colorful hues, and elaborate garments, there was no telling who was who. Summerbrynde himself could be hidden among them in all the chaos, and they'd never know. Still, better to keep an eye out.. Nova slowly began circling the open area where guests began to dance, as Trileon found herself overwhelmed with the multitude of elegant displays; Not for their beauty, but their cheap insincerity. The stars were beautiful, even in this side of the land, but they did not belong here. This place was not their home. Cyndaran darkness was the only place for Cyndabrynde-- And it was like they had kidnapped her. So typical of them, wasn't it?

The beastwoman quickly recovered, reaching beneath her mask to wipe away a stray tear. Myst Queen, guide me through this hellscape, so that I may return home in one piece. When she turned her head, her eyes locked on the ice sculpture. A proud centaur, taking aim with a sharp arrow. Mighty, strong, authoritative.. and yet here they had them in chains. Maybe that was why. They feared those stronger than them. As if her feet moved independent of her own direction, Trileon had quickly approached one of the servant centaurs, clearing out her throat and smoothing out the front of her dress, "Hello," She said meekly, "I am Trileon. What is your name?"

Meanwhile, Nova had managed to procure herself a drink, sipping a bubbly substance from a tall glass. The booze was like that.. uptight-hardly-any-alcohol-in-it kind of booze. Where was the ale? Blegh, it would do. Now, where to start? She entered the sea of masked faces, one hand protectively placed on her midrif-- her small dagger concealed there beneath her dress. The mercenary locked eyes with a few unfamiliar faces, some much more suggestive than others, but eventually settled on the delicate wallflower approach; Leaning against one wall, glass in hand, her expression sad and dejected.. as much as it could be behind her mask, anyway.

Crow measured each step carefully, keeping Pearl close. Wealthy Sumennans had a strange walk, almost like a floating march. “You’re doing great so far, Pearl. Keep it up,” he muttered. His astute gaze fixed itself on another figure in the room, a man in Black robes that seemingly drank the light. There he was, the unmistakable stoic specter that was the high inquisitor. The man was pouring over the room, locking onto Crow for a brief moment that seemed like an eternity in hell. It made the young hybrid feel as though he had been harshly judged before the event had even started. The bishop was wearing a gold-laced ivory skull mask, giving him a ghastly, grim reaper-like visage. What the hell was this man’s concept of a Cyndaran, truly? Eventually, the piercing—nay, dissecting—stare shifted elsewhere as the intimidator faded back into the crowd, lifting a weight off Crow’s chest for the moment. However, the relief was short-lived...

The sight of the enslaved centaurs made Crow’s blood boil. If he and Pyrrhus were on the same page, they weren’t leaving without freeing those three. That orb lended some credibility to the allegations of treason; it was a clear sign Evereach had already cut a few throats to get this far, and that they would slit several thousand more to try and sate an endless, ravenous hunger for wealth, power, and land, be they Sumennan or Cyndaran throats.

So this is what the night looked like... Crow had never seen it before, and he wished it would’ve been under better circumstances so he could’ve enjoyed it. “We need to report to Bishop Stenmann first,” he quietly reported to Pearl, using just enough volume for Pyrrhus to also hear if he leaned in to listen. “As much as I hate to say, he will be the most likely to believe us, and if we have his help, we may be able to spread the word to other houses with greater ease.” He understood that high-ranking officials of the seven houses could be the perfect assets, pawns that could coordinate with one another when set into motion. Was it terrible of him, to think of his adoptive father as one such pawn? In his opinion, not in the slightest; this was the sick game of a House Cautura Inquisitor, and no matter how much Crow hated it, he knew damn well how to play it.

SilverFlight SilverFlight HumbugPie HumbugPie

Last edited:
The fear in Crispin's eyes was evident when Ora made to take his mask, but her gentle touch on his cheek made him relax again. He closed his eyes for a moment, relishing it before fixing her with a careful stare.
The music began and soon the guests were pairing off, moving to the center of the room, which had once been filled with sunlight but now was drenched in the silver glow of the moon and a thousand attending stars. Crispin stepped forward, took her hand and slid the other about he waist. A mischievous smile touched his lips. He was close enough not to whisper in her ear.
"I didn't go through all the trouble to get here...to 'say hello' to my brother."
Then he was guiding her under the moonlight. The steps he took here only a little uncertain, as if he'd studied the dances already. He was very close.
"There is something happening in Cyndara. I came to find you all because its something you need to know about...and with that great black crystal up there...I think things are all the more urgent."
There was a spin and he turned her away, drawing her back as he circled round.
"...The Myst queen is preparing for war."
Flutterby Flutterby

Desrick tried to keep an eye on Lassard, but was relieved when Azaria took Iolas to keep a watch on him. Lassard had not noticed them. His eyes were fixed on the centaurs. Desrick's gut twisted as he shifted his attention onto Pyrrhus. His expression gave the orc a sinking feeling. He was planning something.
mentioned: Zazz Zazz LazyDaze LazyDaze

Pyrrhus dipped his head to hear Crow's plan. He was still looking at the centaur slaves, now carrying platters of food and serving indifferent guests.
"Okay, but how do we get him alone? We can't go about flashing the evidence we found just anywhere."
Pyrrhus patted the breast of his jacket, in which the papers were hidden, tucked in an inside pocket.
"Perhaps we should try to find a few more house heads. The more we can convince, the better."
The centaur looked around for a moment. "With masks it won't do much good to know the faces but...there is a certain way people in power carry themselves...There!"
Pyrrhus pointed subtly to a small cluster of three nobles. He watched them incline their heads respectfully to the Brynson leader as he walked past, but they carried themselves with authority still.
"Who are they?"
Goonfire Goonfire HumbugPie HumbugPie

The centaur Trileon had spoken too suddenly looked frightened. His head darted around to a man not far off, though his attention was elsewhere. He was likely the one who had spelled the cuffs, and therefore controlled the centaurs.
"Atteyo." The centaur answered Trileon timidly. "I can't speak." He added and took up a tray carefully. "I will be punished."
mothspit mothspit

Someone approached Nova. She had a confident air, but reserved. Her auburn hair was done up with beaded ivy vines and her dress was a matching deep green. On her finger sat a ring of gold which bore the crest of one of the lesser houses.
"Why aren't you dancing my dear?" She asked Nova softly.
mothspit mothspit

Trileon's expression crumbled behind her mask. Punished for speaking? Such a level of cruelty was so foreign to her, and yet the pain on Atteyo's face was enough to cause her to ache for him. She followed his eyes to the man across the room, and quickly put two-and-two together. If these people wanted to go free, he was the man to take down. But.. how? Trileon wasn't a fighter, and even if she was, what would it take to remove their chains? Killing him, knocking him unconscious? If so, it needed to be done as quietly possible.. And even though it wasn't the assigned task at hand, she couldn't stand by and let this injustice persist.

"A fine name, Atteyo." She whispered gently, reaching out to delicately touch his golden cuffs, "I.. am sorry they do this to you."

She made a small hand gesture indicating he didn't have to reply, and continued, "They erect statues in your image, but keep you.. like this. Because they fear you, Atteyo. They underestimate you. They want to control something stronger than themselves, but still admire it's beauty. Well, if you ask me, that seems a bit unfair, doesn't it?"

Trileon inhaled sharply, her lips forming a thin line, "No longer, Atteyo. No longer."

With that, she left him with a small curtsy, a confident (albeit small) fire burning inside of her as she walked away. Nova had slipped away at some point, but that didn't matter-- She needed to speak with someone who understood doing things discreetly. And though it burned her to think about, there was at least one person among them that could do that.. Azaria. It didn't take long for Trileon to recognize the assassin, with her undeniably beautiful dress, there on the upper level of the room. Iolas was with her as well, dressed fashionably in white. She ascended the stairs with a quickness, slipping between guests as they passed downward.

"..Excuse me," She blurted firmly, her eyes crinkling behind the mask as if she were angry, "I need your help."

Azaria was the last person she wanted to ask, but she couldn't deny that her tactics were.. fruitful.

Zazz Zazz SilverFlight SilverFlight

Nova raised her head from despondently swirling her glass, playing up a feigned look of shyness. With a tiny, timid grin, Nova gave a short bow to the woman in front of her as a sign of respect. From this angle, she casually noticed the ring on the woman's finger-- House Lambent's family crest. Bingo. One down. Now to get her to agree to meet up somewhere in private. Somewhere the other house heads would be. Had anyone else found the others? Shit. What if they go to separate locations? Better make this quick, then..

"It's tragic, really," She said with a melancholy sigh, "You see that woman there?"

Nova pointed with one finger to Trileon, just as she was about to ascend the stairs to the upper level for some reason. Presumably to gawk at some of the higher candles floating in the air.

"She broke my heart. Kinda kills the dancing spirit, you know?" She took a small swig of her glass, passing off a sly look, "..Unless, of course, you're here to mend my wounded heart."

He saw right through her, and smirked as he did. Ora's breath caught when he touched her, but she didn't resist. I didn't go through all the trouble to get here to say hello to my brother. So it had been trouble- obviously- how had he done it? She ignored the second question that those words prompted, because she was not quite ready for the answer.
They stepped into the center of the room with the other guests, under moonlight that she didn't know she was missing, and he began to dance. He was hesitant, unsure, but definitely learned in the steps. How long has he been here? Was I- was he here and I was hiding in the forge? Who taught him? There were so, so many questions. And yet, she stayed silent, watching his face beneath his mask, and occasionally making a tiny adjustment to their motion.
She was beginning to relax, and was trying to decide where to start with the many, many questions when he spoke again. Ora waited for him to explain, even though her heart was already sinking. When he drew her back into him, her heart plummeted. They performed one step, then another, and another, before she spoke.

"I suppose.. it is the logical escalation after what Lassard did. But-" She glanced around them, and distress flashed across her features; it showed a little at the edges of her eyes under the mask, but mostly it showed in the tensing of her shoulders.
"I don't think anyone can win a war that has Evereach on the other side. Especially not with the rest of Sumenna following them." Her grip on his hand tightened, and her tail kinked toward her ankle. This party trick had to work- she should be helping find the leaders of the houses.
"We.. shouldn't wait too long to tell the others." Ora glanced back over one of her shoulders, as if she was checking for eavesdroppers.
"But.. I'm glad you made it here safely. I have a lot of questions- how and when you got here, who taught you to dance-" Her eyes narrowed momentarily, as she wondered if Pyrrhus had something to do with this surprise.
"This was dangerous, maybe even foolish.. but I am happy to see you." Finally, her face relaxed into a small smile. She pretended like the mask would cover any trace of pink still coloring her face.
"Very happy, despite everything."

Iolas was impressed yet taken aback by her spontaneity as she took his arm. He was not prepared for such a gesture although it was probably obvious they would have to interact in some way. Her first comment, or taunt, surprised him even more as he closed his eyes as a guilty chuckle escaped his lips. "Are you asking me to incriminate myself," Iolas stated in an almost too innocent manner. She was right, the dress was merely an accessory; however, Iolas would rather answer this in the usual round about way. "The moon can only shine within the embrace of the night sky," Iolas responded again with a smile.

While being steered to the upper level for reasons unknown, Iolas noticed that Azaria seemed to be moving with a clear purpose, an intent beyond exploring and admiring the scene playing out before them. He allowed himself to be dragged to the end so that he could ascertain this intent as he took in everything around him. This was his first social gathering in a long time, he wished it was under better circumstances. After reaching the upper deck Iolas noticed that there were less people to be noticed. They were alone, well as alone as one could get at such a grand event. (For what purpose did she separate from everyone?)

Iolas remained composed when she leaned in, he did not draw a breath lest it become a gasp to control his breathing. His only movement came from the twitch of his ears responding to the sound of her voice; however, what she uttered sent a chill down his spine. It was obvious in hindsight; however, sometimes even the obvious is invisible until someone points it out to us. Something was indeed off. Iolas smiled mischievously as his eyes darted around as if a great calamity was just around the corner. To onlookers it would seem as harmless flirtation. "Indeed, I was beginning to think it was me." When she slid in between him and the railing Iolas smiled to hide his embarrassment in such a situation in which he was supposed to be focused on the matter soon to be at hand instead of his primal instincts. It appeared on the surface that she was not completely repulsed by him, so that was a positive sign to say the least; however, it could all just be her doing her job. Even now Iolas would have to mentally check himself as he found himself flooded with thoughts that did not pertain to the mission. He needed to focus...but he couldn't.

Upon hearing her instruction Iolas placed his hand gently on her exposed cheek as he appeared to be looking right into her eyes; however, his attention was elsewhere as he opted to place more focus on his peripheral vision instead of completely turning around. He made out the image and then finally shot a quick glance to take in the unfocused image, Lassard. Iolas smiled when he saw him as he suddenly regretted not killing him on the ship although he was not sure if he would have been able to in the first place. Even with all that was happening, Iolas could not ignore the brief tension he felt from Azaria right before Lassard's entrance. He tilted her chin ever so slightly as he remained close enough for her to here him clearly. "...Stay composed, he is not alone." Iolas then pressed forward slightly with Azaria still in front of him as he placed his right hand on the rail and made a slight gesture toward the host who appeared to be preparing something. Almost immediately the doors were open and the centaur slaves had arrived and revealed a mysterious crystal that turned day into night leaving everyone in terror, awe, and confusion while Iolas maintained his composure outside of a brief flinch. It was beautiful; however, their was an ominous atmosphere...perhaps this was what gave Azaria pause, or maybe it just begun. He looked up at the stars, and their black canvas as he took it all in...the night sky.

"...You wear it better."

Zazz Zazz

The halfling assassin had to hold back a snarl at having to stop herself from throwing a knife at the Captain's throat. It came out as a growly sigh. "I know, I know. I can already pick out three other assassins." She sighed again and looked back up to him. She was glad he was here with her. He knew how to play the game, but he was also on the right side. She needed someone who she could trust to have her back.

His compliment cut through her frown, and Azaria's lips quirked up in a smirk. "Of course I do."

Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Trileon approach. Before she could quite reach them, Azaria excused herself from Iolas's presence and met the beastwoman behind a pillar. "You are the least inconspicuous creature in all the lands. Save Pearl, perhaps," she allowed. Getting back to business, Azaria folded her arms, looking formidable in her gown. "What is it?"

Pearl kept her eye on everyone in the room, scanning each individual in great detail. The fact that the captured centaurs were now being used as butlers made her insides quake. With each person who took something off of their platers, she clenched her teeth. How was this a normality to them? Using others as vessels for their enjoyment. Crow's comments made her feel more at ease with her surroundings. She relaxed her shoulders, "as are you, Crow," speaking to him with a kind tone, but without taking her eyes off of the nobles. One slight change could be the tell tale sign that they needed.

Listening in on Pyrrhus' questions, she kept a firm, yet unnoticable gaze on the nobles he was speaking about, "we need to lure them over. Look around, everyone is mingling - we need to do the same. Not only to fit in, but to get that evidence to those who need to see it," studying the three as she spoke, Pearl tried to mimic the way they were standing; shoulders back, head high, elegant but confident walking style. To gain their attention, they needed to act like them. They weren't going to talk to just anybody. She wanted to go over to them, but her stomach jumped, metaphorical butterflies flying and hitting the sides of her stomach, "look there," Pearl nodded her head in the direction of a woman dressed in a stunning white and blue dress, "that has to be Gladien Evereach. Look at the way she's carrying herself - she's always close by Lassard," she turned her head to look at the two emotionless men standing behind the high elf, "and those two men are her guards." This sent shudders down Pearl's spine. She knew how ruthless Gladien could be and that it was probably wise to keep distance between the group and her. She would definitely have a target on Pearl's back with everything she had done to stop the Evereachs from illegally fishing in Sapphire Shores' waters.
SilverFlight SilverFlight Goonfire Goonfire

Last edited:
Crow was rather confident in his statements. “Knowing the Bishop, he probably is on his way to find a more secluded area now. He already saw me; he knows me.”

Noting Pearl’s observations, he nodded his head. “Yes... I believe I see a Dwerstand noble up there, on the balcony, as well. He is nigh unmistakable. Shall we shadow him first, while those three finish their conversation?”

Iolas let out a muffled chuckle through his hand as he continued to keep up the noble act. Having the desire to kill go unfulfilled apparently made Azaria act like a spoiled kid, it was actually adorable in a twisted way; however, it was good that she already picked up on the security sprinkled around Lassard. It was not long after this that he also noticed Trileon making her way toward them. He was prepared to greet her; however, it was not meant to be as Azaria excused herself and went ahead on her own. "Surely you realize how ridiculous the moon looks without a sky, thank Summerbrynde for that crystal. Ahem, until we meet again." Iolas said dramatically as he bowed. Once she left he became upright and sighed. "A rejection a day keeps Lassard at bay," Iolas whispered to himself as he watched Azaria saunter away. He then turned back around, to make sure his statement held true as he kept a watchful eye on Lassard, making sure not to be too enveloped in his presence lest he draw attention to himself. Thankfully, so many others seemed to be enthralled with his existence as well; moreover, he did not seem to notice they were here. As he followed him with his eyes he saw many assassins, guards, and not all of them were for Lassard. There were probably a lot more, others were probably outside, or in other rooms. Iolas could definitely feel something bubbling under the surface of this event. It was as if their masks were a metaphor for the ball itself, for it seemed this was constructed for anything but a celebration. The shadows were warring and Iolas' only concern was what action to take should that war come to light. Iolas decided he should probably start to move, staying in one place only made you a landmark as you became synonymous with whatever area you planted yourself in. Eventually people would start to remember, and recognize you...and that would be annoying to say the least. "I guess dying here is not that bad. Looks nice and the floors are clean..."

Zazz Zazz mothspit mothspit SilverFlight SilverFlight

"No longer..." Atteyo's eyes went wide with fear.
"Please...please don't," but his voice was too soft to hear. He could only watch in terror as Trileon left him.

The woman gave a small laugh. "Some can bee too cruel, but, I'm not sure about mending your heart, but perhaps I can take away some of the pain?"
She held out a hand to Nova, a smile playing in her eyes.
mothspit mothspit

Crispin had spent the last few days being completely terrified almost all the time. When he had found the summons from the myst queen gathering men and women for war, he knew he had to warn Desrick and the others right away. Crispin had never thought of himself as especially brave or daring, but the urgency of the task had forced him to be both. He had nearly been caught several times once leaving the safety of the half-sun hills. Slavers ran wild, and bandits prowled the less-traveled roads. Crispin had avoided everything and snuck into the city and by Cyndara's merciful hand he found he fit in just well enough not to be noticed. From there is wasn't hard to enter into one of the houses as a servant. Gossip was rampant and he learned swiftly about the ball, about several guests whose names no one knew and about the 'mysterious surprise' Brynson had for their Evereach guests.
There were a few more clues Crispin had pieced together and everything had pointed to his friends being at this ball. Stealing the costume, mask and invitation had been the easy part.
He wanted to tell Ora all of this right then, but that would have to wait.
"We need to make sure the rest of Sumenna isn't going to stand by them, but they're clever damn them. They're twisting wrists faster than I can track."
He glanced around carefully, making sure there were no eavesdroppers nearby. "Please tell me you have a plan."
Flutterby Flutterby

Pyrrhus followed the conversation carefully.
"So, let's steer clear of the lady Evereach up there. Perhaps we can corral those nobles far enough away that we can get a word to them without high elf ears burning."
Crow pointed out a Dwerstand noble. "Remember what Gideon said, Evereach has something on Dwerstand, they likely won't have a choice in supporting Evereach, they may even try to quash anything that comes up against them."
His eyes shifted back to the bishop. "Should we all follow him?"

As Iolas ( LazyDaze LazyDaze ) made the decision to move Lassard vanished from view. It only took a few moments to close the distance.
"I am so glad you accepted my invitation." He appeared behind Iolas, as quiet as a cat. Seeming to come out of absolutely nowhere. He was wearing a smile sharp as knives.
"You didn't think I'd forget such an old friend, did you? But, what were you doing on my ship? Now, that was information worth a few slaves, don't you think? Oh, I wouldn't signal your friends if I were you. Terribly dark in here, we wouldn't want an accident."
His gaze shifted down to the second floor, where a woman in a panther mask shifted slightly closer to Desrick and Lohrithe.
"I think...you have something of mine." Lassard's tone tilted slowly towards dangerous. "I would like it back, but, take your time. Think about it a little. In the meanwhile I hope you enjoy the entertainment."
Just like that he was gone. Melted into the crowd.

Atteyo had rushed to the others, speaking quickly in his own tongue. The others gave him frightened looks. He didn't even notice the shadowy figure close behind him until he felt the pain. A cut on his hind leg in just the right place to hobble him. He saw the figure vanish, caught the slightest glimpse of a mask, but the injury made it hard for him to turn, hard to do much more than walk. He could only stand, holding the tray he'd been given to serve with, and wonder why.
LazyDaze LazyDaze Flutterby Flutterby mothspit mothspit Zazz Zazz Goonfire Goonfire HumbugPie HumbugPie

Iolas' eyes widened when Lassard completely disappeared from view. There was no way he could have lost him that easily, nor did he seem to disappear into the crowd. That was when he heard his voice behind him. Iolas' heart sank as he could already foresee the worst case scenario playing out. He did not flinch, nor did he move, In a position such as this either he was dead, or he was not. His next train of thought was answered quickly when he pointed out the danger Desrick and Lohr were in. The predicament, although dire, was not as troublesome as the fact that he knew they were connected, and if he knew that then everyone here was in danger. He listened as Lassard transition from playful to demonic, unsurprisingly they were on his bad side; however, there was an odd pleasure in seeing him flustered, something Iolas was intent not to display knowing the satisfaction it would bring. After he had finished, he felt his presence leave him, however, that only made him more anxious. Having the ability to rely on his friends for the past few days had made this familiar feeling of loneliness and isolation all the more painful. He was lost, confused, and unsure of himself. Everyone's life was in danger. If he alerted them, or if it became known that he alerted them, then they would probably be killed. If he did nothing they would be killed, and even if he gave Lassard what he wanted, there was no guarantee that he would keep them alive for their cover had already been blown. Iolas looked around at the sea of masked faces around him...anyone of them could be the enemy, any one of them could be watching. Iolas smile faded...in fact it was closer to the earnest expression of Lassard. Iolas walked...nowhere in particular. He felt so empty and lost that he felt as if he was walking in place. The room suddenly seemed more spacious, the air colder. What was this thing they possessed that belonged to him, the incriminating papers? "Take your time...don't alert your friends," Iolas muttered to himself. He was still surprised that he was able to get behind him so easily...was the difference in ability that wide, Iolas was not arrogant, but he did not think he was that inconsequential. "It had to have been magic...but if not." Iolas balled up his fist as he closed his eyes, cursing under his breath. So many things flooded his mind to the point he wanted to scream, but after a minute or so he then relaxed and opened his eyes, holding a cold expression that his friends had not yet seen...

"....Target acquired...beginning mission."

Ora watched his face silently, trying to keep herself from looking too tense in case someone was watching. Her face was serene, but her tail tip twitched slowly as she moved. Ora swept her eyes over as much of the room as she could over his shoulder, but all she saw was a sea of masks. She had lost track of the others, and Lassard was no where to be seen. The only familiar figures she saw were the short ones- there were a number of dwarves around. Some were close to her age, but most were older, her mother's generation. Her eyes lingered on one on the upper floor. When Crispin asked about her plan, she had to stuff down a rush of fear.
"Well.." Ora spoke quickly, in a low voice. She leaned a little closer, so that they could hopefully avoid being overheard. "When we got here, we raided a mill and a ship holding kidnapped servants. Iolas and Azaria found.. some papers, I didn't see them, but apparently theyre bad for Evereach. Pyrrhus is carrying them. We need to show them to the other houses to turn them, to stop whatever Evereach has planned."
She paused, and her tail flicked nervously. Her palms had become suddenly clammy. She felt like eyes were on her, like everyone in the room was listening. But when she glanced around, the party was continuing to ignore them.
"The level of cooperation between Dwerstand and Evereach right now.. suggests that Evereach has something really bad on them, and I can't- its just better to avoid them until we've got help. I don't know what it could be, and that.. that scares me. Brynson is hosting, kissing the bloody feet of the elves, and is going to be next to impossible to get to without other nobles.. So we have to start small."
She swallowed softly, and her face flashed despair, before she forced it away. "We could.. start with the houses not invited to send delegates on the expedition, play up that discontent." She was grasping at straws, trying to find anything that made sense in the mush inside her brain. "That might turn.. one or two, not nearly enough, but a start. The maybe work up to Brynson."
She shook her head, lowered her voice even more, and whispered, "I don't think I can do this. I- I shouldn't be here. At all."

Last edited:
“The Bishop was on the left side, near the stairs before he walked away,” Crow informed his teammates. “When you’re ready, I could lead the way.”

Shapes twirled throughout the dark room, the twinkling stars above and glamoured dancing Sumennans, providing dynamic lighting. With his own glowing markings concealed, Crow himself was somewhat discreet, aside from the glittering gold accents that caught the faint light in this stone jungle environment. The glint of a flashy mask caught the holy agent’s eye, causing him to glance over. He was being watched by a high elf, no doubt an assassin. Were they all being monitored?

Turning his head away from the assassin and barely moving his lips, Crow mumbled, “watch right,” before swiping a thin brass chalice of wine from a tray held by a poor slave. He wove a confusing path toward the left staircase, pretending to sip the wine. In a swift and subtle motion, he dumped the drink onto the slick marble, creating a falling hazard for the circling, approaching killer.

Last edited:
Iolas grabbed a glass of wine from a nearby centaur slave, swirling it about as he calmly walked about the room. He knew the things he would have to do to protect his friends. He stared into his wine, wishing he could just drink his problems away, but now was no the time to get cold feet. He had hoped he would not have to do this, but at last he used the forbidden power of the cuffs he was given at the beginning of this venture and restrained Pyrrhus will beckoning him to his master. He did not care if he was followed, and he was unaware of who he was exactly with, but Pyrrhus was the key to everything in more ways than one. He was certain that he was being watched, even now...actually...he was counting on it. One thing troubled him...why wouldn't Lassard just kill them now, why have Iolas handle the dirty work? His demeanor only served to convey the threat those papers represented and it was likely he did not know who possessed them. It was becoming close to the time in which he would have to make a decision. Would handing over the papers truly result in their lives being sparred, or should he allow them all to act under the unknown shadow of death that had been cast over them?

Iolas also walked over to Pyrrhus once he was in view. He gazed upon him as if he was a superior being. Closing the distance Iolas allowed himself to run into Pyrrhus' massive frame (in comparison to that of the average person), spilling some of the red wine on his suit jacket, it was as if his clothes became stained with blood.

"Kneel!," Iolas stated cold, and stern.

Iolas swirled the remainder of his wine in the half filled glass. He took a sip, and sighed while the glass was on his lips, fogging it up. As he swirled the drink again, caressing it with his thumb as he flashed an evil grin, staring into the eyes of Pyrrhus.

"...Slave, you dare embarrass me in front of our distinguished guests...and I am not talking about the wine although that is enough in itself to have you properly replaced."

Iolas said this as he looked down at the cup thoughtfully, drawing attention to it. Through the fogged glass were the words. He knows...
Iolas took another sip of his drink, smearing the glass then sighing again, repeating the process during his conversation.

"To think...my slave...parades around making a mockery of me..."
ALL DANGER

"Sadly, I have played my part too well,...so I see no need to continue this ruse. I will take what is mine, or his rather, his...before you get any bright ideas."
WARN...

"But there is the fact that you have publicly shamed me...it is only right I return the favor before your eventual execution..."
EYES IN

DARK

Iolas took a final sip and then poured the remaining contents on top of Pyrrhus' head. The glass having a final message. (I STALL) Remembering that Pyrrhus had the papers Lassard sought out, Iolas took about a third of the papers, quickly placing them into his pockets if unchallenged. This was mainly for those who were watching him as it would be more convincing this way.

"Enjoy the rest of the ball, be sure to curtail your clumsiness so that when you are replaced you will at least be remembered for your grace amongst nobility, instead of the bumbling fur that you are. I will call for you should I need a buffoon...Begone, you may serve my friends to your hearts content."

Last edited:
Pearl kept her eyes on Lassard and Gladien Evereach, and, noticing Iolas moving closer in their direction, she watched as the psychopathic high elf popped up behind him. Her heart gave one hard beat, its pressure rippling up and clogging her throat as though they were somehow connected, "ehmm," she coughed, trying to unclog her vocal cords while at the same time hoping to raise Pyrrhus' attention. Pearl watched as the two conversed, or rather Lassard spoke at Iolas; there's definitely no chance he'd cause a scene. Anyway, he likes to give his prey time to run around while he sits back and enjoys their panic. Swiverling her head round to her centaur friend, she gave him a look of noticable concern - making connection with his eyes and then his pocket where the papers were kept. She hoped this would be enough of a gesture to let him know that something was going on before nodding at his question, "Yes, we should," giving a final look at his pocket, she started to walk with Crow, before Iolas came waltzing up to them.

Watching as he released his 'masterly' persona onto Pyrrhus, her heart ached. She knew that he was doing it to keep eyes off of them, but to know this would be how the other slaves were truely treated was a shock to the system. With his final message, she decided to play along too. They'll know I'm up to something as well if I just stand here, "and as one's friend, I ask of you, slave," her hair drooped slightly, though it was mimicking how her heart felt, "to follow me," she gestured to the Bishop and Crow, grabbing a glass of wine as she did, "come, come. And, please, clean yourself off." Pulling out her handkerchief and passing it to him, she whispered the words: "I'm sorry," before walking over to her partner, hoping Pyrrhus would follow closely behind.
SilverFlight SilverFlight Goonfire Goonfire LazyDaze LazyDaze

Last edited:
Crow was disgusted by the display, each action by Iolas making his heart bleed for Pyrrhus. Now wasn’t the time to be soft, though; Crow mustered his will and marched a few steps closer. “Come now, if you don’t want this slave, I could always use a new one,” he remarked, feigning a sadistic, eccentric tone. “After all, something needs to scrub my chamber-pots. Truly a fate worse than death, is it not?” A constipated, wicked chuckle escaped his pursed lips, and although it sounded like part of the act, it was partly due to his observastions of the assassin behind him backing away from the scene.

Crow then led Pearl away from the scene as she moved to join him. “I’m sorry, as well,” he whispered to both of them. His voice trembled; that dialogue couldn’t have been anything less than a huge slap to the face, pretend or not. He felt like a terrible person for uttering such venomous words, even out of necessity. He would have to do something special for Pyrrhus later.

SilverFlight SilverFlight HumbugPie HumbugPie LazyDaze LazyDaze

Crispin leaned in too and listened carefully to what Ora told him. He was amazed at how much they had accomplished. So they did have a way. Something that may help turn some of the minor Brynson houses, perhaps even Brynson itself, against Evereach. At the very end Ora's voice faltered. She was frightened, and rightly so. Crispin felt his own fear pounding in his ears.
Slowly he brought a hand up to cup her cheek. He looked into her eyes with purpose. "If there is anyone that can see this done." He said quietly, "It's you."
And I want to be right by you...
He wanted to say it, but his courage failed him.
"We should help the others suss out who we can tell..."
Crispin trailed of, because at that moment, someone was speaking loudly, someone Crispin recognized....that high elf that had wandered into Delan after Lassard had sacked it.
Flutterby Flutterby

Pyrrhus hadn't heard Iolas come up on him, he only felt the bump and by the time he had looked around Iolas was drenched in wine.
The command slammed into his mind like a tidal wave. The cuffs on his wrists seemed to burn. His first instinct was to fight, to resist but the thoughts slipped away even as they rose, like water through a sieve. Pyrrhus' front legs buckled and he sank to his knees. The look he gave the high elf was one of shock and betrayal, but it was hidden quickly as Pyrrhus bowed his head in acted submission. He fought to stay in character as Iolas berated him. The words cut, even though Pyrrhus knew they were for show. He winced as the cold wine hit him, slid through his hair and down his temples and the collar of his beautifully-embroidered shirt.
What was he playing at?
Pyrrhus felt the hand dip into his jacket and it took all of his will not to grab it. He could not stop his eyes from darting up however, the question in them louder than words.
'What happened?''
But Iolas was gone, he could not or would not explain. Not now. Pyrrhus felt the spell of the cuffs release him and he drew in a long breath.
Slowly Pyrrhus rose, accepted the kerchief Pearl had offered him with a grateful nod and began to wipe his face and neck. He followed Pearl without a word, now feeling awful enough that he hardly had to act it.
"Let's just get this done." Pyrrhus muttered once they were far enough away.
Goonfire Goonfire HumbugPie HumbugPie LazyDaze LazyDaze

Desrick started for Iolas.
"I'm going to kill him." He growled, drawing back the cuffs of his jacket.
He had caught a flash of the papers in Iolas' hand and he didn't the high elf one iota. A horrible, icy feeling crept into his heart. Was he betraying them at last? He had to get to him.
Slowly Desrick began to move.
Zazz Zazz LazyDaze LazyDaze

Last edited:
Iolas looked on at the disgraced Pyrrhus...he could hardly believe what he had done. Images of Pyrrhus laughing, smiling, playing the lute, giving him life advice and healing him flooded his mind, but this was how Iolas repaid his friendship. Necessary, or not, Iolas was the one who was actually disgraced. He saw the conflicting faces of his friends who attempted to emulate Iolas' behavior. Crow, naturally, did a better job than Pearl, but it was clear to Iolas that this was hard on them too. Crow made a comment about forestalling Pyrrhus' judgement. A judgement that was completely fabricated, but real in the eyes of onlookers. Iolas smiled as he chuckled. This was not his gentle, or playful smile. It was a sadistic smile of superiority.

"Ah I see. We may discuss it later in sunlight after the ball. As you can see now, I am completely unarmed so you can trust that his execution will be forestalled many ticks into the future; however, when my blades return to my side know that it is still my swords that will decide his fate...As a high elf, it will be amusing if you truly believe you can change that. " Iolas then glanced at a certain room then left them to their devices. If anyone could decode the duel meanings to his words it would be the inquisitor.

After his exchange, he wanted to run away and throw up. Working for Everreach brough back to many memories, even if it was only temporary. However, had nowhere to run. He kept his head held up high with an air of confidence about him.

Goonfire Goonfire HumbugPie HumbugPie SilverFlight SilverFlight

Sometimes, the dreamer drow that was Lohrithe would notice little details that others did not. Often, it was a juicy fruit buried within a bush in the Cyndaran darkness. Other times, like this, it was message trying to be carefully and selectively delivered. This time, it was the broken notes in the fog of Iolas's glass as he spoke foul words to their friend, and Lohrithe put two and two together.

They were being watched.

When Desrick began to move forward, Lohrithe pulled at his great arm, holding him back firmly. "No," he said to his partner. "He is helping." He then quietly relayed what he had seen to the orc, leaning in to his ear, much like Azaria had done with Iolas. "He needs a weapon. In the room to your left. Don't look." Lohrithe took Desrick's hands and steered him towards the dance floor.

It took a moment to process the next hidden message. There was only one reason to point out one’s lack of weapons. Crow figured he would find Iolas an improvised weapon, but then realized that would be a foolish idea when there were boatloads of real swords throughout the castle. Of course, he had no way of smuggling a pair of swords, although... his eyes locked onto Pearl. A dress like hers would be ideal for smuggling a pair of shortswords, given the cape sleeves. “Swords,” the keen inquisitor reported back to his team in a whisper. “He wants two, but I really need to report our findings...” It was a pity he couldn’t be in two places at once...

SilverFlight SilverFlight HumbugPie HumbugPie LazyDaze LazyDaze

Ora's heart was beating painfully in her chest, racing so quickly she wondered if she might faint. We should leave. We could leave, right now, and go.. go away. Away from Lassard and Sumenna and away from the Myst Queen and the call. Away from this war. We cannot-
Her mind and her heart came to a screeching halt when he touched her face. He was only returning the same gesture she had started the exchange with, but it was unexpected to say the least. The way he looked at her, the surety in his voice.. it was almost enough to chase away her doubts completely. This time, the compliment didn't draw a blush. It steeled her nerves- her face calmed, her tail stilled, and her chest rose and fell in one even breath. Ora gave him a nod, with only a trace of hesitance, and began to turn to find the others.

It didn't take nearly as long as it should have- Iolas was nearly shouting. The dwarf watched, too shocked for it to even show on her face.
"What. In skies name. Is he doing?" Ora did not miss the removal of the papers from Pyrrhus. Her hand, resting on Crispin's arm, tightened suddenly. Was he returning to Evereach? Had the last round-marks, their trip to the library, had that all been an act? She hadn't trusted him before that. Had they let their guard down too fast?

Ora looked to Desrick, unsure. The orc was moving too, toward Iolas, with the negative emotions on his face barely concealed. But Lohr reached out and stopped him. Crow was speaking with him, then moved back to Pearl. No one was stopping him. They were trusting him.
"Something happened." Ora's eyes flickered between Iolas, retreating from the group with the papers he had taken, and the others, who also looked about to disperse. "We need to get to them." Her voice was inappropriately urgent, so she set her face regally. "Casually, of course." And then she offered him her hand, to escort her. "A drink, perhaps?" As she said it, Ora tried (as casually as possible) to catch Lohr's eye.
SilverFlight SilverFlight Zazz Zazz
Goonfire Goonfire HumbugPie HumbugPie LazyDaze LazyDaze

Lohr's touch on his arm was enough to still him. It took all his will not to look where Lohr had directed.
"I'm still going to kill him." Desrick muttered, "But perhaps after the ball."
He let himself be led to the floor, the motions, well practiced, coming to his mind and body unbidden.
"We'll need to get him what he needs, but we can't lose sight of him. I don't trust him."
Zazz Zazz LazyDaze LazyDaze

Crispin watched the display with barely-concealed anger. From the little he knew about the centaur Pyrrhus was the last person in Bryn that deserved such treatment.
Nevertheless, when Ora spoke, he listened. They needed to get to Desrick and the others.
"Right," Crispin took one step back, and bowed, offering his hand as well as any of the true noblemen there.
It did not take them long to reach Desrick and Lohr. Desrick frowned at him for a long moment, then his eyes went wide.
"Cyndabrynde's great eye! How did you get here?"
Crispin shushed him. "Did you want to shout that a bit louder maybe? I don't think the second story heard you!"
The orc looked abashed and spoke much more quietly.
"I need you two to follow Iolas. Don't let him out of your sight. Lohr and I will follow you soon."
Crispin looked to Ora. It seems they had been given a task.
Flutterby Flutterby Zazz Zazz

Pyrrhus glanced back at the others, they had seen the display too and it looked like Ora, Desrick and the rest were discussing how to move forward.
"I think they might have some things under control. We should focus on getting the attention of someone useful. Crow, let's go find your high inquisitor. Lead the way."

Lassard watched them from the second story, an amused smile playing across his knife-sharp features. The overt display with the centaur had been a good cover, and as Iolas moved away from them, his eye lingered on Pyrrhus for just a moment longer, and then trailed to the centaurs bound to Brynson house.
He stopped a servant running past with a tray. "Get me the man who owns those three."
LazyDaze LazyDaze

Without giving a verbal confirmation, Crow climbed the stairs. He wandered along, tracing the bishop’s steps and seeking a sign. There were several doors on the second level, though one stood out in particular—more specifically, its knob did. On its underside, there was a mark that glowed a faint blue; it appeared to be a finger smudge of some sort. Its color was unmistakable to Crow, or to any ‘agent of divine law’. He discreetly approached, only to notice the door was cracked open, unlike the others.

The inquisitor eased the door open and slipped inside, using a light spell to make his fingers shine a similar cornflower color. The room was pitch black, neither a single candle lit nor a figure stirring in the darkness. For a moment, Crow thought the mote of blue light was but a red herring... that was, until a gravelly voice commanded him, “bring the centaur. Close the door.”

"Yes, yes, and you're an insufferable upstart," Trileon said with a roll of her eyes, being sure to whisper the next few words carefully, "It's the servants. I think I know how to free them." Just as she went to explain her idea, her eyes narrowed. She remembered how a similar event happened last time.. and it wasn't something she recalled fondly. From her knowledge of binding magic, the caster needed to only remain unconscious for it's effects to wear off; By the time they'd wake again, the centaurs will have been long gone. That was the idea, anyway. Azaria was good with stealth, and the quieter he goes down, the better. But the beastwoman would not be responsible for another death. Thing would be done right this time. "..If you agree to help me, we do this my way." She matched Azaria's posture, defiantly crossing her arms over her chest, indicating she would not back down from her position. And if she refused, then so bet it-- Perhaps Pyrrhus would help, or Desrick. Either way, she wasn't leaving until they were free.

The assassin seemed to be listening intently to Trileon's plan, until she gave her a look over and laughed. "Foolish. As soon as he wakes, the bound centaurs will be summoned. I have seen how this works, if you recall the cuffs currently on our friend's wrists." Her eyes flashed with anger at their previous owner. "If you can keep him knocked out for at least the rest of the party, I will do your dirty work and keep him alive. Otherwise, we do it my way."

"What is it with you and refusing ideas other than your own?" She shot back pointedly. She was starting to regret asking her for help, if only slightly. Gesturing to the colorful flora and fauna about the elegantly decorated room, she continued, "I can easily craft a toxin to keep him out of our way. For once, Azaria, could you consider me an equal?" She sighed a frustrated sigh, taking the assassin by the upper arm and leading her over to the floors railing-- Without looking at the man in question, she quietly described what he looked like. "I can't be certain, but the centaur I spoke to seemed to fear him."

Biting back a retort, the halfling elf rolled her eyes and followed, irritated, to the railing. From Trileon's description, Azaria found the man fairly easily. She hated slavers; this was hardly a favour. "I will need something to tie him with, and a cloth to cover his mouth in case he wakes." She removed the special ring on her finger, and carefully showed Trileon how to expose it's injecting needle away from prying eyes, slipping it onto the blue woman's finger, "This will help."

Trileon nodded, making a mental note. It shouldn't be too difficult to find those items in a place like this. "Very well. I have an idea-- Wait for my signal, and then I believe I can guide the centaurs out. We saw the garden on the way in-- But there will be guards, no doubt."

Azaria's gaze wandered as she said, "I suppose that gives you a chance to prove your worth as an equal. And do not approach me again unless absolutely necessary; Lassard is already skeptical of our position in Everreach. Getting close to either of us puts you all in danger. Excuse me."

Nova stiffled a series of.. interesting thoughts. Oh, how she wished these were different circumstances. So many of them oblivious to their own cruelties.. and, somehow, it was Nova's responsibility to expose it to them. Make them see one of their own for what they truly are. What they created. She looked over to Trileon-- The woman had began calmly descending the stairs now, a small conversation having taken place with Azaria. She looked.. hardened, in a way. As if she had something planned. Had she met with a house head, too? No, it didn't look that way..
..What are you up to, sweetheart?

The mercenary directed her attention back to the elegant woman in front of her, a playful smile curling at her lips, "If the lady would honor me so, I'd be delighted."
Eugh, that fancy-proper-talk was so annoying. Good thing Nova wasn't a diplomat-- She'd lose her mind if she had to talk like that all friggin' day.. She took the woman's hand, allowing her to lead them to (hopefully) somewhere private.

Trileon, doing her best to remain inconspicuous-- An art she was, admittedly, still getting the hang of-- The objective was clear. Rope, something to gag him, a mild toxin.. One of these things she was an expert at, but where to get the other two? Her head calmly swiveled about the room, eyeing only a few potential substitutes-- The drawstrings of several curtains, thick vines along the bark of the citrus trees.. How to acquire them? Apologies, Azaria, but it looks like you will have to improvise on that front.

Thankfully, whoever organized this ball had a knack for authenticity; Similar to the way they managed to steal Cyndabrynde's grace, the decorative flora and fauna also had Cyndaran roots. She recognized several plantlife she was very much familiar with: Waning Moonbells, a pale flower that seemed to pulse when touched, Blue Foxglove, a neon rose speckled with blue dots.. Reminded her of home. She casually approached a plant fixture on the wall, and just as she reached out to pluck a petal, someone's familiar voice rang out above the others-- Iolas. Trileon abruptly turned her head, and, shocked, she raised a hand to her lips. What was this? Had the elf betrayed them..?

Similarly, Nova raised her head to the sound of several people berating the centaur they called their friend-- Ouch. Though, both women realized soon enough that it couldn't be true. This was part of the plan, they both reasoned. Nova only wished that they actually, yknow, discussed a plan first.. Oh well. It was much more fun to just wing it, she supposed. "I think the, ah.. Cyndaran atmosphere is getting to them, eh?" She joked quietly to the noble woman on her arm, "Strange things lurk in the dark, as they say."

Just like that, that.. odd display was over. Even more puzzled than before, Trileon shook her head. Whatever the case, it seemed they knew something she didn't. Back to the task at hand.. Slight of hand wasn't her best skill, though it was one she was confident enough to attempt. Behind a sea of nameless bodies, Trileon expertly stole a series of petals from the buds of colorful flowers. She delicately plucked a glass from the tray of a wandering servant, and as she casually walked about the room, combined the petals in the glass. The base didn't technically matter; But the combination of sickly effects from the several plants would mix together, turning the color from a pale champagne, to a baby pink, emitting a pleasant scent. Knocking him out was preferable, but first, they had to get him alone. One drop from this mixture, and their.. slaver friend would need an urgent trip to the restroom. She flipped open the special ring given to her by Azaria, filling it's contents with the substance by dipping her finger inside. This would work for the guards of that garden, too-- But first, the slaver. With her toxin readied, she discreetly poured the rest of the glass' contents into a nearby flowerpot, and passed the empty glass to a servant.

"That gives you a chance to prove your worth as an equal," rang in her mind. Trileon scoffed to herself. Though Azaria's help was valuable, asking her for anything more than that-- Like the acknowledgment of an equal intelligence-- Was futile. As if she would ever understand anything beyond the tip of a sword? So be it. I can do this. Halfway there..

Just as she started silently searching for the man in question, she spotted him making a move toward.. Lassard. Surely Her Majesty is testing me, Trileon groaned internally. On a similar side of the room, she spotted Nova, walking with a woman.. Here goes. "Ah, my friend!" Trileon lilted from the short distance to grab her attention, making her way over, "I had wondered where you-- Oh, excuse me," The beastwoman had (intentionally) bumped into the slaver as she passed him, firmly gripping his forearm in an effort to regain her balance, the tiny needle hopefully piercing his skin with little cause for notice..

"I'm blind as a bat without my spectacles," She giggled to him, releasing him after a short second, "Do carry on. My friend!"

Nova blinked in surprise, a feigned, sheepish grin overtaking her expression. Go away go away go away..

"Trileon," Nova said plainly, "So good to see you. This is Lady Lambent," She gestured to the beautiful woman next to her, "Lady Lambent, this is, erm.. Trileon."

"A pleasure, ma'am," Trileon gave a small curtsy, "I just wanted to say hello."

"Yes, well.. Hello. If you'll excuse us--"

Nova offered her a small nod, one that Trileon returned with a small 'Enjoy your evening,' before making an attempt to appear normal-- Waving down a servant to receive a second glass, one that she casually sipped from. Judging by where the garden was located, Trileon was able to deduce which marble hallway would lead her there. But first-- Azaria. One thing at a time. Once this part of the plan was finished, she would move to the next. Here's hoping she didn't completely mess that up..

Zazz Zazz SilverFlight SilverFlight

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back