• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Setting Summer Dawn - The Daybreak Plot (detailed medieval fantasy)

SilverFlight

Tende altum, volare altius
Supporter
Setting Summer Dawn

Summer dawn.jpg

My dear friends,

It has come to my attention that House Evereach is again plotting behind our backs. The scouting party that was sent into the night country of Cyndara to uncover war plans, was in fact a sacrificial lamb, to instill anger and stoke the flames of war on our own side. Suffice to say, I know Cyndara does not wish for war, but Evereach does, and if they are not stopped soon, they will have it.

Recently it has come to my attention that they are attempting to silence the voices that speak against them, right here in our noble city of Brynson, a place in which they should have no power.

I am not the only one who has had people taken. They want us to think that none in our own houses are safe. They will attack any who speak out against them, they want to shut us up.
I believe there is a group of slave traders operating in the city. I believe they are the ones taking people, taking orders from Evereach, but I have no proof.

This is why I need your help. Send me your best, your brightest. I need fighters, tacticians, assassins, diplomats. I need people I can trust. These slave traders are just the tip of the ice berg. Ultimately, I want proof Evereach is overplaying their hand. I want to expose their treachery and end their talks of war, but I can’t do it without your help.

Your faithful ally,

Gideon

In the fantastical world of Bryn, the sun and moon are stopped in the sky. One side of the world is bathed in brilliant sunlight, one side is steeped in eternal darkness. The two countries share only a single border, a land of twilight called the Half-Sun Hills. They are vastly different from one another: the people, the animals the plants…and what is different…is frightening.

Sumenna, the land of sun is ruled by three great houses, the most powerful being Evereach, a family of high elves that are as dark-hearted as they are ambitious. They strive to invade the peaceful Cyndara. The land of night is docile and calm, as are its people, with only a few exceptions. They are led by a wise, divine-chosen queen.

This thread began back in April and though it has come a long way, I’ve built a recruitment plan into the story itself. If you join here it will be like starting in a new thread. This is Act 2.
Our heroes from the first act are the members of the Sumennan scouting party that Evereach hoped would be killed in Cyndara, along with the Cyndarans who helped them. They have been tasked with stopping the slave traders that have infiltrated the human city of Brynson in Sumenna, ruled by House Brynson. Their new friend and ally Gideon Huxley is a merchant in Bryn and has stumbled onto a plot concocted by Evereach to blackmail, threaten or force the other houses to endorse a war with Cyndara. Gideon has reached out to his own friends, calling for people to help our heroes and this, is where you come in.

You can be Cyndaran or Sumennan, the lore should explain the differences, which are not so extreme that some of one country cannot pass for the other. You do however, need to have a reason for being there, and being in contact with Gideon. You could be employed, or a friend of someone Gideon knows. You do not have to be entirely trustworthy either, only have the appearance of someone who is.

You can find the main thread and all the links to the lore, characters and the OOC right here:
Setting Summer Dawn
Please read through the lore and the character guidelines at least before making your character.
If you want to know what has happened in the first act (you don't need to know this, everything relevant will be explained in the introductory post you will get), there is an updates section on the lore page.

Overall, the thread will be very active. I run regular character building games and exercises, which are all optional, but really fun. There is also a discord channel where we chat and come up with new ideas for the thread. Only accepted players get the link.

Reply here if you want to join or you have any questions! I will make sure you feel comfortable with all the lore and the story before your first post.

Last edited:
Interesting. I have an idea for someone who appears honest, but whose actual practices are much more dubious. Do you have a character sheet?

Interesting. I have an idea for someone who appears honest, but whose actual practices are much more dubious. Do you have a character sheet?
Everything is in that link in the first post. The lore, the character pages, guidelines, updates, etc. Your char might get along with Quinn XD there's an active characters tab that link you to all the active profiles.

Interested. However.. I'm about to go on a three week long hiatus. Where'll I'll be inactive for that period...

Anywhoo... ach, gimme a second (or a day) to come up with some ideas.

Interested. However.. I'm about to go on a three week long hiatus. Where'll I'll be inactive for that period...

Anywhoo... ach, gimme a second (or a day) to come up with some ideas.
If that's the case, maybe you should get a character together after those three weeks if you're still keen on joining?

This sounds really interesting. Any spaces left?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back