• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Setting sail from south blue: a one piece remix

NeonFlow

The one who made Aerth
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Our story begins in the city of Soarsea, a trading hub on a island within the south blue. It doesn't matter what you look for because in Soarsea someone has it. Goods from all over the south blue (and sometimes even the other blue seas and beyond) make their way to and from this beautiful seaside city. But like most places in this world, Soarside has a cruel underbelly.
A young man Lalo-Dee grew up despising his hometown for many reasons. The weakness of the townsfolk, the petty nature of civilians and their class systems, the navy so easily paid off and crooked, and of course the thug who ruled over Soarsea with a iron grip...

All of these problems were set in stone before Lalo was born, a Pirate captain has had this island under his thumb for the last twenty years. It was Lalo-Dee who vowed to end him. If he couldn't take down the man who dictates his home, his people, the lives of the people and himself... how could he look into the distance claiming "I'll see it all"
If he couldn't even see past the colours of Capain Gordie "Ape-man" Patrick.
Lalo's parents had their lives ended by ape-man's crew. Everyone including Lalo saw getting kicked about, threatened and being outnumbered as a daily part of life.

"it won't last forever, I'm fighting back, making plans..."
Lalo often spoke such words to the street urchins who grew up like him, though this time there was weight behind it.
Captain "Ape-man" Patrick recently invited many other up and coming pirate captains to a parlay at Soarsea. The rumours being he had prizes and treasure for those willing to cooperate.
The ape-man killed each captain who opposed him,
His forces seize each pirate ship while their captains were at the meeting,
Each crew member left alive was given a choice...
"join my fleet! Or crumble and die at my feet! Pwhahahahahahahahahahah"

It's been three days since captain Patrick's cunning ambush. However all is not well, the captains newest treasure has been stolen! While his men rampage through the city...
The civilians and pirates who hadn't joined the ape mans forces soon found themselves before a young man claiming to be the infamous thief the pirates are after...
"I know your here because of unfortunate reasons, but as a unfortunate soul myself I see you all as lucky. You all here, each one of you... has a chance to set things right!
I've lived my whole life under ole Gordies rule. So to have a number of men and women seething with hatred at the man who murdered your family, killed your captain, ruined your livelihood!!... I suddenly feel blessed. Cause I Lalo-Dee have a plan to make the Ape man pay. We'll exact painful retribution that we can all call justice. Get payment for the misfortune, Avenge your family and friends deathes! Follow me to revenge so we can soar freely towards our dreams!"
======================

One piece Rp, but instead of following the canon I had a plan to shake up it up somewhat and we can all make entirely new characters for rival pirates and navy officials.

I figure depending on how many people join would determine how many characters one would play. This rp is somewhat of a slow burn. The starting island of Soarsea is in the middle of South blue and from this arc the newly formed pirates would travel to a few different islands before hitting reverse mountain and the grand line.

Players would be encouraged to pitch ideas for character arcs, similar to the beginning of one piece.
(Instead of forming a crew along the way, more each crew member originating from the south blue getting a arc for closure. A island with a asshole who made character's life shit for example)

The first arc being the captain Lalo-Dee forming a crew from the remnants of other pirates and civilians with a reason to hate the first villian,
Then a mixture of player scenarios and my own all the way along until finding the one piece. As it's south blue karate island would be a main arc as well aha
===========================================
A similar idea for a starting point that I had was that the first island of the grand line is subject to a battle in which one big ass crew decimates a number of smaller ships and crews, the survivors of this battle having lost their ship and crew have to band together to fix a ship from the wrecks and hunt after the ones who killed erryone

As far as characters and their abilities I'd rather each player leave room for growth, can't start off as a skywalking haki using badass son of a gun...
But techniques and devil fruits are allowed (Though the fruits are limited to begin with)

Post requirements would be a paragraph or more twice a week

Last edited:
More meaning I don't want a ship full of fruit users more so than me saying "no mythical zoans!" An such but I'll probably ask people not go for logia fruits as it means they are somewhat invincible unless haki is about at the start

That's cool. I'll probably go for runaway father (think Yasopp), left his life as a village doctor and turned to piracy. Devil fruit would be a zoan, just thinking which one.

Id be up for this I think, Got a few characters ideas depending on whats allowed. Main idea can have the be a Navigator i think, later on would likely expand fighting style to include smoke/incence etc.

I mean that can range from smoke bombs to having burning candles as apart of armor so I can't say yes or no to anything aha but I'll have a cs page up soonish

Will make more Sense with character image.
That's cool. I'll probably go for runaway father (think Yasopp), left his life as a village doctor and turned to piracy. Devil fruit would be a zoan, just thinking which one.

She's probably referring to a latern-like flail that can shoot out flames and varying types of smokes/incense.

On a different note what sounds more interesting for a captain to have devil fruit wise? Without going into logia I'm stuck on three,

Bomb fruit like Mr 5

Poison fruit like the warden has (actually this might be to OP even for a new user having it)

Less conceptual as it's more a idea I had without a name but some sort of telekinesis fruit that forms as ghostly hands sprouting from their back

Are we able to make characters that don't fit the original One Piece crew roles? I have a character who is a hatter and I'd love an opportunity to play them.

So to confirm AU and no Cannon characters? Or is this happening at the same point as the show/manga? and if so what time.

I'm interested, hope it ain't too late to join

Are we able to make characters that don't fit the original One Piece crew roles? I have a character who is a hatter and I'd love an opportunity to play them.
I need a bit more info than "A hatter" as that makes me think of jervis tetch with his mind control devices aha
But I'm sure you mean a mysterious sort who speaks in rhymes with a big hat so I'd need to see the sheet before I can say yay or nay to it.

So to confirm AU and no Cannon characters? Or is this happening at the same point as the show/manga? and if so what time.
No canon characters except for gol d Roger, the timeline is somewhat similar with his speech before execution bringing about the new age of piracy.

the pirates, marines, and revolutionaries are all different.

NeonFlow NeonFlow I'm thinking of making a cook with the temperature temperature fruit which would allow them to raise/lower the temperature of their body and whatever they are touching including the air around them.

I need a bit more info than "A hatter" as that makes me think of jervis tetch with his mind control devices aha
But I'm sure you mean a mysterious sort who speaks in rhymes with a big hat so I'd need to see the sheet before I can say yay or nay to it.
She makes and fits hats to peoples' heads. She's also a traveling hat salesperson.

The thing is her entire character is built around the fact that this is what she does and her postion on the crew would be "Hatter."

I don't want to fill out an entire character sheet to be told that her role isn't acceptable on a pirate ship because changing the role would mean making a whole new character, and if I have to make a different character, that is fine. I just would rather do so right away instead of trying Risa and then learning that "Hatter" is not acceptable for a pirate crew.

NeonFlow NeonFlow I'm thinking of making a cook with the temperature temperature fruit which would allow them to raise/lower the temperature of their body and whatever they are touching including the air around them.

And after a little research I see it's pretty close to Charlotte Oven's fruit so I'm awaiting judgement before starting on a cs

Last edited:
She makes and fits hats to peoples' heads. She's also a traveling hat salesperson.

The thing is her entire character is built around the fact that this is what she does and her postion on the crew would be "Hatter."

I don't want to fill out an entire character sheet to be told that her role isn't acceptable on a pirate ship because changing the role would mean making a whole new character, and if I have to make a different character, that is fine. I just would rather do so right away instead of trying Risa and then learning that "Hatter" is not acceptable for a pirate crew.
Fair point, it's not so much a problem about a role on a crew if they are able to contribute and have decent reason to be there. Why would this hatter want to join, and does she expect to make profit selling hats when the rest of the crews activities at each location is usually "be pirates" aha

And after a little research I see it's pretty close to Charlotte Oven's fruit so I'm awaiting judgement before starting on a cs
I'm happy to start the rp with three devil fruit members so you can choose that but isn't it more like that filler villian whose got the hot hot fruit

Fair point, it's not so much a problem about a role on a crew if they are able to contribute and have decent reason to be there. Why would this hatter want to join, and does she expect to make profit selling hats when the rest of the crews activities at each location is usually "be pirates" aha

I'm happy to start the rp with three devil fruit members so you can choose that but isn't it more like that filler villian whose got the hot hot fruit

Also true, I can try to come up with something else if that is an issue

I mean maybe Tailor? Since not everyone is going to need a Hat an entire role just for that seems weird, Tailor on the other hand would also take care of Sails/Clothing in general etc. Just give them a specialization in hats/Millinery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back