• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

nonexistent

fun^10 × int^40 = Ir2
(Note: You do not need to be caught up with One Piece to participate in this roleplay.
You just need to know the basics of the world.)

It's the dawn of a new era - but some things never change.
Young people with dreams in their hearts set sail on the Grand Line, chasing whatever it is that they desire - fame, riches, adventure...

This is where our story begins.
A person with a burning passion in their heart decides to travel the world and search for whatever it is that they long for-- and along the way, they pick up misfit after misfit to join their crew as they sail towards their eventual destination. Through fun times, fights, betrayals, and tragedies, taking main paths and side roads, enjoying small joys and feeling full sorrows, this crew of individuals becomes inseparable. The stakes are only raised the further towards their destination they become. They must face their own demons, and take on impossible battles.

At least they don't have to fight alone.
-------​
Welcome to this interest check! I'm a huge fan of One Piece, and decided that I would finally give in and make a group roleplay chat where we make our own crew of OCs and travel the world together. This roleplay is supposed to have fun, carefree, serious, sad, and tragic moments-- it's an emotional journey for all the characters as they all reach for their own goals and aspirations. There can be adult, dark themes present in this roleplay, and I encourage those moments to occur just as much as the happy ones. As long as we all follow RpNation guidelines, anything goes.

I'm sure you're all wondering what exactly the setting for this is, right? I thought that we would make a new place of our own set in the One Piece world - with new characters, new villains, new Yonkou, new everything! This is a new era on the sea, after all-- and we get to decide what this version of the OP world is like. I hope you all want to create something new and exciting with me!

For this roleplay, I was thinking that all characters would be OCs. They can have custom-made devil fruits, use devil fruits from the show, be fishmen, minks, or any other species that exists in this world. This roleplay is going to be an arena of creativity where you can express yourself and let your imagination run wild. That's what One Piece is all about, isn't it? Freedom and creativity. All I ask is that any custom devil fruits are not overpowered-- and if they are close to that, that you make some sort of reasoning that allows your character not to be a mary/gary sue. Same with more 'indestructible' devil fruits that already exist in the OP world. Your character must have a weakness-- preferably multiple. It makes them feel more alive. It gives them something to grow off of and overcome.

As for literacy, I am a little bit flexible here. I would like for there to be structured paragraphs and interesting explanations. Imagery is wonderful-- but I'm not expecting you to become a novelist with every reply. I just ask that you put in some effort to make your replies descriptive! It's unmotivating when you put a lot of effort into a reply and then get nothing back to work off of.

Roles for crew members can be decided by all of us. I personally don't want my character to be in the captain role, so that's definitely open! I would prefer for each character to have a different purpose on the ship (so that we don't have like... 5 swordsmen and one captain), but their roles can be a bit similar as long as we have variation for the most part.

I really hope that some people here find this roleplay idea interesting and want to tag along with what could be an amazing adventure! If I get at least three replies, I'll make this roleplay idea into a reality. There's always a chance for new people to join, or for current members to make multiple characters. I hope you all join me on this journey across the Grand Line!

I'd be interesting, if I could my oc origami ^_^ he hails from wano but was sold at a young age and grew up essentially in the east blue.

He is very easy to spot, due to him having jagged teeth, bright red short hair, wears purple and carries a konabu

I've got three people interested, which is great! : ) This is definitely enough to start up and begin roleplaying-- and if people want to join later, that'll make it more realistic in collecting a crew (over time instead of all at once). Would any of you be interested in having your character be the captain?

Oh no no you don't want origami in charge XD he's like...zoro sailing boats, his ship will end in a desert, he would be the shipwright tho

I can make a captain if you need one. nonexistent nonexistent
If you think you have/will make a character that would fit the role, then I'd say go for it! : ) I'm going to make a character sheet chat and an OOC chat soon, so be on the lookout for that!

Oh no no you don't want origami in charge XD he's like...zoro sailing boats, his ship will end in a desert, he would be the shipwright tho
Omg 🤣 I like him already! If you want to save that role then you can certainly have it!

Hey everyone! I've made a section for character sheets and OOC discussion!
Feel free to create and post a character sheet. We can start once we have our captain character and a few others.
In OOC, we can chat about how we want each character to join and where we want to journey to!​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back