• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Set in a parallel universe in Morocco

Saffiyaarkhipova

I am looking to flesh out some ideas for a story I have and want to bring a new set of ideas to my story, maybe even pull it in a direction I hadn’t thought before.
I am looking to set a story in an alternate universe in Morocco (my home country) where the entire country is controlled by a state called the Caliphate (a religious order with sinister motives).
Is anyone curious about this idea, if so I’d love to hear back from you.

Last edited:
So Basically the Almoravids but set in the modern age?
Essentially yes, that’s a good way of putting it. And in this universe’s history the Umayyads defeated Charles Martel in the battle of tours, and much of Europe was split between Islam and Christianity.
The new world was still colonised by the British but the Spanish Main was conquered by “The Caliphate” instead.

Last edited:
I was reffering to the victory against the Franks in an alternate history. As you can see my profile picture is The first Ottoman Caliph, Selim the Grim.

While I can give a few ideas I suppouse but I have a rather bussy schedule so, while I offer my input because I would like to support a setting that is different from the usual fare, it would be for the best if you found a person who has a more free schedule.

I was reffering to the victory against the Franks in an alternate history. As you can see my profile picture is The first Ottoman Caliph, Selim the Grim.

While I can give a few ideas I suppouse but I have a rather bussy schedule so, while I offer my input because I would like to support a setting that is different from the usual fare, it would be for the best if you found a person who has a more free schedule.
Thank you for your time regardless. And I’m glad you have an interest in history, and Islamic history at that too. Very overlooked and has a lot of as yet untapped potential.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back