• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Sesshomaru didn’t know his mother’s reaction, if it came down to choosing between Rin and her, he'll likely pick Rin. He hopes it won’t resort to that. He narrows his eyes,” We shall see for ourselves.” The demon lord held her close. He looked into her eyes, tearing his gaze away. “ Rin I won’t let them hurt you.” He frowns, it wasn't a promise he’ll protect her no matter the costs. Is this what love is? Sesshomaru felt an odd tenderness around Rin he never felt towards any human before. He removed his hand from Rin’s waist flexing claws. Then he stared at the sky. He went to cook the fish over the open flame wanting those fish to absorb the smoky flavor. Then He threw in some mushrooms to compliment the fish. He walked in with fish skewers for Rin. “ It’s ready.” He handed over her dinner.

Last edited:
Rin took it eagerly, not having eaten all day yesterday simply because she was excited for Sesshomaru's return! "Thank you!" Without thinking of how ridiculous she could possibly look in front of the demon, Rin bit into the fish, her stomach growling just as loud as Sesshomaru could. Once she swallowed the first bite, Rin met Sesshomaru's gaze. "I knew you'd come back. Inuyasha and Kagome kept trying to talk me into staying in the village even after I'd already told them I'd made up my mind." After another bite, she continued. "Are we leaving Master Jaken in the village while we go to your mother's home? Inuyasha's not the best host. He and Master Jaken might fight the whole time."

Sesshomaru stared into her eyes as he took a bite out of his fish. “ I thought it would be best for you to stay with Inuyasha in the meantime though it was only a temporary solution.” He wouldn’t think of leaving Rin; she had a special place in his heart. He didn’t think a human would make him feel this way but she did. The thought of Jaken and Inuyasha having a go at each other was entertaining; he wouldn't leave the little imp there. “ He’s coming with us. I see no reason in leaving him behind.” He didn’t care to make another trip back to Inuyasha’s village anymore. He will for sure in the upcoming months be traveling between his mother’s and his lands but purely for political reasons. This trip is to introduce Rin though.

Once Rin had finished her fish, she was entirely dry. The fire had warmed her body entirely, though that wasn't the only thing keeping her warm. The sensation of being in Sesshomaru's presence sent goosebumps up the girl's spine. Slowly, carefully, Rin tested Sesshomaru's boundaries by inching closer to him. "I want to confess, Lord Sesshomaru." Rin had been thinking about how to do this for a while. "During my time in the village, I'd see people fall in love and get married, but I never saw myself as one of them." What she meant was she never saw herself with a human. "I know it sounds crazy, and please stop me if I start to sound stupid. But when...when I look at you, it's like all my troubles are gone. I feel at...at home with you." Now, the girl's face was entirely crimson. "Dammit! I'm so sorry!" Rin brought her knees to her chest and hid her face in her hands. "Forget I said that!"

Sesshomaru stared into Rin’s eyes. She took the words out of his mouth. “ I feel the same way about you.” He confessed. Rin was like no other who stole his heart. He didn’t think it was possible for him to fall in love with a human the same way his own father had taken to Inuyasha’s mother. He didn’t believe in signs or love at first. However, who said a person will naturally know when they found their soulmate they weren’t wrong. In Sesshomaru’s case it’s Rin herself. “ I feel at home with you too, so there’s nothing to apologize for you haven’t offended me.” He gently took her hands away from her face, keeping them in his.

Rin looked away from Sesshomaru for a short time. Did he really feel the same way? "I'm so glad." She replied softly, returning her gaze to meet his. The human moved closer to the demon until she was seconds away from poking herself on his spiked breast plate. "How long have you known? I'm just curious." Rin could have sworn she felt eyes peering at them from the bushes. Were they being followed? No. Ah-Un would have growled if they were being watched, wouldn't he? "Please tell me if I'm moving too fast for you, my lord."

Sesshomaru took her face into his hands forcing her to look at him. He did not understand why she’s acting bashful around him. The obvious is their different class and species, but that did not stop him from the way he felt about her. ” Rin I‘ve known for a long time to be exact. I just never acted upon it.” He waited until Rin was grown; she did shape up to be a nice lady. He stared at the bushes he would’ve sensed something was amiss. It would be foolish if anyone tried something with him around. “ I’ll let you know if you are going too fast, just relax.”’ He took his hand away focusing his gaze on the fire.

When she finally accepted her position in Sesshomaru's eyes, Rin calmed down. "I'll try." She laid her head on his shoulder, watching the flames dance in front of them. I wonder what Irasue will think of me now. Surely, she's still annoyed by humans as a whole. I've never met Lord Toga, but he seemed as if he was a kind soul. Does Lady Irasue resent him and Lady Izayoi, even in death? Rin did not want to come between her true love and his mother. "I can't wait to get there. I only got to see your home once and I can't wait to see it again!" Her eyes roved to where the two headed dragon lay, watching his eyes get heavy from the long journey from the West. "Maybe after a good rest, Ah-Un. I think you've earned every second."

Sesshomaru stared at Ah-Un who dozed off quickly. They have a long day tomorrow ahead of them. He wants to leave at the crack of dawn and hopefully get to his castle before midnight tonight. “ Rin I think we should get some sleep ourselves. We have a long day tomorrow. I think it’s best we leave at the first sign of light so we can get some distance.” He got up, taking his place near the dragon by the tree. The lord had been exhausted; he's been up all day wishing to get to Inuyasha’s home. He drifted off to sleep.

Last edited:
Rin got up long enough to join both demons by the tree, wanting to be as close as possible to the two demons that would ultimately protect her from this point forward. The young woman rested on Sesshomaru's right side. As a child, she wouldn't have gotten this close, but things were different now. Sesshomaru had confessed his love for her and that was enough for Rin to be comfortable enough to cuddle up to him, using his mokomoko as a mattress.

Sesshomaru woke up the next day at the first sign of dawn noticing Rin had made herself comfortable with his mokomoko. He smiled, which is rare though it was short-lived. The lord got up to start packing for their long journey back home then prepared Ah Un’s saddle for Rin’s use. By then the sky changes colors. It's a beautiful sight. Ron and him can watch the sunrise together in the future. He got on his knees,” Rin it’s time to leave.“ He said, gently prodding her. First on his list for the day is picking up Jaken from Inuyasha’s home then heading off to his castle.

With a small groan, Rin sat up and rubbed her eye with her palm. "It's already morning?" Wow. That went by quicker than she liked. After a moment of stretching, Rin slowly sat up and rested a hand on Sesshomaru's cheek. "Well, at least I know I'm not dreaming." After a few more moments of simply staring into Sesshomaru's eyes, Rin got to her feet and practically skipped to Ah Un's side. "Good morning!" The woman hugged one head and kissed the other on the cheek. "C'mon, Ah Un! Let's get going!" Rin tugged on the beast's leash. "We've got to get Master Jaken if we wanna get home before all the food goes bad." They only had enough food for two days in Rin's quiver. Ah Un remained stationary, staring at Rin with his four cat like eyes. "What? I'm trying to hurry! I'm gonna need you to cooperate. Get your big butt up and move!" Rin could have sworn the dragon rolled his eyes before grabbing her by the sleeve with his teeth and pulling her closer. "Okay. Okay! I'll ride." Rin climbed into the saddle and breathed a sigh of relief as the beast not only got to his feet, but started to ascend high in the sky.

Sesshomaru shook his head, frowning. “ Don’t fly too far, Ah-Un.” He started walking in the direction of the village. It would take two days for them to get to his castle meaning their provisions won’t last long. He knows it can’t be helped, but they’ll likely eat them anyway before the food spoils. However, he’s getting used to having an appetite for human food, slow process but surely his taste buds will change. The lord’s palate is small so Rin needs sustenance more than he does. He can see the village in the distance. The plan is to pick up Jaken and leave, perhaps Rin would want to say her goodbyes to her guardians. He would likely stay outside the village while Rin exchanges a few farewells.

Minutes later, the dragon landed at the gate again. This time, Rin found herself a little nervous. What would Kaede say? What about Inuyasha and Kagome? Everyone seemed to be emerging from their homes, ready to start the day's work. Even Kohaku, Sango's little brother showed up.

"You didn't think I'd let you leave without saying goodbye, did you?" Kohaku gave Rin a gentle smile as she guided her steed into the village in search of the others. Rin returned the smile. "No, I guess you wouldn't." While she talked, the woman stopped behind Kaede's hut and crouched down in her garden to sneak some extra food for the journey.

"Well, look who made it back!" Inuyasha stood behind Rin, his arms folded across his chest. He sniffed the air for a bit. "And he didn't do it."

Rin was thoroughly confused. "Who didn't do what?" She asked quizzically.

"He didn't officially mark you as his. At least not from what I can smell." Inuyasha shrugged. "I dunno what he's thinkin' sometimes. But Sesshomaru's fangs and claws contain a poison. If he bites or scratches you, it leaves a permanent scar." For good measure, Inuyasha removed his top and revealed the wound Sesshomaru had given his little brother years prior. "It's all healed now, but the scar's not goin' anywhere." He shrugged. "If he does somethin' similar to you, you're basically his bride."

He did not know what compelled him to check on Rin but the lord did. In time to hear what Inuyasha had to say as if it’s any of the buffoon’s business. “ Jaken we are leaving.” He said, a bit more terse than his usual temperament. He had plans on taking Rin as his bride, but eventually hearing it from his idiot half brother felt odd. It’s a plan maybe not quickly enough but still a plan. “ I have been thinking of Rin and our relationship in the near future as if that has anything to do with you fool.” He was less than pleased it’s out in the open being it was personal thing to him.

"You'd think a simple thank you would be easy enough to give." Inuyasha closed his eyes and turned away from Sesshomaru to put his robe back on. "Don't tell me you're not extending an invitation to the people that actually protected Rin for the past seven years while you were off doing whatever the hell you want." Inuyasha knew Sesshomaru would never invite him to any ceremony.

"Anyway, I'm gonna go say goodbye to Lady Kaede." Rin threw the last of her harvest in the quiver over her shoulder. "You two have fun. Like it or not, you two are stuck with each other for a long time. So at least pretend to get along."

After saying her goodbyes to Lady Kaede and the others, Rin could feel her heart skip several beats. She was going to Sesshomaru's castle! "I'll send word back here as soon as we get there. I'll let you all know when we expect you for our wedding. I'd like to see all of you there. It would mean so much to me!" She squeezed Kaede's neck again in a warm hug. "Thanks for everything."

“ Rin if having them at the wedding means that much to you. I’ll extend an invitation to them by all means.” That would mean setting aside his animosity towards Inuyasha for now. He stared at his little brother. “ Inuyasha feel free to come to my castle prior to the wedding ceremony if you want.” He nodded before turning to leave. It means there’s a lot of work to put in the ceremony itself. He figured he would want it to happen soon; he has the ceremonial robes for it ready. But first there’s marking Rin before all of that may happen. Sesshomaru may dislike Inuyasha, barely tolerating his existence, but his brother is not wrong in that aspect. Though his poison would leave a scar behind it would heal eventually, but honestly it was the ceremonial aspect that the lord would do it.

Last edited:
Sensing that her lord was ready to go, Rin turned on her heel, waved to her friends and followed after him. "Let's go, Master Jaken! We've got to hurry!" The little green imp snapped out of his thoughts about Inuyasha and company being at the wedding and hustled after the two lovers. It wasn't until they were on their way that Jaken spoke out. "Do either of you want to explain what's going on?! Rin, what's all this about a wedding?!" Rin giggled from her spot in Ah Un's saddle right behind Jaken. "Well, between you and me, I had no idea. Inuyasha mentioned it first and Lord Sesshomaru didn't deny it." "What exactly went on after you two abandoned me in the village?!" Jaken's face turned from army green to apple red with fury! "Nothing happened, Master Jaken. Calm down!" Rin grabbed the imp's shoulders. "Don't you tell me to be calm, Rin! I was thoroughly humiliated all night last night!" Jaken stared in anger at the back of Sesshomaru's head.

He narrowed his eyes, “ I waited until Rin was all grown before I did anything.” He had a lot of preparations to make soon it would take some time to get all the wedding details down perfectly. He stared down at Jaken thinking of ways to appease the imp. “ Jaken How would you like to be the one to officiate the ceremony?” It was all Sesshomaru could think in terms of making Jaken happy and making it up to the imp for leaving him in Inuyasha’s home over night. He figured it would be an important role for Jaken to have the day of the wedding ceremony. He can imagine no one would have objections that it will appease everyone.

“ We have a lot of preparations to make.” Truthfully, beyond marking Rin as his bride he knows next to nothing about decorations or planning ceremonies figuring it will be up to his servants for the task. He’ll likely delegate others for various tasks in preparation had the day of the ceremony.

Last edited:
The pint sized servant wasted no time in accepting the offer. His eyes flooded with tears of joy. "I'd love to!"

Rin giggled yet again. "Good! Now that that's settled, we can talk about how we're all going to get along." The human smiled at Sesshomaru. "I know you and Inuyasha don't always see eye to eye, but it means so much to me that you would invite him to the ceremony even though he ruined your opportunity to propose." Rin bit her bottom lip before continuing. "I just hope things don't go south when all the family is around each other."

Sesshomaru has a hunch on his mother’s reaction after his father left her for Inuyasha’s mother; it left her resentful and bitter over the years. “ I don’t think my mother will be all that warm and welcoming a fair warning.” He still had plans on proceeding with his wedding ceremony even if his own mothers detested the idea. He is glad Jaken seemed happy with officiating the ceremony so there’s that.

“ I won’t change my mind, Rin. No need to stress yourself out too much over it.” He’ll choose Rin if it comes down to ultimatums. But first there’s the planning the details of the ceremony he knows nothing of those kinds of things. “ I must confess other than marking you, Rin, planning ceremonies isn’t my forte. I suppose I can have someone do the job.” He only really cared about Rin really.

(( Sorry for the delay))

Last edited:
The human gave it a lot of thought, eventually thinking about Kagome and Inuyasha's wedding. "I've seen so many weddings while in the village. I'm sure we can come up with something!" Perhaps she could take ideas from the weddings she'd seen throughout the years. Miroku and Sango's, Kagome and Inuyasha's, all excellent examples. "Leave it to me. I'll handle everything."

Jaken, who had remained silent for a while, suddenly couldn't help but scoff. "Rin, you're going to exhaust yourself before you ever get married."

"Well, maybe I could send a message to Kagome. She could probably come early to help." Rin suggested with a soft shrug. "We could use one of Lady Irasue's men to send the message."

"Uh...." Jaken wanted to tell her off for that suggestion, but didn't want to upset either Rin or Sesshomaru.

It took three whole days for the group to reach the castle in the sky and seeing as her companions were all demons, Rin was the only one that seemed to be exhausted. She trusted Lord Sesshomaru to protect her, but there was still that nagging churning in her stomach due to her imagination running wild.

In fact, the altitude combined with her worrisome thoughts nearly caused Rin to vomit all over AhUn's saddle!

No sooner had the fog parted had several arrows soared past them! Rin jerked AhUn's lead to the left to dodge it, then the right! All directions!

Jaken used his staff to knock one arrow off course! "Gah! Rin, get down! NOW!"

((ME TOO!!!!😣😭😞))

Last edited:
Traveling through the dense fog made Sesshomaru’s demon senses kick into overdrive, not even the fog receding helped that uneasy feeling in the pit of his stomach. It was easy for him to keep himself poised though would suggest a break for Rin sensing that her nerves are frayed combined from stress of their current situation and planning the details of their wedding ceremony. He didn’t have time to suggest a bit of respite, quickly jumping in deflecting the arrows with his sword. He scanned their surroundings looking for assassin's, utilizing his eyesight and nose. He picked up faint traces still they’re demonic knowing it’s his mother’s doing. It didn’t matter, now that he was on full alert. “ Jaken, Rin, stay down.” He mumbles, unsure how many men are out there in attack formation.

The duo obeyed, Rin muttering a quick request to her lord. "Please be careful." Nothing would hurt the human more than Sesshomaru getting hurt mere days after she had confessed her love to him. Her steed started to growl and, from behind the dragon, Jaken noticed a faint purple light the imp knew was the dragon charging an attack!

Through the dense fog and another flurry of arrows, Jaken could barely make out the castle that Sesshomaru called home. The grounds were filled with lesser demons, all with their weapons pointed at the group. "Is Lady Irasue trying to kill us?!" The little imp shrieked.

Before Rin could respond, a beautiful succubus with flowing white hair pinned back and a purple kimono stepped out onto the yard, a look of pure boredom set on her beautiful features. "What's going on? Captain, explain yourself immediately."

The captain of her army, a large ogre with orange fangs and scaly purple skin quickly bowed to her. "My lady, we have company."

Irasue glanced lazily up at their guests and noticed, with a playful smirk, who it was. "You're slipping, Rorek. That's my son."

Sesshomaru patted the dragon’s maw signaling to withdraw its attack it’s over for now, giving Rorek a displeased look he’ll give the captain an earful later. He thought that ogres were born with a keen sense of smell and sight next to a demon’s of course. Rorek is no exception; he would've known his lord from an intruder if he had any common sense at all. He fixed his gaze on his mother next. “ Mother, we have company.” Sesshomaru looked at Rin who was to become his wife soon. “ Her name is Rin.” He walked over to help her down, still a bit peeved at this kind of welcome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back