Session 1 (Broken Lands)

HOUND

The Chopper

Hound grunts, jerks a thumb over his shoulder towards a thin plume of smoke in the waste.

"Slavers were comin' down on you. Decided to dissuade them."

Bright

Bright looks, surprised, at the smoke in the distance, then back at the pistol in his hand.

Slavers... Butcherers of lives. The world got more dangerous each day.

Click

He finally found the gun's safety.

"We thank you, Hound. I would praise you for ridding the world of that scum, but, as you can see, we have our own problems now. Too many of them."

Bright gestured to Shan's corpse, which was being carried away.

He wiped the blood off of his forehead with a hand, and looked at it.

It felt strange, bleeding again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Arsenic 

A wash of relief flows over me as my grimace turns into a smile. "Don't scare me like that. I thought negotiations broke down, not that they didn't show. This is much better."

I step to the edge of his little patch of earth where he farmed. "Let's Give ten days of water to whoever finds out errant traders. Spread that word that Arsenic has a challege and it pays well. We can get to the bottom of this soon enough." 

I turn away, heading back up into the Hall before stopping and looking back. "Keep working on your plants, but shit man... Do something about the taste" 

@Skrakes Thorn,

They keep their shit secure. But not from what you said. They want Rum's cooking.

Rum slams the trunk closed and comes around the car with a box of ammo and then another and another and another. Five boxes total.

Clarion nods; he claps his hands together. "Good. Now's the part where you're outgunned and we take this for free and you keep to yourself. Yeah?"

Rum steps forward, her fists clenched and up. "That wasn't the fucking deal, asshole. No scratch, no fucking deal."

All Monk's guys are hands-on-weapons now. None raised, mind you. Just ready-wait. Clarion motions and two of boys step forward to grab boxes.

What do you do?

@Grey @ThaDruid Hound & Bright,

Mimi steps from the crowd of followers. "You took that all well, Speaker. You were so calm. You must have seen the future to have been so calm. Did you see the future, Speaker?"

What do you say? And Hound, you know Mimi well. How?

@Teh Frixz Arsenic,

You're back in the hall. What's happening now with the family?

Arsenic 

Breakfast is over and the cleaning is half done. Already the children are running to their apprenticeships. Jobs are assigned by what you ended up doing the most of as a kid. You'd follow around your elder and learn from them all day. If you sucked, you'd be pawned off to others until you fell into place. 

With the Hall being returned to its day to day setting, I don't have much else to do. Except maybe go check in on the Source. But one pressing thing remains. Go see Babylon and get her report on security. Babylon is situated out in the gate house above the walls. She'll have something going on. 

Thorn

"Give Rum the jingle," snarls Thorn. He pulls the bolt on his LMG, chambering around, and raises it straight at Clarion. "I always knew you were scum, Clarion. Pay up."

And they'd better, unless they want to go up against Golden Age weapons and armor.

http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=138665

Going aggro to make them pay up.

EDIT: It's brought to my attention that I took Insano Like Draino and, given that Go Aggro is now rolled with Hard, I actually rolled a 10 on this, not a 9. D'oh.

@Teh Frixz Arsenic,

You find Babylon in her perch. She's got half of a set binoculars held up to an eye. The other half must have been lost or damaged.

Without taking it her eyes off the horizon she says, "Boss. Need something or just checking-in?"

How do you respond?

@Skrakes Thorn,

Makes sense. I like it.

Either they're too stupid or don't think much of you. They force your hand. Weapons are pulled. To you, it's too slow. You're already pulling the trigger and sweeping.

You mow down most. A few dive back into the building. A couple hit the ground and cover. Rum jumps behind the car.

Clarion is a dead heap on the ground.

The living assholes start popping out of cover and taking shots.

What do you do?

Thorn

He walks forward into a hail of gunfire, machine gun roaring his fury. Their bullets fly around him. One glances harmlessly off the shoulder piece of his armor, deflecting and hissing over Rum's head.

Time to flush 'em out.

Thorn pulls a grenade from a pouch on his belt. He pulls the pin loose with a soft click. It flies at the nearest cluster of gangers.

http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=138755

Seizing their lives by force. I'll inflict terrible harm, take little harm, and terrify my opponents. Grenade is 4harm area.

HOUND

The Chopper

"Sure looks like it," Hound begins, before Mimi interrupts.

Hound & Mimi used to screw, before she joined Bright's cult.  One day she just wasn't there when he got back to town.  Sawbones said she had been sick, and looked at Hound reproachfully, as if it had been his doing. When she recovered, she joined Bright. 

No one's told him about the tiny grave at the edge of what passes for the cemetery. 

@Skrakes Thorn,

You're grenade explodes and the world becomes a shower of blood and guts. Your armor takes a few bullets. Nothing it can't handle (0-harm after armor)

Two of Monk's boys are alive. Both break cover and take off running. They're not waiting to get killed.

What do you do?

@Grey @ThaDruid Hound & Bright,

Oh yeah! Thanks for the reminder, Hound.

Mimi won't even look at you.

Bright, you notice she won't look at Hound. And how do you respond to Mimi?

Thorn

Leave them alive. Good for business if people are terrified for him. Thorn turns to load the hacksaw kits into her car, alongside the ammo.

He turns to Rum, expectant. Job's done. She's safe and in one piece... right?

Bright

Bright smiles at Mimi's question.

She had a great talent for learning, and she always wanted to know more about the light's teachings.

He raised his voice, so that all of his followers would hear the answer.

"No, Mimi, i did not forsee this would happen. In fact, i followed my instict. The light guided me, and i survived."

He then turned to the rest of the Seekers, and opened his arms.

"Everyone will learn from this! When the unexpected happens, let your very own light guide your steps, and you will succeed."

He let his arms fall back to his sides, took a step back, and coughed.

His voice wasn't the same.

Not after Rotvalley.

@Skrakes

Thorn, yeah. I mean, Rum climbs out of the car. She's in one piece. The car isn't. It's shot to shit.

The two runners get away.

Rum shakes her head and runs a hand through her hair. She stumbles and falls and trembles on the ground. She's clearly in shock.

You're surrounded by bodies, carnage, spent shells, and weapons. It's quiet.

What do you do?

@ThaDruid

Bright, Mimi reaches out to touch you, but stops short. "Speaker, are you okay?"

What do you say?

Thorn

He sifts through the bodies of the dead. When he finds a canteen, he tosses it to Rum. He used to stumble and quiver like that. He grew out of it. When he digs up the keeps to one of the trucks, he loads them up with Rum's ammo and Clarion's pay -- after he reloads his LMG's drum from it. Expenses.

Finally, he picks up Rum from where she fell and loaded her unto the passenger seat.

Looks like he's driving home.

Long day at work, huh?

Bright

Bright kept coughing for a while and waved a hand in her direction.

He took a second to catch his breath, and spat yellow phlegm on the ground.

"Do not worry... I'm fine."

Rotvalley's fumes had messed with his throat.

But it was either that, or passing through Pigskin's territory.

Arsenic

"Well, As much as I love to visit, Any thoughts on that smoke this morning? There shouldn't be anyone out that way that'll be burning and now Traders aren't showing up? I'm starting to feel it's a security issue here." I toe the line of her shack, literally. Babylon once looted a crate of bright yellow tape. Strong stuff that lasted years to wear out. Being security minded, Babylon taped off anything remotely security related across the compound. Including a small 'visitors' box taped out inside the door of the shack. She loved that stuff and I felt it fair for all she did to let her have her tape. 

I'm not about to say no to the one keeping the Apocalypse at bay in any case. She deserved more than what she asked and never complained. I just wish I could offer more than water for her. 

@Skrakes

Thorn, Rum shakes her head. "Shouldn't have been like that. Shouldn't." She rubs her fingers. They're shaking bad. You know she's coming off the adrenaline high. "I don't get it. I don't get it." She thinks for moment. "Monk is going to come. For us, I mean. Both of us. What're we going to do?"

@Grey, @ThaDruid

Hound, after Bright's coughing fit, Mimi turns to you. Acknowledging you. Finally. "Thank you. For keeping them off us. You think they'll come back?"

@Teh Frixz
Arsenic, Babylon shakes her head. "No idea. Worries the shit out of me, though." She steps down from the ladder and turns to you. "Saw Hound and his crew stop some raiders about to roll over Bright and his followers. But this is something else. I think we need to scout it out. You want me to take a few and check it out?"

Bright

Bright starts making his way to April's tent.

She gets annoyed, to say the least, when she has to wait too long.

HOUND

The Chopper

Hound sniffs, has a long hard look at the horizon.

"Not soon.  They'll take this personally, though," he says, thumbs in his gunbelt. "Might be I'll want more firepower when they do."

If Thorn hasn't gotten himself killed in the last few weeks, Hound may need to win him over. 

Arsenic 

"No, I think I'll come along on this one. Signal Hound. We need him for this, I don't want any risks. For you or me. Round up your apprentices, we can take whatever you think is suitable. We aren't going to find out any more sitting around" 

With that, I turn on my heel. Spinning actually. And head back to my room to change and prep for the little excursion out into the wasteland.  

@Teh Frixz, @Skrakes, @Grey

Arsenic, Hound, Thorn, you're all in the Small Meeting Room. Babylon is there, Arsenic's security officer.

Babylon nods and turns to Arsenic. "Boss," she says, "had word Thorn just got back into town from some excursion with Rum. Figured he'd want to hear what you had to say about this whole trip."

What do you all do?

@ThaDruid

Bright, you find April in her infirmary. That's what it's called, at least. It's more like an elementary school gym turned blood-stained morgue.

April is shoving intestines back into a dead man on one of the tables. She's swearing under her breath.

She hasn't noticed you, yet.

What do you do?

HOUND

The Chopper

Hound finds a convenient wall to lean against and waits for an explanation, eyeing Thorn speculatively. 

Bright

Keeping a calm demeanor, Bright walks up to April with heavy steps, making sure that she will hear him coming.

Someone almost got stabbed with a syringe last time they sneaked up on her.

He pays no mind to the stitched-up corpses strewn around the "infirmary".

She frequently asked for dead raiders to be brought here.

Wouldn't say why, though.

Maybe for study, who knows.

"April." He greets her.

Arsenic 

The security room wasn't in the facility proper. More of a 'foyer' feel to it than a home. Apart from the occasional tour, she tended to keep the waste out of her home. They could ruin this doormat of a room, the only thing nice in here was the cold pitcher of clean water on the table. 

"Does the excursion have anything to do with the smoke plume coming up this morning? Or my missing caravans? All the natives here know we trade fair and counter attack hard. Nobody wants an embargo, specially not me. Has anyone besides thorn and rum seen anything? Nothing should be out where the plumes were" 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back