• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Serpents | Main

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here

Gryffin Cabeza

mood.

tense, anxious

location.

the bar

It was as plain as day that Mimi was still resentful down to her core. To judge her would be hypocritical and damn near blind of him. So he didn't. Not now, nor ever. It was ridiculously hard to see her this angry with him. She was younger so it must've had a bigger impact on her than he could ever figure. Despite being somewhat intoxicated, he felt sober enough to address these issues here and then. Perhaps the alcohol actually helped mute the starkly doubtful thoughts that plagued him before this point. He might never have approached her sober.

At first it seemed like she'd just continue to ignore him, building a brick wall of deflection between the two to neglect the nagging issues causing such a rift to begin with. But some sort of anger must've propelled her into facing it head on. She lurched toward him, brushing aggressively past with the bump of her slender but forceful shoulders to make a way for their chat. He followed suit, eyes snaking around the room at the couple of eyes watching the drama go down. He sneered with his gaze, in response to which they diverted their own.

When Mimi paused, whipping around to face him, he prepared for a flurry of pissy frustration. And that was exactly what he got. It was okay with him. She obviously needed to get it off her chest. A heavy sigh escaped him, bright but glassy eyes glazed and watching the ceiling. "Mariah... Nothing I say is going to satisfy you or fix the bullshit. But you have to know I thought about you the entire time. And made sure you were safe. I came back because Casey didn't build his syndicate for nothing. Believe it or not, I cared. A whole fuckin' lot. I wouldn't have taken his rank if I didn't. I'm not letting shit fall apart any more than it has." He explained mournfully, though his tone held together beneath a stoic and firm front.

blood

♡coded by uxie♡

brianna carlton
the best friend
bar
annoyed
interactions

Neviah ( Parallax Parallax ); Stevie; Enzo ( MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat )

Well, no. Brianna was not excited to see Mimi leaving, especially leaving with Gryffin. Sure, he was her brother but in a way, Bri was her sister, she was protective and slightly possessive in a way. Mimi was the only true family Brianna ever knew and ever since that unfortunate (or maybe fortnuate) episode in the cafeteria of their high school, those two were thick as thieves. Bri understood blood was thicker than water, thicker than whiskey even but it still stung her sharply when Mimi downed her shots and walked away with Gryffin. Where was the dude when Mimi needed a brother? Where was Gryffin when the Serpents needed him as well? Where was Gryffin when…? Bri bit her tongue and tossed down another shot to chase the taste of bitter bitch crawling up her throat.

“Whatever…” she mumbled and toyed with the half full bottle in her hands. Was this it? Was this about to be her night? Because she could get totally plastered on her own and find herself a boy toy to make her feel things but a part of her didn’t really want to drag a stranger to her sheets.

“Hey, doll! I’m talking to you! Get us two—”

“Fuck you, it’s not my shift!” she growled at the beefcake on the other side of the counter and pressed the bottle in the chest of the young man who had already proven to be incapable. For all Bri cared, he could serve any kind of bullshit to whomever he wanted, she was going to take care of her drinks herself.

Grabbing another random bottle from the shelf, she noticed a few familiar faces and lurked over with a lopsided grin just in time to hear Neviah’s comment. “Not gonna throw a punch but how about free drinks?” she mused and set the bottle of what she realized was rum on the bar. “Hey, guys.” she waved at Stevie, River and Enzo and slammed a glass on top of the less than polished wood harder than intended. “This place sucks. Casey would hate it. It’s a celebration of life and people just keep moping. Do I need to pull some Coyote Ugly shit for people to actually look alive or what?” she grumbled and poured herself a rather unkosher glass of brown alcohol.

coded by natasha.

river striker
the right-hand man
bar
amused
interactions

Stevie; Enzo ( MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat ); Neviah ( Parallax Parallax )

A long rough index finger landed under Stevie’s chin after she called River a masochist and he lifted her face up, leaning closer almost as if he was about to kiss her. “There is a certain part of me that says you might very well enjoy that, Torrero.” he hummed in her face, savoring the moment for a bit longer before he pulled away. Their little flirty banter was honestly giving him life and while he was a fucking coward to speak his real mind, he thoroughly enjoyed every conversation with the nurse lady every time he had a chance. “Honestly, it just didn’t feel like the right night. I can get myself fucked up tomorrow if you’d like. Just wanna see me naked, eh? Admit it.” he laughed just as they walked inside, engaging in a slightly more serious conversation.

“I’d rather prevent that really. Outlaws and Serpents will somehow have to learn to coexist.” Rover hummed and for a moment, he got lost in thoughts. He was a hot head and not often he measured his words and yet, the Serpents were everything to him. It was his family, they gave him shelter and protection at his most vulnerable state and he was practically a legacy. River wouldn’t let anyone hurt his family but now, Gryffin was here to take over and while River knew the gang like the back of his hand, he had no right to claim the leader position, it rightfully belonged to Gryff.

The two walked towards the bar and River would never pay attention to the couple by his side had Stevie not greeted them. “Hey there.” he kept his greetings short, accompanied by a small wave of his hand. He ordered himself another whiskey to go with his almost finished beer and turned to look at the other two. Enzo immediately threw flirty comments at Stevie and River’s eyes narrowed right away. He scowled at the younger Serpent and the left corner of his upper lip lifted up threateningly as if he were a werewolf ready to turn. Enzo liked to grind his gears and River knew he was easily riled up but he couldn’t help it. He was never rational when it came to Stevie.

Wrapping an arm around her waist possessively, he pulled her closer. “She always looks amazing.” he mumbled like a small pouty boy and the line was definitely not matching the Mad Dog of the Serpents. Brianna joined the small group with a bottle of her own and she looked equally bored as Neviah half-lying on the bar counter. Hearing about the Coyote Ugly idea, River’s eyes lit up and he nudged Stevie as well. “How about that? I’d watch that kind of a show. Casey would love that shit.” And a shit-eating grin appeared on his face, accompanying that mischievous spark in his eyes.

coded by natasha.

Katarina Fox

Had Katarina realized that both Ace and Gryffin were heading to the bar, she might have considered joining the former to get her own drink... but she wasn't one to tag along after the fact, so she found herself alone with Jeremy. Well, as alone as two people could be in a crowded bar. Her dark eyes tracked the two Outlaw members as they disappeared towards the bar, before her gaze flicked over to meet Jeremy's when he spoke. What do you think he's gonna want us to do? His roaming gaze didn’t go unnoticed, but then again she’d been studying him earlier so she let it slide. For a moment Kat's mouth remained firmly in a neutral line as she considered how she wanted the conversation with the Serpent to go. He was ever the curious one, and the jury was still out on whether that was an annoyance or showed his willingness to work with Gryffin.

Deciding to give him a chance before assigning him to one of her four categories of men, Kat gave a small shrug of her shoulder, finally settling herself on one of the bar stools. "Does it matter?" She inquired with a sigh, propping her elbow on the counter and leaning her cheek on her hand. "We'll do whatever it is regardless..." She added, before raising an eyebrow. "Right?" Her expression was severe for a moment as she essentially questioned his loyalty, before her mouth turned up slightly in a teasing smirk, hinting that she was fucking with him. Mostly. “I stopped trying to figure out Gryffin’s plans a while ago… but I imagine we’ll largely be backup. He has a rather hands on approach to things.”

Kat turned her attention to her own hand, regarding the broken nail she’d noticed earlier with disapproval. She was meticulous and hated things to be out of order. The singular short nail amongst her longer ones was not only an eye sore but grated her OCD. Resisting the urge to pull her nail file out right then and there, she returned her attention to Jeremy in time to catch his sly grin. Men always thought they were so sly. She considered warning him to leave whatever was about to come out of his mouth unsaid, but it was too late. Let me guess. You’re good with your hands, right? Can kill a man fifty different ways and make it look like an accident?

Katarina sat back up in her stool, turning her body so she faced Jeremy. “You’ve got me all figured out, huh.” She replied skeptically, slowly leaning towards him until she was in reach of the glass he’d been gesturing to her with. Stealing his drink from him, since Ace still hadn’t returned with hers, she leaned back once more and brought it to her lips. It wasn’t her liquor of choice, but it burned just the same as it ran down her throat. “I’m rather insulted that you think I only know fifty ways to end a man.” The brunette continued, watching the ice and liquid dance together in the glass as she swirled it distractedly. “Of course, some of those are only theoretical. I’ve not tested all of them… yet.” Her dark eyes flicked back up to Jeremy with the promise of danger. “Perhaps you’d like to volunteer to help me confirm one more…” Once again though, the corners of her mouth twitched, saving the Serpent from the proposition of becoming her next victim.

Depends…

Serpent Clubhouse

nine lives

scroll me!

mood
testy

tags
Bri ( _amaranth_ _amaranth_ ); Gryf ( Parallax Parallax )

mariah cabeza

the sister

Most people, at least the ones Mimi had come across in her time on this earth, didn't appreciate being yelled at. They wouldn't just stand there and take it when a girl about half their size snapped off at them, but that's pretty much exactly what Gryf did. He stood there during her little rant, not saying a word or making a move until she finished. His silence only infuriated her further, her hands balling into fists by her side as he sighed, the sound grating to her ears. Everything he'd done since returning had only served to piss her off, but there was still a small part of her that wished things could just go back to how they were. She and Gryf used to be so close, but so much had happened since those times.

She flinched slightly at the use of her full name, her eyes watching him warily as he responded to her tangent. His tone was mournful, tugging on her heartstrings and even making her eyes water. She quickly blinked away the tears, crossing her arms over her chest as she averted her gaze, hoping he hadn't seen. Mariah wasn't known for hiding her emotions, but that didn't mean she wanted anyone to see her cry. Tears were weakness, it was a lesson she'd learned over and over growing up. One that had certainly stuck with her even now. "You thought about me?" She asked, her voice and the scoff that followed light. Shaking her head, she bit down on the inside of her cheek, both to keep herself from outright sobbing and also to stop the tirade that was sure to follow.

"Our brother is dead." She said instead, finally allowing herself to look at him again. "And you might as well have been." She uncrossed her arms, reaching up to run her fingers through her hair. "Nobody has any leads on what happened. How are we supposed to bury Casey and move on without even knowing who killed him? Or why?" The why might be a little easier to figure out than who, considering the whole gang thing. Someone wanted to prove their dick was bigger, so they'd buried a bullet in Casey, but that didn't tell them who had pulled that trigger. It bothered Mimi more than she wanted to let on, and she knew she wasn't the only one. "Fuck." She suddenly cursed, feeling the first few tears escape her eyes, leaving wet trails down her cheeks. And suddenly the waterworks broke free, and she buried her face in her hands, trying to stop them.

♡design by neon reverie, coded by uxie♡

scroll me!

mood
bold

tags
Gryf ( Parallax Parallax ); Kat ( Desert_Blossom Desert_Blossom ); Ace (@Top11)

Jeremy Matherson

the new recruit

For a moment after his initial question to Kat, the former-outlaw-turned-serpent didn't move, nor did her expression change. That was when he took the moment to let his eyes roam, appreciating her form as he usually did with the fairer sex. Not that he was stupid enough to think that made them weaker, because it was his experience that told him that would be wrong. Not with all of them, but some. Women like Kat were the ones you had to watch out for, because they were smart enough to realize they didn't need brawn to beat a man. Brains were enough, because all they had to do was figure out their opponents weakness. They might not be physically stronger in each case, but they didn't have to be.

He didn't back down from his question, regarding her carefully until she finally loosened up enough to shrug. Settling herself onto one of the stools, she responded, and her question had him pondering for a second before he shook his head. "Guess not." He answered, his eyes flicking towards Gryf, who had found his sister. Hearing Kat's next statement, followed by her question, Jeremy slid his gaze back in her direction. "Oh, absolutely." He downed more of his drink, slamming it down on the table harder than he meant to. "I didn't get these fuckin' bruises for nothin'." He smirked, placing both hands on the table as he leaned closer to her. "Not that it did me that much good, considering I didn't find out jack shit that I wanted to." His annoyance was obvious, but it faded when he recognized the teasing smirk on her face.

"Does he?" Jeremy leaned back now, hands still on the table as he studied Kat once more. This was his chance to find out a little more about the new leader, and again he looked around, but now Gryf had disappeared. So had his dark haired, firecracker sibling. Interesting. Frowning, he looked back to Kat, the sly comment escaping his mouth before his brain caught up. She straightened, turning to look at him, and he just shrugged smugly at her question. She leaned closer, snagging his drink before he could even protest, though as he watched her raise it to her lips the protest died on his tongue. Her statement about being insulted brought a grin to his lips, though it faded into a flat expression when she invited him to be her next murder victim. "Classy." He muttered, though looked thoughtful for a moment. "Any of those failed methods end up in the bedroom?" He asked, his smirk returning.

♡design by neon reverie, coded by uxie♡

stevie

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

• home (filler tab)

billie eilish

all the good girls go to hell

There seemed to be a little bit of tension in the air between the two groups, Stevie couldn't deny that. Or, now one, she supposed. Every once in a while, the brunette nurse would look at her fellow Serpents and wonder what they thought of her, said behind closed doors. As far as she knew, they were all entirely oblivious to what had happened to Clark Matthews. Casey had just made it seem as though Clark left the Serpents and moved away. There weren't a lot of people he was close to, only a few guys in the gang. But that was enough people that some had noticed. Nevertheless, no one challenged Casey's words. He was the man in charge, had no reason to lie to his own people, not any that they know of anyway. So even his best friends had let it go. Stevie, however, couldn't help but be a bit terrified that one day someone else would find out her secret, the blood on her hands she so desperately wanted to leave behind in her past.

"You and I both know that if I wanted to see you naked, you'd strip before I could even finish asking," she responded with a flirty grin, bumping her shoulder against River's, "Even in front of all of these people." Once inside, she looked around all the faces with mild interest. It was something she did naturally, constantly checking on her friends and fellow Serpents to make sure that they didn't need her. A virtue, or maybe a vice in some aspects, Stephania Torrero would gladly through herself in harm's way if that meant she could protect them. It was why she kept her true family, her little brothers and her parents, at arm's length. Talk to them all once a week but otherwise kept them in the dark about what she did. They believed she was a nurse in the city in a clinic, helping families with minor ailments. If only they knew.

"I think it's going to take some getting used to, having us all here together," Stevie said, choosing her words carefully. But that part of their conversation was cut short by the conversation from Lorenzo and Neviah. It wasn't lost on the brunette nurse that Neviah wasn't exactly her biggest fan, though she didn't entirely understand why. But, she often returned the energy she got, and so they were generally hostile towards one another. Pulled from her thoughts, Stevie felt River wrap her into his side. She glanced up at him curiously but said nothing about the motion. Instead, she turned her attention back to Enzo and the newly joining Bri. "Hi, Bri. Shots sound good to me at least." No quicker than she had finished did the patched member push a glass of vodka in front of her. Throwing the clear liquid back in sync with Enzo, Stevie set her glass back on the counter as River nudged her. "I'm going to need a couple of more shots before I attempt something like that. I haven't danced on a bar since college."

♡coded by uxie♡

enzo

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

• home (filler tab)

panic! at the disco

the good, the bad, and the dirty

Neviah was gorgeous and fun to be around. She certainly brightened up the party, and Enzo most certainly wasn't mad that she took a seat in her lap. He grinned at her as she grabbed his chin, reaching up to push a stray strand of hair behind her ear. "If I didn't know any better, I'd say you were flirting with me," he teased, inhaling the scent of her whiskey and craving a drink of his own. He brought another glass to his lips, downing the bitter clear liquid. If there was any chance of getting drunk that night, he was certainly going to take it. Casey was one of his closest friends, someone he looked up to, who brought him into his new family and gave him a place where he felt like he belonged. It sucked that he wouldn't be around any longer, and he could only hope that Gryffin would do Casey's memory proud. The brunette could only imagine what the new Serpents leader was going through, losing a brother and merging two gangs in the same week. He didn't know what he would do if he was in that position.

The presence of Stevie and River made him perk up a bit, a knowing smirk finding its way onto his face. Unlike Stevie seemed to be, Lorenzo wasn't oblivious to the way River felt about the nurse. Sure, he didn't know the full extent of that or their relationship, and he didn't know about Clark and Stevie or what River had seen. But it was clear that Mad Dog cared about her more than most others. And it was with that knowledge that Enzo was able to push the right-hand man's buttons. His minor flirty comment was enough to cause River to pull Stevie even closer, almost possessively to keep her away from him. Neviah moved from him, sitting on the stool alongside him, and Bri joined their seemingly growing group with a bottle of rum. Enzo and Stevie threw back what was his third shot, the warm feeling of liquor traveling down his throat warming him from the inside out. It would be a bit before he began to feel the effects, the fuzziness in his head, and the inhibition. But it would come soon enough.

Brianna mentioned something about Coyote Ugly, and Lorenzo perked up, glancing from her to the two brunette women in his little group. "I would gladly pay money for the three of you to hop up on that bar and dance for us," he said with a grin, raising a hand to the bartender. "Hey man! Play something upbeat for these ladies, would ya?" In most cases, the bartender would have probably ignored such a request. But Enzo was patched, and the bartender seemed intrigued enough that he rolled his eyes and obliged. The music's tempo and volume increased, not enough that they couldn't at least have a conversation over it. But creating a much livelier atmosphere than the depressing mood beforehand. Could he get in trouble for this? Maybe. Enzo wasn't quite sure what Gryffin's leadership style would be, hadn't heard much about it from the Outlaws. But this party wasn't for him. It was for Casey, and Casey would have loved some actual dancing. "How about it, ladies? Ready to get this party started?"

♡coded by uxie♡

/* ------ right side ------ */

/* ------ image 1 ------ */
mood | Vengeful

location | Holt Estate

/* ------ image 2 ------ */
outfit | Black jeans, white t-shirt, dark brown leather coat, beige Tims.

/* ------ image 3 ------ */
tag | Mention: Gryff Parallax Parallax

/* ------ left side ------ */

Tank

/* ------ main textbox ------ */
Loud knocks echoed through the luxury home that sat on the edge of the water front. The beautiful new construction overshadowed the rest of the neighborhood in size - a million dollar home in the midst of chum-change. Three particular over exaggerated thumps on the front door woke the middle aged man inside from his unexpected midday nap. Carl Holt was his name. Holt was the Outlaws’ money handler and most trusted defense lawyer. When tainted money came in from Outlaw business, Holt would wash it clean, put it into untraceable LLC accounts that made the IRS look away and made business much easier for the club. He also dealt with new and pending charges against club members - keeping them out of jail most of the time; and he’d been doing this for years so he was pretty damn good at it. The large house he was living in was undoubtedly bought with his compensation from that business. He lived in milk and honey, but his night was about to be ruined and no one could have expected it.

Rolling off of the sofa in his oversized bath robe, Holt slid his bare feet into his fluffy slippers before standing up and rubbing his face awake. He picked up the half eaten croissant he failed to finish earlier and took a bite of it before running to answer the front door. “I’m coming!” He called out as bread flakes rained from his mouth. He repeated himself again before opening the door, shielding his exposed ginger chest by pulling his robe together at the neck. “Yes?” he answered, squinting at the back of the large broad-shouldered man that stood on his porch. “Can I help you?”

“You can,” the man answered, the voice ringing familiar in Holt’s ears though he was unable to put a name to it until the gentleman turned to face him. “Oh shit!” Holt cursed in unexpected shock, choking momentarily on the bread residue that lingered in his throat. “Marcus! I didn’t know you were out!”

“Surprise mothafuker,” Marcus joked, shaking Holt’s hand as the man invited him into his home with a smile. Marcus turned to look over his shoulder before shutting the door closed behind him. His Tims struck the hardwood floor as he followed Holt into the living room. His black jeans and dark leather overcoat in complete contrast with the lightness of the home’s interior. He looked out of place but knew he belonged, feeling that a house like the one he roamed could be his one day. “Nice house,” Marcus complimented as he took time to inspect all the unique and exotic pieces of art hanging from the walls, stopping before an ancient African mask that hung right above his family portraits. The mask was covered in colorful abstract from top to bottom, a beautiful piece that stood out amongst the rest of the white-washed pieces of fine art.

“You like it? That one is a…..West African ceremonial mask or something. They found it in the Congo River years ago. I got it for a good price at an auction I used to frequent. I can get you one if you want,” Holt offered as he let himself drop back onto his sofa. He crossed his legs and changed the channel on the muted television that was left on during his nap. “So what brings you by Marcus? Griffyn failed to mention you were stopping by,” he wondered as he scrolled through the channels.

“Gryff don’t know I’m out yet. None of the club does as a matter of fact. I thought I’d surprise them just like I did you,” he stated simply, attention drifting to Holt’s family pictures. Holt turned from the television, a bit confused as his question had still gone unanswered. “So….” he dragged on.

Marcus turned to face Holt after hearing the uncertainty in the man’s voice. He held a picture frame between his palms, glancing at the picture with an eerie smile. “Looks like Rachel is all grown up,” he mentioned casually, still not giving Holt any clues on why he showed up.

“Yes, she surely has…”

“Shes what, eighteen now? No, nineteen!” Right on the money Marcus.

“Correct….Marcus what-“

“She’s going to Stanford to ain’t she? Livin’ on campus….Room 203 next to the big ass fountain! Must be a nice view...”

Holt was shocked to say the least, his face flushed red as his heart started beating unfamiliarly fast on how accurate all Marcus’ statements were. His body felt stiff but managed to force itself off the sofa, trying to figure out how Marcus had all that information about his daughter. He’d been vigilant about keeping his family life away from the club, but the man before him seemed to have all the information regardless - and god knows how much more he knew. “Why are you-“ cut off again.

“I’m here to collect what’s mine,” he stated, Stephanie’s picture still in his hands. He appeared larger than before as he started to approach Holt. Like an overstretched shadow under light, he grew bigger every time Holt blinked. His presence was cold, aggression projecting from the narrowing of his brow. Holt gulped silently, fear creeping through his bones. “Please Marcus, I don’t know what you mean,” Holt pleaded, hands raised up in defense as he back peddled and tripped himself back onto the sofa.

Marcus dropped the frame which immediately shattered under his feet. His boots crushed the glass as approached Holt. He reached under his coat and pulled out the gat strapped to his belt line, muzzle drifting towards Holt’s forehead until it found its target.

“You owe me five years ni**a! I know you got my money!” He yelled out, jerking Holt’s head back as the end of his weapon pressed against his red skin. Holt closed his eyes and turtled away, chin sinking to his chest in hopes of getting away from the firearm. “Please! Please!” He begged, wishing for Marcus to come to his senses and stop what he was doing. Surprisingly his pleads appeared to work - momentarily at least.

Holt opened an eye and peeked as the gun was drawn away from his head. Marcus still stood uncomfortably close, but the immediate danger of a bullet between his eyes had faded. Now opening both eyes, Holt regained his ability to speak more than a single word. “I don’t have the money here, but-“

“I know that. That’s why you’re going to transfer the money to this account,” he demanded, pulling a folded piece of scrap paper from his coat pocket and dropping it in his lap.

“I can’t-I can’t make transfers without Gryffins approval.”

“You got no choice. You either do what I tell you to or my people are going to pay your little girl a visit,” he threatened as the gun found itself taped to Holt’s forehead again. “And if you tell Gryff or the club anything, I’ll kill you my damn self ni**a…”

/* ------ credit -- do not remove ------ */

© weldherwings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back