• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Mitheral

"Growf!"
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Firefly
Serenity Specs

This will be based on the TV series. The RP will pick up after the events of the movie.

For the time the RP starts at, I may timeskip a year.

Must Fill Slots
Captain (Mal)
First Mate (Zoe)
Pilot (River)
Engineer (Kaywinnet)
Mercenary (Jayne)
Doctor (Simon)
Indra technically wasn’t part of the crew. But she was a regular.

Kaywinnet and Simon have a relationship, consumated at the end of the movie, Serenity.

Folks, don’t accept a role if you can’t commit. I will expect posts 2 to 3 times a week, at least. This is especially true for Mal, Kay and Simon.

For my part, I plan to run a pair of passengers (married couple) who charter their place much as Simon and River did. There search for passage comes at a time when the ship is down on its luck and in need of repairs, fuel, and supplies. They play their cards close to their chest, saying little about themselves. In fact, the condition of “no questions asked” and the wish to “avoid any Imperial entanglements” come up.

Their offer is pretty damned good, maybe too good to be true. They just want to rent a stateroom, of which there are none - not without modifying the passage. (The Serenity has 5 rooms for crew. There are 9 passenger dorms (18 passengers max). They want 4 dorms reserved for them with permission to convert one into an office. They don’t want to go anywhere in particular. They just want to travel. No tour guides. Basically they want to use the Serenity like a cruise ship - with no planned route. The ship can do its business on the side. They are just paying the passage - and paying well for it - very well. The real question is, will they be trouble?

Plot
This will be a semi sandbox RP. I will be looking for the group to come up with the missions. Once the group has an outline, I will take over. The group can come up with NPC. The “CS” for the NPC’s can be very basic - just brief descriptions. Or they can be complicated. The latter is preferred if the group wants a recurring NPC. Mission descriptions should include the Job, Reward, and Obstacles. Remember, if it sounds too good to be true …

For a while my characters will be in the background. However, they do have a policy of “protecting their ride.” So if the ship and crew come under attack, odds are they will kick in and help. They are both musicians, though not by trade. But they did bring guitars. They also have some technical skills. They just aren’t familiar with Serenity specifically.

Opting for an Original Character version. I'll need at lest two to get us started .. a Captain and a First Mate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back