Ser [Approved]

Federoff

The legend of Groose
“It is our goal to rise above the Samsara and achieve enlightenment. However I cannot sit back and watch the rest of the world fall into chaos"

b104a8422b45a28db783cd751a431ed9.jpg

|General Information|

Full Name:

"My name is Ser"

Nickname(s):

Ser does not have a nickname, he only goes by Ser

Birth Date:

December 12th, 1976

Race/Ethnicity:

Zang (Tibetan)

Male

Sexuality:

Asexual

"Love is a natural part of life, those feelings are inevitable. However we must let go of those we truly love for it will end in pain and despair. Love will do nothing more then perpetuate the endless circle of Samsara"

Marital Status:

Single

Current Family Member:

"I was raised by the monastery. Any family I may have had in this life have moved on and I only pray they have achieved a better life"

Shiva- Father

|Appearance Description|

Face Shape:

Heart or circular 

Hair Style:

"My head was stripped clean of all hair long ago. All that is left is my Jieba"

Hair Color:

N/A

Eye Color:

Chestnut Brown

Skin Color:

Lightly Tanned

Height:

5'10

Weight

130 IB

Body Type:

Mesomorph:

- Athletic
- Hard body
- Well defined muscles
- Rectangular shaped body
- Strong
- Gains muscle easily
- Gains fat more easily than ectomorphs

Tattoo(s):

Tattooed upon each of his wrists are the symbols of his monastery, which consists of two dragons intertwined

Scar(s):

Although considered sacred, his Jieba would technically be classified as 9 scars

|Personal Information|

Personality:

Ser is a traveling monk, a champion of peace set out with a mission to achieve his vision. He believes that obtaining peace is the first step to breaking the Samsara, a never ending cycle of death and rebirth, a vision shared by many of his fellow brothers and sisters of his monastery. However unlike his brethren he believes that before obtaining worldwide peace one must obtain inner peace. Dogmatic preaching and doctrinal living is not for everyone, Ser himself understands this, and instead believes that engaging and connecting with individuals to overcome their inner turmoil is a better way to achieve this vision. Once this is accomplished then may the world begin to break their chains that bind them to fate. With this mindset Ser has made it his mission to help anyone and everyone to achieve or at least start down this path of awakening. Ser will never turn anyone in need down or away, he is willing to help if people are willing to let him. True he will seek out to help those he senses need it but he will not force it upon anyone, although he may lecture them if they become too arrogant or ignorant. Most of the time he will stay within the background, quietly observing and assessing the world around him. Sometimes he will wait for others to act first and sometimes he will be the first to act, with Ser it is impossible to know exactly which will be which.

Despite his yearning for peace and enlightenment Ser is by no means unprepared for the world around him today. Do not mistake his kindness for weakness. All because he does not wish to fight does not mean he cannot or will not fight when the time calls for it. He will protect the innocent and defend the defenseless without a moments hesitation. Usually also lecturing and trying to reason with the opposition and turn them from their dark path. He knows that this will not work all the time, but for him criminals are not born they are made. Everyone has the potential to become one and everyone has the potential to turn around. When not promoting peace, helping others through turmoil, or fighting the misguided Ser is often within solitude. Meditating, praying, training, working, or simply just remaining quiet in the background. Due to the nature of his work its not often that he gets to enjoy the tranquility of solitude and silence but when he does he finds great solace in it. It is a comfort that he relies on to refresh his mind and keep him focuses.

Solitude, Tranquility, Meditation, Guiding others, Candles, Tea, Snow, Mountains

Dislikes:

Misguidance, Arrogance, Ignorance, Violence, Meat, 

Goals:

To break the cycle of Samsara, to guide others to the same end goal, to spread peace and tranquility

Fears:

Being bound forever 

Strengths:

Agile 

Resilient

Level Headed

Weaknesses:

Passive

Refusal to severely harm others

Loyalty

Background:

Even the Gods are subject to Fate's whims and fancies; no being can ignore that fact. The powerful deities of the divine pantheons cannot escape Fate's fabric as it entwines their Legend in the goings-on of the World. The Devas are no exception: Fate's fingers tug at the lives of the Hindu Gods just as much (if not moreso) than those of mortals. Every Deva feels Fate's ever-present grasp holding her down to the material and tethering the spirit to the cold, miserable reality of the World. For the Devas, there is only one way to deal with this spiritual imprisonment: Break the chains and free yourself from Fate's grasp. Samsara represents the struggle against Fate's binding. Roughly translated from Sanskrit as a "journey" or "wandering," it represents the struggle for individuals against the eminent and ubiquitous forces surrounding the World, those powers even greater than the Gods and Titans. Each power is a manipulation of the influence of Fate's interaction with the World, from the simplest abstraction to the overarching themes and mysteries of creation; from cause-and-effect to death and reincarnation. Samsara is a cycle, a process never-ending; only by overcoming fate and denying the realm of the senses can one be one with Fate. Thus is life: a never ending battle that either ends in nirvana or continuous entrapment. However not all are bound to this fate. The Trimurti are an example of this. Each are transcended above the Samsara, above fate itself. Many times has this knowledge bore fruit, allowing them to act as they so pleased.

Consider Vishnu, the preserver and protector of creation. It is he who has saved humanity time and time again, reincarnating nine times to protect their creation. However with this event foreseen as a potential end for more then just humanity this was no longer within his realm, and so the task was bestowed upon Shiva. For years this problem was meditated upon and slowly a plan was conceived and put into motion. What started as a simple idea by his wife Parvati slowly turned into reality. For many years afterward they searched and searched for a perfect vessel and finally one night they had found it. Together the two descended down from the heavens and into his mothers dreams. There they explained and instructed her and the three laid the foundation for the future. Within the year Ser was conceived and birthed into the world. Shortly after his birth his mother would travel to Shaolin Monastery in Henan Province and give him up to the Monastery to live out his life and undergo training for his fate. 

For the next 10 years he would be raised, disciplined, trained, and learned amongst his fellow brethren. He ate with them, trained with them, studied with them and meditated with them. Despite being different then his brothers he was welcomed without questions. During his adolescent years he would be blissfully unaware of his inner potential and heritage. Only later in life when he begin to question where he came from did he begin to go down the correct path. After questioning the head monks he was given a letter from his mother instructing him to meditate on the question. And so he did. For seven days and seven nights he locked himself within deep meditation, striving to obtain the knowledge he sought. His mind solely focused on sharpening his insight. And upon the morning of the eight day the answers came to him. Whether it was a vision or temporary transcendence Ser could not tell, but for a brief time he ascendant past the mortal realm and into the realm of the gods. There he was met by his divine father, Shiva, and there he learned of his heritage and divine purpose. There he accepted the truth and was guided upon the next path, the path of the pathless.

Upon returning to his physical body he found by his side two presents to aid him in his journeys. A mālā garland to represent his spiritual awakening and aid him in manifesting his powers and a simple wooden staff, enchanted to be indestructible, to represent the indomitable physical self that Ser possessed. For the next 10 years Ser underwent harsh training to develop and control his divine powers, learning how to use them and why to use them from the meditated instructions of his family. Once this period of training was complete he was sent out into the world to travel and to teach.

Like a gust of wind Ser quietly travels from town to town, he's low key and keeps his distance. He rarely raises the curiosity of the inhabitants. Whether they be common folk, troubled souls, soulless businessmen, or criminals that have been slowly draining the town of life. Usually posing as a simple man looking for work, simple tasks or odd jobs it doesn't matter to him, to make ends need. During his stay Ser would do more then just work simple busy work however, in the background he would heal the troubled souls of those that resided within the town. He would tend and mend to the wounds and troubles of those around him, helping people achieve a better life within the Samsara. He has made it his mission to help and enlighten all those who are willing and open to. He would do more then just heal the troubled victims around him however. If he could Ser would take crime fighting into his own hands. For every misguided individual or group he found he would apprehend. He would try to guide those going down the dark path back to a more peaceful and tranquil one. Sometimes he would be successful, other times he would not. Either way he would give the chance of redemption before committing to apprehending them. As the hour approached for the destined time Ser would begin to approach the final destination of his traveling, ready to offer his aid to prevent and end what was to come.

|Divine Information|

Pantheon:

Hindu 

God:

Shiva

Nature:

Visionary

Attributes:

Physical- Primary

Social- Tertiary

Mental- Secondary

Traits:

Physical

Strength - [***]

Dexterity - [****]

Stamina - [****]

Social

Charisma - [***]

Manipulation - [*]

Appearance - [***]

Mental

Perception - [****]

Intelligence - [**]

Wits - [***]

Abilities:

Athletics - ****
Awareness - ****
Brawl - *****
Empathy - **
Fortitude - ****
Integrity - *****
Occult - **
Survival - ****

Birthrights:

The Beads around his neck are his birthright, although he does not need to be holding them to be able to use his powers. He was also gifted a wooden staff for protection.

Divine Purviews:

Samsura Boons:

Pratyave

Bhava

Avidya

Maya

Samsarana

Moksha

During his stay at the monastery one of the staple foods he had was Sha Phaley, bread stuffed with seasoned beef and cabbage, which is then fashioned into semi-circular or circular shapes and which according to regional variations is either deep fried or pan fried like pot stickers. It is a simple food but a delicacy he looked forward to having.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't read huge parts of this CS. And I'm pretty sure we've got the rule of only 3 boons per purview. I'm stuck halfway between applauding you seeking out different boons and not allowing it because I wanted to give everyone the same options.

Oops, sorry about that. I just changed it to be more visible, didn't realize it blended in lol.

However moving onto the topic of the boons, I have a few things I do wish to point out. The first thing being that only one other person has used boons outside of the entry list that was provided for us, that's 1/11 characters currently within the rp (not including this one). This means that hardly anyone is deciding to use the other purview not listed ( I don't mean this in an negative way,  its just an observation). The second thing I would like to point out, which goes hand in hand with the first point, is that this is a pantheon specific boon. Meaning that unlike the other boons in where anyone can use any boon from the purview's (within reasoning), allowing you diversity when creating a character with nearly anything possible, someone who would want to use these boons would have to limit their character creation options if they wanted to use the specific purview's (an example would be the Itzli purview in where you would have to not only be of the Aztec pantheon but also practice blood sacrifice). With Samsara, however, it's more then just pantheon specific. Not only would you have to be from the hindu pantheon but also you would have to carry out specific meditation tasks in order to actually call upon the boons (Additionally most of Samsara's boons aren't "flashy" in comparison to the other boons. Most people prefer a bit more impact then Samsara). Meaning that you would have to do more research for a character ontop of the pantheon specific research. The combination of the small percent of people seeking to use other boons and that in order to use these boons for a character you would have to limit your options for creation insights doubt that more people will be willing to seek out these boons for a character (let alone Samsara, took me days to just figure out how to make this possible at all due to the nature of the Hindu mythology).  The final thing I would like to point out, now that it's readable (I hope lol) is Ser's background. Due to the nature of his background it would make little sense for him to learn of any other boons out there. The only one he could possible learn are the Taiyi boons, but those are also pantheon locked so it would have to change his character drastically. 

Also a side note I do want to point is that we already have a multitude of crossing over with boons and characters, a multitude of other characters already share boons (such as Zeke and Lali with Death sense,  Aldwin and Katy with Shadow Step and craft, etc.. etc...). I fail to see how having a character with locked pantheon boons would prevent others from choosing the same path (if they so choose to, which again I highly doubt anyone else will).

However if you still feel like him having so many boons from the same Purview is a problem then I will respect your decision, retract Ser, and try to revise to better suite your decision, if such a task is possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oops, sorry about that. I just changed it to be more visible, didn't realize it blended in lol.

No problem.

However moving onto the topic of the boons, I have a few things I do wish to point out. The first thing being that only one other person has used boons outside of the entry list that was provided for us, that's 1/11 characters currently within the rp (not including this one). This means that hardly anyone is deciding to use the other purview not listed ( I don't mean this in an negative way,  its just an observation). The second thing I would like to point out, which goes hand in hand with the first point, is that this is a pantheon specific boon. Meaning that unlike the other boons in where anyone can use any boon from the purview's (within reasoning), allowing you diversity when creating a character with nearly anything possible, someone who would want to use these boons would have to limit their character creation options if they wanted to use the specific purview's (an example would be the Itzli purview in where you would have to not only be of the Aztec pantheon but also practice blood sacrifice). With Samsara, however, it's more then just pantheon specific. Not only would you have to be from the hindu pantheon but also you would have to carry out specific meditation tasks in order to actually call upon the boons (Additionally most of Samsara's boons aren't "flashy" in comparison to the other boons. Most people prefer a bit more impact then Samsara). Meaning that you would have to do more research for a character ontop of the pantheon specific research. The combination of the small percent of people seeking to use other boons and that in order to use these boons for a character you would have to limit your options for creation insights doubt that more people will be willing to seek out these boons for a character (let alone Samsara, took me days to just figure out how to make this possible at all due to the nature of the Hindu mythology).  The final thing I would like to point out, now that it's readable (I hope lol) is Ser's background. Due to the nature of his background it would make little sense for him to learn of any other boons out there. The only one he could possible learn are the Taiyi boons, but those are also pantheon locked so it would have to change his character drastically.

I'm only really half-understanding what point you're trying to make, and I'm kinda missing some of the sentences. I did say I was stuck halfway between reacting positively and reacting negatively. And Ana supports this, so 1 1/2 beats 1/2, so sure.

Also a side note I do want to point is that we already have a multitude of crossing over with boons and characters, a multitude of other characters already share boons (such as Zeke and Lali with Death sense,  Aldwin and Katy with Shadow Step and craft, etc.. etc...). I fail to see how having a character with locked pantheon boons would prevent others from choosing the same path (if they so choose to, which again I highly doubt anyone else will).

Also only half-understanding your point with this. However, I'd like to point out that Jack has death senses, too.

However if you still feel like him having so many boons from the same Purview is a problem then I will respect your decision, retract Ser, and try to revise to better suite your decision, if such a task is possible.

Should be okay. I'll let Ana accept or deny this, although I already know it'll be accepted. I'll read through it properly myself a bit later, I'm kind of juggling multiple things at once ATM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back