• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Separating HTML-styled boxes(ish)?

Entarriance

Lamp Lord
hi im like new to this html thing

so like hold on uh

oh this looks dandy so like, i want this thing right here to be an individual box 

and this thing right here

and this thing right here to be an individual box you know

except this thing right here

i want to be, like, separate boxes that are right next to each other instead of, well, one being within the other

this is literally the only thing im capable of html wise so does anyone know how to do that? I'm a scrub.

You need to use your closing <div> tags to separate each of the boxes from one another.  Otherwise, they'll continue to incept.

Indeed. So when you close one <div> that is one box. Then begin the next box with the next <div>. Otherwise you are still within the confines of the first box and thus no matter how you try and swing it, you will not be able to create separate boxes.

Oh look, a box!

And here is the second box!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ohhhh~ this just helped me realise what I was doing wrong with one of the post layouts I was trying out X D

I was doing the opposite, I closed the box, yet I wanted stuff to be inside it hahaha!

So silly~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back