• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Self-Insert Danganronpa RP?

Kittymonk

The Crazy Cat Lady™
Just as a fair warning, this discussion may include some spoilers, so spoiler warning if you haven't played the games. I'm not going to throw out any specifics about killers or victims if I don't have to, but I can't guarantee your safety.

Hey all! I hardly ever use this site (and I haven't used it in a long time on top of that) but I wanted to see if anyone here would be interested in a Danganronpa RP where, like the title suggests, every OC is based on its author. So like, the talent would be based on one of your talents/hobbies/interests but embellished to fit the 'Ultimate' title, the OC's weaknesses would be your own, you would act like you would if you were really there, et cetera. I feel like that would put a lot more meaning behind every decision you make because by that point it's not just a character that you're looking out for, it's you. You'd have to put a lot of thought into every character interaction to ensure that you don't land on anyone's murder side and the choice of whether to murder or not would be given a lot more weight if you imagine that it's your life on the line if you go through with it (and the knowledge that you killed someone who's more 'real' than a fictional character in a video game probably wouldn't feel too great on your conscience, either). In theory, every decision would determine whether you get killed off or not. There won't be one over-zealous young lad/lass who steps up to be the flagbearer of hope and defeats the mastermind in the end because in theory everyone will be 'the protagonist', and you can't guarantee that any 'important characters' will live until the end since, like I said, it's not scripted. We'd probably also go by V3's rule of 'kill until only two people are left' so that the mastermind wouldn't have to make up some elaborate backstory/motive in 'Chapter 6' and there's a little more pressure to kill because nobody has Plot Armor. That also means that we'd have fifteen/sixteen students so that class trials can go a bit smoother and so that we won't be here forever while we wait for everyone to get killed off.

And yes, I think it would only be fair if the culprits had a chance of winning the game, so bear in mind that this may last anywhere from fourteen chapters to one chapter depending on how sharp our mystery solving skills are (and how good the culprit's mystery concocting skills are), which means that we'll have to be relatively active for what could end up being a long time. That may require us to put in place a thing that makes the crime a little easier since there won't always be a clear-set way to find the truth (maybe all of the crimes have to have some reference to the culprit's talent? Or the culprit has to give us two truths and a lie about their identity somehow?) but since a culprit victory is actually feasible here and such a win condition would result in the deaths of every other character, I think it would only be fair.

Of course then the issue of a mastermind comes up, someone who could describe the setting (which should probably just be one of the canon settings if we want to keep things simple), head the class trials, describe what's found in the investigations, and be Monokuma, but the only problem is that I wouldn't be able to do that. The person who holds that role would have to have quite a bit of free time on their hands during the investigations since they'd have to describe everything that the players find, and because my schedule can be quite busy sometimes, it would be nearly impossible for me to achieve. I thought that maybe the victim of each crime could describe the crime scene when they're murdered and play as Monokuma during the trial, but that still wouldn't fill the need for Monokuma appearances throughout the segments in which nobody has died yet (and I mean, somebody's got to think of all of the motives). But in theory I could do that, so?? This is still very much in a 'rough alpha' stage, so if anyone who's interested could throw out some ideas that we can mull over together, that would be great. I know this was a little long, but I wanted to put all of my ideas out there so that you can really decide whether you'd be interested or not.

I'd be interested in playing the Mastermind and Monokuma. Given the extra work though I'd ask if I can play the Mastermind 'section' of someone else's character who is the Mastermind.

I'm entirely willing to write out the clues, crime scenes, Monokuma dialogue, executions, etc.

This sounds super interesting! As a huge fan of Danganronpa, it'd be hard for me to pass this up! ^^ I would love to join!

Well, I could never say no to an intriguing RP prospect, especially if its related to Danganronpa. I'd say you can count me in!

As a huge Danganronpa fan, this seems interesting. I'm interested in joining.

Interested. Also, can I do a insert of a family member? Would love to do a version of my brother but I can do myself if no.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back