• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Ensthi

Eldritch Drunken Deity
A buzz filled the usually quiet morning. The cool crisp in the tense air had not fully left Hanzō as he punched the jarring alarm cry, the bright LED neon red lights flickering the time as 4:30 am, but the moment he pulled past the soft white satin sheets his tired deep red eyes met with the soft vision of his elderly butler who looked well into his nineties, Chihiro, who looked more visibly concerned than usual.

The dim dawn light had barely settled in, leaving the room in a looming heavy darkness, an impressionable weight of hanging clouds solidified that usually comforting dark.

“What?” Hanzō’s voice cut through the tension like a blade, keeping it short and to the point in his annoyance at his waking process being disturbed.

“Master, by any chance, did you set up any new games without my assistance?” Chihiro pressed, his hand gesturing towards the huge mounted platinum TV at the end of the bedside.

It flickered on by the preset motion sensor, the news flickering on and beaming the room in a brilliant silver light. Hanzō flinched as he had to adjust to the sudden light that illuminated over the golden oak master bed and streamed over the textured dark wooden floor and glimmered over his blue cotton nightshirt.

The famous media icon, Naru, popped into sight, the high-tech LED screen on a Live broadcast, wearing his usual black and white braided wig and a black shirt with his logo “Naru News" painted in thick bold white. He looked at the camera through his circular spectacles, his blue and yellow eyes twinkling as chaos unfolded past him.

Behind him was a mall set ablaze, once a glorious architecture, now in burning ruins as a thick black smoke poured out from the inferno. An army of cops and fighter fires surrounded the area as a crowd of people watched from afar.

They were still fighting to quell the flames as the last of the survivors had been brought out of the building into the chaotic scene.

“This is Naru-chan, reporting live from the scene of a mall owned by Advent, otherwise known as the smaller flagship of Magi-Tech.

The city woke up to a true terror today as witnesses report a civilian who targeted the mall and held over sixty hostages in the mall and unexpectedly pressed the self-destruct button, causing well over forty losses and the rest are severely injured.

Unfortunately, no one has made it out of this explosive terror attack without possible scars or worse.

This scene is a grisly reminder of the Subway Terrorist, and now on the decade anniversary the city mall stands as no more than a corpse after being attacked late last night. Police are now confirming ties that this attack as yet another assault launched by the infamous and faceless Kamikaze Killer.

Those familiar with the Kamikaze Killer will remember the Subway Terrorist, Aimi Ishikawa, who attacked that killed over fifty people and injured several more, as well as Icebreaker Johnathan Bramwell who destroyed a high max security prison and launched a prison break that killed several security guards and prisoners alike, and then the High-risk Hacker EVE, also known as the Evasive Virus Expert, who broke into a government lab and stole important files as well as killing fifteen special operation guards, all three terrorists committing suicide to achieve their mission. For these three terrorist crimes and their actions, the police have gathered a link and the media coined the unknown leader as the Kamikaze Killer. Stay tuned as we interview the survivors and more, coming soon.”

The TV clicked to mute as Hanzō soft pale hand motioned to the monitor. He let out an exasperated sigh as he pulled back his wildly tossed black hair, still sticking up from his late night nap.

“As if I would do something so meaningless,” Hanzō’s sharp gaze went from the TV to Chihiro, clearly annoyed, “Especially not to my own company, not unless I needed to sacrifice a pawn. Now the police are going to want to interview me.” He grumbled, it was much closer than he ever wanted to be with the police.

“Are the police force really so incompetent that they would link this to the Kamikaze Killer?” He brooded, “The real killer only goes after symbols of society that deny equality, not a place where all people alike can gather.”

“But sir,” Chihiro intercepted, “Surely it is that same blind incompetence that keeps the truth from being discovered.”

Hanzō pouted a bit to himself and motioned for the lights, he hated that Chihiro was right. Sometimes it made things so boring when the cops did not even try to find the real killer, after all.

Keeping a pretense as a supporter of the police force was easy, but they were guaranteed to send him a call at any moment now concerning his mall being in ruins. Sure enough, a moment later his business line started to ring.

He brushed off the bed in a rush, heading to retrieve the phone, looking more grumpy than usual at having predicted correctly. While the world sat in horror at the sight of a new tragedy, Hanzō only saw the mess of politics he would now have to deal with as the CEO of Magi-Tech and owner of their outlet companies, all façades burying the truth of what he was underneath those meaningless titles.

“Chihiro, get the team together and ready in ten minutes. Make sure they have my public statement ready in five. Today will be busier than hell’s gates.”

Officer Hana Ono stood blank faced and half awake after a 2am call from her department about a fire and possible terrorist attack, the smoke still burning her eyes and filling her ginger red hair with the smell of smoke. She knew that the emitting odor of brick and mortar was sure to forever stain into her bright blue cadet police uniform.

She had been working the scene with her team member, Dimitri, for the past 6 hours, helping pull any evidence from the husk of what had once been a grand five-story mall. The golden shell was split in half by a battery explosion operated by a civilian. They had pushed past a ton worth of rumble just to find the body of the attacker, but their body and face was too destroyed to even try to identify, completely splattered by the explosion and destructive result.

The battery acid had caught fire and burned through and ruined pretty much any useful clues, but the team of cops still hunted away as a quadruple sweep of the area in just this hour, Hana had lost count of how many more times they had gone over the same rubble yet again in the previous five.

“Fuck,” Dimitri, an officer in the darker navy blue outfit of a more experienced officer, cursed, “At this rate it will never end. How long do I have to stare at this same damned person goo?”

It really did seem like it would never end, and she wanted to weep just thinking of all the damn paper reports she would have to work explaining the same note of how the attacker was more putty than a body, completely pounded out in several spots where chunks of dead human lay in tatters. The sight reminded her of ground meat, if you took a landslide to it.

Once the higher-ups finally decided to clear the area so the clean up crew could finish up the rest, her whole body felt numb from bending over for so long. She headed back to the office, Dimitri mumbling curses under his breath with the same sorts of complaints she had thought to herself.

After an hour at her police desk, she finally got through the first stack and headed to the lunchroom to collect her sanity and get some coffee before diving back into the fourteen hour shift still ahead of her.

She noticed a few of her coworkers buzzing in the break room as they looked at the overhanging lunchroom TV.

In the TV in the front steps of Magi-Tech’s primary 500 story glass building stood the Hanzō Kanzaki, the young and very attractive CEO of Magi-Tech, surrounded by media at all sides and standing at the top pristine step to look down at them all, waving to make the flood of questions cut to silence so he could speak.

Hana gasped and rushed to grab Dimitri, “That hot CEO I was talking about is on the TV.”

Dimitri, who was just as visibly exhausted as Hana, groaned, “Hana, I don’t have time for your shitty celebrity crushes,” He complained but followed in right after her anyways.

“Hey, isn’t that Mr. Kanzaki? I think he is coming here later to speak with the chief.” One of the employees whispered excitedly.

“Oh, I am totally going to sneak around and see if I can catch a glimpse. I heard he’s even hotter in person.” Another giggled.

The volume clipped higher as the staff all gathered to admire Hanzō in his threaded expensive black suit as he readied his statement to the press. Three people in luxurious black suits stood a step below Hanzō, guarding him. Franziska, a white-haired woman, stood guarding his left, Noah, tanned and dark, stood vigilant at the right, while Chihiro stood off further right.

Hanzō looked at the vibrant hoard of cameras, an array of vultures all at his feet waiting for him to speak. He put on a sympathetic face, looking grave and serious as he regarded the onlookers and reporters.

“I just want to say how terribly saddened I am by this morning’s terrorist attack upon my company. My heart goes out to all the families out there who have lost someone to this attack. I want to take this chance to encourage everyone to stay vigilant and safe. My company has always taken extra measures to ensure that civilians do not have to cower to criminals. This unforeseeable event will never happen again, and I have sent a donation to all those who are struggling to survive in the hospital right now. As for the Kamikaze Killer, I can only say this to however they may be; Turn yourself in and stop hurting these innocent people. What you are doing is wrong, and anyway I can help, I will ensure that the police get you for what you have done.”

His eyes met straight with the cameras, leaving one final word for that only this terrible copycat of his would understand, a politician’s smile on his face.

“I will make sure that you not only pay for the crime of today, I will ensure that this psychopath pays for all the atrocities that the Kamikaze Killer has ever committed.”

Hanzō Kanzaki, the true Kamikaze Killer, felt satisfied now that he had moved his invisible pawn. A new game was in play in this damned Self-Destructive City.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back