• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Seeking someone to GM a 1x1 RP! (Kingdom Hearts, Batman, Warhammer 40k, Dragon Ball)

Venom Adhamm

No one is ever going to want me
Hey there, I'm currently looking for someone to GM a one-on-one RP. I have an idea in mind for each of the fandoms I've listed, but I'm open to whatever suggestions you may have.

I want you to be the GM. That means you would control the world, NPCs, events, and the outcome of my actions, while I simply control my character.

If any of the ideas below strike your interest, please shoot me a message.

Do note, all the ideas below are just that: ideas. If you've got a different idea for one of the fandoms I'm looking for, I'm always ready to hear it.

Kingdom Hearts

My idea for this RP is to play as an amnesiac Keyblade-wielding Nobody. He cannot remember anything at all, not his past when he was a whole person, nor the reason he became a Nobody in the first place. His only clue is the fact that he has two Keyblades, one of which he can feel isn't his. The RP would be his journey as he tries to regain his heart and his memories. It could take place either during, before, or after the games, or even take place in an alternate timeline/universe.

There could, of course, also be a central villain of the story. Perhaps the villain (or maybe even a group of villains) had some role in my character becoming a Nobody, and through conflict with them, my character comes closer and closer to finding the truth.

Batman

This is kinda based on a prompt I saw on another site that died awhile back and I never actually got to getting it started up. It's an alternate universe in which the Batman I play as is someone other than Bruce Wayne. We could go a lot of different routes with this. Maybe he's a copycat simply taking on the mantle of the Bat without any kind of permission. Or perhaps he's the chosen heir to that legacy, picked to carry on where the last Batman left off. He could just be a Batman in a different nation or time-period too. There's a lot of possibilities I think we could choose from here, and of course a lot to discuss when it comes to what it means to actually be the Batman.

Warhammer 40K

I guess I'll start by saying that I've only recently started getting into Warhammer 40k (after picking up a couple games during a Steam sale), but I've always been super interested in the universe and I'm more than happy to do some reading up on the wiki whenever needed.

I wanted to do something a little different with this RP, and make it more of a kinda character study? My character would be a native of Chogoris, having ridden with one of its nomadic horse tribes for most of his life. At some point either before the RP or near the beginning of it, he'd have a falling-out with his tribe over a dispute with its leader, resulting in him striking out on his own, a tribeless among tribals. Without protection from any tribe, he becomes easy pickings for both wildlife and Mankind, and he's forced to rapidly become stronger and more cunning than those that seek to hunt him.

Years later, still surviving on his own, he becomes something of a minor legend among the tribes of Chogoris, a dangerous nomad that is his own one-man-tribe. The White Scars chapter of the Space Marines take notice of this, and he finally meets a predator he cannot hope to defeat. He is taken by the White Scars as a Neophyte and is eventually made into one of them.

From there, we could really go anywhere with the story, exploring his transition into a full Space Marine in whatever way you like. I definitely do want to have some kind of focus on the human aspect of it too though, maybe with my character struggling with his own humanity and identity after what he's been forced to become. A more introspective kind of story in the 40k universe is what I'm hoping for essentially, but still with plenty of grimdark and endless war.

Though, if you aren't a fan of White Scars, I think the Space Wolves are pretty cool too and I'd love to do a story about them as well.

Dragon Ball

In the far-future of the main series (or in an alternate universe), the dragon balls become closely guarded to prevent anyone unworthy from making wishes. Each of the dragon balls is held by a Keeper. Every ten years, the Keepers set up a world-spanning event, where everyone is invited to participate. All participants gather at one place, at which point the locations of all seven Keepers is revealed to them. From then on, it's a race to not only reach the various Keepers, but to pass their tests in order to obtain their dragon balls. Once all the dragon balls are taken from their Keepers, the location of a hidden shrine is revealed to everyone who has at least one of the dragon balls. The dragon balls only work when gathered together at this shrine, drawing all the holders to one spot for a final battle.

I think this idea would be great in terms of character development. All characters would be working towards the goal of having their one wish granted while on a long journey, giving them plenty of time to develop. I'm thinking that before the race begins, some time can be spent showing the main characters training for it. Maybe they're training together, or maybe they're miles apart and only meet for the first time at the starting point of the race.

One alternative that I really like is instead of having it be a race, make it something more akin to a pilgrimage. People must still pass the tests of the Keepers, but they do it at their own pace, and whenever they feel ready. You're not allowed to take the Dragon Balls until you pass all the tests, and not everyone will be going after them at the same time. It'll give everything a bit of a slower pace, and allow for more time to be spent on character development and maybe a bit of slice-of-life stuff.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back