• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Seeking Small Group

Turns out that the place I downloaded the Savage Worlds pdf from no longer has it, but they do have Shadowrun as well as a lot of other pdfs.

I promise I have not forgotten about this! I've just had to work extra hours the last couple days, so I only had a few moments to hop online on my phone. ๐Ÿ˜… I'll try to work on it tonight once I'm home

Morrighan Morrighan hi! Thanks for your interest. ๐Ÿ˜ŠI think we are pretty much filled, unless Clairikins Clairikins still planned on just playing npcs. I'm capping it at five main characters.

In summary of what we have planned:
A fantasy country (to be named) is cut off at the edge of a continent with one long stretch of coastline filled with beautiful reefs, dangerous giants, and source of the country most powerful poisons. Technology is most developed and in use by the most populous race, an elfen sort of people (to be named). The mountains are home to their shadow plane hopping cousins(East Indian/Asian based), and the desert claimed by their more reptilians shapeshifter distant relatives. Higher still roosts the Aitria, a winged humanoid race, while the oceans are secured by the powerful aquatic kingdom of the Luveine. Five characters are brought together for some big country/world saving goal, pulled together before they know about their destiny. Each character will go through their own arc, starting with the shadow hopping mountain elf people. A character from that tribe ( alpestris alpestris ), a mage, made a mistake and a rogue character ended up stealing an sacred items from some sacred ruins, activating a curse that affects the other three main characters who all had their own reasons for being near the tribe. Somehow the characters will continue to be pushed together after leaving the mountain tribe.

Once we fill in the blanks, I will start up an OOC and character page.

Still to be decided:
  • Name for roleplay
  • Name of country and rest of races, and the rest of the lore
  • The main plot (whatever/however they are going to impact or save their world)
  • Stat system?
  • Are we still wanting to include the tribal war somehow into the beginning of the plot, or should we save that for future drama?
  • how all our characters are present at time of curse/why they stay together
  • Determine sacred item/curse
  • Should they learn about the curse early on or later?

I vote we call the continent Kliofela *Drops mic*
Also, can we put this in the ooc thread, sorry, it'll just allow me to see this on my phone instead of only my pc.

Also, I'm just a lil confused, I thought the rogue was starting the rp by stealing something at then the characters go and figure all of that out?

@FirstRose

We had talked about how one character from the tribe would have something to do with how the rogue stole it, and to help stop the curse he had to accept banishment from the tribe. That's one motive for why he would have reason to group up with the other characters.

And I will! I just needed a name so I can title the thread. I figured that would be based off what we want the main conflict to be.

I have an idea about the curse-

It was always "folklore" to all of the tribes, passed down by word of mouth. The curse, maybe a plague (ironic considering current events) is released when a sacred object is stolen, as the sacred object acts as a placeholder for the curse, locking it away.
The curse was something the children sang nursery rhymes about, the parents made jokes about, no one took it seriously... until it was unleashed

@FirstRose

We had talked about how one character from the tribe would have something to do with how the rogue stole it, and to help stop the curse he had to accept banishment from the tribe. That's one motive for why he would have reason to group up with the other characters.

And I will! I just needed a name so I can title the thread. I figured that would be based off what we want the main conflict to be.
Ah ok sweet, sounds gucci.

OOoh, that's a sweet idea, then in the anger, a few tribes blame the tribe to which the rogue had come from, by that tribe allies with others, causing the feud threaten warfare.
Or maybe the curse releases a hole somewhere in the continent, and monsters began to walk the plane, wreaking havoc wherever they prowl. Then, the characters have to ally and not only find this whole, but the monsters as well and kill em.

Like a portal! Comes in handy for the shadow jumpers, probably! Or they have a leg up on the beasts, if only slightly.

"When the Dust Returns"
Idea: the artifact was acting as a gate to the world of monsters, so taking it starts to open a portal right there. It opens slowly over time, but once the artifact is taken, an old and mostly unknown spell is needed to close the gap before the artifact can be put back in again- not to mention that the smarter monsters want to take the artifact to make sure it can't be used to seal them away.
As for why the party teams up: they all happened to be exploring the place at the time, and after the rogue steals the artifact, small monsters come out and swarm the place, leading to all 5 of them having to work together just to escape. If they don't act fast, the whole world could be in danger.

I like where this idea is going! I was thinking, what if there is five portals located around the land, connected by a spell. When one artifact is removed, the bonds of the spell are broken. The five main characters each have an attribute or unique ability that makes them essential to closing one of the portals. They must close and re-spell the artifacts to reconnect them and their binding power over the portals. This could be the reason for they're brought together by fate.

First Rose First Rose Did you like Kliofela for the country, or the entire continent it's a part of?

Clairikins Clairikins That title is perfect!

I will make the OOC thread tomorrow. Have to be up early again for work, so sleep is calling.

That's DOPE!! I dig it, I dig it.

uuuuhh, good question, how y'all think about Kliofela as the country name?

Omg wait I totally misunderstood! Yeah thatโ€™s what I thought- my character is the one who takes the blame right?? Sorry sorry

Hey guys, sorry I've been incommunicado for a while; had a buuunch of stuff I needed to get done over the past few days. Okay, good news is I've been able to return to researching, and stumbled across a pretty simple framework: Using Dice to Enhance RP - Help - RP Repository and following that, Creating a Simple Dice System for your RP/Group - Help - RP Repository. A lot of this seems to be emulating a d20/d&d system, but at least they mention how to keep stuff simple. The big trick will be to deal with the skill list; if you'd like I can work on paring down/adding unique skills as per this roleplay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back