• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Seeking Small Group

Nice refs~ I'm all aboard for moving this over to discord to make things easier to follow! And I have a lot of DnD experience, but it's more fun to try something new once in a while~

I've finally arrived at my desk. :deadopenmouth:

Admittedly, I've never used discord. I can look into it, but I think I would prefer to stay on site. I'll give it a looksy, though!

Clairikins Clairikins
I suppose in a way it's like having many DMs (dungeon masters, right?). But it's less of leading the story, and more of letting the story flow with some basic plot points decided to guide us. However, if you'd like to help out with npcs, that would be great! I was kind of expecting to do that part, and it would be nice to have an extra writer for that. :closed eyes open smile:

Oh yea, I'm good at making extra characters here and there for extra flavour. I was kinda figuring that this would be like a RPG with a lot of a lot more to the RP element, since people were talking about stats and what system to use.

How many of you prefer discord? For the looks of it, I'd prefer to stay on forums, but if everyone else likes it I can give it a shot.

Clairikins Clairikins We kind of mashed together a bunch of different media that inspired us, and DnD was one of those. I think we decided to go with a system just specifically for action scenes.

On that note! I definitely agree that we should find a free one, unless I misunderstood what the page was saying?

Admittedly, I've never used discord. I can look into it, but I think I would prefer to stay on site. I'll give it a looksy, though!
No worries, I'm just familiar with the different kinds of dice bots there. As I use at least 5 for a bunch of diff rps.
Like one rp on here, when we go into combat we'll go to disc and roll what we call a "performance Roll" in which we've set our own custom modifiers and whatnot. It honestly doesn't define much of the fight, but they do level out the playing field a bit cause all of our chars are so different.

I mean...I'm legit cool with going to google and just typing dice, screenshot what google dice gives you, and then we perhaps add our own modifiers since this universe is of our own design.

I am down for literally whatever. I ave my Discord up and ready whenever is needed. I am also FIIINALLY at my computer (I have been struggling on my phone up until this point) so I can do much higher quality writing and such.

Would it be too simple to do a weighted random sampling? As an example:

Character A attacks, their agility/accuracy is 2. Out of ten, they get a 2, multiplied by the weight of the 2 for agility. They have a 4.
Character B has defense/magical defense of 3, and they randomly get a 4, multiplied by defense of 3 to get 12, therefore the land doesn't hit.

If the attack does hit, we can follow the same process but by multiplying strength points to determine how strong the attack was.
And if it doesn't hit, character B has the potential to land a counterattack of some kind by using their agility skill, compared against Character A's defense, or choose to not counterattack at all and end the fight.

I hope that made sense. We could use dice for this as well, but I just figured plain numbers are basically the same.

Hmm, you should be able to download the two FATE pdfs without paying anything; there's links somewhat towards the top. But regardless, if you guys want something simpler that's fine as well.

mhmm, i thought it said that because it wasn't an official download.
maybe I read it wrong.

Ye, i downloaded it the first time, but like, it gave me some wonky message. I thought it was cuz you'd only pay for the real version if you like the unofficial.....
Though me reading it, it may just be saying-...hey if u like our product give us money. So essentially free Xd

Yeah, they literally say on the store page "here, download this for free, and then give us what you think you should"

What if the mountainous region reflects East Indian/ Asian culture a little bit? Spiritual and very in touch with the earth.

Sorry guys, I ended up getting pulled away for a while, so I'm going to get the new thread tomorrow.

alpestris alpestris Sounds good to me!

Unfortunately I haven't had luck with the download, but I will try a couple things to fix it tomorrow.

**Edit
PixelSymphony PixelSymphony So, I got it to download and perused it. I've got to say, it's a little more complex than I had in mind. I'm sorry, I really didn't know DnD's system covered all of that, so I'm afraid I misunderstood what kind of point system you were looking for.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back