• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Seeking Small Group

1605249649987.png
Then I believed someone wanted a sort of sky-race. Behold the Aasimar.(As called in DnD)
Mayhaps they have their own city within the clouds? Though they depend a lot on trade because-...they're in the clouds, not much resources up there.

Oh love love LOVE bird people.

They have close ties with Coastal, due to trade. Costal has the added bonus of having lush greenery and vegetation due to their near perfect climate. Central City is not as close with them, although the king tries to recruit their warriors often. Their speed and agility is enviable!

Hmmm...I think for shapeshifting, maybe the other races see it as that, but its mostly just the desert peeps knowing how to quickly promote growth of their scales/claws, which makes them appear more reptilian/animalistic, and then they can shed it. Thoughts? I'm trying to combine a scientific approach to shapeshifting. ๐Ÿคฃ

I also love that art. ๐Ÿ˜

PixelSymphony PixelSymphony No worries! I just want to make sure no one gets left behind. Thanks for your hard work. ๐Ÿ˜Š

I'm so bad, and its waaaaay past my bedtime! But I'm loving all of this, seriously! If you all want to keep chatting, feel free. I'll check back in tomorrow and read through anything I missed!

It was so lovely getting to meet you all, and I'm very excited for our project! With that being said, have a good night. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Lol I gotchu. ThoughI would like some more magical aspects going toward the races. Or perhaps every individual has a special mystic aspect of their own. Which brings up the concept of magic and how that works.

I have so much art just, sitting, in random folders on pinterest. Lol.

Likewise! It was a sure pleasure! A good night to yuh Ghost!

Likewise. These ideas going around got me pumped.
Though I ain't going to bed yet, hwk go brr.
I will get some more refs of diff races and land pics though.
yall sleep well!

PixelSymphony PixelSymphony I say free means it's a winner! ๐Ÿ˜‚

alpestris alpestris ooh, do tell!

First Rose First Rose For magic, we could do some fae creatures, preferably npcs. For the desert race, what if we gave them the ability of camouflage? I think shapeshifting is fine with limits.

On that note, what do you all think of having mages to add a magical proponent? They could be unique to the rest of their race because they have more access to and control of magic than, say, the mountain elves.

Clairikins Clairikins why thank you! Welcome to our party. ;D Are you considering joining? I think we could squeeze in a fifth character if everyone else is fine with it.

I have a male mountain-y elf who is magical and nerdy and would fit great.

Is Magic something freely distributed among different races? Or are we wanting that idea of mages having more access to it; Are mages a humanoid race? Or can there be mage elves etc?

Ooh, do you want to have him be the banished elf for the first arc?

Personally I like the idea of magic only being truly free to mages, and they can be from any race. They would just have a calling for it. And magic can also be found in other creatures/spirits, but they aren't necessarily playable races.

Absolutely! That would be so perfect for his character. He has prophetic dreams sometimes, but limited magic. Would that fit in well you think?

Luveine sounds good. Aitria for bird people?

I don't know how to do the mention thing, but I would be totally down to be a fairy!

I haven't read through all of the pages, so do we have a way for our characters to meet? Maybe we all got summoned by a mage by happenstance?

alpestris alpestris Yes, I think he would be perfect! I kind of saw the banishment as something he chose, like a sacrifice to fix the curse. But if you have another idea for him, I'm all ears!

Aitria sounds lovely!

Clairikins Clairikins That's okay! I don't think we will be making fairies a playable race, but if you're okay playing one of our races I don't mind summarizing where we are so far!

He is very serious and scholarly, so that would make the most sense. Comes from a big family so he understands the importance of sacrifice for others. Not so much a loner, but willing to take on that role if it helps others.

Remind me- banishment to help overturn the curse. Have we decided what kind of curse this is?

PixelSymphony PixelSymphony I say free means it's a winner! ๐Ÿ˜‚

Free is certainly helpful, but there's more than one free system; I want to make sure that this one, rules light as it is, still isn't going to bog things down, so I'm looking at FATE Accelerated Edition as well, which is free/pay-what-you-wish (I think FATE core is also this but again, I need to research further and see if anything has a particular advantage). Btw FATE can be found here: The New Era of Fate Is Here (sticky post)

Post-FATE Accelerated edit: Okay, so I like FATE Accelerated as well, so to a certain extent it comes down to this: if we want a system that is closer to traditional D&D style (Defined stats, proficiency categories, spells, equipment lists), then Adventurers! would probably fit the bill; if we want a more Storyteller style system (less math/dice, more freeform descriptions, direct utilization of story details to affect rolls), Fate Accelerated might be the way to go.

What do ya'll think?

(Oh I forgot, there _is_ also the original FATE Core but admittedly the rulebook for that's a bit heftier; dice rolls should work roughly the same though, it's just a more detailed take on storyteller style stuff.)

Last edited:
Just a heads up, Rose is having trouble viewing this thread for a reason I cannot figure out, but it's okay because I will be making an OOC thread for us to move to when I get home tonight. I will also sort through and summarize all the details we have so far.

alpestris alpestris he sounds exactly how I would have imagined that character. ๐Ÿ˜Š We do still need to decide on the curse, and some details.

PixelSymphony PixelSymphony I would go with the more storytelling friendly one, so Fate Accelerated. Once I'm at my PC I will read up on that one. ๐Ÿ˜Š

PaperGhosts PaperGhosts okay, sounds good. If you've got the time, I'd also say take a look through FATE Core (the original version) just for comparison, and in case the increased level of detail would make things work better.

Sounds good! I already love him. (I have an unhealthy attachment to my characters LOL)

I will need to read up on โ€œFate Acceleratedโ€ because admittedly I am not familiar with that sort of thing. I am excited to learn though!

Well, I may not be talking in here as much as everyone else, but it still all sounds like fun.
I'm guessing that we're going to go with a "everyone more or less DMs together" sort of a style (just throwing it out there, but I could also play the role of a DM in playing as NPCs and the like if you all wish, just to keep things a little under control).

I have not heard of most of these systems, and I would be looking them up... just as soon as we all decide on one! โ™กโ™กโ™ก

Finally found a ref for my angsty lil shapeshifter rogue, *inhale* So Excited. She's gonna be a riot lol.

Also, I stole my pc back, so I don't have to use my buggy phone.

PixelSymphony PixelSymphony I like what you found, and I could go either way, as I'm already familiar with the traditional DnD System. Though I'm not exactly onboard with paying for a download. Especially when free versions are within reach. Hmmm, what if we went to discord? They have hundreds of dice bots on there that are feasible and easy to use. Not to mention, at least dozens are made a day by regular discord users. Though I'm only suggesting.

73 Best Medieval Homebrew Campaign images in 2020 (Some Refs I found yesterday and today)

Also, what's up Clairikins Clairikins Welcome to the gang!

And yeah, love the names for the diff races, I think they work out great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back