• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Seeking Small Group

So, forgive me if I'm wrong, but the dice system is basically probability with weighted variables depending on character stats, correct?

Happy to help with cultures!

I have me a handsome knight-type guy who I think would fit in well with a “higher class.” The fancypantses. Once they are determined.

Geographical location will definitely help determine cultures and systems within the culture.
For example, mountain tribe _______ is mainly mining. Communal society. Smaller, not as educated, but the nicest people around. Always welcome travelers in.

generally, yeah; for 5th ed dnd, it's usually a dice roll plus some modifier depending on your skills and whatnot, and then compared against a set value for how difficult the thing is.

Also, I looked into the genasi, and that sounds pretty neat. Perhaps the mountain tribe is an offshoot of the main race, and they are the ones with "elemental" inclinations? Perhaps they practice some rituals that give them this by dipping into other planes, such as a shadow world, or something. That way they can be a little unique to the main race.

So, basically main race is long lived elfen humanoids that rely on tech, and trade to flourish. Small mining mountain community could be elemental elfen branch of the main race?

Okay, sounds good to me for the dice system if everyone is okay with it! I'll just need an explanation of whichever system you decide to go with.

Beautiful. They’re the hippies.

Shadow world jumping could be a trait unique to them that makes them valuable. Other groups leave them be for the most part because of it?

Also, if we could have a desert-dwelling society (maybe a bustling desert city) that would be so nice. I have a soft spot for the desert.

Ayy I gotchu Al, I legit have my pintest acc filled with all kinds of dnd world refs, and different races from legit across the multiverse Lol. I can def get the races and geography underway, and get em to you to construct their cultures and traditions how yuh see fit. Though that depends on what exactly we want from our tribes.

Ok yeah I gotchu. A race that's focused on ritual and elemental magic. Scrambling notes down

The main race, in whihch lives in the central plains of the lands and are focused on trade and perhaps wealth and prosperity.

Mountain elves, smaller population but invested in natural recources of the earth.

Then of course we gotta have the darker race, mhmmm, mayhaps they hold their community in a sort of wasteland envirement, focused on battle/surving, and have a sort of mystic aspect in--...tbd, shapeshifting? Alchemy?

Now with that said, is that all the races we plan on haivng?

Yeah I'm looking up some much lighter systems than 5th ed D&D; things can draaaag on due to the nature of how its set up. FATE and FUDGE run to mind, and apparently there's a "beginniner" RPG system called Quest that's got some buzz about it.

Yeah I mean, if we're focused on plots and char developement, I doubt we need some super fancy dice system.

PixelSymphony PixelSymphony A simplified one would be great! Mainly to be used during action scenes where there is risk and success versus failure. I guess it could also be used for persuasion? I've never been good at that skill set in all my gaming. 😂

alpestris alpestris Yes! I love desert cultures. They are always crafty and full of perseverance. Plus, usually they have some fantastic fashion.

First Rose First Rose So, that would be three branches of one race? I do like the idea of having some kind of water or flying race. Just to spice things up.

No, that was like a rough idea of where the diff races would recide and what not. Though I mean they can be. Would we want to have one race be kinda spread out across the land like that?

What if the coastal region was populated by a nymph-like race of people. Matriarchal. Led by a monarch-type Queen. She looks like a lion fish. (Just throwing ideas out there! Look at me, already coming up with side characters.)
They are the main (if not only) source of fish and jewelry exports!

They are crucial to the wellbeing of other societies since they are the leaders in exported goods. If they fail, so does everyone else, in some way or another.

Oh, yes! They could be the only race that can withstand the dangers of the coastline. Perhaps the reefs on the side of the continent are swarming with colorful but deadly aquatic life. So, pretty much Australia as a great reef, and only that race can handle it. On that note, that could decide our continents geography, mostly mountainous with a run of flatlands between the ranges and the only coast line they have.

Ok, ok, I gotcha yeah. Dang, nymphs be some powerful beings too lowkey lol

Ye, it'd be cool to have a sort of sold reliability factor. Even if a tribe may disagree with another, they'd still have to coexist because it's the only way to do so.

It would make sense for the races to be spread out and for everyone to live everywhere, to an extent.

So we have:
Hippie mountain elves who can shadow jump
Coastal nymphs
Desert dwellers (elves? Dark elves?)
mainland city with elves

I’d like to think about the city people; is technology similar to LoZ?

this is probably a pretty big city. Marketplaces around every corner. Bars and taverns that stay open late into the night. Gamblers, rascals, and prostitutes that stay in certain parts of towns. Its very alive and rambunctious, but there is a strict class system. You are either working to live, or wealthy. There is a small middle class but everyone works hard to get by comfortably. (Think San Fran)
Definitely a monarchy. The palace is tightly guarded.

LIZARD PEOPLE YAAS

Mhmmmmmmm, my mind went instantly to draconians and lizard-folk. Hmmm, perhaps they can be shifters, who are basically-...elves? Apperance wise, with the ability to shift parts of their body into animalistic features. So like, they could easily put on scales at will. Or give themselves claws outta nowhere.

The harsh weather might require scales and heat resistant skin. Temperatures soar here.

This is still a large city. There are no towers because of the heat- buildings remain only two stories tall at the most- but it is sprawling. The outskirts of the town host the slums. The Big City people assume the whole Desert City is like the slums; but it only makes up a small part.

(Im just goin for dat world building, if that’s cool)

Agreed on the capital. I'm fine with technology like in BotW, or we could go a little more advanced to, say, the industrial revolution? I wouldn't want to go more advanced than that, though.

I like that concept art! Perhaps they are just darker skinned, with dark eyes, and advantageous light scale patterns. In a way, they are from the main race, but so far evolved to their climate that they just have distant ancestors in common.

PixelSymphony PixelSymphony How's everything sound to you so far?

i gotchu. Would they maintain the ability to shift through animalistic abilities? Or would they just be lizard-like.

As a history teacher, the industrial revolution will always have a place in my heart. Oh, coal.

Love that art.

Nomads, on occasion? People who travel alone or in small groups and form their own little traveling societies? (Which our group will inevitably become, ya?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back