• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Seeking Small Group

PaperGhosts

Hi there! I'm Heather, and I was hoping to perhaps find some like minded individuals who would want to do a group roleplay. I was thinking small as in three to five people, preferably leaning towards the advanced side of writing.

I'm looking for a good, possibly long term roleplay that I can stretch my writing muscles and practice story development with. I'm interested in high fantasy and a dash of romance, but passed that I would like a few people that would brainstorm with me.

A little about me, I'm 23 and have been writing and roleplaying on and off for most of my life. I usually write pretty lengthy responses if given the opportunity, bouncing off whoever I'm responding to. I work full time, manage a home(apartment...), and will be going back to school next term. I'm on EST. I can be relatively active at night, but I do often work doubles and have to be up early for said shifts; therefore, if you're cool with my irratic activity, I'd love to get to know and write with you!

Hi there! While I will forever be uncertain whether my writing can be considered advanced, I'm at least curious about which particular flavor of high fantasy you were thinking of? Also by brainstorm would that just be for the setting, or the plot as well?

Hi, thanks for your interest! Usually I think of advanced as descriptive writing with fewer grammatical errors and a basic understanding of story/character development. If you've been roleplaying or writing a while, you most likely fall into that category!

I lean towards plots like Game of Thrones style. The violence and politics is not necessary, but something similar to that vibe is up my alley. Another example, if you've heard of it, is The Legend of Zelda series. As for brainstorming, I want to create a world that every writer involved is passionate about. As for plot, I dont mind acting as the narrator or guiding hand as long as everyone agrees with the general direction the story is headed!

Ah, I see. Well, I'll admit I'm not particularly knowledgeable about Game of Thrones (and what little I've osmosed from those around me, it doesn't exactly sound up my alley), but I am quite the fan of the Legend of Zelda series: in general I prefer to lean a bit on the lighter and brighter side of game settings. Hm. Well brainstorming a world from whole cloth isn't something I've been good at, but if you've got a tentative idea in mind, I could comment on that?

Ahh, I see. I mostly like the whole medieval inspired themes, and stuff that pulls from mythology. The dragons are by far my favorite part of GoT, if that is the kind of fantasy you could be interested in. Also, it's wonderful to meet someone else that enjoys LoZ! I don't mind world building as the story evolves. What parts of the Zelda series interest you most? I just have details that interest me more than an actually prompt.

AAAYyye, I'd def be down! I love making up worlds of our creation, I usually do it in 1x1s, haven't done it in a group yet. Though the concept sounds quite appealing.
As I too am not knowledgeable of Game of Thrones, nor Legends of Zelda, I do read a novel series called Throne of Glass, if any of y'all have read into the popular work written by Sarah J. Maas. A story set in high fantasy and magic, tyrannic rule, all that classic medieval jazz.
And gotta say, I live for character development, just seeing my characters grow is my favorite part about writing.

Hmm. To be honest, it's not something I can really put my finger on, though with discussions with my roommate about the series, I guess probably the thing that interests me is it's kinda a series that takes Asian-style animism and mysticism and reflavors it with a European-style setting. I like these kind of "mix-and-match" things (probably why one of my favorite genres is Science Fantasy; lord know I seem to join enough RWBY roleplays...)

First Rose First Rose Hi, welcome! This would also be my first attempt at world building with multiple people, but I thought it would be a fun exercise. I'm not familiar with the book series, but it does sound similar to GoT! I so enjoy the magic.

PixelSymphony PixelSymphony I do like that part of the series. Feels very fresh! I'm okay with science mixed in (I'm developing a plot with mermaids that adapted differently based on environment), and I'm in the STEM field so I'm pretty happy to include it. 😊

How would you both feel about a world with a few different cultures/tribes? Such snowy mountain based civilizations and desert bound cities?

As for some other details I enjoy:
¤Forbidden love
¤People drawn together by destiny/prophecy
¤Exploration/adventure, I'm very inspired by nature and the outdoors.
¤Mystical aspects/mythology
¤Reincarnation
¤Platonic love and deeper relationship building

Oh definitely for the different cultures and tribes due to different environs; it'd actually feel weirder if everybody lived exactly the same in completely different landscapes. I'll admit I usually stick to the middle of the road grasslander/Hylians (if we want to continue the LoZ analogy), but I very much like the idea of venturing across the land and exploration of nature, of ancient ruins, of magical portals and lands and stuff like that. I also suuuuuper love finding new methods of transportation, so carts, wagons, ships, airships, mm, love them all. (I'm actually STEM as well so I suspect this may have something to do with that...)

Welp, okay, lemme list out my fav details, with a few reptitions from above

- Exploration/adventure
- Friendship and just getting to share cool moments with each other (so like sharing time at inns and taverns, or maybe having characters both learning at the edge of an airship looking at the stars together)
- Discovering secret lineages or learning that someone you once knew has so much more to them than you thought, either in history, powers, or even identity
- Exciting and dynamic combat (Hey, I DID say I liked RWBY after all)
And probably my most deepest like:
- Being able to save the day, or at least make a difference, through grit, skill, luck, and just the will to try and leave the world a little bit better off than before

Mhm mhm mhm, I gotchu. A tribal setting can easily be made into a type of war focused rp, maybe even a rise of power, classic intense division between tribes, stuff like that.
Honestly, i've only been into platonic relationships, though lately, a change of taste, a turn in the series I'm reading kinda had me develop a taste in forbidden love. Wouldn't mind dipping my feet a lil deeper into that honestly.
I actually share a lot of the same interest, especially mystic aspects.
Y'all familiar with DnD? If not, it's simply a medieval setting where magic is rampant, I love rps with a good supernatural aspect to them. It doesn't have to be the main point, but I would like our characters to have unique abilities, maybe even have unique races as well. Like orcs, tieflings, Drows, demons, genasi, and so on.

Ok! On that last note you made Pixel, gotta say, my most favorite types of rp plots are the ones where the characters hate each other. Are different in every way possible are only brought together by the sheer reason to save the world they know and love. And of course, there's no other option.

We can go into the adventure field, I got no problem, though I do love me a good war setting, maybe not total, but the concept that their environment is dangerous, and everyone may not be on their side. Though, war settings I think can easily be put into an adventure plot line.

Hello!

Similar age and background here. I love to write and finally got up the guts to create an account here to begin RPing again.

I love fantasy genre and am very familiar with my characters! But I am typically pretty flexible and am happy writing almost anything.

I am very interested if you are still looking.

Yes, I love variety! I'm totally fine with elf-like humanoids being the main species similarly to LoZ if First Rose First Rose is fine with that! (For reference, Hylians are essentially elf-eared people who rule the kingdom and are the majority of the population.) Definitely would like it if we could make up some species, whether based on the typical fantasy ones or not. As for cute moments, love it, and some love-hate or just straight out enemies would add some spice. I do know of DnD, but I've barely played to know much about it, but I gather adding in elements such as luck and other skill stats could take a role.

So here's what I'm thinking so far from what you've both mentioned; characters drawn together for a vital matter of importance, perhaps one they don't know of right away. We can plan for each character to have their own arcs, the first drawing them all together. Perhaps we could include a tribal war that all the characters are unwillingly forced into the middle of? Perhaps one of the main's could be from one of the warring tribes, and that could be the first arc? We can definitely include all sorts of adventure and action. I like the idea of portals to other realms (such as mirror or spirit realms), and ancient ruins.

That idea you threw out there sounds awesome. I’d RP that in a heartbeat.

I am a huge fan of enemies-become-friends.

I love LOVE writing lore and mythology for RPs. Anything with that is *chefs kiss*

Yeeeesss, frenemies are great for character development. So, two for that basic starting point, how do the rest of you feel? Any suggestions are welcome. 🙂

Do we also want side characters? I'm fine with coming up with essential npcs, and even quests, but for our mains I would say we should stick to max of five or six.

Also, just a heads up that I'm off to bed soon, but I'll be on periodically tomorrow.

Are we wanting to hash out details and lore here prior to the RP? (Apologies if that is a silly question- this thread actually is what caused me to make an account after lurking for quite some time on this website.)

Like I said.. I love lore. I teach history. Haha.

Oh yeah! OOH like, what if the Hylians are the ones with the most control over the tribes because they have majority. A type of rule that the various forms of communities don't agree with, which causes tension, and eventually, war. Which, our characters could be from different tribes, or some from the same, and others from another, however way. Then in an effort to stop the war, perhaps our characters get together someway.

Oh yeah Definetly side chars. What'd I'd love is to have one char on one side, and another character on another. PERHaps, there's some people on the inside brewing all of this up, and they're the real enemies, not the actual rulers, or leaders of each tribe. But our chars don't find that out till last minute, maybe even a betrayal happens somewhere?? Huehuehue

What if there was some sort of corrupt “government members” and a coup had to be organized in order to fix it? Like... a corrupt advisor or two?

Oof, um, not to be that person but admittedly some of the stuff is a little bit different than what I idealized; I can't say I'm a huge fan of war RPs because generally things a little bit more intimate and friendly. One of the things that I particularly adored about LoZ was actually the fact that all the different races got along with each other at least decently, even if they had differing opinions on things. And I admit I think I may have interpreted what you meant by "tribes" a little bit differently; I was thinking more like city-states, or towns or even cities, admittedly ><. But that's okay! If you guys really like your concept, you should keep going with it; I can just bow out before we get too far along here.

Oh, I'm so flattered! I'm glad my thread convinced you. 😊 I'm fine with a mix of creating lore prior to and then during the RP. Good understanding of history and patterns can definitely be of use to build our basis. I was also thinking, since it seems we all have different strengths, we could divide up some of the tasks? So, maybe one or two people can take on what they enjoy most(character stat systems, species creation, lore, etc) and come up with ideas to work with. Then everyone can okay ideas and throw in details or suggestions if they are inspired.

We will need to come up with a different name and some characteristics to make our race unique to our world, Are we thinking the society should be dissolved into tribal only, or have a mix of "old" ways and technologically advanced people? The main race could be considered the latter, if we go that route. As for the war, I'm very much between PixelSymphony PixelSymphony and both of your ideas. I do like a little political decent, but I wouldn't want an outright war to be the focal point for too long. Perhaps a rivalry or fighting among two specific groups? I also am on the same lines where I would prefer a mix of villages, tribes, and small city-states, all the way up to capital cities.

PixelSymphony PixelSymphony Are you all right with warring tribes being a start up point? Or no fighting at all? I'm at a point where I can go either way, if we all agree to.

Oh, yes yes, I'm fine with it being a story point; I just don't want this entire thing to be about "THE WAR OF THE THREE TRIBES". I want it to be "oh no, while we were in this temple, war broke out between these two groups, and now we need to find out why and if there's a way to bring this about to a peaceful resolution, like, i unno, getting them some artifact they can share or something from some temple that requires an oddly specific item to progress through."

Splitting up tasks sounds like a great idea! I am happy to take on whatever is needed.

What if we had an initial conflict that branched out into opportunity for character development and growth, but then a “b plot” grew from it and the characters?

For example, a side character stole something of importance, and it was blamed on the wrong city/township, resulting in chaos, a curse, etc.?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back