• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Multiple Settings Seeking Salvation (OOC)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

The Dapper Mog

The Earth is a divided planet, host to a variety of species ever in conflict with one another, none more so than humanity. Their invisible lines separating their various nations and battles over resources were expected to never end. From far off, the Earth was observed by various civilizations, and news of them spread wide. The Earth was treated like a noisy neighbor by most of galaxy, due largely to the consideration that the violent inhabitants of the planet would be far too busy killing each other and quarreling to ever be of any real threat. However, many feared the humans would eventually discover the means of traveling to other planets, bringing with their a taste for conquest.

Many debates were held between the various space faring civilizations about whether or not the humans would destroy each other, whether or not they should intervene, and how likely it was that humans would develop a means of space travel. Generally, the debates all ended the same way, with the consensus being that Earth was just another planet best left alone. No contact protocols were put into place and strictly enforced. This remained so for centuries. Until July of the year 1945.

Suddenly, the Earth was in the spotlight, the so-called center of the universe. Everyone watched them closely, in a mix of curiosity and fear. Humanity became a bogeyman to the galactic community. They could easily wipe out entire civilizations with their weapons, and their technology was beginning to develop at a rapid rate. The time was rapidly approaching for a final decision to be made. Something needed to be done. A grand debate was held among the galactic community, and after much deliberation, a decision was reached. One planet, one of which had a great deal of experience with the Earth, would contact them, and attempt to broker some semblance of peace on the planet, and hopefully serve as some form of deterrent for global war.

So it was decided, the planet Asgard would send unto the Earth a small band of emissaries to try and establish relations and maintain peace. It was hoped that in time, through the guidance of the Asgard, humanity would learn wisdom and peace, and eventually be able to join the galactic community. There were some, however, that strongly disagreed with this decision, and thus began the fearful paranoia. One such planet was an advanced civilization known as Anrara, plotted their own means of ensuring the humanity would never threaten the safety of the galaxy.

Anrara, more specifically a small group of their scientists created an lifeform in secret, mixing their own DNA with that of humans, tampering with the entity to give it special properties and abilities. Project Salvation, as it was called, was created and developed to be sent to Earth to hide out among its people, seeking to find a means of preventing humanity from destroying the galaxy, but first it would need to prevent them from destroying themselves.

It only took a short number of years after first contact for Asgard to establish a small settlement on Earth, and Project Salvation arrived on Earth shortly after. Hidden from them, utilizing information gained from study, it hid among the populace under a human guise. It didn't take long for an initial plan to hatch, but it acted too soon. Project Salvation released an incomplete formula across the planet, drastically reducing birthrates, with the intent of over a few hundred years, reducing humanity's population to a small enough number that they would no longer pose a threat.

However, an unexpected side effect occured, in which the alteration to human DNA had been more significant than intended. Some human offspring began to develop mutations that gave them extraordinary abilities, some of the Asgard interbred with humanity, creating a new species of super powered humans. It hasn't been more than a few generations since the arrival of the Asgard, but civilization has changed in many ways. While tensions between nations still exist, most large scale conflict has been eradicated, resources are less scarce, and an unsteady peace is being maintained.

On the flip side, the Earth is now having to deal with a new brand of criminal and conflict. In light of this, vigiilanteism is on the rise, with heroes popping up all over the globe to protect people and to thwart nefarious plans put into place by both super powered and the more mundane criminal element. This, finally, is where you come in.

Now, generations after these events began, you are young heroes, fighting crime primarily in the city of New York, one of the hot spots of super activity. You are still fairly inexperienced, and the well known heroes of the Earth are counting on you to become the next generation of defenders. While they do not yet trust you to handle matters of significant danger, they rely on you to handle low level crimes and villains. They will train you, your various mentors, and in time, you will become great heroes of the realm.

Rules:

All site rules apply here
No godmoding or powerplaying
Even supers have weaknesses
Any abilities must be approved
You may play multiple characters if you can handle it
My word goes, but I'm not perfect, please bear with me (bear sounds)
Don't be an ass. Be friendly to your fellow players
Character death is unlikely, but injuries are probable
Feel free to explore interpersonal relationships in character, just make sure all parties are okay with it
Probably more later
Feel free to ask any questions!

Character Sheet:

Appearance: (Feel free to use art, a description, or a combination of)
Name:
Aliases: (optional)
Abilities: (Powers, skills, anything of the sort)
Personality:
Bio: (Feel free to keep this short if you'd like, I'm content with a paragraph or two if that's your speed)
Extra: (anything else you wish to add)

Three questions!

Around what time period/year is this going to start in?
We're allowed to design our own mentors, correct?
And finally, is there any lore around any council/group of heroes that we might know about beforehand?

Ah, let me see here...

It's taking place in the modern day, circa 2020-ish.

You are absolutely allowed to design your own mentor, I wanted you guys to be able have the leeway there.

Currently the idea of heroes banding together in an official capacity is basically unheard of. They have helped each other here and there, but that's it.

Hope that helps. ^_^

Few questions here:

Does magic exist here? And if so, is a Superior-Mystic Human doable (it's essentially a human who has both superpowers and magical abilities)

If I don't want to make a mentor, would one be provided for my character or can I choose whether they can have one or not?

Do you prefer real-life face claims or animated ones (like drawn, anime, etc)

And lastly, what is the age limit for a character?

I'm going to say magic exists in the setting, but it is fairly unexplored. A character that is both a super and magical sounds like it would be a bit too powerful for my tastes, especially in regards to keeping the players somewhat balanced.

Generally I see it as kind of a rock paper scissors thing with tech, magic, and supers. But that's honestly over-complicating a bit, sorry.

That being said, I don't mind characters being strong, you can make a character's inexperience and overconfidence a viable and usable flaw. How about you tell me what you want the character to be able to do more specifically? I really do dislike saying no to player creativity.

Okay, next point. I am planning to make some NPC mentors that players can choose from, you can make your own, pending approval, or you can not have one. I will say that not having a mentor would likely affect their growth and how much leeway the heroes give them, since the mentors would also be keeping an eye on their sidekicks.

As far as an age limit, I would prefer the characters be at least 16 years of age, and the oldest supers are in their 50's or 60's. But the main premise here is that the players are supposed to be youthful and inexperienced heroes in training.

Edit: Missed one. I prefer art for face claims. Style doesn't matter to me, really. But I do like fairly realistic styles, but anime styles are fine as well.

Thank you for asking questions, though, it helps me flesh things out. Hope this helps.

Oh, no worries, it was only a throw-away idea. I was essentially testing the waters to see what is and isn't acceptable. However, I'll be going with a warrior and sorcerer theme that uses magic. If that's okay, he'll look rather Spartan-like. I was picturing Pact Magic in terms of what they are capable of. If you're familiar with Dungeons and Dragons, warlocks' abilities are very similar to those of my character. If you still don't grasp it, they can invoke the power of mystical beings known as principalities that dwell in dimensions that are parallel to our own to cast spells. Regarding their character flaws and disposition, I imagined that while they would be quite adept at using their capabilities, they would however lack the experience, strategic decision-making, teamworking skills, and discipline needed to be efficient.

Funny you say that, since I was about to ask everyone what ideas they have for their characters. I’ve got a few but want to make sure that the one I choose melds well with the rest of the team

I am an avid D&D player, nice reference! Eldritch Blast is king.

Anyway, I like the idea, it sounds interesting. I'm thinking of making a mystical mentor character too, if you're interested in them having a mentor.

I am an avid D&D player, nice reference! Eldritch Blast is king.

Anyway, I like the idea, it sounds interesting. I'm thinking of making a mystical mentor character too, if you're interested in them having a mentor.
Ahh, well count me intrigued :D I will have to see the character before I finalize anything if you don't mind that.

Funny you say that, since I was about to ask everyone what ideas they have for their characters. I’ve got a few but want to make sure that the one I choose melds well with the rest of the team
Really! Well, I do hope my character idea doesn't conflict with yours. I don't often see extra-dimensional magic and invocation as common magic types used by people.

Let me get him put up for ya. I'm debating on whether or not I wanna actually give personality details too, since it could be useful, but I kinda like the idea of leaving it in game

Can my character be his mentor in rp, not at the start, but along the way.

Yeah, given my character's personality, he would be persistent in not being under anyone's supervision or following anyone for that matter. As my character would put it "Sorcerers have little patience for the laws of nature and even less for the laws of man"

Honestly I think they could have an interesting dynamic given Batus's reverence for nature and spirits. They could likely both benefit from working together. Lol

Hi!!

So like questions then:

• If we make a mentor, is it okay just to provide basic info rather than a fully fleshed out sheet?
  • Are humans at conflict with any of the aliens that contacted us? Do the two types of aliens get along?
  • What else do we know about how they interact with humans in current times? Like what do they even look like lol
  • If we are vigilantes, are we above the law or are we running from them too?
  • Have we already done a mission together or are we just gathering when we go IC'ly?

Oh boy, *sharp inhale*

You don't need to provide a lot of information for the mentors, no.

Thus far humans have no issues with other aliens. The Asgard are the only species that have interacted with humanity, but they did tell humans that others exist and they aren't supposed to interact with humanity. The secondary introduced alien civilization is completely secretive right now in so far as the story and humans are concerned. Both species are believed to be on good terms.

The Asgard are near humans and are, like in a lot of fiction, inspiration for the Earth based faith of Norse Myth. They stay primarily in a sectioned off area in Northern Europe they call Little Asgard, but visit with humans and their offspring if they have any fairly frequently. There are still tensions, and a couple of the Asgard disagree with the mingling because they fear the combination of inherent Asgardian strength and humanity's "destructive tendencies".

So long as you don't commit crimes yourselves, the older heroes that the law tends to "ignore" vouch for you, giving you a fair amount of freedom. That being said, many law enforcement officials dislike the entire idea and may give you a hard time.

I would prefer the team already knows each other and have worked among themselves before, simply because it makes it much easier to introduce everything and skips past the super awkward phase. But one or two outliers probably wouldn't be problematic.

Phew. Hope that helps. Lol ^_^

How is magic looked upon in the superhero community and the public, is it well-received, controversial, or disliked? And since little is known about it, does the government feel anyway towards magic users?

People are mostly either dismissive of magic or skeptical. But most people are also very uncertain of supers, though offer enough support to heroes not to call for action against them. The government views supers as a necessary problem to combst bigger problems, and see magic users as just an offshoot of supers.

The Earth is a divided planet, host to a variety of species ever in conflict with one another, none more so than humanity. Their invisible lines separating their various nations and battles over resources were expected to never end. From far off, the Earth was observed by various civilizations, and news of them spread wide. The Earth was treated like a noisy neighbor by most of galaxy, due largely to the consideration that the violent inhabitants of the planet would be far too busy killing each other and quarreling to ever be of any real threat. However, many feared the humans would eventually discover the means of traveling to other planets, bringing with their a taste for conquest.

Many debates were held between the various space faring civilizations about whether or not the humans would destroy each other, whether or not they should intervene, and how likely it was that humans would develop a means of space travel. Generally, the debates all ended the same way, with the consensus being that Earth was just another planet best left alone. No contact protocols were put into place and strictly enforced. This remained so for centuries. Until July of the year 1945.

Suddenly, the Earth was in the spotlight, the so-called center of the universe. Everyone watched them closely, in a mix of curiosity and fear. Humanity became a bogeyman to the galactic community. They could easily wipe out entire civilizations with their weapons, and their technology was beginning to develop at a rapid rate. The time was rapidly approaching for a final decision to be made. Something needed to be done. A grand debate was held among the galactic community, and after much deliberation, a decision was reached. One planet, one of which had a great deal of experience with the Earth, would contact them, and attempt to broker some semblance of peace on the planet, and hopefully serve as some form of deterrent for global war.

So it was decided, the planet Asgard would send unto the Earth a small band of emissaries to try and establish relations and maintain peace. It was hoped that in time, through the guidance of the Asgard, humanity would learn wisdom and peace, and eventually be able to join the galactic community. There were some, however, that strongly disagreed with this decision, and thus began the fearful paranoia. One such planet was an advanced civilization known as Anrara, plotted their own means of ensuring the humanity would never threaten the safety of the galaxy.

Anrara, more specifically a small group of their scientists created an lifeform in secret, mixing their own DNA with that of humans, tampering with the entity to give it special properties and abilities. Project Salvation, as it was called, was created and developed to be sent to Earth to hide out among its people, seeking to find a means of preventing humanity from destroying the galaxy, but first it would need to prevent them from destroying themselves.

It only took a short number of years after first contact for Asgard to establish a small settlement on Earth, and Project Salvation arrived on Earth shortly after. Hidden from them, utilizing information gained from study, it hid among the populace under a human guise. It didn't take long for an initial plan to hatch, but it acted too soon. Project Salvation released an incomplete formula across the planet, drastically reducing birthrates, with the intent of over a few hundred years, reducing humanity's population to a small enough number that they would no longer pose a threat.

However, an unexpected side effect occured, in which the alteration to human DNA had been more significant than intended. Some human offspring began to develop mutations that gave them extraordinary abilities, some of the Asgard interbred with humanity, creating a new species of super powered humans. It hasn't been more than a few generations since the arrival of the Asgard, but civilization has changed in many ways. While tensions between nations still exist, most large scale conflict has been eradicated, resources are less scarce, and an unsteady peace is being maintained.

On the flip side, the Earth is now having to deal with a new brand of criminal and conflict. In light of this, vigiilanteism is on the rise, with heroes popping up all over the globe to protect people and to thwart nefarious plans put into place by both super powered and the more mundane criminal element. This, finally, is where you come in.

Now, generations after these events began, you are young heroes, fighting crime primarily in the city of New York, one of the hot spots of super activity. You are still fairly inexperienced, and the well known heroes of the Earth are counting on you to become the next generation of defenders. While they do not yet trust you to handle matters of significant danger, they rely on you to handle low level crimes and villains. They will train you, your various mentors, and in time, you will become great heroes of the realm.

Rules:

All site rules apply here
No godmoding or powerplaying
Even supers have weaknesses
Any abilities must be approved
You may play multiple characters if you can handle it
My word goes, but I'm not perfect, please bear with me (bear sounds)
Don't be an ass. Be friendly to your fellow players
Character death is unlikely, but injuries are probable
Feel free to explore interpersonal relationships in character, just make sure all parties are okay with it
Probably more later
Feel free to ask any questions!

Character Sheet:

Appearance: (Feel free to use art, a description, or a combination of)
Name:
Aliases: (optional)
Abilities: (Powers, skills, anything of the sort)
Personality:
Bio: (Feel free to keep this short if you'd like, I'm content with a paragraph or two if that's your speed)
Extra: (anything else you wish to add)
Hey, you might ping the others from the interest check in case they don't know this is here

Could you explain to me how the alien tech gives them the powers, and do you want to flesh out this aliens? If it's unimportant, we can leave then vague for now or what have you.

I had to read up on the character, but it should be fine. At worse we may just need to make their invulnerability slightly less powerful. We'll see. Thanks again for your interest. ^_^

Could you explain to me how the alien tech gives them the powers, and do you want to flesh out this aliens? If it's unimportant, we can leave then vague for now or what have you.

I had to read up on the character, but it should be fine. At worse we may just need to make their invulnerability slightly less powerful. We'll see. Thanks again for your interest. ^_^
So like are you turning me away then?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back