• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Seeking partner for FxF Teacher x Student story set in the American 1960s.

cam

super serious rp superstar
Hi, y'all. Back at it after a hiatus.

I'm looking for a creative, friendly, and enthusiastic RP partner to join me in building a 1x1 FxF RP between teacher and student. Ideally, this person would be able to write at least one or two posts a day, and would want to plan and discuss things OOC as well. Posts would preferably be via PM or Discord and wouldn't have to be super long - about 3-5 short paragraphs would be fine. I'd much rather focus on the pacing of the story and character interaction than anything else. As long as your grammar and sentence structure is relatively on point, and you're working with me on making a complete narrative, I'm not very picky about having some shorter posts. I like detail in RP, but detail does not equal verbose. I'm looking for believably in character motivation and use of setting to define circumstances. Not purple prose!

Why the 60s? It's been on my mind a lot lately. I like the confused limbo it occupies between the conservative idealized image of the 50s and the revolutionizing freelove image of the 70s. I like how a lot of music from the era hid a tone of bittersweet restlessness beneath a veneer of poppy earworm jingles. I like how cities were dirty and cars were loud and fashion was bold and everything was imperfect, like an entire decade was forcing a smile. And let's also not forget how The Graduate popularized the scandalous younger + older pairing in modern fiction with the 1963 novel and 1967 movie.

I'd love for the aesthetic and tumult of the era to play into our story. My character, being older and more traditional, could struggle with how women felt pressure to be successful homemakers at the cost of their own wants. Your character, being younger, could be inspired by counterculture developing in California, and grow increasingly frustrated with midwest living. Their differences in how they address their struggles could be both the thing that unites them and the thing that emphasizes the disparity in their life experiences.

Aside from that, I'd also love to see our characters deal with guilt, shame, jealously, confusion, and everything else that could go along with trying to justify an arguably unhealthy and imbalanced relationship. Of course, I do want there to be sunshine and rainbows as well, because pure angst is exhausting.

There's some other plot and characterization tidbits rattling around in the ol' braincase, but I think I've made a big enough wall of text already. So PM me for the deets!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back