• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy 1x1 fantasy story (set during war, touch of steampunk) - CLOSED

Erica

Shiny Browncoat
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
I've found a writing partner for this story, so this request is currently CLOSED.
If you're interested in a different story idea, feel free to drop me a PM.

Hello there!
  1. I am looking for a writing partner. Let’s bounce story ideas off each other, add to the setting, laugh at our characters and their flaws, and generally have fun with it! (Otherwise, why are we doing it?)
  2. I consider myself a literate roleplayer, and I’m looking for the same. What does that mean? Love of story and character interaction coupled with a firm grasp of grammar and spelling. (I understanding that everyone makes typos/errors from time to time; we’re only human.) For this story, I absolutely need someone who's willing to world build and craft a plot with me.
  3. I also prefer a partner who is at least 20 years old. No offense to younger writers: this is a comfort level for me based on past experience and the nature of this particular story.
  4. Post length: I tend to write posts of 2-10 paragraphs, depending on my partner’s style and the point we are at in the story. That said, I’m all about quality over quantity. Dialogue will be shorter posts. One-liner posts don’t work for me, but otherwise, please be descriptive, engaging, and help move the plot along, and we’ll get along fine.
  5. For this particular story, my primary character will be female and I would prefer you play a male/male leaning primary character. I can and will play multiple NPCs and secondary characters all along the gender spectrum. If you’re up for playing NPCs as well, that just might make my day.
  6. Yes, I would entertain romance in this story - assuming the characters cooperate - although that will not be the central point of the plot, nor am I looking for insta-love. They will definitely NOT like each other at the start, for obvious reasons when you read the hook. While we're at it, humor is also an essential component of any story for me. Bonus points if it is dark and/or dry.
  7. Posting Frequency: I can usually post a minimum of twice a week, often more frequently. I also have a job, a family, and a life, so there may be points where I cannot post for a few days. I’ll let you know if it’ll be more than a couple of days. I’m looking for someone who can post similarly.
  8. Please communicate with me. If real life kicks in the door and is taking over your time, it’s all good: please just try to let me know. Likewise, if the story isn’t working for some reason, let’s talk about it and correct it if we can. Or if you lose interest, please say so. I’d much rather get a PM saying it isn’t working than have someone disappear.
Want to know more about my style? Other characters and several writing samples can be found here: Erica's Writing Corner.
No, really - read the info in the spoiler above. Please.

Still here? Fantastic! Thank you for reading and for your (presumed) interest.

So... what's the story?

Tentative Title: Desperate Souls

High-level summary: Rival nations are setting aside long-standing bitterness to survive/fight an outside threat. Our characters are meant to cement and lead that joint effort through an arranged marriage. It doesn't start well.

Important Note: I have world ready for us to play in/with, details below.

Forgive the cliche, but this starts with an arranged marriage as the hook to get the characters together. We start with two nations: one who values strength and has agricultural roots (think Scotland), one more merchant-focused, specializing in magical devices. Here's the map of the world and a close-up of the two nations - North and South Llient. And, finally, for those who want more, a description of the locations.

North and South Llient have been bitter rivals for generations. Magic exists, but is generally controlled or frowned upon. In South Llient (the southern, more strength-focused nation), wizards/mages are considered abominations and barely tolerated unless they apply their gift to the larger good. There, the magical devices in the world are considered necessary tools so they don't fall behind the times. In North Llient (the northern "civilized" nation), magic is considered the domain of the church: children are tested to ensure they don't carry the stain of magic. Those who are found to carry such a stain are "purified" by the church. North Llient mixes magic and science, creating devices that harness the magic approved and provided by the church. This gave them great advantages in the past, propelling North Llient into wealth and world prestige.

For centuries, North and South Llient have traded begrudgingly as they fought for territory along their border in regular skrimishes - the hatred runs strongly between them. The balance was maintained by the power of magical devices in North Llient offsetting the strength and battle prowess of South Llient, but the devices have generally become less reliable over time. As a result, tensions have been steadily rising.

While they both were distracted and occupied with their internal conflict, a neighboring nation saw an opportunity. Now both North and South Llient are facing a threat from a third warmongering nation to the east, Gallar. Already they have both lost territory to this new threat, and recent losses have caused the leaders of both nations to realize the only chance for survival is to combine their strengths and unite against their shared enemy. A marriage (featuring our two primary muses) is arranged to cement their agreement - and hopefully get the people on board with fighting side-by-side. Only the ceremony is attacked by the warmongering nation. The newlyweds Will need to learn how to get along while grieving their loved ones lost and fighting to save their respective countries. I have ideas for other secrets they'll uncover on the way as well.

I can play a woman from either North or South Llient who will be the offered bride. I'm looking for a player to write the groom from the other nation.

Please drop me a PM if you're interested in writing this story.

Last edited:
For some reason i cannot pm folks, but if you would pm me, im more than interested in this and to see if we can work something out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back