• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Seeking Literate/Longterm Partner(s)

ashen.eidolon

where do we go now but nowhere?
Hello, I'm ghosts.in.the.starlight, or ghost, or starlight, or whatever you want to call me. I will probably make a small change to my username as soon as I can, since I see that it doesn't fit right, at least on my screen haha.

I am not new to roleplaying by any means. I have over a decade of experience, but I have created a new username to start fresh after a couple of years away.

A little about me: I am an expecting mother, so I now only work around 6 hours per day, five days a week. My days off are pretty random each week right now, but I do have plenty of free time. That said, I am also tired a lot, so you can expect replies from me to average 1-3 times per week depending on what I have going on. I am extremely patient and don't require daily responses from any potential rp partners though, no worries.

I am 26, so I do prefer to rp with people 18+

Romance does not have to be the driving force of any plot, but I am comfortable with romance being involved.

I am willing to communicate outside of the rp as much as needed or as little as wanted. However you like to do it is fine with me, though I do believe communication from time to time is important to keep ideas flowing. I sometimes get busy and cannot reply immediately, but I will always come back to you.

I am ghost friendly, I have a life too, so I understand. Though I try to not do it myself.

And lastly, I consider myself to be fairly literate, and prefer to write with someone who is, but I am not so concerned about it that I don't tolerate mistakes, bad days, english not being your first language, that sort of thing. I am happy as long as you are writing with effort and relative passion, and give me enough to respond to.

Okay that was way longer than I meant for it to be, but on to my ideas, most of them come with multiple options and room for you to improve them: Most of these are on the darker side, I will do stuff that's not dark but it's my general preference to stay in the gritty category.

Only the Shadows Know
Muse A is a relatively successful artist. Maybe they don't have all the riches, but they have enough to live comfortably off of their art and supplement their income with a part time museum job. They have always appeared to be a well grounded individual, with healthy close family and friend relationships. They could be described as normal in every way apart from the artsy quirks.
Muse B is the artists best friend, they have always admired their best friend's normal life and sound mind. But they've recently noticed their friend seems tired and out of sorts.
Muse A hasn't told anyone yet, but they are spiraling. They suddenly, and out of nowhere, have a feeling they are being watched, and have had several strange experiences to back up the belief. They don't want to bring attention to it, in case it's all in their head, but they can't shake the feeling they're not alone anymore.

This plot could really go in any direction. Maybe the artist is just losing their mind, maybe someone else is watching them closely, maybe it's Muse B. Maybe it's because Muse B is a little more interested in Muse A than just friends, maybe Muse A's house is haunted, or maybe muse B is a vampire looking to turn Muse A into one of them. Honestly I am happy to explore any options here. Also I threw Artist in as the occupation because it felt right at the time, but it can be changed if desired. If romance is to occur I don't mind if it's M/F or M/M, but I do prefer to play a male character for this plot.

Fleeting Freedom
Muse A had been kidnapped and held hostage for several years. They finally escaped thanks to their strong determination and clever planning. Their kidnapper is now on the run, but they have returned home to live with their family. Muse B knew about the kidnapping from the news, but had never met Muse A until now. Muse B just wants to help in any way they can, but Muse A is having a difficult time adjusting to the outside world after several years in captivity and just continuing on with life is not going to be an easy thing.

There are several options here, and since I derived much of this plot from the movie Room I am happy to go in any direction closer to or further away from that idea. Perhaps Muse A had a child while in captivity, and being a single parent while also coping with this traumatic past can be a dynamic for that character. Maybe Muse A thinks Muse B should not be trusted regardless of how nice they seem. Maybe Muse B does have sinister intentions. Or maybe Muse A gets themselves into another type of trouble while trying to cope with life outside of captivity. For this plot I do prefer that Muse A be female and Muse B male, but romance is optional either way! I am happy to play either character.

I have many more ideas that aren't fleshed out enough to put into a post just yet, but I do have a lot of different interests. So if your ideas are anything slice of life/gritty/dark, throw them at me! The plots above are just some ideas I had going around and I would love to hear other ideas or ideas to change around the ones I presented.

I promise I am friendly and willing to work with anyone!

The only quirks I have is I will only use real face claims and uhh... yeah, that's it! So let me know if you're interested and lets get to work on getting a solid idea. Thank you for your time!!

I'd be interested in the second plot!
Okay! If you don't mind messaging me when you have time so we can get the details worked out then please do. I forgot when I made a new account you have to have 10 posts before you can initiate private messages lol.

Hey love! I'd love to talk to you about writing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back