• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Seeking DM (5e)

Xio

Knight of yip
So a bit of backstory first. I have been trying to get my friends to play Dungeons and Dragons for a while. They know how to play and tried a few times, but due to issues were not able to continue. After several attempts, I managed to convince them to try playing. However, for reasons I still do not quite understand myself their only condition was that I had to play with them, rather than DM for them. It wouldn't be too bad if it wasn't for the fact that the only people I know who are interested in Dungeon Mastering are busy with their own campaigns too full to allow one more person in, let alone three.

As such I turn to the internet. We are seeking a relatively experienced Dungeon Master for a 5e game of their choice. Due to my friends' preferences, we'd prefer a smaller game of three people, but we can find a fourth or fifth if nothing else. Both of them are still amateur-level players who understand the basics, but I am experienced with the system. We would prefer using Discord and Roll20, but Skype is not out of the question. We should be available at night on weekends, but I cannot speak for everyone in that regard at this time.

Additionally, while I know this is a bit backwards, we are not seeking any players at this time. Thank you.

Have you tried going to D&D Beyond and looking there? They actually have a comprehensive character and game creation system even for free users, so although there's a lot of pay to unlock content honestly you can create great games with the free resources given. I'd definitely look there, especially in their forums because its quite the active community. I made an account last night looking into hopping into a game and it seemed pretty active to me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back