• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern seeking advanced partner(s) -

timshel

๐™ฉ๐™๐™ค๐™ช ๐™ข๐™–๐™ฎ๐™š๐™จ๐™ฉ
hi and welcome to my lair
introduction, i guess?
hey there. the name's baird, and i'm looking for an advanced, preferably long-term partner. or two! or three? keep on reading and let's see if we're any good for each other.
if you're genuinely interested in anything i have to say below, please send me a pm!! i take those as more serious signs of commitment

things to keep in mind about me.

- i'm just gonna get bored if you can't post lengthy, advanced replies. sorry. i myself tend to write 800-1,000+ words for an average post, and my starters can get exceptionally long. i expect you to at least match that, and i can provide examples for your reference, if needed.
- i'm a full time university student, which means i'm not going to be super available around the clock. writing is a release for me, so i don't want pressure from you to reply more than once or twice a week to make this less fun for me.
- i tend to roleplay male/masculine characters, though i can work with anyone along the gender spectrum. if romance is involved, it's usually queer.
- i'm an adult, and i would prefer a partner over eighteen as well. often times, my characters and plots include mature/adult themes and topics, and i'd be uncomfortable speaking about heavy stuff with a minor.
- i love plotting (i really love getting into headcanons about characters, plots, pairings, etc.) and ooc chatter about roleplay and life itself!
- although i have some fandom interests, i don't roleplay as/with canon characters. it's just strange to me.

current interests.
i don't really like highly structured, rigidly defined plots; i feel like immediately put a cap on my creativity. instead, if you have a suggestion, propose it to me in bare-bones pairings, basic plots, situations, etc., and i'll let you know what i think.

themes:
angst--give me all the sad, the trauma, the vices, and the daddy issues.
tragedy
drama
horror/suspense
tasteful romance--i love a natural pairing of characters, and i absolutely hate it when romance is forced. love and let love, man.
tasteful fantasy/modern fantasy--i usually don't like much fantasy. magic in a modern/contemporary setting has always really intrigued me, though.
dystopia--some of my favorite books are 1984, the handmaid's tale, and other stories of subjugation.
post-apocalyptic settings--did someone say nuclear war? global pandemic? both??
fandoms:
the handmaid's tale
the hunger games
the twilight saga--yes, i will always be a sucker for vampires and romance. help.
maximum ride--i don't even know with this one. something about mutants/test subjects just gets me.
pairings:
closeted x out--not to romanticize being in the closet, but that creates an interesting story dynamic.
magical/creature x human
two survivors (kind of limited to shared trauma, such as the hunger games or post-apocalypse)

Last edited:
I think in some ways, we may be looking for the same thing.. though, I -can- do the super lengthy posts.. I tend to prefer a paragraph or two for continuity. I feel it makes it less natural, especially when there is dialogue.. because one must assume that those words are not just filler (I hope), and that things are actually happening. So for instance.. if your character is asking my character something, and then he goes and does ten other things, by the time my character is responding, you have already assumed their response and continued on..

Though, when it works, I do prefer long posts.. like when someone is very much in their own head, or scenes that have a large amount of detail. But then again, I also prefer more of a back and forth style, as opposed to "Here, Imma give you one huge chunk of text once a week". That's why I don't do forum play.

I like the same themes as you though. Especially the angst and trauma.

well yeah, of course, length can be variable and dialogue-heavy scenes can lighten up a little. that being said though, everything you just said is making me think we aren't going to be great partners. sorry

Howdy friend! Iโ€™m a bit new to this site but not to role play! I saw your search thread and I think we have a lot in common! Especially the length of our replies! I post any where from 800-2000 words and when the creative juices really flow I can write pages upon pages! Iโ€™d love to discuss something with ya if youโ€™re interested!

just sent you a message!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back